Professional Transportation, Inc.

Professional Transportation, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Great people to work with, very supportive co-workers and branch managers.
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee), Everett, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: company pays for dot medical exam, per work requirement.
Cons: little room for advancement. benefits are sub-par.
Job is pretty laid back, fun atmosphere with co-workers and branch manager, Upper management likes to micromanage and tends to be less personable. Benefits suck!
Worst place I ever worked
Over the road driver. (Former Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, Wi.January 6, 2015
Pros: met some nice people driving.
Cons: worst place i ever worked
The worst place I ever worked. Portage, Wi. and Adams, Wi. each have their own manager and each manager has an assistant. I'm 67 years old so I couldn't handlr the long drives to Chicago, Ill. and back. The manager at Adams, Wi. told me to get a doctors excuse and I wouldn't have to go to Chicago any more. I turned it in and the co. stopped assigning jobs to me, and they won't answer my calls or return my calls.
The management is completely incompetant. I wish I could name names on here.
worse place I have ever worked in my life!
va (Current Employee), evansvilleDecember 31, 2014
Cons: everything
I feel sorry for anyone one who works here that is not in management. I am not a driver. When I was hired in I was told it was a payroll position, 40 hours a week, that wasn't even close. This is a coding job, I didn't even know what that was, I was lied to from the get go just like everyone else. I have worked 55 - 70 hours a week for a long time, one because they can't keep people and two because they give you such ungodly deadlines and workloads that it's not possible to get it accomplished. You are told to focus on quantity not quality. .this is people's pay you are dealing with. Most employees there are well educated, and in search of starting a career. Most employees are more educated and have more know how to run a company than any of the power tripping management. You will be fired just as fast as they hired you. You are treated like a disposable number, they could care less about you. If you goto anyone there with about problem it will be used against you about century some point. The you have to deal with drivers being mad about their pay because it is not correct because you are not allowed to do quality work and told just to push through and get it done, and these drivers have all the right to be mad, I can't believe people even work for them. Benefits..haha you might as well forget that, oh they offer them, like 1 sick day after 2 year, you get vacation but you have to make up all hours and work missed, whether your sick or on vacation. The insurance is the worst I have ever had, you are completely out of pocket on medical expenses until your deductible is met, unless you have a medical condition you will never meet the deductible of $800 - $2500, also costing you $25 - $140 a month just to have it. I could go on forever, just like everyone there, we are all miserable. Unless you are in a dire situation don't work here, you would be better off at mcdonalds!
Shorted paychecks, bad benefits, high turnover rate
driver (Current Employee), new york nyDecember 20, 2014
Pros: driving
Cons: too many to list
When you first start out you are a driver. You will NOT get paid between trips. You could sit for 12 hours and not get one trip. When you get a trip you will be paid miles when you drive and when you wait you will be paid by the hour. you will be paid around .20 cents a mile and around 9 per hour. for training it is min wage.

When your paycheck comes you will have to make sure it is correct for every trip you do which means you have to keep track of every stop you make and every mile you go and how long you wait. If you get a trip you will have to be at the place at 12:00 (which is called the need time) you have to be there at 12:00 or before you can't be late. If you show up early you will not be paid for waiting any time before the need time.

There is code set miles which are how you get paid. If the code set miles for a trip is 45 miles and you drive over 45 miles you will only be paid 45 miles and no more.

If you do choose to work for PTI you may find it is a fun place, but after a while you will find it to be unfair.

I would suggest you use PTI for your benefit to make some money while you try to find another job.

Due to the high retaliation rate of upper management I am wanting to be anonymous, but wish to spread the word on how bad PTI treats there hard working employees.
A good place to start or to start over
Driver (Current Employee), Mpls Branch 479September 22, 2014
Pros: sense of community
Cons: it's not 9 to 5 with a set paycheck
If I had just read the reviews online without having met with them first, I probably would have ran for my life but the Mpls location is well run and the office managers are very supportive. It's certainly not for everyone but a lot of the frustration in the reviews seems to be due to the difficulties after the merger with Coach America and the unpredictable nature of the industry.

The pay's not great, but it does offer a chance to try it out albeit on a small scale the trucking lifetstyle without having to make a big investment in training or buying a van.

You have to be able to get to the office, pick up a van and be on your way within an hour of getting assigned a run, so if you live close enough to check in and wait at home it's much more convenient.

