ProDrivers

ProDrivers United States Employee Reviews

so far, so good
flatbed driver with moffett (Current Employee), phoenix, azMarch 1, 2015
Pros: pleasant and accommodating staff at phoenix, az. tons of overtime where i'm at.
Cons: no real heath coverage.
I've been with the Phoenix branch now for 6 months. The girls are great and very accommodating. I had a couple of bad deals but it didn't have anything to do with this company, it was who I was placed with! Fortunately it was worked through easily. Sometimes you have to go through a couple of different placements til you find the right spot. I'm currently placed with a company that has a great work ethic, doesn't pay much, but has lots of overtime. I will say, at first I didn't know how it was going to go down working for this company, but the people at my branch are fantastic. They can be fun and pleasant, but all business too. The place I work is a lumber yard delivering prefab homes. The guys at this business are top notch and I look forward to going there everyday. There are 2 other prodriver guys there and they enjoy it too! (That's right girls, we compare notes) :-) If your in Phoenix area looking for work, I would suggest giving them a try. It won't hurt, and I'm about as picky as it gets work wise. I don't take just anything. If I don't like it, I won't even show up. Just make sure you tell then what you're looking for. No one is forced to do anything they don't want. Good luck!
OK PLACE
DRIVER (Former Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 25, 2015
OK PLACE I WAS LOOKING FOR MORE HOURS
WORK CULTURE WAS FINE
FINISHED MY ROUTE EFFECTIVELY
MASTERED ROUTE OPTIMIZATION WORKING HERE
Was put to work right away
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: there were days when there wasn't any jobs available
It was usually different companies every day. I did stay at one company for a few weeks but that ended so contacted ProDrivers again and am currently waiting for another job.
Abusive management, bonus tied to P&L, bullying, drama
Sales Manager (Former Employee), baltimore, mdDecember 28, 2014
Pros: management never shows up..they won't show their face to customers
Cons: pay is horrible
Please do yourself a favor and avoid ProDrivers if you are looking for a branch manager position or want to be a recruiter. I was shocked every day at the unprofessional way that management treated the employees when asking questions on day to day operations. The operations management team has no idea how to do anything in a branch and we never had a visit from him. He held over the phone meetings where he preached to us like we were in church and told the same stories over and over again but yet if we asked him a question on any procedures he would not reply. If we said we didn't know how to do something we would be attacked by his management team in Memphis. The management team in Memphis was horrible to deal with a ran off most of the business that we managed to sign up.
Unprofessional, lie about compensation, bully coworkers, and hire drivers that have no business being on the road.
OVER THE PHONE DISPATCH
DRIVER (Former Employee), MORRISVILLE NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: turn down dispatch
Cons: upset if you dont take dispatch
TEMP DRIVING ASSIGNMENTS,COULD PICK AND CHOOSE WORK, NOT ALL WORK IS LOCAL,PAY NOT THAT GREAT
horrible toxic environment
former driver (Former Employee), tulsaNovember 26, 2014
Cons: they lie, cheat and steal
It is a paycheck, also a place to lose your commercial license. Run from these people as fast as you can. I got hurt there and was treated like a criminal. Had to sue them to get my surgery from injury
well rounded
Driver (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2014
Pros: decent jobs
Cons: communication
good co. fast to get you working. could use some work on communications with workers they place.
The Truth!
truck Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City,OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: temporay
Cons: management, dishonest people, will try their best to destroy you just to get even if you dont want a certain job they offer.
I applied, simply applied. The location Oklahoma Branch. I was offered a job at the Calumet location. What I was told was incorrect, I knew this so I brought it to another office employees attention. I only done this due to the fact I already had knowledge of this job. I asked not to be placed on this job due to the conditions. They were absolutely p!ssed off that I didn't want that particular job. The office employee I spoke with about the problem went straight and told the lady I said something about the situation. I was hired and fired in a matter of 30 mins, and had done nothing wrong. These women are to caught up in showing who's boss, when they should be concerned about business. This happened almost 2 years ago. Recently a company asked me to go to Prodrivers and they would request me. They almost lost a contract, barely hanging on with there client TransForce is in there now. When I called and asked them to consider hiring me, even apologized for what evere the problem might have been . there reply was we cant move forward this. Even when the customer requested. LOL its time to grow up ladies and quit acting like children, business is more important than your make-up!
Its a place where I report my activities when possible
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Florence, KYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: its a job
Go to work get in truck go to customer drop and hook go back to home terminal
Toxic Environment for Drivers
Driver (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: received check on time
Cons: most assignments pay $14 per hr., dispatchers are rude, disrespectful and vengeful. won't honor their promises.
I am advising Drivers to steer clear of this place. Upon entering the office, things seem fine. Trust me Drivers, things are not fine to say the least! Initially, Pro Drivers will put on a good face to get you to drive for them. You will experience nothing but problems with Dispatch. They will lie, deny and be nasty with you if you don't accept every assignment they offer (no matter how low the pay). Dispatcher holds grudges and therefore stop giving you work! Tell you there aren't assignments available when they really are available. I've met more than a few drivers that have experienced the same treatment. This place is not worth the time or frustration.
great place to work
Commercial Truck Driver and Warehouse Loader (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: not many
Truck Driving Temp Agency with great people good jobs. I only went two weeks without work but I also have a class B license.
Good place to work if single they don`t return phone calls
tractor trailer driver (Former Employee), North Olmstead OhioSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: started good with good pay
Cons: they screw you over in the end
Started as a good place to work for even as a temp but they feed you lies to stick it out by promising you a permanent job that does not exist and then they treat like dirt after .Management lets you hear what you want to hear but then don`t act like you exist at all a normal day is your driving a truck sitting on you bum making money.
Office worker
Driver Relations Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: working with knowable people in the logistics and transportation
Cons: low wages, no job security
In a typically work day was very enjoyable, I have never work in a office envirnoment where you like going to work everyday. People are nice professional, down to Earth, Easy going, and very helpful with a caring atitude. I have learned alot on how to handle drivers problems, clients issues, and utilize my computer knowledge with personnel appreciating my work and knowledge. Management was a good place to work with, they had a caring attitude along with a open door policy which they utilize very well which gave driver and other emplyee a sense of being their when help was needed.The co-workers help each other out in a teamwork effort with no regard of work load and sense of your job you do it attiude.Everyone's work naturally has a load to do but ,if you need help no problem attiude is always present. The hardest part of this job was to make sure that all drivers were on a work assignment provided that the client had work for them And the sense that no security of your job was present. If theirs is little no no profit or revenue, you can lose your job as fast as you go it. .And the most enjoyable part was the sense that they relied on your presense and appreciation of your work was a great modivation to go to work daily.
contract driver
Contractor Driver (Current Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 11, 2014
Everyday at work is different. I love the challenge when driving different trucks. Ive learned the importance on fuel an maintaining accounts with company. all around the jobs are creative an fun the people are awesome.
Trainer and Opening Team Specialist
Opening Team Specialist / National Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas TexasFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great managment, busy all the time, loved the job
Cons: perhaps the only con was i traveled so much that i didnt have much of a home life.
I worked for ProDrivers for 10 years. I started out as a Recruiter and advanced to Opening Team Specialist.. There was no typical day because in transportation every day, every telephone call presents a challenge. I learned everything I know today about DOT Compliance, Drivers, and dispatch. I had no transportation experience when I went to work. I hit the ground running and learned so much. The management team were exceptional. They believed in promoting from within. They gave us the tools be be successful. I worked with so many people and all the employees were on the same team. We challenged each other and celebrated each other success.

