Professional Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy

Professional Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYAugust 31, 2017
I've had a great experience working for Professional Physical Therapy. I have been mentored by many members of management which has allowed me to improve my patient care and leadership skills. I would recommend this job to any of my friends. Excellent atmosphere. Top notch management. Great place to work.
Great Place to work!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYAugust 28, 2017
Excellent working environment. All offices are kept to high standards enabling PTs to have access to state of the art equipment. plenty of continuing education opportunities. I have been provided many opportunities to grow in leadership and clinically.
Pros
continuing education, benefits, Opportunity for growth
Steer Away from this PT warehouse
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
Worst mistake was to accept a PT role at this company. Management is all money oriented and they want you to see 20 plus patients a day to make their numbers and investors happy. Steer away while you can!
Pros
Cons
Extensive work hour, lack of recogonition, poor management
Nice place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJAugust 23, 2017
It was a very nice place to work in the beginning, until they starting pitting their employees against each other salary wise. A lot of doctors equals a lot of work. The woman boss, was not so nice.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Not a nice work environment
great place to start
PT (Former Employee) –  Greater New York AreaJuly 30, 2017
It is a great place to start working. Every co-worker I've met has been really pleasant, energetic and happy. The company's overall message from the CEO is motivating and philanthropic. You see a lot of patients so you will be able to fine tune your manual and verbal skills. This is a corporate business so daily/monthly numbers are always being talked about which could damper your outlook. There has been a lot of change and a lot of experienced therapists get moved, so learning opportunities drop. Frequently there is not enough coverage for PTs on vacation/sick, so doing a lot of doubles are expected, but you do get compensated hourly for extra coverage. The beginning salary and hourly rate is very low with minimal increases.
Pros
a lot of extra learning opportunities, co-workers, patients, a lot of free lunches, semi annual company parties
Cons
low salary, no designated lunch break, frequent doubles, not many salary bonuses
It's Okay.
Lead Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2017
Too many locations and not enough people to staff or manage them. Poor room for growth, even with a B.S. and constant recognition from upper management. Most members of senior management are related or long time friends. Hours are long and they make you feel guilty when you take time off.
Sells you dreams!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, NJMay 18, 2017
Barely made the 40 hrs a week because patients are always canceling or no showing. Once the PT notices she will stress you about it and it's not worth the pay. The person training me was lazy only showed me how to do the end of day nothing else. Horrible place avoid the Caldwell location!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not the greatest outpatient clinic
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, NYMay 11, 2017
Ive worked here for nearly a year and did not enjoy it too much. At first, the job location was not convenient for me, but aside from that, the job itself was not much of an excellent experience. Don't get me wrong, you do learn a lot about modalities, exercises and stretches, but as an Aide you handle most of the patients care. A patient enters, and you help set them up with equipment and exercises then jot down their completed exercises. Then the PT would see the patient for about 5 - 15 minutes. Your job is to keep going back and forth looking over 4 - 6 patients at a time. It's not much of an outgoing workplace, but more of a factory. (A patient described it as that too).
Pros
Great Aides to work with
Cons
No benefits, low pay.
Void if you can
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southampton, NYMay 5, 2017
Will work 12 -8:30 pm 2x days a week and have to be at work 7 am the 3 days a week with horrible traffic.

Breaks to do not happen during the day as patients are back to back. No break room anyway.

Avoid Southampton period.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
NO breaks, long days back to back.
Patient Factory
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Pro PT has a patient factory mentality. It's all about the numbers with no regard for personal life. Salary and bonuses are way below industry standards. High turnover for administrative and clinical staff.
Pros
1. Able to work with top docs 2. Employees 3. The holiday party (where our bonuses and salaries go)
Cons
Salary; Split shift; Management; No incentive pay for marketing after hours or working doubles
Avoid if you can...
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 28, 2016
I worked here for 6 months. Initially it seemed like a great job but It wasnt all that it was cracked up to be - not even a little bit . They do an excellent job of selling you a dream but you quickly see the true colors if you're smart. They basically threw me into the job barely training me and also into a location that was so busy where the people who were supposed to train were so stressed and overwhelmed they couldnt train you properly. I then started realizing what the job was really about, its a number game. They want to make sure their numbers are good they have a number of patients they want to see per day and if not they will stress the employees to the max, but when you are underpaid its not easy to cope with that stress. They'll move you around from location to location and management will bribe you into things with zero incentive. Most of the higher ups are friends and truthfully you'd be doing yourself a disservice trying to complain about the conditions under which you worked.

ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED. People dont stay with this company (not at the level which I worked) usually, its a revolving door. Most fridays I closed an office of about 150 patients by myself it was terrible. The workload was insane and they expect so much from you for such low pay. I met a few good people here and yes one can move up very quick but.... for me it wasnt worth it. $12/hr was just not worth the stress.

And even if you do your very best they will stick you at the end. They will let you go before the end of your two week period to prevent paying you for the remainder of your
  more... days. To me all they care about is money they dont have their employees best interest at heart. They have over 100 locations and ive met many employees who experience the same thing.

Hope this review is helpful to someone.
Pros
Free lunches and good benefits
Cons
Low pay, short staffed, poor management, unprofessional staff
Nice place to work
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 1, 2016
At professional you are made to feel like you are appreciated and the management is very open to any suggestions. They personify the open door policy and are always so helpful.
Co-workers are the best
Authorization Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 24, 2016
Professional has some of the best therapists and clinical staff. Their demeanor helps make the patients feel at ease and makes the work load much easier.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Busy clinic
Caring Health Office
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2016
Working for Professional Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy was great. It was my first job and I loved everyday there. It was an office setting but it felt like home. All employees truly cared about each and every patient.
Best place I have worked
Full Time Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 29, 2016
High level rehabilitation with emphasis on phase 3 and higher therapeutic exercises for higher level athletes. Allowed for autonomy of practice.
Great place to go as a patient, but not the best place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 4, 2016
They pay their employees pennies, and always bribe you by saying you can move up, however they expect you to perform the task but they do not compensate accordingly. There is no job security, plenty of people have quit or stayed with the company and have not moved up.
This company is not for everyone
pta (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2015
Initially i enjoyed working for this company but then i noticed the true colors. They are mostly worried about patient visits and tend to overload schedules. From the front desk to the clinical staff you are overworked and they are still expecting more from you. They underpay their employees to pay these big names in upper management 6 figure salaries.
Pros
paid lunch time
Cons
horrible office morale throughout company, corporate like business, worried about visits (patient visits=revenue), underpay employees
Stepping Stone
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2015
This company will show you all you need to know about the medical field. Its a fast growing company where you can grow and develop. I entered as a receptionist and worked my way up the ladder and then became a Site Supervisor. Lots of space for growth.
Pros
Holiday party
Cons
Wage
Fast paces physical therapy office, which sucessfully treated every type of life related injuries
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYFebruary 4, 2015
I worked a rotating shift of 40-46 hours weekly. Clinic hours were Monday to Friday from 7am to 830pm, with seasonal Saturday hours from 8am to 12pm. As a front Desk receptions at the company’s main office, we received and directed the company’s highest volume of telephone calls and saw largest amount of patients daily. My location treated an average 185 patients on a daily bases, and our patients’ age ranged from ages 4 to retirees, with a variety of life related physical therapy injuries.

My job duties included but was not limited to greeting patients, scheduling appointments, training and applying insurance policies and procedures as needed. It was a fun fast paced family oriented environment. My location had 8 – 9 Physical therapist on staff daily and was just one of the company’s clinic located in queens of an estimated 18 clinics throughout the Tri- State area.
Pros
work hours was always flexible
Cons
growth oppurtunity was limited
HR Administrator Job Duties
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll, benefits, responding to em-ployee inquiries, employee relations and benefits enrollment. Day to day duties HR duties include record-keeping and reporting information and keeping the employee information management system/ fidelity payroll system up to date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9