PROCTOR Employee Reviews in United States

repetitive
lead welder/trailer repair (Former Employee) –  Corcoran, CAJuly 11, 2016
repair the trucks as they come in. do a lot of welding and repairing the trailers. usually don't have the parts and have to wait for them. owner is tight on his money. but wants them fixed right away without parts. you are mostly working alone with a partner on the other end. the mechanics like to play around a lot which I did not like and most are related and protected each other. I was the only white man and they were always making it hard trying to get me to quit.
Pros
pretty much on your own
Cons
expensive insurance, little raises or incentives
proctor
Office of Measurement and Evaluation Teaching (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2016
Nice work at the university. Can't have a soft voice tho, because then the students can't hear you. Modest money, and you have to walk around campus.
Nice workers, management was OK as well.
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 17, 2016
Working at Proctor U was an alright experience. After working at some other jobs after working there, I have noticed that they have a lot of flaws. But I do understand they are a new company, only 6 years old and has a lot of room for growth. I was let go due to constant changes in expectations they were asking for. With the constant increase in expectations they were asking for more and more and got to the point where employees couldn't keep up with what they were asking for. Sadly management got more and more strict to where the employees were constantly being watched and micromanaged. Would I work for this company again, I would like to, but not as a proctor.
Pros
Good environment and employees
Cons
strict rules and being micromanaged.
Got to learn about the US education system in detail
Director of Student Services, student's (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I was thankful to my director for appointing me in the very 1st semester. At first I use to get confuse as proctoring along with the US education system was new to me but as the time passed I got use to it. It is amazing working as a proctor as I get to learn something new everyday about US education system.
NRA Servsafe Instructor/Proctor
NRA Servsafe Instructor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 28, 2015
I was hired to teach students a specific course study.At this time there is really nothing to say about this since it is a contract hire position whenever I am asked to teach the class as an independent contractor.
Stressful, long hours, no personal life
Office Manager/Admin Assist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 11, 2015
Underpaid, long hours, couldn't take vacation 7 months out of the year. No room to grow. Absent partner. Too much politics.
Pros
Local
Cons
Long hours, stressful during tax season, which was 7 months out of a year.
Good Company
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Lancaster,SCJuly 7, 2015
shipping and receiving, help to locate items and bring items to workers using forklift or hand jack. Used Lock Out, Tag Out procedures for the safety of the workers and used all safety procedures to ensure a safe work zone. Worked rotating shifts for 12 hours.. rotated from night and day shift.
Pros
rotating shifts
Cons
Seasonal Assisgnment
ehh
ProctorU (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 4, 2015
Not really room for growth takes forever to even get to help desk. And you a literally just a proctor and you get blamed for all issues, less props for things you do right.
Pros
cool break room
Cons
short shifts.
fun work place friendly coworkers
Monitor student (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJune 24, 2015
working with kids is rewarding an fun if the pay matched the job this would be perfect but their is not enough hours an it pays only once a month
Pros
working with kids fun envionment
Cons
short hours not enough money
Proctoring
TEST ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  GREENVILLE, NCMarch 26, 2015
Ensuring candidates are checked in properly. Monitoring them while they are taking their exams is definitely a typical day. I love my co-workers, I've been working with them for almost five years and they are more like family. The hardest part of the job is turning someone away because they don't have the proper credentials, mainly because their reaction but we have to maintain and follow the policy and procedures of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a client hugs you and thanks you because you eased their nerves and the looks on their faces when they have passed their exams.
Good job for a college kid
Volunteer, Various Political Campaigns (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoFebruary 22, 2015
The job had good hours for a college student. I also learned many useful skills at that job such as different specialized computer programs, etc.
Pros
good skills to learn
Solid Job
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 4, 2014
This is a fine job at a quickly growing company.

The job involves knowledge of computer systems and ability to troubleshoot problems.

