PROFESSIONAL CASE MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Amazing Place to Work
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2016
PCM is an amazing place to work. Employees at every level of the organization are truly passionate about the work we do for our clients and are fully committed to helping the organization maintain is its longstanding reputation of being the nation’s premier homecare provider for former nuclear weapons workers, miners, millers and haulers. The level of support and encouragement from company leadership is unparalleled, and the company culture is one of teamwork, collaboration and fun. I would highly recommend PCM to any prospective employee.
Good Experience- RN
RN- Certified Mobile Research Nurse- home visits (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2016
Not sure what all the bad reviews are about. I've been doing PRN clinical trial visits with this company for 3 years. It's an awesome way to supplement income and flexible schedule. You basically work around your current schedule and pick what studies/cases you want to work. Great pay, travel and mileage reimbursement. If I could do this full time I would but it's just not guaranteed full time hours as the clinical trial studies only last so long. But for part time/PRN work it is the best you will find.
Pros
Great Pay, reliable pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Not full time work
Does not value their nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2016
I was removed from a case without any notification-they simply said they found a nurse who worked closer. Will sometimes pay employees late and have errors on their paychecks. No opportunities for advancement. They pretty much use you up, offer no decent benefits or paid time off. Find somewhere else to work!
Good pay. Not a good work/life balance.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 12, 2016
Good pay. Difficult to receive benefits due to unstable hours. Hours vary according to your clients and clients passing. Management can be very difficult and there is minimal training; It is taken out on you if there is a mistake.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits/management
this company made the patient anything BUT the focus of nursing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 14, 2016
This company is not honest, nor do they value nurses. The only worry is about money and how much can nurses make the corporate higher-ups. Scheduling was a nightmare, communication was awful and payroll was filled with grumpy people who made numerous errors. My recommendation is to continue your job search--as a nurse, you are worth so much more. This is the only home care company I have heard of who detests nurses and requires the nurses report to people who aren't clinical. I often wondered how the company can get away without having EMR. Paper charting and completely geared toward what nurses are "trained to document" vs what nurses should document as learned as best practice.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no breaks; no respect
Like being disrespected? This is your company!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2016
This company is just horrible. Especially the scheduler for the New Mexico area. If there is a problem she ignores your phone calls and emails. Every individual I have spoken to has been disrespectful. However, be aware: during the hiring process they will make you feel like royalty but once you are on an assignment that all changes. Do yourself a favour and move on. This company is not worth your time.
Pay Attention to the bad reviews - they are correct
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 24, 2016
They beg you to quit your current employee without notice - so you can start making the big bucks with them. So you burn bridges with your old employer then start your new assignment - you realize right away it's only a scam company that milks money from the government. They place nurses with patients that require no patient care, but you clean their homes. Nurses are placed in unsafe areas - given long daily commutes to jobs in dangerous areas - scheduling is a joke - they do not answer your emails or calls unless they want you to work another shift - even when you pick up every shift offered - they do not appreciate you at all. Some nurses are getting 60 hours a week and others get 12. Every nurse I worked with was depressed and anxious. You do anything the scheduler asks you to do - to get hours. Eventually you give up and find another job. Some of case managers are great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Scheduling, not enough hours, horrendous communication from scheduling, unfair scheduling - some nurses get lots of hours - others very few hours.
great place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 17, 2016
Love the clients, opportunity to get close to your clients because you work one on one. Great nursing staff and managers. Best home health around.
Pros
great hours
Cons
too Much driving
Great Service offer to our patients
Home Health CNA (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2016
This company works with the Department of Labor for individuals who previously worked with uranium and / or at nuclear power plants. This service is of no cost to patients,
Employees are mostly hard working and caring individuals.
This company does not offer mileage reimbursement for CNA's. This is offensive as they do offer mileage reimbursement for all other employees.
They offer no advancement for CNA's.
When your patient passes away, so does your hours and benefits until another patient becomes available.
Pros
Great service to our patients who served our country
Cons
No job stability
Good work/life balance
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2016
Good company. Not enough clients in the Kansas/Missouri Area. Lots of recruitment to go out of state. Good hours and days when available.
Pros
Nursing autonomy.
Cons
Not enough visits with clients in Kansas/Missouri area.
Good job to have if you're tired of nursing homes
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2015
The company is pretty good about yearly training.The head staffing coordinator is pretty good with keeping you with a good assignment. But, there are a couple of staffers that have bad attitudes! Really, only one in particular! The pay is excellent and as long as you inform the staffing department ahead of time you can take off when you need to.
Pros
pay, no hassle about needing time off
Cons
not enough assignments
Good hours and patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2016
Liked working for this company, but company was taking care of uranium miners and they died quickly. Not too many patients in UT and traveled to New Mexico. I liked the travel, but did not get much time off to come home.
Pros
Plenty of hours to work.
Cons
Working away from home with not much time off for travel to home.
Thankful to be part of the Professional Case Management (PCM) Family
Regional Outreach Coordinater/Sales (Current Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 29, 2016
Hired in December 2014.