The pay's not great, but what this job does offer is a way for decent hardworking people to get a foothold somewhere to get something going - especially if you're starting over or just stuck. Sometimes it seems you can't get a job unless you have a job and PTI will give you a chance. It's a little sad that there's a stigma attached to that and all the yap about corporate greed and the 1% aside - this job will give a boost to the people that need it most.

There's a sense of community here as well since you can hang around the office while waiting for a run. There's a little kitchen and lounge area. With so many people that are homeless or without anything to anchor them, that sense of belonging can make all the difference. If you have a class d license, a clean MVR for 7 years and can pass a drug screening test, you'll will likely be hired.
Necessary to know
Driver (Former Employee), Abilene TexasAugust 14, 2014
Pros: $
Cons: paperwork
Suggestion to prospective or former employees

Keep a personal log documenting: When you are called for a run, Beginning and ending of your run. Train I.D, Crew members names. start point, end point, all stops and all mileage for Every run and all hours on Every busted trip. Accurate records.

The on board GPS in Vans is to keep tabs on the Van location at all times. The system is capable of sharing Van location data with U.P. Dispatchers as well as PTI. R.R. CSX?

The railroads and PTI contracts for specific lengths & time. The Railroad Tracks have not been moved since the tracks were layed over 100 years ago.
The R.R. knows all mile posts, etc. And all road and Highway miles to Hotels to depots, siteings.

PTI R.R. agreement know mileage-Always the same. Your wait time. The R.R. knows when crews swap on train or tie it down, go to hotel, or depot.

PTI hires pay is [based on mileage plus wait time] understand? the agreement.

That is why you document for all hours Keep your records Because you'll get mail PTI. Three years. Decide if you want in, or move on.
Comments by former employee- Necessary.
Worst Job Ever
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, IlMay 27, 2014
Cons: everything
I was hired in May 2014. I went to training on a Saturday but get this the manager was suppose to have been sick is what we were told, so I went back home. We came back for training and the manager stayed he was on a run because an employee had an accident.
The pay was $8.25 or .15 a mile which one is greater who pays like that. I went on a run with am employee an she was nice and let me know all the dirt of this company. The manager is young and immature and thinks he is cool yet he is dumb as heck. The office assistant just sits on her fat butt and does nothing but eat and kisses his butt.
Two of the people who work there stated that the manager can never get their money right on payday. They are always short handed and do not pay their workers the correct amount of money. The little trailer they are in is so nasty and good luck with trying to use the bathroom it's is disgusting! I did not come back in after my second ride along, it is not a job if you are trying to pay your bills! They hire anyone as long as you pass the drug test.
Im just glad I got the check for training in my account and had to never return.
Job is not worth the hassle.
Driver (Former Employee), Centralia WAMay 15, 2014
Pros: getting to meet some of the railroad workers, getting to drive all over the place while they pay for the fuel, and the other drivers i met were great.
Cons: pretty much everything else.
I joined this company because I love to drive. I thought this would be a great way to be able to drive around without having to pay for gas and still be able to pay the bills. I hired on the end of March and started my safety training the beginning of April. Safety training is watching a 5 hour video that is horribly made repeating the same information over and over and over for the entire 5 hours. Once through that I waited for a couple days to get a call about driving training. Turned out that the driving training was 8 1/2 hour day just driving with another driver taking notes on where all the stops were on a roughly 200 mile trip with no breaks. Then 2 days later I was called in to do training on their computer for only 4 hours. In that time I had to learn how to work their computer and learn how to do all the paperwork plus the vehicle inspection. Got through all that and was on the "board" the next night for my first run.

After that in the month of April I received 10 phone calls that resulted in only 3 completed runs and 1 partial "busted" run. I was lead to believe that I would get much more work than that.

The van I had needed new windshield wipers + fluid and it took having to find another van for me to use "that wasn't in any better condition" for a run to get them to fix that problem. They never did put any windshield washer fluid in it. Otherwise, the van I drove was in pretty good shape and did pretty good on fuel.

One trip they sent me to Seattle Wa. Their computer took me there, they said to go there, then when I got there nobody was there. I called in and – more... they said "didn't you look at your special instructions". I looked and it said I was in the wrong area. They specifically told me to follow my gps and it would take me where I need to go before I took the trip. Unfortunately, I was supposed to be in Hinkle Or. At that time I didn't even know where "Hinkle" was (special instructions only stated "needed in Hinkle not Seattle then some random train info nothing else). They busted my trip and sent me home.