The job was not hard for me, towards the end the travel schedule got more hectic. I was on a plane every Monday and came home on Friday for the last year.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my interaction with drivers, staff, and customers..
Promise you the the world till they get you hired.
Driver (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: home time
Cons: they do not keep there word
Promised a temp to hire job.... didn,t deliver.
Manager screens her calls.
Seldom get call backs.
Manager has her favorites. They work 40hrs plus.
management , "women incharge are hot" , nice , and outgoing.
truck driver (Current Employee), phoenix ,azJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: days off
Cons: the pay!
Work is o.k. .... U get days off whenever u want and the women incharge are nice. The pay sucks but benefits i guess are good?
straight truck driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: they will find work for you
Cons: could pay better.
They will keep you working at a job site. or find you one that you will like.
good company to work for.
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: on call driver job.
driving a local truck taking mattresses to a warehouse and helping them to unload.
Ok Temp place salary low with respect to benefits
Driver (Former Employee), (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ilNovember 10, 2013
Pros: temp- with in a few days you can be working somewhere, home daily
Cons: not dispatched locally every customer is different so wages are different
Benefits are costly with respect to hourly wage. With the high cost of benefits needs to be higher wages to off set the cost. Medical is way to high. Culture/value its a balancing game that they play.
Advancement once a driver that's all you will be.
Management tries hard to please, customer/drivers, but if you have a issue, sometimes its hard to get it corrected.
If you have a stable assignment they are Ok , not so good otherwise. I was misinformed about pay and assignments many times. Dispatch is not correct, they do not have the right people
for the right job, (driver and dispatchers) they do not work in the field, they are clueless to the assignment, its left up to the driver.
Training is little to nothing, driver has to keep after them.

About ProDrivers

We understand the truck driving world and the challenges faced by professional drivers. That's why we have designed our company – Read more

ProDrivers Salaries