Professional Hospital Supply Employee Reviews in United States

Highly motivated place to work. fast paced, challenging
Order Puller, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working here. Steady hours and an early shift. Great employees that have become life long friends. Leads were appreciative and encouraging. Management had open door policy, and were easy to work with. Addressed your issues promptly.
Pros
fast paced, challenging, and stable
Cons
PHS was the best work place in Temecula.
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 26, 2016
This company was the best in Customer Service and the best in
work place culture. I am sad to see the company close. Most of the folks I worked with are gone or will be gone by years end. So sad.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Sad to see it go
Great place to work but management did not do there jobs
Supply Clerk Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 10, 2015
It was a good job but management didn't do their jobs. That's why they are no longer in business. Reason I got laid off. Learned how to inventory and use the handheld scanner and computer.
benefits
Cons
management
Advancement and Growth.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day at work is fast-paced, our work must be accurate, clean and professional. I have always learned that team-work is the utmost importance in getting a job done. Management and co-workers are the essential part of team work, it is the most basic and fundamental cornerstone of a growing business. The hardest part of the job was yesterday and the most enjoyable is the beginning of the day.
Pros
company picnic & christmas dinner
Cons
inadequate raises.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 2, 2015
Processed over 600 invoices weekly for inventory product and all expensive invoices. I supervised 7 employees within the A/P department.
The hardest part of my job was taking on the job of 3 employees when short staffed.
The most enjoyable part of my job at PHS was the relationship with my co-workers.
Pros
Working local
Cons
No breaks due to busy work days
Great Company
Hospital Supplies Technician (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 16, 2013
THis company is descent. The pay and compensation is not. I have been with this company for over 3 years. The raises are about 4% a year. Co workers are great. The job is easy if you put your mind to it. I love everything about my job I just wish I was compensated more for my experience.
Pros
parties, picnics, gifts
Cons
pay
PHS is a customer driven company!
PURCHASING INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CaliforniaAugust 13, 2013
I really enjoyed my experience at Professional Hospital Supply (PHS). Most of the people I worked with there strives for the same goal and that is total customer satisfaction. There is a diverse group of experience there and the expertise really shows!

In the position I was in I had the difficult task (ok not so difficult) of resolving discrepancies, maintaining non stock inventories, and finding solutions to complex issues. I loved what I did and really liked most of the people I worked with...although as with every company there are some bad apples.

I would have to say that the pay was on the lower end of the industry, but with this economy it is to be expected.

Most of the top managers were really great and knowledgeable in their prospective positions. I was able to work with just about every manager at PHS in my position and I must say that 90% of them, I would love the opportunity to work with them again. The other 10% unfortunately, I hope to never see them again, because they have lost sight of the company as a whole when they have allowed their personal opinions get in the way of professionalism. Unfortunately, this abuse of power is overlooked.