I finally couldn't take it anymore and put in my 2 weeks notice. After that I only got about 3 more calls. One I missed then the other 2 because they had my van. I got a call, took it, rushed in *half hour drive* to get my van and rush off only to find I had no van. When I called in to find out what was going on they found my van almost an hour away. They initially wanted me to waste my gas and time to go get it but since it was to far to be able to make the original trip they sent me home. I wasted 2 hours of my time for nothing. Then when I got home and walked in my door they called me about the same trip again. I had to call in and remove myself from the board to keep them from calling anymore. I called in the next night and got another call but again the van was gone. Next 2 nights I checked and each day the van wasn't there so I was unable to even go on the "board".

Worst part of all this is having to call Indiana long distance each time I had to go on/off the board, talk to dispatch, check my status, etc with no compensation what so ever. Thankfully I kept the calls as short as I could *about 1 minute each time unless it was to dispatch* and only have an extra $35 in long distance this month *already have 1/2 hour free*.

The last trip I did with them was from Centralia to Portland and for that I only got $36. Total pay for the month (net) $230 for the entire month. Just paid for my fuel to drive in and the phone bill.

I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Just not worth the hassle. – less
Not a good company to work for
OTR driver (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, La.April 17, 2014
Pros: get to meet alot of railroaders, get to travel
Cons: not enough pay, disorganized, don't stand behind their drivers.
PTI doesn't care about their drivers as long as the railroad company is happy then so is corporate. If one of the railroad crews makes an allegation against the driver, corporate backs the railroad crew and not their driver. PTI doesn't even do their own investigations when the allegations are made.
Prepare to be disappointed
OTR driver (Former Employee), PittsburghJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: easy to siphon gas from company vehicles ; )
Cons: having your life tied up waiting for trip calls that may never come; actual miles driven don't count, they have their own charts that they use for each trip
I'm 60 years old and have held a number of jobs. PTI was far and away the worst.
You can read the other posts about the chronic underpayments and assorted abuses. Here's one I haven't seen.
PTI went on a safety binge last summer about not answering one's cell phone while driving (BTW, you have to pay for your own cellphone and if you pay for minutes, watch out! It's nothing to spend 15 or 20 minutes on hold for dispatch).
They track your location by GPS constantly. During the safety binge, I was in a company van driving to a pick up. My phone rang and I could see it was a PTI number. I happened to be arriving at my location, so I stopped in the parking lot and answered. It was VP S**** M******** (who, for weeks at a time, delivers recorded harangues about safety issues you have to listen to before getting your trip info).
He accused me of answering the phone while driving, which I denied. Apparently, his GPS monitor caught up and he saw that I'd stopped. The point is that he tried to trap me into breaking the rule against answering while driving by calling me from a dispatch number while I was en route.
What a dillhole! He had no point to make or info to deliver; he was just trying to trap me.
Oh, while I'm at it. No pay for vehicle inspection time or for stopping for gas. Fleet is under constant maintenance. They will assign you trips with no vehicles available. More unpaid time on the phone getting that straightened out.
Hold out for at least $8.13 per hour and $.21 per mile. They will pay at least that much. Some drivers get $9.50 an hour, maybe more. Whatever you agree to, get it in writing.
this company is the reason people act a fool they try to act like the drivers are stupid
driver (Former Employee), tampa flDecember 13, 2013
Pros: co workers crews
Cons: no forty hour work week after two checks
i was a driver in tampa fl from feb 27 2012 to October 2013 and honestly it was a good company for about two pay checks then all reality set in my checks were never right you cant seem to get them to call you back I have been owed company bus time since feb 2013 to this date they have yet to pay it I have been accused baselessly of stealing a van only to find the van in the van in the shop where it had been for three days I have had the branch; regional, and director of operation all talk to me in such a manner that I truly feel the critieria to be up that high is that you have to be willing to be on some type of drug or just a person who know what butt to suck up to I got fired for getting rear ended nothing else no tickets nothing i did wrong
