Professional Staffing Group

Professional Staffing Group Employee Reviews in United States

Very Fast Paced Sales Type Atmosphere
Staffing Manager, Certified Staffing Professional (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2015
PSG is a great place to work if you like sales. It was fast paced, it had long hours, but they provided helpful trainings, and the days flew by!
Pros
Free lunch on Friday's
Cons
Sales can be very cut-throat
Different type of work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, CAMarch 23, 2016
In this temp position was a unique role. My positon was to visit doctor office and obtain medical records for the Auditors. I actually did not have interaction with employees or patients it was a new skill to add to my experience.
Pros
New type of work
Cons
Only part time
Very productive and supportive group
Temporary Administrative Assistant Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2016
Excellent experiences working with PSG: support, dedication, motivation, interviews, etc. My overall experience with this group is nothing but top-notch.
temporary employment
Health Information Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 23, 2015
I had a good working relationship with my supervisor. Was not eligible for benefits. I got along very well with co-workers. The pay was not good.
Its ok for short term work
Senior Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2014
At first its good. They have a great training program so you get to learn what you are doing instead of being thrown in the fire. However the place burns you out after a few months because they are the only staffing agency in Boston to have you work before and after work hours for meetings. These meetings are also weekly. They have constant initiatives but lack the "how" to get things done. This is a good job maybe as your first job for 6 months maybe, so go in and learn and then be out. To add to their situation, they also have a weird pay system. everyone makes a different salary, some make bonus and some don't. in reality its the only job I've had in my life where you make less money year over year. I would stay away. At least one person leaves this place a week and they all have the same concerns, too much work, no benefits, sucky pay and crazy hours, but they don't listen.
Pros
free food on fridays
Cons
horrible benefits, horrible unethic pay system, lack of work life balance
strong and professional workplace
production (Former Employee) –  west jordan, utMay 20, 2015
they're there to make sure you can do the work that is given to you and if not they will ask for a reason why, so they can reference it in the next interview to tell people of the workplace and conditions.
Pros
good benefits, strong solid jobs
Loved working w/PSG
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2016
I have read many bad reviews about PSG; however, my experience with them was excellent. Working with the staff was a great experience for me.
I love working in an office environment, the customer is always right it helps to calm them down to hear that.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 10, 2015
I enjoy Data Entry tremendously. I have no problem working with others. I love helping people. I enjoy a challenge. I always enjoy working with Professional Staffing I just am not happy with the fact that none of the jobs are permanent. I need stability in where I work at.
Pros
Helping people is always a plus to me.
Cons
Jobs always end too soon.
Productive, fun, challenging, and rewarding
Temporary General Labor for 4 weeks (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2015
I am a hard worker who strives to be quick and efficient. I have not had much job experience but what I have had has taught me to be a good team member. It has taught me to get along with other people that I work with which makes the day go by much easier and quicker. If a co-worker isn't fond of me then I will stay away from them in order to keep the peace and if I do need to talk with them then I maintain a casual calm tone so not to create any friction with them.
There really hasn't been hard parts of my previous short term job assignments. The most enjoyable part of any of my short term jobs was the end of the day I felt like satisfaction for a job well done.
Pros
making friends with co-workers, learning new skills
Cons
Short breaks, extreme temperatures
Never left to go home on time.
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2015
It was a interesting working for a staffing agency and working on the other end in assisting people find temp to hire jobs. It was a good experience, it's always good to have other work experiences which makes you well rounded in different working industries.
Pros
bonuses every month for jobs you filled for the month.
Cons
pay wasn't so great!!
ok work place nice staff
factory worker (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJanuary 2, 2016
good place to work at just need to have a better job. i was laid off and 3 days later i called back they have a good call back rate
A small company.
Staffing/Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAOctober 11, 2014
Co-workers were nice. The nurses and CNAs were also pleasant.
Cons
no benefits.
Exciting!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 11, 2015
I worked there in the early years - very exciting start-up environment! CEO was in the trenches with everyone. He is a superb business man and it was great to work so closely with him.
Pros
fun, exciting, lots to learn, lots of opportunity to learn.
Cons
long hours - although that is very different now. i worked there many years ago.
Offered varied work experiences
Account Manager /Coordinator/Staffing (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2012
Because my work was contractual, it did not provide steady income or benefits.
Pros
various business opportunities
Cons
unsteady income, no health benefits
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative/Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 3, 2015
Awesome agency and will get you to work very fast. I enjoyed my time at my last temp assignment. I hope to continue to work with them to find other great opportunities.
You get burned out quick.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2012
Speaking as a past internal recruiter for PSG. Stay away from PSG. They will lure you in with promises of making big money and being part of a great culture but it's really just a sweat shop for young professionals. The salaries and commission structure are the lowest in the industry. You are forced to read from scripts when making cold calls all day long. There is no work life balance and you are looked down upon if you try to have one. They expect you to make work your life. Everything is about output and production. Between the mandatory hours of 8am to 6pm it's a constant push to be on the phones and making sales. Any other team or company meetings or even training is expected to happen either before or after work hours. (8-6). You will have no life outside of work if you are employed here and they do not tolerate people that do. They let people go without warning and for no reason other then they were no longer brainwashed by the "PSG Way" Please consider another company, your life will change completely with PSG.
Cons
see below

Comment – June 16, 2012

PSG has to be one of the worst agencies. They bring you in for an interview and you never hear from them again. They post jobs on Craigslist and many of the jobs posted don't exist. Stay away from that sweat shop.

not good folded went out of business
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 20, 2015
Bad management company would get employment contracts form national firms but couldn't keep them due to poor management, by operating like this the company folded went under and all employees didn't get paid
Pros
Cons
company still owes employees money
Will work you like a dog but worth it if you can hang in there
Recruiter/Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2012
Work hard/Play hard is the motto of this place. Advancement can be quick for those that just keep their head down, follow the rules and are lucky enough to get the client books of those that leave.
Pros
fun people to work with.
Cons
it's an eat lunch at your desk work environment, meetings are only scheduled before or after work hours.
I would give my work experience at Conoco Domestic Marine a 5
Assisted the Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 10, 2013
I enjoyed the diversity in my daily duties, as they changed from day to day. I learned to multitask and choice priorities. The management was very considerate and I enjoyed helping in anyway possible, I also helped the financial department with data entry when needed, and Captains with tests for crew members.
My co-workers consisted of upper management in Conoco as well as Captains, Crew members, and Maintenance Crew. I found them all enjoyable to work with and had no problems.
The hardest part of the job was switching Computer Based Training Modules, and getting the employees used to the change. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly work atmosphere.
Pros
the occasional lunch on one of the tug boats, cooked by one of the crew.
Cons
just that the job ended
Fun place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills CAMay 26, 2015
I learned about the importance of customer service. I enjoyed helping others with their shopping needs. My co-workers were very helpful.
Pros
variable schedule
Cons
low pay