PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good company to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 26, 2015
Office Assistance to the President and CFO in the main office, as well as all VPs and Supervisors in around 1000 branches across the Country.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Very little pay.
Educational and fun place to work.
Customer Service / Data Entries (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of filing clients folders, following up on emails, data entry, scheduling appointments, taking messages, faxing, making copies, and driving to clients businesses to deliver of pick up documents. I learned how to work in an office environment; I learned how to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. The manager /owner was always willing to participate with all work, motivate other co-workers to completed assignments and making sure the office was a fun place to work. Hardest part of the job was improving my typing speed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work amongst professionals and able to learn from them.
Pros
free lunch and ability to work professionals.
Cons
temporary position.
Enjoyable Call Center
Loan Allocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 9, 2014
Fast-paced environment, with creative and intelligent co-workers. In-bound call center servicing direct auto loans and assisting clients with repayment options. Helpful and caring supervisors and management with a relaxed positive working atmosphere.
Relaxed and Low Stress Environment to work in, with great advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhAugust 25, 2013
A typical day at work would be making 75-125 calls per day trying to get in contact with customers in regards to delinquent accounts. I've learned laws and regulations of collections, I've learned about bankruptcies, and also learned how to read credit applications, and now have a better understanding of what the credit bureau looks for in people to qualify them for good or bad credit. Management at this company is very knowledgeable and respectful to all people within the company, upper level management and all. We only work with 5 other people so you grow to have a close working relationship with all co-workers. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers, and knowing how to defuse a bad situation with great social skills, and customer service skills. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the consistency of hours worked during the week. Having a set schedule week in, and week out.
Pros
car allowance, monthly bonuses, and free lunch the last business day of every month
Cons
income earned
small office good people
Collections (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 15, 2013
A typical day here would be getting a collections list every morning with past due accounts from 3 to up to 18 days past due. I would cal these customers looking to make payment in full arrangements for whatever amount is due at that time.
Professional environment, the owners seem to care
Bookkeeper/Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 12, 2013
I would have my tasks as hand and would work until the tasks were completed. I had not worked in an environment where each person's jobs overlapped. The hardest part of the job was not seeing the end result. I learned valuable lessons from the senior workers.
Pros
birthday parties, free lunches, end of year party and cards.
Cons
not much time was spent on training.
Professional environment, the owners seem to care
Bookkeeper/Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 12, 2013
I would have my tasks as hand and would work until the tasks were completed. I had not worked in an environment where everyone jobs overlapped. The hardest part of the job was not seeing the end result. I learned the most from the senior workers.
Pros
birthday parties, free lunches, end of year party and cards.
Cons
training was on your own, not much time was spent on training.
Challenging, fun, productive, fast past, advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2013
Review credit applications and make good credit decisions. Collections and recovery supervisor.
Dealer relations, visit existing and potential clients
Managing other
The few things I didn't care for was the occasional long days and working on the weekends.
Pros
rewarding, great pay, credit decisions, collections, beneits
Cons
occasional long days and weekends
Staff and Management were amazing
Customer Service/Collector (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 15, 2011
PFS was a great work environment with a very personable and helpful staff and management team. I enjoyed the work itself and would have been glad to stay with the team and the company had the pay been a bit better.
Pros
great staff and management, very comfortable environemtn
Cons
salary

4.2