PROCTOR Employee Reviews

Great people to work for an with.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Proctor, MNSeptember 15, 2017
We work together as a team.It is tough going to work on those cold dark mornings,but its our job to get the kids to and from school.Best part of the whole day is knowing you got everyone home safely...
Pros
Good people
Cons
Cold winter weather..
Proctor Life
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2017
Being a Proctor is a relaxed ,but very systematic. Must be able to read , facilitate and follow all rules that are giving during training . Must be good at documenting and reporting any thing that does not follow the rules and regulations.
Pros
Easy Money. Create your own schedule
Cons
Not a full-time job
Clean, pleasant environment
TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 2, 2017
This was at the VC Summer Nuclear Facility. Understandably the security is very very tight. The use of "Bio-Metrics" of several types are used for access. Not much time for lunch.

Good people to work with.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Long drive through country roads in the dark to Jenkinsville.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Andover, NHJuly 11, 2017
I was part time during the summer for housekeeping. My only complaint would be very early hours, had to be there from 3 am-11am so you had the rest of the day. You were fine as long as you got the job done in a timely manner. You can just keep to yourself and listen to your music while vacuuming a boys dorm that smelled of easy mac and feet. You also got a free lunch or breakfast in the dining hall!
Pros
free lunch or breakfast, not a super high maintenance job
Cons
early hours, gross students
Great job with opportunities for school on the side
Server (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 27, 2017
Great job! The work environment is incredible and the management is amazing and they really care about you and your needs. They are willing to work with school schedules and they understand that that comes first.
Productive and fun
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 28, 2017
I would rate this company a five star , interesting place to work. Room for improvement, diverse team members that promote culture and work ethics. It is phenomenal
Pros
flexibility
Cons
health care
Testing
Hall Monitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2017
Working at this company was very interesting learning how to prepare and give out testing materials and enjoyed to make sure no cheaters was allowed in testing areas and monitor hallways
Wichita Area Technical College - Adjunct Instructor/Proctor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2017
Instructed Adults in core classes, Blueprint reading, Precision Instruments, Shop Math leading to an Aerostructures Certificate.
Started off day with Attendance, Lectures Lesson Assignments, and Hands on in the lab. I was getting my students workforce ready. I loved watching they come into my class raw. Leaving ready with a guarantied job interview.
Fun place to work and be around teenagers.
Test Proctor (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CADecember 14, 2016
A typical day is 20 anxious teenagers wanting to hurry up and take a 5 hour test. I've learned to go with the flow of the kids and try to make the time pass by as quickly as possible. The hardest part of my job is to catch a student not following the rules and having to dismiss them. The most enjoyable part is watching all there faces when I tell them they have finished the test and are dismissed to go home they are so happy that they are done and what an accomplishment!
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
5 hour workday
Great place for me
Proctoru (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 4, 2016
I really enjoy the time I spend here the people are really nice and the management seems like they know what they are doing. The people are really fun and positive.
Good place for supplemental income
Proctor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
This job is flexible. It fits around your schedule. At times, it could be better organized, with better communication to staff. They could also offer more work to those looking for it.
repetitive
lead welder/trailer repair (Former Employee) –  Corcoran, CAJuly 11, 2016
repair the trucks as they come in. do a lot of welding and repairing the trailers. usually don't have the parts and have to wait for them. owner is tight on his money. but wants them fixed right away without parts. you are mostly working alone with a partner on the other end. the mechanics like to play around a lot which I did not like and most are related and protected each other. I was the only white man and they were always making it hard trying to get me to quit.
Pros
pretty much on your own
Cons
expensive insurance, little raises or incentives
proctor
Office of Measurement and Evaluation Teaching (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2016
Nice work at the university. Can't have a soft voice tho, because then the students can't hear you. Modest money, and you have to walk around campus.
Nice workers, management was OK as well.
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 17, 2016
Working at Proctor U was an alright experience. After working at some other jobs after working there, I have noticed that they have a lot of flaws. But I do understand they are a new company, only 6 years old and has a lot of room for growth. I was let go due to constant changes in expectations they were asking for. With the constant increase in expectations they were asking for more and more and got to the point where employees couldn't keep up with what they were asking for. Sadly management got more and more strict to where the employees were constantly being watched and micromanaged. Would I work for this company again, I would like to, but not as a proctor.
Pros
Good environment and employees
Cons
strict rules and being micromanaged.
Got to learn about the US education system in detail
Director of Student Services, student's (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I was thankful to my director for appointing me in the very 1st semester. At first I use to get confuse as proctoring along with the US education system was new to me but as the time passed I got use to it. It is amazing working as a proctor as I get to learn something new everyday about US education system.
NRA Servsafe Instructor/Proctor
NRA Servsafe Instructor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 28, 2015
I was hired to teach students a specific course study.At this time there is really nothing to say about this since it is a contract hire position whenever I am asked to teach the class as an independent contractor.
Stressful, long hours, no personal life
Office Manager/Admin Assist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 11, 2015
Underpaid, long hours, couldn't take vacation 7 months out of the year. No room to grow. Absent partner. Too much politics.
Pros
Local
Cons
Long hours, stressful during tax season, which was 7 months out of a year.
Good Company
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Lancaster,SCJuly 7, 2015
shipping and receiving, help to locate items and bring items to workers using forklift or hand jack. Used Lock Out, Tag Out procedures for the safety of the workers and used all safety procedures to ensure a safe work zone. Worked rotating shifts for 12 hours.. rotated from night and day shift.
Pros
rotating shifts
Cons
Seasonal Assisgnment
ehh
ProctorU (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 4, 2015
Not really room for growth takes forever to even get to help desk. And you a literally just a proctor and you get blamed for all issues, less props for things you do right.
Pros
cool break room
Cons
short shifts.
fun work place friendly coworkers
Monitor student (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJune 24, 2015
working with kids is rewarding an fun if the pay matched the job this would be perfect but their is not enough hours an it pays only once a month
Pros
working with kids fun envionment
Cons
short hours not enough money