If you have any sort of life DON'T DO IT!!!
Driver (Former Employee), Everett WaDecember 10, 2013
Pros: co-workers & the r.r. crews you transport
Cons: 12 hour shifts, nasty management, poor wages, slave labor
This is the most backward company I have EVER worked for! You are treated as a bottom feeder by everyone but co-workers. Supervisor is great but they have her spread way too thin. I don't know how she is expected to have a life either! They have us text her at all hours of the day or night to tell her when we go on the board. You run 12 hour shifts that you are supposed to be "available" for and you will wait all day for a trip (you only get paid if you are on a trip) and they call you to take a 3-4 hr run just before your 12 hour shift is up. Many drivers take it because they have waited all day and have no pay for it, but This means you have technically worked for 15 or 16 hours. It always makes me laugh when I hear them say they want you to be safe and well rested because you have peoples' lives in your hands. Yeah, PTI tell me another story! When you ask the manager about that they say something along the lines of "Well, how long have you driven today? You know you CAN drive up to 10 straight hours legally." The philosophy behind it is you can "Do whatever you want when not driving. Sleep, shop, your time is your time" My standpoint is yes, but what can I really do if I am supposed to be "available" to answer the phone at anytime. Sorry to say some people can't just sleep whenever they have a spare moment.
Not to mention that I have never seen a company that is so disorganized in all my life!!! You get called for a trip that is to start in 15 minutes and you tell the dispatch when you can be there so you scoot as fast as you can because you know that the crew is waiting – more... for you and when you arrive, some other driver has already grabbed your crew. Now, the fun begins because now you have to wait on your cell phone (using your minutes that they do not reimburse you for) to ask them to bust your trip. (busted trips pay you two (2) hours) You wait and you wait on hold with dispatch for 20 minutes or more and there is no limit to how long you will wait. They have to talk with the railroad to make sure before busting you out. Ok I get that, but if it takes you longer than two (2) hours PTI expects you to wait for FREE!! Sorry! I don't work for free and the last time I checked that is not only slavery but it is illegal! I will be contacting the labor board about this too. But I digress, they know all the issues yet they do nothing to make it better. I can't see why BNSF doesn't shop around. There are way better contract driving companies out there!!! Ones that treat their employees well!
I don't trust this company! Keep documentation of EVERYTHING you do! This is not only frustrating but it is sad because they have no regard for loosing a good employee. That is why there is such high turn over. That and the pay. There is no way a person can make a living at this job. You end up working (or what they call being available) 12 hours, work 15 or 16 and may only get $40. – less
It was nice met a lot of people that I probably wouldn't had I took the job.
Driver (Former Employee), Hamlet, NCOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pay was nice & traveling was fun
Cons: long trips, no protection allowed just in case
Receive a page from the dispatcher, to make a run. I learned about different parts of NC & SC that I didn't know about by driving to these places. I got a new respect for what train drivers have to do. The hardest part was staying awake on a long trip alone &/or with a sleepy crew. I enjoyed going to different places that I know I wouldn't have went to had it not been for me having my transportation job.
just started and all I can say is...
Driver (Current Employee), SWPASeptember 14, 2013
Pros: easy work, some of the people are decent
Cons: pay sucks, hours suck, and some of the people are nasty and ignorant
I received my first paycheck this week and very disappointed, compared to the hours on call and the hours driving and the hours (minutes) of wait time... This job is easy to do but the pay dont equal out to the amount of time you put in. My first paycheck equaled out to 7.35 hour if I was working a 8 hour 5 day a week shift (40 hr week) but realistically I am working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week and only making 4.90 an hour.