Senior Management Team members are always available and willing to listen and give support.

I find the company to be extremely generous to their employees.
Pros
Flexability; the people I work with; our clients;
Great pay
Case Manager/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 2, 2016
No benefits but great pay and extreme flexibility. I love this company! Management has always been great and I've never had any problems. Only downfall is patients are very ill,and often pass away. You must be ok with having hospice patients at this job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security
N/a
Human Resources Coordinator/ Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2016
I was with this company for just over a year. It was great. I was able to get my feet wet working in HR and I was able to learn a lot more of the back work.
Worst upper management ever
Rn (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNFebruary 17, 2016
Ridiculous bunch of people,babbling back stabbed for no reason,had a friend taken off a case for no reason.Just to much drama.clients taken advantage of and rn does nothing.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Great pay!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 18, 2015
Arrive at assigned patients home. Obtain Vital Signs, Assist with meal prep, activities of daily living, light housekeeping, medicine reminders, bathing, transporting to and from doctors appointments. This can be a great company to work for. There are a lot of pro's and some con's to this line of work. The management team at pcm is good. With your co-workers it's going to vary depending on if you are relieving a nurse or another cna. The hardest part I would say to the job is sometimes not knowing if you will have enough hours or not. Client's pass away and sometimes it takes awhile for the company to onboard you to another client. I would say the greatest part of the job is that you get to take care of some exceptional patients. You get to see so many different walks of life. You are being invited into someone's home.
Pros
Amazing pay, Set your own schedule, Shift Diff pay is great. Sometimes offered bonuses and per diem
Cons
uncertainty of hours, enrollement for health insurance is only every 6 monts, Mileage pay isn't offered for cnas
nice pay.....when you work
Home Health Care Provider-Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ga and SCDecember 5, 2015
I worked at least 3 12 hr shifts a week for 3 years, lost patient, was removed from cases with out ANY notice or explanation, Case Managers have their "picks" nurses going to work in shorts and tanks, nurses going out to meals with spouses of their patients. Cnas having vacations paid for by patients and Some Nurses and cnas even case managers taking families to patients homes, it is overlooked for some others get terminated, Regional director COMPLETELY out of touch about the patients, schedules a visit ONCE a Year, around the same time the patients and employees are given surveys about the type of care they are receiving from the company. Nurses driving patient around in seedy parts of town... Do not complain about a patient, the case manager will remove u immediately. There is no support for the staff nurses that actually maintain the patients care. Travel pay is horrible!!!!
Pros
pay
Cons
inconsistency with work load, poor management, clique like case managers, Poor management from Denver all the way down to case managers
Tollerable for about a year
Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2016
Smaller company with all the small world woes. Communcation is a problem number 1. For as many leads and managers as they have its impressive how little people know about whats going on or who to get help/ training from. Patients best interests are not paramount. Clinical doesnt even require caregivers to be taught or signed off on clinical documentation and no quality data or patient satisfaction metrics are monitored and reported to gov. Non clinical persons whom are under trained, are in charge of scheduling and discharge planning (yikes) and they are tuff to reach after hours. The burn and churn factor is pretty bad there, anyone with a pulse that is "liked" is hired even if their backgrounds are incomplete. H.R. isnt the strongest in compencies; allowing caregivers without drivers license, license inquiries, criminal history and invalid references to be hired and allowed to care of patients. Payroll is irritable from being overworked and is often erraneous. Benefits are expensive, limited and not available to all employees. Overall not the worst job ever but not a place to make a career at. Dont quit a good job for PCM... but do what you gotta do. Along with a dying patient population which will close the business, PCM will fade away or be sold sooner than later.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Communication deficit, poorly trained employees, patient safety issues, no quality control
Don't risk it!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2016
Worked for this company over a year as a nurse. If you do what they want they treat you ok if you don't they will punish you. If your on assignment for 13 weeks your supposed to get a break every 13 weeks I was at an assignment over 6 mos and was Neeever approved for time off. So I worked with no break except for my scheduled days off. Staffing is a joke they dont return calls or emails if there is an issue with your schedule and good luck getting a schedule. I was given a set schedule only to get notified by email it was changed and when I tried to call and email to discuss this... HA! Guess what no reply at all! And case managers are power hungry bullies! HR is non existent because they don't give a care how your treated. Abusuve situation, unsafe environment ( severe) on more than one case and this was reported but not a single thing done about it!
This company only cares about the money they make not their employees! I personally know other nurses that have had same or worse things happen! If you say something or complain about anything it will backfire on you... taken off a case, sent home, talked to rudely, hours cut....!!! Save yourself the trouble and work for a company that cares about the employee not just making the all mighty dollar!!
Pros
The only one I can think of is pay
Cons
Too many to list!

2.5