Proctor Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

General hospital staffing work.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 19, 2015
This job was my first job after graduation. I was a great job to start with because of the variety of opportunities it provided. No day was the same.
Pros
Great learning experience
Helping and making people feel better
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Helping people every day
Helped out wherever I could
Management and co-workers were wonderful
Nothing really hard, since I was a volunteer
I loved everything about it
Pros
my whole experience was pros
Learning experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 30, 2014
I was so excited when Proctor hired me, I really looked forward to working with my Supervisor. She had seemed so pleasant and friendly during the interview process and remained as such. The only unfortunate part of my Proctor experience was that I worked in three offices. This was the hardest part of the job for me, I came from expecting work loyalty, longevity, and camaraderie to being the "new" employee 2x more than I planned. At each of the 3 facilities I found many of my co-workers to be very negative about Proctor. This was difficult for me as I enjoy working in a positive, upbeat atmosphere. I found enjoyment in offering to pick up shifts, whether they were in 'my' facility or another. I learned that even if their are thorns in the bushes, you can still be a rose.
Pros
recieved flowers from proctor hospital when there was a death in my family, acknowledgment for birthdays and anniversary, health insurance, medical, dental, and vision for employee and family, eap opportunities, vendors provided free lunches, discounted lunches at hospital, able to transfer with supervisor when she left one office for the next.
Cons
seemed unclear on overtime
Good working environment
Patient Financial Services Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and the financial aspect.
loved my co workers
Certified Orthopedic Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 21, 2014
not to fond of the the new and improved United Point Proctor. I learned a lot of great things from my co workers. with the management u never knew what to expect with them. a typical day was pretty good because we usually stayed really busy.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Productive and enjoyable work setting
Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 20, 2014
My employment with Proctor Hospital consisted in seeing, treating and following patients in hospital as well as in an outpatient setting.
I learned to apply my medical knowledge to the many patient types I saw on daily basis. The management was not too physician friendly and excessive with their work demands. My co-workers included physicians (multiple specialties), nurses, office assistant, hospital staff, and social workers. The hardest part of the job was taking call sometimes staying up all night seen ICU patients and having to perform at 100% next day without any sleep or rest. The most enjoyable part of the job was making correct diagnosis and treating patients.
Pros
the housing provided by the hospital was very near work.
Clean, friendly enviromnent.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 17, 2014
The majority of my work shifts are 12 hours. I enjoy the job, coworkers, clientele. The most satisfactory part of my job is seeing a pt. turn around and feel well enough to be discharged after their visit with us. The hardest part of my job it the long commute. I have a 2 1/2 half hour round trip commute at this time. I am relocating to Galesburg (where I was born and raised) and am looking for a nursing job where I will not have to spend so many hours a day on the road.
typical day
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 19, 2013
i loved working here. i liked meeting people in their rooms when i delivered their food tray. the older patients would talk to me more than the younger people would. i liked some of my coworkers
Fun place to work.
RN/ addiction rcovery (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 19, 2013
Was first experience in mental health. Learned a lot about different people. Completed intake and discharge of patients and daily care.
I enjoyed working at Proctor Hospital.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisSeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at Proctor started at 6am. I would have my phlebotomy tray ready from the day before, stocked with supplies. As soon as I enter the lab in the morning I have a draw list of inpatients ready for me.
After receiving blood specimens from patients inside the hospital, I receive the blood through a program called Sunquest on the computer. I then match the patients barcode with the label to document that it is the right patient. I document what time, date, and what blood tests were to be run on the patients.
Once I take the specimens back to the lab I usually have more draws from the techs to collect. These are blood draws that the lab techs could not obtain on their own. I return to floors and collect the blood.
Every hour I pull a draw list for each floor in the hospital, and I collect the blood at time the test needs to be done, I also run the outpatient lab as well as receiving blood from inpatients.
Proctor Laboratory is very busy. I have been there for more than four years, I currently only work PRN position. I was offered a full time position, but Proctor has been on a raise freeze for the last three years. When I work dayshift it only pays 10 an hour. I am a mother of two and cannot afford to work there for that. I also feel I am worth more than that. I am a very hard worker, and I am also good at what I do, I take my job very seriously. I always stay professional.
Pros
i have been there a while, and i know their computer system well.
Cons
not enough pay or benefits
Excellent for Employees with Familes
Registered Nurse, Recovery Room (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 3, 2013
I love the employee daycare at Proctor. Proctor is also very willing to work around school, and family life.
Pros
daycare
A typical day
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 29, 2013
When I arrive at work the first thing I do is log overnight messages from the phone. I then call back any patients, attorneys, insurance companies, etc. I help with any needs or concerns one may have. If a fax is requested, I log into a patients account and copy the requested documents and fax. I adjust patient accounts. This consists of adding or removing contractuals or discounts. I also take payments from patients which may be over the phone or in person. Email is another way patients contact me for assistance. Therefore, I check my email often, answering any questions a patient may have. There are many requests mailed into the office. I gather any needed information and send or fax this to the location desired. If there is no HIPAA form on file, I will call to have this sent so I may release the requested information. There are other duties I may do as they are requested by my supervisor.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
short lunch break
Ha
Surgical Dept. (Current Employee) –  AllFebruary 8, 2013
Seems like a great and organized hospital. Friendly staff. But Manageent is unorganized, and inproficient. Nicest way to put it, simply, I wouldnt take my dog there if it wa a life or death situation. He would have a better chance of living by not going.
Pros
discounted lunch, what little they have at least
Cons
everything, food, management, work enviroment, everything is horrible.
My most unfavorable place I've ever worked.
Staff Technologist Nuclear Medicine (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 23, 2013
I felt invisible like nobody cared about me or my job. The management was very unapproachable. Even the Radiologist would cringe when you showed up at there door with a Nuclear Medicine study to b be reviewed. I am not a negative person but this job experience almost sucked out all the love I had in me for Nuclear Medicine. I did have one co-worker I was friends with and could relate to..
Cons
zero positive reinforcement

