PROFESSIONAL PLASTICS Employee Reviews

Excellent Company, Employee Focused, Family Oriented
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 13, 2017
Professional Plastics truly values employees. There is a real focus on customer service. Upper management realizes that by treating employees right, the employees will treat customers right.

The work environment is fast paced but casual and high-spirited. Compensation and benefits are above average and very competitive for the industry.
Pros
Lots of celebration, employee recognition, people-first culture
Cons
work overwhelming and the facility is too congetsted.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2017
The company does not treat all of its employees the same. Out of all of the employeess, I was the only one without a key to enter the facility. They showed me who they were.
Pros
day shift
Cons
no help too much for one man to do.
Family owned and operated plastic distribution company.
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
Family and Minority owned Plastic distribution company with strong morals. Enjoyed my time and relationships with co-workers, other branches, customers and vendors..
I initially enjoyed coming to work every day but as sales doubled and my resources remained the same I found it to be unrealistic.
Warehouse Manager/Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2016
A typical day at Professional Plastics usually consisted of hitting the ground running and going full-bore all day. A very fast paced environment where I would typically manage the cutting schedule for the saw room, monitor the receiving department and prioritizing as needed to meet sales goals. I also managed the RMA area and documented all discrepant materials. My responsibilities included maintaining accurate order selection and on time delivery for local couriers, UPS, FedEx and all LTL traffic.Manning the will call desk, and providing outstanding customer service while addressing order discrepancies with the inside sales team. The workload was very fluid and was subject to change so being able to constantly prioritize on the fly was vital. 6 of the 8 years I was also Branch Safety Manager and Train the Trainer for LP sit down forklifts/certifying new hires. Managing regular calibration for all measurement tools maintaining logs for ISO compliance.Supply Chain Management and operating the Retail Sales center. The hardest, most challenging part of this job was trying to be everywhere all at once and the extremely high stress levels. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing customer relations, many of which have developed into lasting friendships. I also did enjoy the fast pace at times that were bearable and camaraderie with the warehouse team.
Pros
family owned and operated with strong Christian values.
Cons
unrealistic demands constantly made under pressure from the inside sales team.
Great flexibility with work
TERRITORY MANAGER SALES (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Happy staff, poor management, but great flexible hours. Managements communication is not good at all. As an outside sales rep the pros are to be out in the field and meet alot of people through networking and visiting shops.
Pros
schedule
Cons
management/no growth
Nice work enviroment
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 29, 2015
Fun work place with awesome co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the nice people I get to meet. There was a lot of variety in what I did each cleaning my work truck, loading and unloading my work vehicle.
to many cheafs
Quality Inspector / Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  chino caJanuary 28, 2015
When i first started i was told that this was a great company for advancement, my first day i was not greeted by anyone with no direction. the Q.A. Manager finally came out to greet me. she began to tell me all about the caulter in the office and my bosses the day she left her position 4-days later, i was still on my own for 2-weeks. she told me the who story. this place will blame you for upper management failures.3-different bosses. i got fired for my quality corporate manager approval to sent out an order and when i reminded him he said "well it is what it is!
not a good place to work. sales' people run everything.
Pros
the owner is Cristian
Cons
no order!
Would Be good with a bit more management
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Has five people above you telling you what they want to have finished , having the previous persons request thrown to the side . . .all morning. They have work orders with the dates, but it doesnt matter since they need random jobs done before others. They also like taking in jobs that last all day, and they want to ship it that same day aswell. Not the best working enviorment, I get work done with fast pace, but anyone that is slow will not last.
great place to learn new things
CNC Router Operator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 12, 2014
good people helping each other figure out the best way to be productive daily
Pros
pay is fair
Cons
work every saturday
No product training
National Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 13, 2014
This is a family owned business and that where promotions will take place.
Laid back company
Operations Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2014
Very laid back company, Do your job and there will be no problems
Great company
Inside Sales/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 3, 2014
Enjoyed working for a great company where I learned a lot and loved the company.
Provide a competitive salary. Company if very well prositioned in their market place.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 16, 2013
Early riser. would complete admin duties before the sales day started. Worked with staff to take them to the next level. Learned the plastics industry. Hardest part of the job was to get the necessary people involved in decision making. Most enjoyable was the people
work place
machine operator (temp) (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 9, 2012
get machine started place big sheet of plastic on machine cut out parts stack and count parts
Pros
easy work
Cons
no real busy sit around alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PROFESSIONAL PLASTICS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8