Professional Performance Development Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work.
Full-time 40 (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
I love working where I do, PPDG is a wonderful company that allows you to grow in your field. They do not MICRO manage. The main office team is helpful and quick to respond.
Lvn
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE, SAMMC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasSeptember 4, 2015
I worked as a contract nurse for PPDG on a Medical- Surgical Unit. My experience with this company was overall a good one, although HR staff changes often and their communication is not the greatest. My time at SAMMC was wonderful. I enjoyed most of my shifts and I know that I handled my job professionally with compassionate care.
Cna
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work and I learned a lot while I was employed there. Just had to move on to bigger and better things.
Bottom Line
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Naval Health ClinicJune 20, 2015
Things change constantly. Pay rate gets dropped or you are enrolled in IRA plan you don't want but have no choice in. No one gives you real answers. Everyone is Spanish speaking so the language barrier is a negative element. Also very unempathetic to employees needs or feelings. They have no clue how things work where you are but want to try to manage you as if they know what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Pay not equitable to your location and is based off locality pay in Texas
Room for Advancement
Director of Contract Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
After six months as the Contract Compliance Officer, I was promoted to Director of Contract Operations. My position was deleted as a result of downsizing of the company.
Expectations
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  78240April 25, 2015
I enjoyed the government aspect being retired military myself. Expectations were sometimes unrealistic but I obviously goals must be met.
Pros
Being around retired military
Cons
Goals were tough at times
Good Place to work for!
Psychiatric Technician at Naval Hospital Pensacola (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2015
The only problem I had working for PPDG was Job Security. It was a contract position and they had not control over length of the job.
PPDG - A great place to work!
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
PPDG is a great place to work! There are numerous opportunities for advancement and the company truly believes in Continuous Process Improvement. Professional Development of staff members is also a priority to the company as well which I find very important.
Pros
collaborative teamwork, professional development
Cons
none.
wonderful !!
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Direct patient care in a clinical setting at a military facility.
Pros
income and federal holidays
Cons
military
Staffing agency for US government
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes IllinoisApril 18, 2014
beware of new policies/ changes to existing policies. they tend to effect their staff negitavle.
Wow!
Staffing Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
This company is excellent all around. Great place to work in an enviroment that is going to use all of a nurses skills whether in a hospital or clinic setting.
Contract For Government Services
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
Overall a productive company to work for. Benefits are included with the job. This job is contracted out which is the only downside because you may not know from year to year whether the job will be available.
Working with the military you will get a diverse group of people to work with and cultures. Management changes frequently because it is a military based facility.
The harderst part of the job is not having an immediate receptionist to handle my administrative duties.
The most enjoyable would be working with a wide variety of cultures.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
only tech, hard to get time off
Supervisory
Social Work Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Missouri USAFebruary 18, 2014
Great agency and population served. Worked a director for groups as well as providing some additional individual caseload management when needed.
Pros
mission of the agency
Cons
budget limits
Don't work here if you have a disability
Specialist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioFebruary 4, 2014
Told the company that I had a disability and would need some accommodation. I was harassed by the President of the company and was fired two days later by Fed Ex.

They can't seem to keep employees. The person hired the same week I was there also left.
Pros
non
Cons
management, pay and benefits
Wonderful Employer
Event Center Manager (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJuly 17, 2013
I have had the privilege of working for Professional Performance Development for over 7 years. During my time here, I have come to really enjoy the working environment. My co-workers are very pleasant and I report directly to the CEO. I receive adequate direction (not micromanaged whatsoever) and am given the flexibility to accommodate my clients to the best of my ability, while staying within the parameters of company policies and procedures.

I really believe in the mission of the company and that they are looking out for the best interest of their employees. My compensation, benefits and PTO are great and even beyond that, the work-life balance is fantastic. Although advancement opportunities for my position are minimal, they still foster my development with a variety of continuing education classes, workshops and training seminars.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to make a difference in people’s lives and I wouldn’t be able to do that with just any employer. Professional Performance is greatly motivated to do right by their employees and share in the fruits of their prosperity.
Pros
pto, benefits, work enviornment
Great company!!
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2013
Professional Performance Development Group (PPDG) is a great company to work for! I am a returning employee, during my tenure at PPDG I have been given great opportunities for advancement and growth in my career. I have had the opportunity to work in a great "team" environment where my opinioned is valued. I have always been made to feel that I am an important part of the company mission. This is more than a company to work for, it is more like a family.
Terrific company to work for
Accounting Dept. (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2013
Joining Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. has been one of the best decisions of my life! The company has given me the tools and support I needed to develop in my career. I am so blessed because I have the opportunity to work with experienced and talented people that I call friends. Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. takes care of their employees and I am proud to work for this company.
Pros
great company, work environment & co-workers
Great employers
LVN-contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJune 18, 2013
The management was so eager to make your job and family involvement priority number one great employer.
If you like to be micromanaged by management who is living in the dark ages, this is the place to go.
HR Specialist you are actually a tele recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX Corporate OfficeMay 22, 2013
If you like being squashed like sardines in an 8x8 cube (two people per cube) backed up to other cubes, people talking like you work in a telemarketing facility, and being constantly told the wrong information because departments and people can't communicate, being literally monitored like junior high kids, and working with technology that is outdated and dysfunctional then this is the place for you! Let's not even talk about how you are required to staff three people for one job and are told to be dishonest if they ask when the contract ends. Did I mention the benefits and pay were the worst I have ever seen in 20 years of working? I got out of there as fast as I could. If you are a recent college graduate or if this is your first job you may think all companies run this unprofessionally, they don't, if you are thinking of working there, don't, move on, and for those of you that remember the old 80's management philosophy they still have the old "There is no I in team" poster up, lol, wow, I keep waiting for the Back to the Future car to show up in the parking lot that you are never allowed to park in (at least once or twice a week you have to park on the street for some event they do upstairs). Oh but to make their top down, micromanaging management more appealing you get donuts on Fridays....yippee...these guys won't get a clue so do yourself a favor and keep looking....I guess I am not the only one during my several week stay I learned that the majority of the HR department hadn't been there a year, the HRA walked off the job, the other one quit, who knows what happened  more... to the HR manager her slot was open and while I was there the Business Operations Manager walked off the job....nice place, I enjoyed seeing it in my rearview mirror. But the BEST part was being accused of lying when I was out sick...during a so called retention conversation(their attempt at keeping me when I gave notice was a joke, they couldn't even do that right). I kept waiting for "Punked" to come out and tell me this was all a joke.....my only regret is knowing there are some good coworkers there who have families that can't get out, I lucked out and found a great new job my advice to them, afternoon interviews...there is a better place to work than this.  less
Pros
donuts...
Cons
micromanaging, dysfunctional (arrogant) top down managerial style
Self motivated individual, looking for a position where my strengths in working
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes Naval Base IllinoisNovember 6, 2012
Front Desk Coordinator
This position is in the Immunizations Department. In this position I am responsible for the processing of on average 800 recruits per day in receiving proper immunizations. I also support the enlisted staff with blood draws, and giving immunizations. Under my direction, I ensure the processes of the clinic are met. Data entry of all labs and ordering of medications. Work on any discrepancies and complete daily check off lists. This is a Federal Government contracted position and Security clearance of Secret was obtained.
Pros
customer service
Cons
distant from home

Professional Performance Development Group Reviews by Location