Professional Resource Network is currently hiring PCAs in the Burnsville, Apple Valley, Eagan & Lakeville areas! Looking for caring and reliable individuals to fill these openings. Both part-time and full-time positions available. Must have your own transportation. Experience is preferred and background checks are performed.
Please apply at our website www.prn-mn.com or reply to this ad with your resume and/or cover letter.
*Seeking an individual who would be interested in working early hours in the Lakeville area (shifts starting at 6:00AM).
A personal care aide is a trained, non-professional worker who is prepared to deliver safe and effective personal care to the client. The duties of the personal care aide are planned, assigned and supervised by the staff nurse, Case Manager or Director of Nursing to meet the individual needs of the client. Personal Care Attendants provide extended hours services to deliver personal care.
Personal Care or equivalent training program or competency testing.
Reports directly to the Case Manager or the Director of Nursing.
Must be able to make meaningful observations and write simple reports, accept and constructively use supervision, recognize the needs of people and to maintain good relationship in dealing with them. Must have the ability to carry out simple personal care service for the client in the home under the supervision of the Case Manager or Director of Nursing.
Driving or riding in a motor vehicle. Must be able to lift, bend, and stretch; climb stairs and negotiate difficult pathways in and about client's homes; support clients in standing, sitting, transferring and walking; carry light objects, i.e., equipment and supplies; lift and support client's extremities while giving care; turn clients and move furniture. Lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 325 pounds utilizing an assistive device. Must also be able to see, hear, and speak without limitations for accurate verbal and written communication.
Supervised by the Case Manager or the Director of Nursing.
1. Use service plan appropriately to identify care needed by client, seek direction as needed.
2. Accurately follow service plan and agency Case Manager's directives.
3. Follow all client safety procedures and precautions.
4. Assist client with needed activities of daily living as directed.
5. Complete client medical record documentation in an accurate, complete, and timely manner.
6. Provide the agency Case Manager with information needed to update the service plan.
7. Report observations of client condition to the agency Case Manager in a timely manner.
8. Document accurately on appropriate chart forms.
9. Encourage client in achieving or maintaining self-reliance as appropriate.
10. Maintain competency in all items on personal care skills inventory.
11. Assist client with ambulation.
12. Assist client with transfers (chair, bed, commode).
13. Assist/Give bath (complete, partial, tub, shower).
14. Provide or assist client with oral hygiene.
15. Prepare simple meals following dietary instructions.
16. Assist client with eating.
17. Maintain a safe and clean environment by following all client safety procedures and precautions.
18. Inform supervisor of any change in client's condition or family situation in a timely manner.
19. Safeguard equipment and supplies.
20. Administer medications if currently approved to perform this task.
21. Participate in staff meetings, in-services, and case conferences as appropriate.
22. Provide evidence of current BCLS certification (CPR) in accordance with Professional Resource Network Home Health Care policy.
23. Know and follow correct procedures in both non-emergency medical situations and emergency situations, i.e., cardiac arrest, fire.
24. Demonstrate interpersonal understanding and utilize effective communication skills.
25. Demonstrate communication skills (hear, see, speak) for effective communication with client, family, and care team.
26. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Case Manager / Director of Nursing.
27. Complete CEU, employment, and certification requirements in a timely manner to maintain employment criteria.
28. Protect and maintain client and co-worker confidentiality.
29. Able to consistently perform physical requirements of the job (lifting, bending, stretching, walking, climb stairs, transferring, equipment, etc.).
30. Submit accurate time slips and documentation which demonstrates adherence to the client care plan.
31. Exhibit behavior of cooperation.