Professional Hospital Supply

Professional Hospital Supply United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work but management did not do there jobs
Supply Clerk Technician (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
It was a good job but management didn't do their jobs. That's why they are no longer in business. Reason I got laid off. Learned how to inventory and use the handheld scanner and computer.
fun place to work
Selector/delivery driver (Former Employee), aurora,COApril 7, 2015
Selector, delivery driver, and shipping and receiving clerk.Using cherry pickers and electronic pallet jacks to pick company products sort them out and box for loading and shipping, Receiving and shipping and also driving a box truck to deliver products to hospitals.
productive and very fun challenging position
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJanuary 9, 2015
The ability to help our customers with any need requested. By providing Supply Chain Solutions when they needed it and tailoring to meet the needs of the hospital.
Ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 8, 2015
While at Professional Hospital Supply, I enjoyed working with my co workers, and enjoyed pulling orders. I called in once during my 90 day pro period and was promptly let go because company policy. But overall it was a good experience to work there
fun environment, productive
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 13, 2014
i really enjoyed working, my first customer service job. i enjoy working with people, being around people.
The most awesome company I have ever known.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora COSeptember 16, 2014
Pro. Hospital Supply was an awesome company. Management was all about the employee. The opportunity for advancement was endless, turn over was low, and business was booming
Well organized employer and a team spirited company
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee), Temecula, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free food...that was a motivational tool that i enjoyed
Cons: some saturday/sunday worked if a recall was noted very urgent
Enjoyed working for this company, the growth was frequent. Since I worked in Regulatory Affairs there was never a dull moment. I learned a lot about the medical field in such a short period of time. I still have good relations with my old co-workers, like a family.
The management were discriminating and unsafe.
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, off weekend, great benefits and off holidays.
Cons: management
Unless you were best friends with the boss or related, there was no chance to advance.
I was laid off right after the system were compatible.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch every other fridays.
Cons: not a direct hire, a temp position.
I totally love my position there. The job only lasted for couple of months. It was a temp position and other employee on leave was return back to work.
very productive not fun
Assistant Lead/ Quality Control (Current Employee), Temecula, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: weekends
Cons: your robots
standing all day, stroked work environment the hardest part dealing with everyone .. mostly only women work in production
Good temporary work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CaliforniaJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: everyone was treated fairly
Cons: forklift maintenance was horrible. my steering wheel actual fell off.
Picked items, and put some away, everyday. Assisted with shipping when my job was completed. Some of the hired helped jeopardized the safety of other workers. Supervisors needed to be on the floor a little bit more.
Very fun and easy work
Lead (Former Employee), Temecula, CANovember 27, 2013
Pros: good holiday lunches
Cons: salary
Very easy to understand the procedures and easy to get a better position and this company
Excellent place to work. Great environment, worked together as a team.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free coffee, occasional free lunches provided, excellent working environment
Cons: start time was early for me.
Typically, I had assignments, either to modify existing programs, or, new projects to develop. Always multi-tasking, new more important matters come up, printers to reset, users with some sort of problem, either software or hardware. As we supported several hundred users, with at that time, 2 remote sites, and support of some remote hospitals, things were always coming up. I worked as a professional and was treated as such, with minimal supervision. I was simply given a task to perform and then expected to accomplish it. Most of my time would be spent writing programming code in Unibasic, with Unidata and Uniquery, a Unix operating system, of which is the main network for company users. We also had a Novell Network.

I learned to write down and record everything I was told. All daily, weekly, monthly and yearly procedures, were recorded in my notebook, which became fairly large. All procedures pages were noted in an index, of which I could very quickly reference to find what was needed. It was said of me in my reviews, 'I only need to tell Wayne how to do something once'. Some things, like resetting the main frame, or Novell network, or printers, etc, did not happen that often.

This company has it together as far as management goes. And the atmosphere they created was most acceptable and pleasant.

This job was very complex, with many varied things to do and remember. The hardest thing was to remember it all. I integrated my memory system (writing everything down and indexed) to be successful in this position.

The thing I enjoyed most was the way we in the IT department were treated, with respect as professionals. I enjoyed the interaction with the other programmers, and also all the other employees. I also enjoyed my own office with a view window.
It was a good place to work until management changed.
DRIVER (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 4, 2013
When management changed it became more of just a paycheck due to all new rules. They lost numerous employees as a result of this.
Great
Team Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2013
It was great company to work for. We would get to work one of us would bring in breakfast, then we would start the days work. There was really nothing hard about that job.
PHS is a customer driven company!
PURCHASING INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee), Temecula, CaliforniaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people, customer driven, great hours
Cons: reduction in workforce, low wages
I really enjoyed my experience at Professional Hospital Supply (PHS). Most of the people I worked with there strives for the same goal and that is total customer satisfaction. There is a diverse group of experience there and the expertise really shows!

In the position I was in I had the difficult task (ok not so difficult) of resolving discrepancies, maintaining non stock inventories, and finding solutions to complex issues. I loved what I did and really liked most of the people I worked with...although as with every company there are some bad apples.

I would have to say that the pay was on the lower end of the industry, but with this economy it is to be expected.

Most of the top managers were really great and knowledgeable in their prospective positions. I was able to work with just about every manager at PHS in my position and I must say that 90% of them, I would love the opportunity to work with them again. The other 10% unfortunately, I hope to never see them again, because they have lost sight of the company as a whole when they have allowed their personal opinions get in the way of professionalism. Unfortunately, this abuse of power is overlooked.

If given the opportunity to work with PHS again, I would. It is a great company.
Great Company
Hospital Supplies Technician (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: parties, picnics, gifts
Cons: pay
THis company is descent. The pay and compensation is not. I have been with this company for over 3 years. The raises are about 4% a year. Co workers are great. The job is easy if you put your mind to it. I love everything about my job I just wish I was compensated more for my experience.
Interesting place to work.
Distribution Lead (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: hours
I learned how to pick, pack, load and verify trucks for shipping. The hardest part of the job was not having the correct number of employees.
clean work place
Class A driver for Bay Area Route (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 25, 2013
Pros: it was clean
Cons: getting work orders that had wrong destination on them
show up early load truck go to destinations
learned to back trucks on to dock
good working team
good co workers
learning the rout
best part was the hours
Drunks Abound
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 6, 2013
Pros: they may close in colorado because of their poor business practices
Cons: pretty much everything
They only promote if you party with the manager. I was not willing to go out with the manager to pick up girls because I am married and have a son. I also think a requirement to be a supervisor is to drink on the job and constantly smell like booze. I think it's a requirement to be a driver there too, because they drank on the job also. And they don't promote if you are under 30 either. At least that's the way it was at there Colorado DC. And if you are a female you will be harassed. The managers and supervisors get off on belittling the employes and using vulgar and inappropriate language. There is no such thing as private information, and if one reports their supervisor for such violations the supervisor somehow gets the right to reprimand the employee for filing a report against them. Corporate just turns a blind eye at all the harassment charges filed against their managers and supervisors. The supervisors make the employees throw out toxic and corrosive substances without proper ventilation or protective clothing. And if the employee complained they were told they were stupid and that is they did not do it or reported they would be fired. Half the racks have structural damage
and no support system for palettes over ground level.