Professional Transportation, Inc. Employee Reviews

Railroaders were the only positive.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2018
Terrible company was fired in September for popping out a fog light. It was nothing but problems from the start. Highly unfortunate because the railroad crews were awesome!
Pros
The crews
Cons
Management unsafe vehicles
Very horrible will drop you in a heart beat.
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 12, 2017
Terriblecompany to work for have no loyalty to long term drivers with no incidents looking to always fire someone can’t keep good drivers. Has a very hi turnover rate. Drivers are quitting faster then they can hire them
Pros
Na
Cons
Will fire in a heart beat and very low paychecks.
Dead end job
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 11, 2017
The job descriptions are misleading. The interview is misleading. The pay is depressing. Their main software was written by a high school student and is very user unfriendly with numerous errors. They expect more and more from you without compensation. They force you to sit in meetings telling how great they are doing while you are wondering how you can pay your rent because they certainly don't share the profits. The raises they take such pride in consists of .10¢ per hour each year. They will dangle a carrot in front of you just to make an excuse and pull it away. There is no integrity in their policies. A lot of smart and good people treated like peons. I would only recommend this place as a last resort.
Pros
Better than nothing
Cons
Too numerous to list
Don't
Driver (Former Employee) –  MontanaDecember 11, 2017
Worst place ever to work.....you have no life, and can be called at anytime to go who knows where. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone anywhere...unemployment is better
Pros
Cons
On call
Worst Place Ever
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 27, 2017
This place is so unorganized and most days you will have to work over to cover someone else. People quit left and right, so with the high turnover rate and being short staffed, it was awful. I haven't had a day off since June and I finally quit at the end of October. They punish their good workers. We are promised 4 raises within the 1st year of employment (it's in our contract we signed when we were hired on. I still have mine!) And they have not given a raise in over 3 years. Ridiculous. Lies after lies after lies to try to keep people. And that's why they leave. Do NOT get tangled up with this place and the awful management!
Cons
Unorganized, no raises, low wages, awful management, rude employees, short staff, very high turnover rate
Long Day's with split shifts.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 18, 2017
Shifts are 12-16 hours with breaks between runs. Good job if you like driving.
You get to see a lot of different places, and wildlife.
You're always learning.
Pros
Your office is your car
Cons
Sometimes little or no work.
great way to start
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 14, 2017
great way to start. Wanted employment that would allow me to grow with the company without high levels of stress and back breaking work. Wanted a place to belong and it seems that PTI can do that for me.
Pros
meeting new people gaining trust
Cons
unknown work hours
PTI is an excellent job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2017
Professional Transportation is an excellent place to work. Management and Drivers get along really well. Payroll pretty much do their job. The pay is good.
Pros
Excellent job for providing for family
Cons
The oppurtunity for high pay is limited.
Nope
Driver (Former Employee) –  vaOctober 25, 2017
They wouldn't tell me the pay rate until after I went through orientation and "training", there was a reason for that. I literally could not afford to work for this company, that's how low the pay is. I didn't bother going back.
Nice place to work if you like to drive.
Starter (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 16, 2017
Most of the RR workers are usually pretty cool and laid back. Nice getting to see different cities. Co-workers are sometimes nice and usually helpful.
Dont work here ever.
Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 2, 2017
By far th e biggest joke if a company I have ever seen in my life their vehicles are unsafe for driving they constantly find new ways to rob u if pay they r not to be trusted.
Pros
No real hard labor.
Cons
Horrible pay and managment.
Worst company ever
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 3, 2017
Worst company i have ever seen unsafe vehicles that dont get maintained to safty standards. You get cheated out of money so u have to watch paystubs close
Pros
Meet different people
Cons
Poor vehicle maintenance get cheated out of money poor mangment
I don't like the company but I do like driving and the crews
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 24, 2017
Drive rail road crews to their trains pick crews up from trains bring them back to the yard take crews from one end of the train to the other deliver p a per work to trains
Pros
the railroad crews are nice easy work
Cons
no raises only Christmas day off they cheat you out of money
If you like long distance driving.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 29, 2017
We deliver vans to over 150 offices across the US. Since working for PTI I have traveled to over 44 states and visited Mt Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls and many other wonderful places. I would now like to be able to be home most nights.
Pros
See America
Cons
Long hours and away from home.
Was fired almost killed in a equipment failure accident
driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2017
fired after I was in a wreck this past jan 2017 got fired then they stuck me with the ticket lost pay asked to replace vehicle b4 wreak they said no I had to go get the ticket handled on my own hours cut then they lied to LNI about what happened I was off work 2wks should have gotten back pay it was the worse the pay is ok if you work the job is exciting you travel get paid good doing it you learn aout the railroad fun always an adventure the management is horrible
Pros
you travel the pay is ok
Cons
management is terrible rude and a bunch of liars
Driving and interacting with people
pti driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2017
The job was interesting. You met a lot of people that you wouldn't meet in the streets. Learn safety everyday. Traveled different places while also driving for them.
Going places see different places
over the road driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 26, 2017
Getting to meet different people and their cultures especially the weather climate is amazing.....Going different places everyday was exciting to me...And the kcs crews were amazing...They actually took care of you while on the journey to their destinations. I miss all of that
Pros
Going to different places
Cons
Sometimes gps didn't work got lost if crews were asleep
I like the Railroaders
Driver (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 23, 2017
It is a nice place to work, Company wise leaves to the imagination. it is a Union Job and they are still trying to get us our raise/back pay from last year

The railroaders are pretty cool
one pay check from living under a bridge
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2017
Most unprofessional people ever. They shouldn't be able to use the word professional in the name. Dangerous work vehicles. Don't have a clue management. Not a great place to work if you have a family. They short your pay checks and take forever to correct the issue,if they correct it at all. Run far far away from this place.
Pros
learning railroad, meeting interesting people
Cons
pay, benefits, hours
All these stories are true
Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 16, 2017
All of these stories about the unprofessional malcontents at PTI are just stories... but they become hard facts and reality when you work for them. It is worse than having to sit through a grade - B horror flick. The deceit is subtle. Lots of promises, all lies. You return to the status of kindergarden student when you are an employee, and management plays the role of the schoolmarm from heck. They attempt to control you by instilling fear so that you will not think independently. If you have a clear conscience and a healthy self respect, they will try to destroy you until finally you just can't take it anymore and quit. It actually feels great to curse them, expunge all of the leftover paperwork and ID card from your life, and let time clean and heal that scummy feeling from your mind and body. It is really that bad.
Pros
Cons
Feel great when you finally quit.