Comment – March 12, 2013

I feel the same way...I love the medical field but this place will absorbe every ounce of compassion and love. If I had heard it once I heard it a dozen times how it "Use to be fun to work there" My question was where did the fun go? I simply felt overwhelmed and have never felt like this before.

Good colleagues, good technology, but zero prospects for meaningful promotion
Network & Data Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 18, 2012
A good team of mutually supportive, genuinely caring people. However, managers are inflexible and dependent on incumbent vendors, and the small size of the organization means there's no way to get promoted.
Wonderful work environment
Patient Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 29, 2012
Ideal career. Benefits were amazing. Childcare on site. Dealing with customers/patients and their billing difficulties is sometimes challenging but rewarding all the same.
Caring, Compasionate Co-Workers with Sincere concern for Patients
Hospital Registrar (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 25, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of comeing to work on time to relieve the Registrar in the ED. After loging into the computer you communicate with your co-worker (breifing) about who the ED Doctor is for the shift, how the day has been, if there is anyone that needs to be registred that she might not have gotten to. Find out if everyone has provided the all the proper info such as: Photo Id's, and Insurance Cards and/or signatures. You ask If there are any WC cases or MVA, if we have all the employment info and/or police reports. All this information you get before your co worker leaves and you start your shift.
Pros
if you're a people person (and i am) you will have much interaction with them.
Cons
if busy you might not get breaks.

Comment – March 27, 2013

I worked for Proctor for a little over 2 years. I started off in the ED Registrar position and quickly found out that you do not matter. I rarely received a break for an 8 sometimes 10 hour shift. If your replacement for the day was late or didn't show up you had to stay even if that means your replacement isn't until the next morning. You call the manager and are basically told 'sorry you will have to stay there until I can find someone to cover'. So your 8 hour shift turns into 12 or 18 (without a break).