Professional Service Industries, Inc.

Professional Service Industries, Inc. Employer Reviews

The best people I have ever worked with.
geotechnical department (Current Employee), kansas city.August 23, 2014
Pros: people time with family
Cons: pay is ok
I have worked in kansas city office for 2 years. And they are the nicest bunch of people I have ever worked with. I have worked for other places and the people here make all the difference. I make a little less but it nice to go to work and still love your Job after 18 years.
OK to work for summertime inspection only
Special Inspector (Former Employee), OregonAugust 11, 2014
Pros: safety
Cons: cheap, "fake" company with no heart.
PSI will hire inspectors during the summer months but expect to be let go when Fall arrives (the slowing of construction jobs). Don't expect the best pay either.
This company is owned by stock holders and the only thing important to this company is to make them happy by making money. Upper management is horrible with no clue how a typical day is. My – more... suggestions is to get your certs and move onto another inspection agency in October.
One big plus for PSI is their stance on safety. Very safety conscience since they recognize the cost of accidents, however not sure if they care about the true well being of the employees.
Huge turnover, most that I have seen in any company. Either people are let go or see what this company is about and quit. Morale in most offices is very low. – less
Admin/Business Development
Admin/Business Development (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNApril 23, 2013
I work with Architects, Owners, General Contractors, Owner Representatives and more on a daily basis through business development duties along with a variety of administrative responsibilities.
Great place to learn and get experience.
Project Geologist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 19, 2013
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: requesting you to do too much with limited time.
Typical work weeks are anywhere from 45-50 hrs per week. The management in the office is not afraid to give you projects that may place you out of your comfort zone to help you learn, but at the same time you may have PMs looking over your shoulder on the simplest jobs. Great bunch of people to work with and a lot to learn from.
Senior Geologist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: hostile work environment
Primarily responsible for project management and supervision of field staff, technicians, and equipment. Duties included invoicing, proposal preparation, project budgeting, data review and analysis, report preparation, subcontractor supervision, and conducting peer reviews of reports. Responsible for maintaining communication with clients and FDEP staff – more... regarding project status and conducting new business development. Also responsible for contract management and timely completion of deliverables within the contract budget. Lead supervisor for the assessment of US Sugar’s Bryant Mill, which was part of the Everglades Restoration Project under the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan. This assessment involved supervising the collection and analysis of over 200 soil, groundwater, and sediment samples utilizing and coordinating eight two-person crews, four drilling rigs, and personnel from four separate consulting firms. I was also highly involved with the review and compilation of the analytical data and report writing. – less