Professional Performance Development Group Employee Reviews

unethical
health promotions (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 29, 2016
The position at Mt Home AFB is actually 52 miles from Boise (the base sits 11 miles from the edge of Mt Home, Idaho). I should know because I live in Boise and have made the commute for over 10 years.

Recently PPDG was awarded my contract and offered to cut my salary by 25%. When I counter offered, they flatly stated that the offer was all they were prepared to compensate. As a result, I am seeking new opportunities.

After speaking with some other contractors on base, this seems to be PPDG's modus operandi. They under bid and cut salary, which is not a good model for pt continuity of care.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, as they are unethical and don't seem to care about their employees. They likely see all employees as replaceable and believe they can find someone else for cheaper.

Comment – January 2, 2017

In addition, it appears as if PPDG is "scrubbing" these reviews. In other words, not all of these reviews are genuine. Notice how polar the reviews are; for example, they are either rated very high or very low. My best guess is that some of these reviews come from current employees of PPDG that work in their recruiting department. And the lower reviews are from past employees that weren't treated very well.

productive company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Working for PPDG was a good opportunity for a recently discharged veteran to get a job on a military base as a civilian to continue to serve
Great place to work.
Full-time 40 (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
I love working where I do, PPDG is a wonderful company that allows you to grow in your field. They do not MICRO manage. The main office team is helpful and quick to respond.
Lvn
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE, SAMMC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasSeptember 4, 2015
I worked as a contract nurse for PPDG on a Medical- Surgical Unit. My experience with this company was overall a good one, although HR staff changes often and their communication is not the greatest. My time at SAMMC was wonderful. I enjoyed most of my shifts and I know that I handled my job professionally with compassionate care.
Cna
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work and I learned a lot while I was employed there. Just had to move on to bigger and better things.
Bottom Line
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Naval Health ClinicJune 20, 2015
Things change constantly. Pay rate gets dropped or you are enrolled in IRA plan you don't want but have no choice in. No one gives you real answers. Everyone is Spanish speaking so the language barrier is a negative element. Also very unempathetic to employees needs or feelings. They have no clue how things work where you are but want to try to manage you as if they know what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Pay not equitable to your location and is based off locality pay in Texas
Room for Advancement
Director of Contract Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
After six months as the Contract Compliance Officer, I was promoted to Director of Contract Operations. My position was deleted as a result of downsizing of the company.
Expectations
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  78240April 25, 2015
I enjoyed the government aspect being retired military myself. Expectations were sometimes unrealistic but I obviously goals must be met.
Pros
Being around retired military
Cons
Goals were tough at times
Good Place to work for!
Psychiatric Technician at Naval Hospital Pensacola (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2015
The only problem I had working for PPDG was Job Security. It was a contract position and they had not control over length of the job.
PPDG - A great place to work!
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
PPDG is a great place to work! There are numerous opportunities for advancement and the company truly believes in Continuous Process Improvement. Professional Development of staff members is also a priority to the company as well which I find very important.
Pros
Collaborative Teamwork, Professional Development
Cons
None.
wonderful !!
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Direct patient care in a clinical setting at a military facility.
Pros
income and federal holidays
Cons
military
Staffing agency for US government
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes IllinoisApril 18, 2014
beware of new policies/ changes to existing policies. they tend to effect their staff negitavle.
Wow!
Staffing Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
This company is excellent all around. Great place to work in an enviroment that is going to use all of a nurses skills whether in a hospital or clinic setting.
Contract For Government Services
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
Overall a productive company to work for. Benefits are included with the job. This job is contracted out which is the only downside because you may not know from year to year whether the job will be available.
Working with the military you will get a diverse group of people to work with and cultures. Management changes frequently because it is a military based facility.
The harderst part of the job is not having an immediate receptionist to handle my administrative duties.
The most enjoyable would be working with a wide variety of cultures.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Only tech, hard to get time off
Supervisory
Social Work Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Missouri USAFebruary 18, 2014
Great agency and population served. Worked a director for groups as well as providing some additional individual caseload management when needed.
Pros
Mission of the Agency
Cons
Budget limits
Don't work here if you have a disability
Specialist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioFebruary 4, 2014
Told the company that I had a disability and would need some accommodation. I was harassed by the President of the company and was fired two days later by Fed Ex.

They can't seem to keep employees. The person hired the same week I was there also left.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management, pay and benefits
Wonderful Employer
Event Center Manager (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJuly 17, 2013
I have had the privilege of working for Professional Performance Development for over 7 years. During my time here, I have come to really enjoy the working environment. My co-workers are very pleasant and I report directly to the CEO. I receive adequate direction (not micromanaged whatsoever) and am given the flexibility to accommodate my clients to the best of my ability, while staying within the parameters of company policies and procedures.

I really believe in the mission of the company and that they are looking out for the best interest of their employees. My compensation, benefits and PTO are great and even beyond that, the work-life balance is fantastic. Although advancement opportunities for my position are minimal, they still foster my development with a variety of continuing education classes, workshops and training seminars.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to make a difference in people’s lives and I wouldn’t be able to do that with just any employer. Professional Performance is greatly motivated to do right by their employees and share in the fruits of their prosperity.
Pros
Pto, benefits, work enviornment
Great company!!
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2013
Professional Performance Development Group (PPDG) is a great company to work for! I am a returning employee, during my tenure at PPDG I have been given great opportunities for advancement and growth in my career. I have had the opportunity to work in a great "team" environment where my opinioned is valued. I have always been made to feel that I am an important part of the company mission. This is more than a company to work for, it is more like a family.
Terrific company to work for
Accounting Dept. (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2013
Joining Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. has been one of the best decisions of my life! The company has given me the tools and support I needed to develop in my career. I am so blessed because I have the opportunity to work with experienced and talented people that I call friends. Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. takes care of their employees and I am proud to work for this company.
Pros
Great company, work environment & co-workers
Great employers
LVN-contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJune 18, 2013
The management was so eager to make your job and family involvement priority number one great employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Performance Development Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Professional Performance Development Group Reviews by Location