It is a fast-paced job that involves attention to detail and customer service as well.
Great place to grow as an ethical worker.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 7, 2014
A typical day included routine office runs, scheduling and projects. I learned the value of team work within dynamic work environments which included a variety of personalities and ethnicities. I learned some core management skills from my supervisor. Working along co-workers was an opportunity to learn leadership skills since I was a the senior student worker in the department. The hardest part of the job would only be that I could not attend some campus events or join some organizations because they were scheduled during my work schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job was how much I grew and learned as person along with obtaining work ethics in an organization.
Pros
growth and experience
Cons
difficult to network and join college organizations
Sense of Community, Advancement and Learning Experiences
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2014
I Proctor and ensure test security for university exams on a monthly basis including the Millers Analogy Test, CLEP, Praxis, GRE, MPRE, I-ACT, DSST, and the CFA. I also perform office and secretarial duties such as attendance reports, spreadsheets, and exam records; which are used as annual reports for the office. In addition, I execute special projects and assignments such as training new employees, keeping records of accounts payable, and planning of events. I utilize a Scantron machine to grade university examinations while assisting university professors by explaining different grading reports for exams such as student’s grade analysis and grade statistics, resulting in professor’s satisfaction. Performed office and secretarial duties such as attendance reports and assisted with the Annual Report of the Department. Demonstrated a cooperative and friendly attitude at all times while maintaining the highest level of client care.
Completed special projects and assignments such as training new employees and keeping client billing. Contributed in campus events by designing advertisements for the Counseling Center services and working at welcoming tables.
Pros
flexible around my college courses.
Cons
can only be employeed as long as i am a student here at cleveland state university.
A work environment where I was able to grow and add to the progess and productivity of the department.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2014
I am one of several proctors and assistants of testing supervisors conducting national exams held at Cleveland State University. As a proctor, I registered testing candidates and ensured that security and confidentiality were maintained throughout the entire testing experience. Materials are distributed to candidates who are also assisted with any questions that are permitted to be answered. This job was a promotion or addition to being a Student Assistant (main job title). I have worked loyally with the same department for a little over 5 years now. I am a student assistant who has worked with Cleveland State University's Counseling Center. After about two year, I was promoted to work at the Testing Center (a sister department). At the Testing Department, I was promoted to become a Proctor for national exam held on the weekends at Cleveland State University. I have trained 14 new employees overall. I have grown to take initiative and work very closely with our departments head administrator. I learned that growth can be obtained every day if one applies themselves. I enjoy progressing and never cease to research, learn or discover new strategies or procedures to ensure our department continue to flourish and gain success. I enjoy working hard and seeing others progress as well.
Pros
there is an addition pay we recieve for proctoring any exam.
Cons
there were no disadvantages in being a proctor.
Really cool analog clock that was secretly a camera, it helped me to do my job easier
writer (Current Employee) –  wichita,KSNovember 24, 2013
a typical day at work consisted of interacting with my co-workers and meeting some very important people everyday. These very important people may be people you see every day such as firemen, police officers, or mail men.
Pros
good hours, great pay
Cons
temporary
Best Workplace
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 23, 2013
Great management, great co-workers. Very family oriented. Diverse clients.
fun place to work
Maintainance (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 5, 2013
I did all of the scrubbing and cleaning of the facility. and also ran machines
Family envirment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, NCNovember 4, 2013
More like a family envirment then a business. Very relaxed yet profesional.
Cons
owner a mico manager, causes a very stressful envirment.
Fun work place, when management changed it became a strict poor enviornment
Proctor/Phones (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be working with about 25 students a day, getting them into their exam, making sure their computer is working efficiently, and then making sure their exam is completed okay. We document everything so that their school is able to view the notes. I learned a lot about communication skills, people, and working with computers. Management was great when I started, but ended really poorly. I loved my co workers they were for the most part all great people. The hardest part of my job was probably working with the computers or with people that were very unfriendly. I think the most enjoyable part would be fixing something for the student, or them telling me great things that made me like my job.
Pros
new knowledge, okay pay
Cons
managers, enviornment

4.2