If given the opportunity to work with PHS again, I would. It is a great company.
Pros
great benefits, great people, customer driven, great hours
Cons
reduction in workforce, low wages
Company philosophy
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZNovember 26, 2015
The company was purchased and the new company is more about the bottom line and less about the employee.
I'm about the quality of work, safety and the customer.
The management were discriminating and unsafe.
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2014
Unless you were best friends with the boss or related, there was no chance to advance.
Pros
good pay, off weekend, great benefits and off holidays.
Cons
management
Very fun and easy work
Lead (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 27, 2013
Very easy to understand the procedures and easy to get a better position and this company
Pros
good holiday lunches
Cons
salary
Fast paced enviroment
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fife, WASeptember 9, 2015
Good place to start out for wharehouse work, no real advancment, no real reward systems,
Good learning experience, will let you learn at your own pace for all forklifts in wharehouse
Pros
Easy leads
Cons
pay
Warehouse
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 11, 2015
Great company to work for, will need to have a flexible schedule. And willing to work overtime everyday. Work holidays. Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Working weekends
It was fun working at these job and the most easy work
Picker, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 30, 2015
I love it was a perfect job for me . They were a lot of things and duties that I had to do on my own. I work alone. I love it when I had to do a big account. the hardest job was when there was no production to do was boring..
Pros
I love the annual parties
Terrible company.
warehouse stock picker (Former Employee) –  TemeculaMay 8, 2015
The lowest of the low. Don't work here!!!!! Unprofessional, bad management bad pay. Co workers are ex gangsters and convicts.
Pros
lunch was an hr. close location
Cons
management sucks. pay is 10$ an hour
PHS was my most rewarding employer
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 12, 2015
Working for PHS was amazing, fast pace work that kept me active and always on my toes. A typical day would include challenging co-workers to see who could check or pull the most line items/parts in the checking crew and pulling crew, making work more enjoyable and advancing all who took the challenge (while maintaining and obeying safety rules). I learned as much as I could and moved from one task to the next until I proved I could handle any responsibility presented in front of me. After some time with the checking crew I was able to prove my worth and was given the opportunity to be trained as a loader, loading out going trucks full of product. After only a short time my supervisor, seeing how determined I was to succeed in any task given to me gave me another responsibility of transporting product from an off site warehouse to the main distribution warehouse using a company truck and an earlier start time. This was by far my most enjoyable work experience and most rewarding employment personally and professionally,
Pros
Amazing work atmostpher and competitive co-workers made this job the highlight of my days, I couldn't wait to get to work every day.
Cons
Nonw that I could think of, great company to work for
The most awesome company I have ever known.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora COSeptember 16, 2014
Pro. Hospital Supply was an awesome company. Management was all about the employee. The opportunity for advancement was endless, turn over was low, and business was booming
Productive, Fast pace very Detailed
Office Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 15, 2012
A day at work started off at a really fast pace fom the time you clock in to the time you clock out. I would deal with high end nursing with in the hospital, making sure the recieve everything needed in there units, either by via email, direct contact or by telephone conversation.
Assist all co-worker with any matter needed. All office duties were to be complated on a daily. One thing that I enjoy was being able to work with others inside and outside my work area. I was able to meet and greet people with all my customer service skills during my day.
Pros
being able to meet and greet with other.
Cons
short breaks
I loved working for Professional Hospital Supply
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 26, 2012
Work started at 0630 and ended at 1530. Received and stocked medical supplies. I learned everything I know about warehousing working here. The management was awesome. My co-workers were more like friends and family than co-workers. Hardest part of the job was probably the extremely fast pace and intense attention to detail. The most enjoyable part was well, I loved everything about this job.
fun place to work
Selector/delivery driver (Former Employee) –  aurora,COApril 7, 2015
Selector, delivery driver, and shipping and receiving clerk.Using cherry pickers and electronic pallet jacks to pick company products sort them out and box for loading and shipping, Receiving and shipping and also driving a box truck to deliver products to hospitals.
Drunks Abound
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 6, 2013
They only promote if you party with the manager. I was not willing to go out with the manager to pick up girls because I am married and have a son. I also think a requirement to be a supervisor is to drink on the job and constantly smell like booze. I think it's a requirement to be a driver there too, because they drank on the job also. And they don't promote if you are under 30 either. At least that's the way it was at there Colorado DC. And if you are a female you will be harassed. The managers and supervisors get off on belittling the employes and using vulgar and inappropriate language. There is no such thing as private information, and if one reports their supervisor for such violations the supervisor somehow gets the right to reprimand the employee for filing a report against them. Corporate just turns a blind eye at all the harassment charges filed against their managers and supervisors. The supervisors make the employees throw out toxic and corrosive substances without proper ventilation or protective clothing. And if the employee complained they were told they were stupid and that is they did not do it or reported they would be fired. Half the racks have structural damage
and no support system for palettes over ground level.
Pros
they may close in colorado because of their poor business practices
Cons
pretty much everything

Professional Hospital Supply Reviews by Location