If that isn't enough to anger you off the vans are junk the gps constantly is going out, and my gas card pin stopped working (then they want you to find or wait on another driver to use there pin to get gas) It is like working for a company that just started up with as many issues they have.
PTI is a horrible slave labor job- no one should consider this place
OTR (Former Employee), marylandSeptember 6, 2013
Cons: no pay, bad pay, unsafe vans, management is nonsense, slave labor
PTI does not care about the people they hire. They go through more people then I do underwear. The pay is horrible! (IF YOU EVEN GET PAID!) You will run yourself ragged, go without sleep and are expected to be on call for 12 hrs. They will even call you on your days off, at times your not scheduled to work, and just because you work 12 hours (on call for 12 because you aren't always working) they expect you to take long runs which will not put you home until late at night and you are still expected to get back on board at your normal time regardless of how much sleep you get. Management is not good either. They hire people as managers who never come around, never have the resources to help the employees, and these managers should not even be in a manager position!! You will be disrespected, cussed at and degraded. If you have children or a family- don't do it.

You will not get paid, will be required to do job duties that you will not get paid for, will have to fight tooth and nail to get what you worked for. The vans are not up to standards and are unsafe-bad brakes, rotors, transmissions and many others. PTI does not care about their employees- all they want is puppets on strings to obey their orders and don't care about your safety or well-being. Sometimes you will go days without work and no pay. You are not given hardly any training, not told about job duties or rules of the job until after you make the mistake! You will need a cell phone at all times with unlimited minutes because they will make you use your personal phone and will not be reimbursed for the minutes you – more... use for company business. You are also suppose to have a passenger permit in order to haul the people you pick up and by law are required to have this. If you get pulled over without this permit, you will be fined a hefty price!!

You only get paid through a GPS System (no time cards or paper logs) so if the GPS locks up, losses signal or does not work correctly; any time you did work will be lost and you will not get paid.

You will be lied to and lied about! You will need a personal car and most times will be in and out of the locations using your own car unless you want to wait around all day for nothing. You only get paid when the PTI van wheels are turning and nothing else. Even then you have to still have to fight for that. Dispatch will try to get you into trouble, your blamed right away if anything goes wrong, if you hit a deer you will be in trouble because PTI says all deer accidents CAN be avoided. If you are brave enough (or crazy enough) to take a job with these slave drivers...KEEP RECORD OF EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!

Seriously reconsider about applying with these people!! – less
THE WORSE!!!!!!
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Melrose Park Il.August 9, 2013
Pros: i enjoy the work that i do.
Cons: management team is the worse.
This company is the worse company I've ever worked for. They hire a new branch manager every 6 months to a year. The people they hire for branch managers start out ok., then they dont do their job and the good brianch managers they fire for no reason. When someone calls in sick, they dont schedule a fill in driver or dispatcher. You have drivers that come to work when they feel like it and the person they are relieving are forced to stay. You have people that call off work when they feel like it. You have drivers stealing gas. Beacause management forget to schedule drivers or dispatchers to fill in for the people that call off, other people are pulling double shifts, getting out of cabs at the end of their eight out shift jumping in other cabs to cover a shift, No real raises, underpaid, underappreciated. I just found out that if you miss days of work, they take it out of you vacation pay. This place is a zoo. I cant believe what goes on in this company. What do you do and who do you talk to. I love the job that I do, but this company needs some MAJOR CHANGES. Starting with management.
I have been looking for a better job since I started this one.
Over the Road Driver (Current Employee), Great Falls, MontanaJune 23, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: quite a few.
First off, I have no complaints with my direct manager. Secondly, I don't mind driving long hours.

My complaints are mostly pay related: most of our pay is figured by the mile-- whether the speed limit is 55 or 75 and no allowance is made for driving slow due to adverse road conditions. We are supposed to be paid wait time, but that is calculated on "need" time. For example we are supposed to be at the "origin" at a specified time. If the origin is at the local yard it's not hard to judge how long it will take to arrive, But if the origin is out of town you must make sure you leave home early enough to be there by "need" time, so if you arrive early, which we are encouraged to do, our wait time does not start until specified time.

When I have been asked to work temporarily out of town I have been promised a per diem plus a guaranteed minimum per day and driving time to and from assigned town But then I always have to fight to get paid these amounts and the way the pay stubs are formatted it is difficult to decipher what you have been paid for or not.

The company does not have an employee site (at least not for the drivers) so that we can get answers to questions, updates on policy or company news or anything else. They like to keep us in the dark.

We must use an onboard GPS tracking unit, but if you enter anything wrong there is no way to back up and correct it. At the end of each trip you are given the amount of wait time in minutes, but on the paystub it is given in hours so it is hard to doublecheck. If for some reason you need to call in your trip you are at the mercy – more... of being on hold, which in my case is often 15 to 30 minutes before you can report the trip and that wait time is not added to your time.

You are expected to do a complete and comprehensive pre-trip check, but you do not get paid for it and at the end of each trip you are expected to fill the gas tank, but you are not paid for that time either.

I am very conscientious about not speeding, but I have been suspended because of speeding when I was driving according to the GPS. Yet when I mentioned to my temporary supervisor (while working in Minnesota) that I was being paid the same amount per mile as I was in Montana (55 mph vs. 70 mph) I was told it was okay to go 60 mph. I told him that I obeyed the posted speed limit. I also have been rebuked for not having my seatbelt on when I was just moving the vehicle in the parking lot because the camera came on and "caught" me.

