An industry leading grower/shipper/packer seeks a Retail Sales Manager to establish program sales opportunities for vegetable commodities on an F.O.B. basis. Sales management and business development expertise with retail chain stores is required.
Strong commodity knowledge within the vegetable categories is needed. The position is located in the Southern California region. Relocation is available, and the compensation package is very competitive.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Sales management with retail grocery chains is required
- Business development for new accounts, including prospecting and sourcing new customer leads and keeping current with changes in the Produce Industry in order to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B orders.
- Maintaining consistent communication with all customers to manage market conditions, pricing, and quality components.
- Working with executive leadership and managing sales team on pricing and inventory to meet daily and seasonal sales expectations.
- Strong ability to multi-task and conduct business in a fast-paced environment.
Additional Desired Experience Includes:
- 5 – 10 years of produce sales management experience.
- Strong produce background and knowledge of vegetable categories.
- Documented history of business development success.
- Ability to bring established book of business
- Working within various market conditions, supply availability, and quality levels.
- Working closely with Inspection/ QA / QC personnel, cold storage & facilities personnel, logistics and shipping.
- Excellent leadership traits.
- Previous experience leading a sales team.
- Experience with Famous desired. Experience with retail programs such as iTrade and Foodlink a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- College degree (B.A. /B.S.) in related fields of study desired, or relevant experience in the produce industry.
Produce Careers is committed to being the first choice for top talent in the food, produce and wine industries.
Our people are outstanding...