Are you an experienced packaging engineer with a BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering or other Technical discipline? Do you have a broad working knowledge of commercial packaging equipment with approximately 10 years of experience and have started to think about your next career move? Do you understand, and have experience with, packaging development, packaging equipment installation, validation and equipment/packaging project start ups? Does the idea of collaboratively analyzing and evaluating packaging operations and recommending changes in package design, systems, equipment and procedures challenge you? Do you pursue an analytical approach to the development of packaging systems design including equipment layouts, determination of relative machine speeds, accumulation/buffer sizing, case handling systems and palletizing equipment? Are you a goal oriented individual with excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills?
If this describes you and you possess a thorough and up-to-date understanding of packaging, packaging manufacturing processes and packaging equipment and have the passion for seeking opportunities for innovation and exploring new technologies, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Responsibilities of the position
- Serve as Packaging Equipment expert and resource for internal and external client project teams
- Conduct plant tours and packaging equipment assessments including understanding existing operational equipment limitations and developing solid technical solutions to eliminate manufacturing road blocks
- Evaluate Equipment / System Performance criteria
- Conduct manufacturing cost assessments of packaging concept designs
- Determine system requirement success criteria and recommend packaging equipment that meets the best cost, schedule, and performance needs
- Understand advances in packaging technology and readiness for commercialization and collaborate during the early stage of concept design and development to drive design for manufacturability
- Evaluate packaging and concept designs for feasibility of manufacture
- Create preliminary Capital / Expense Estimates
- Identify of packaging equipment alternatives, understand implementation pre-requisites, risks, and opportunities
- Keep current with latest packaging technology and commercial applications.
- Keep current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to packaging equipment system design and operation.
- Research new material and packaging equipment developments
- Search for emerging packaging technologies and innovative packaging and participate in technology audits to meet project objectives
- Identify and meet with suppliers of new technologies, materials and equipment
This is an exciting time a Product Ventures. We continue to expand our capabilities to drive innovation and growth. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. www.productventures.com