When you are on the board to take trips you do not have any idea when you will get a trip-- 24 hours a day or how long you will be working. You are assigned by robo call which only gives you the origin, destination and need time. You don't have a clue as to how long your trip will last because many times you will end up needing to assist the train crew and possibly driving to several locations. These trips can be as short as an hour or more than 12 hours.

We are not supposed to drive more than 10 hours in any 14 hour period, but it is hard to judge how much time any trip will take. I have taken crews 275 miles one-way and my longest day was 800 miles.

To sum it all up, PTI is a great place to work if you don't mind not getting paid for all your time, being kept in the dark, and not being able to plan ahead-- unless you take yourself off the board. – less
OK job for a yard driver
Yard driver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaApril 26, 2013
Pros: easy job, paid to drive, do get benefits if you stick it out
Cons: pay isn't that great, no direct contact with people above local management, company seems disorganized at times, often driving vans with problems/lots of miles on them
First off, I am only a part time employee, doing this for a little extra money. I don't depend entirely on PTI for income.

The reviews here are all from over the road (OTR) drivers. Yes, it sucks. The stuff about not getting paid when you're not on a run is true, and I would never do it. I have a yard shift, which means that I mainly transport rail workers within the rail yard or to locations not too far from the yard. As a yard driver, you do get a guaranteed hourly wage. It's not much more than minimum wage so the pay is not great. But it's not like we're digging ditches for our money, and when it's not busy, you're getting paid to just sit in the van, read, listen to the radio, etc...

I have had a few problems with paychecks (personal hours) in the past but corporate did resolve the issue to my satisfaction each time.

If you stick it out there, you are eligible for health insurance, even for part timers, after 90 days. Admittedly, it's not much of a plan to speak of -- it's really a supplemental plan. But how many jobs these days give benefits for a part time job? After a year, you do get paid vacation, which increases the longer you stay there.

I know this isn't the case everywhere, but at my location, you are required to join the union after 90 days. It rubs me the wrong way that the union is in New York state and we have never met a rep from them. But they have been helpful on a couple occasions when we had problems with pay and we did get our money, thanks to them. Also, we do get a small cost of living raise every year in our contract.

As far as management, the branch managers (direct local supervisor) seem to come and go, although, as I understand, their compensation and work requirements have improved recently.

I wouldn't recommend this job for someone to support a family on but it's a not bad if you can get a yard shift and are looking at it to earn extra income.
JUST SAY "NO!"
Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: lots of free time. (unpaid)
Cons: get paid half minimum wage for 60 hours a week.
DON'T DO IT! You will be required to be "available" 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. You get paid by the mile. In between trips YOU GET NOTHING!!! After two weeks, 120 hours, you will take home around $450. It is legal because in between runs your time is your own. But, you still have to be ready for that phone call, so its not like you can be generating some sort of income during that time. You will work and sleep. You won't even have time to find another job. JUST SAY "NO!!!"
Worst job I have ever had!
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Evansville, IndianaJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: it's a paycheck
Cons: read the review.
Words can't express just how bad this company truly is. It's owned by a man who doesn't seem to know how badly the peon dispatchers are treated (unless they're a favorite). They will hire anyone off of the street, complete with prison records, no education, and no experience. Some have never worked in a customer service environment and it results in them speaking so poorly to drivers, that it's hard to fathom how they've kept their jobs. The managers and supervisors are so incredibly high on power that they should be getting nosebleeds. They're uneducated, immature, and instead of stopping gossip, they join in! It should really have a rotating door because they can't keep people. They now have video cameras and microphones installed, supposedly for "protection". The dispatch center has also recently been renovated but with too few desks so people are sent home. There is no lunch hour, but four ten minute breaks, so you have to scarf your food. You are required to highlight a day in which you can work four hours early or late. If that's first shift, then that's 3am-3pm. You have to call in by 2am to see if you're even needed. If not, good luck going back to sleep! If you work the later highlight, then you may not know you're going to be needed to stay until right before you leave. They only start at $8 an hour. Only apply if you're incredibly desperate.

June 13, 2013

The Voucher Processing Department is equally bad. The management staff have no concept of how to run a department or how to treat people with dignity and respect. The company is earning a very bad reputation within the community and I have heard numerous derogatory comments about PTI from high-level professionals within the business industry. Someone needs to take a hard look at PTI and the management staff within this company. I'm shocked that they are still in business and aren't covered up with lawsuits from wronged employees. Horrible working environment!

Professional Transportation, Inc. Salaries