Professional Employment Group Employee Reviews

Enjoyable assignments
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2017
I worked for Edward Jones as a contractor for five tax seasons from 2005-2009. The training was thorough and the atmosphere was pleasant. The training was thorough, team leaders were dedicated, physical plant was enjoyable. I worked seasonally in the Tax Hotline and found my job to be both challenging and fulfilling.
Pros
Good physical plant, dedicated managers, occasional perks
Cons
Seasonal, occasionally stressful
They are Awesome
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 10, 2017
This employer made sure they made me feel confident in taking on any role given; they make sure they tried to find you the best opportunity to excel in your career as well. Awesome company all around.
PEG is a good recruiting company.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2017
I worked at Thomson Reuters through the recruiter, PEG. The work involved was non-complex daily orders to be entered into Siebel. Reviewing current client assets to ensure accuracy. Meeting at least once a week with other team members to ensure the guidelines were being met with regards to the new billing system being developed.
Pros
Pay was comparable to work involved.
Cons
Lack of response from recruiter was a hinderance when I had a concern or issue.
Weekly pay a plus
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2016
Had some issues with communication regarding temp time of work before transition to official permanent employment offer. Seemed like client and PEG had some differences; however, ultimately my work needs changed which lead to discontinuing the relationship. Overall though the weekly pay and on Thursdays (a day early) was a huge perk and plus.
puts on a good front
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 10, 2016
I worked as a recruiter for peg, they sell you on being the best and a family atmosphere. When in reality its like going back to high school where the clique that runs it pressures management into firing people for no reason other than they dont like them. Shady business, would not recommend working for or with anyone here.
Pros
front desk person
Cons
people and management
Temporary Service
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2016
This is a typical temp service. I can't remember a lot about it. I went there to work when I decided to move out of the area until I got settled out of town.
Pros
You had your choice of jobs.
Cons
They were all temporary jobs. For me, this was fine at the time.
Keep Moving - Look Elsewhere
Temp (Former Employee) –  St. LouisMay 23, 2016
This company is very disorganized and scattered. There is a huge lack of communication between management and staff and they do not live up to the company's goals, nor motto. Review the website and you will see that they do not practice what they preach. If they loose a contract or opportunity with a client, they do not own up to it. They allow the "little guy" to take the fall while they cover their butts. Do not work with this company. The initial appearance is that they have your best interest at heart, but without giving it a second thought they disregard you and move on. And if you are looking for a place to work, or for them to find you work - DONT LOOK HERE. **HIGH TURNOVER** Maybe you should ask them why? Would not recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Initial interaction seem nice
Cons
Not as concerned about your work-family-life balance as they say
temp agency
phlebotomist/IV technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2016
this review is somewhat difficult because this company and its hard to rate the company. I placed at good companies and no complaints.
Pros
find jobs
Cons
only temp
Hiring Agency for Permanent, Temporary, and Temp-to-Hire jobs
Executive Parkway Drive, Ste (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2015
The staff is very friendly, and though I am aware that Professional Employment Group is one of the larger agencies in the St. Louis Area, I was treated as if I were an important and vital person in their operation.
There was an open dialogue with my career counselor throughout the seven months of the six-month contract I held with the employer, and I felt well cared for and that my experience with the employer was just as vital and important as the employer's rapport with Professional Employment Group.
Of course, the hardest part is the termination of the contract prior to the opportunity to apply for a full-time position with that particular employer. I was blessed however, to have extended my contract if even only by one month. Many "temp-to-hire" personnel do not make it to the point where they may apply for a permanent position with the exployer.
Pros
learning new skills on the employers' time, reasonable pay
Cons
termination of contracts without prior knowledge and the "no-fault" approach to the terminations.
Temporary Position
Mutual Funds Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 25, 2015
Temp position and was treated as a temp. Put your headphones on and do your work.Lack of communication, management not always around.
labor worker
Laborer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2015
worked 9 to 5 pm team work to get the job done, working with the coworkers The most joy was was pay day and breaks worked on the assembly line and worked a plastic factory.
Productive and efficent job placement
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2015
Job recruiters work hard at placing a client with jobs that match there skills. Recruiters care about there clients and work hand in hand with clients to provide the best service.
Terrific Company to work for.
Customer Service Representative/ Enterprise Fleet (Current Employee) –  St.Louis, MOMarch 23, 2015
Professional Employment Group is a temp agency that send their temporary worker out on assignments. I have been working with them for about two years now and it is truly a great company to work for. They first test your skill and knowledge so they know exactly what assignment is better for you and to understand what you are capable of and already know. It took them about a couple of weeks to find me employment. My recruiter checks in with me as often as needed to make sure that I am comfortable with where I am, and if I have any problems or issues,she always makes herself available to discuss my problems.
Pros
Finds me employment quick
Cons
health benefits are not that great.
You are treated with respect.
Accounts Payable - Temporary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2014
Treated with respect. Active follow up on part of staff to see how assignments are going. They have excellent clients that can challenge and help you learn a new skill.
Fantastic Place to Work
Document Control Specialist/Field Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAOctober 20, 2014
I worked for Professional Employment Group on a Construction Project for 2 years and absolutely loved it. Great group to work for fair, honest, and flexible.

Benefits were awful but that is the only bad thing I have to say.

I wish I was able to stay longer on the project but unfortunately the position I was hired for did not offer advancement.

It was more than just a paycheck it was family I looked forward to getting up and going everyday.
Pros
Fantastic Work Environment
Cons
Employee Benefits
Awful
Medicine Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MoAugust 13, 2014
It was a horrible experience. Not very professional and the work was ridiculous.
Pros
Temp lasted for a while
Cons
Did not like co-workers
Extremely great co-workers and environment
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2014
Working as a contractor at Burns & McDonnell through PEG was one of the best work experiences of my life.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No paid vacation or holidays with PEG
Enjoyed the temporary position
Accounts Receivable Processor at Hughes Customat (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2014
Worked 10 am to 3 pm daily. Enjoyed working part-time, would love full-time too. I learned a lot about mat placement, invoicing, pricing products and insurance needs. I did all the accounts receivable daily, opened all the mail and dealt with all the clients. The hardest part of the job was sending out hundreds of insurance policies once a year. It was a fun atmosphere and enjoyed all the employees. I enjoyed being able to wear comfortable clothes daily too.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No cons
Friendly atomosphere
MedAssets - Contract Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2014
Typical day was to complete assigned tasks involving customers contracts

Learned contract terminology for customers supplies and enter data in their e-catalog database

Hardest part of the job was learning their different types of databases to set up new customers or current customers for the completion of the e-catalog.

Enjoyable part of the job was the experience I received and knowing the people.
Pros
Helpful employees and attentive to your needs
Cons
was not a permanent position
Not bad
Data Entry Clerk contract employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2014
Good people, they work fast to find you placement, need to work on their communication though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Employment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Professional Employment Group Reviews by Location