Professional Transportation Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Very Detail oriented
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 16, 2016
A fast paced environment. Dispatch cabs for the rail road across the country. Keeping up with new laws for drivers in different states.
Pros
OT, Room for advancement
Cons
12 - 16 hr days sometimes, Staring a Computer
Fun job, organized workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCFebruary 2, 2016
I traveled, throughout the east coast, transporting two CSX employees; a conductor and engineer. I would pick them up from a track where a freight train has stopped or a transition. From there, I dropped them off at another station or a designated train track.
Interesting people & nice scenery.
Crew transport driver (Current Employee) –  Milford UtahNovember 20, 2015
PTI can be fun, but it does require a lot of sedentary sitting/driving.
I like to walk around a bit more.
The crews are nice and interesting to talk to.
You do get to see parts of your town, that you may have not seen before. If you have seen them before, you would probably see them from a different perspective.
Pros
Never the same day.
Cons
Lots of sitting, and driving.
Employment of the last resort
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2015
This company is abusive and preys on those needing work at the lowest end of the employment range. The pay is minimum with the company constantly developing new ways to short the employees' compensation. Management at the branch level is generally poor due to poor wages and mistreatment by upper management. Upper management is nothing short of a collection of inept, self-centered power mongers who take great joy in demeaning subordinates and inflating their own egos and profits at the expense of those same subordinates. No management is amply trained and those above branch level demonstrate the worst I've ever seen in corporate America. Drivers at local level try to do the best job possible but are constantly deflated by upper management putting blame for all company failures on the drivers. HR and Safety departments have no consistency in application of policies with one driver being terminated while another receives nothing for the same offense. Upper management's sole goal day-to-day is to preserve their jobs at all costs. All indications are that the company will fold soon with major clients lost over the past year and existing clients totally unhappy with service, especially since the beginning of 2015 when the company has taken an "all for company profits and who cares about client service" approach. The local branch has many very good and conscientious drivers who are beaten down by upper management. Sadly, anyone with ANY viable options, should not subject themselves to the abuse of this company.
Pros
None apparent
Cons
Low pay below minimum when all required hours are factored. Abusive management.
Good Place to work
Railroad Yard Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 4, 2015
Good people, good manager.

Love the open road and the freedom this company gives its employees to make decisions.

Workload allows for ample hours. So, you determine how much money you make.
Pros
liberal time off, scedule adjustment
Cons
Dispatch not in the state, so no clue how long it takes to get there
Drove Rail Road employees back and forth to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 19, 2015
had a good time with this company. I drove long haul for six years. Loved to travel taking the RR employees to their destination (Back Home) like Ala, Ky, Ga.
Pros
I enjoyed doing it like talking to people
Cons
Not enough sleep, work alot of odd hours. listen to phone to make sure you didn't miis a call.
Meet good hard working people
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Winona MN.July 14, 2015
Work more hours than any job ever. Very little communication. Like the freedom to run the office in my own way. Wish the job was not under contract.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Work way to many hours 7 days a week.
Hard work is the Standard
General Manager/Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 17, 2015
Finding the balance is the goal of any manager in the company. OTP, Safety and morale must work had in hand to the success of the entire operation,
Pros
Always improving on its processes
Cons
Not a true balance life with 24 hour cycle the company runs
people here care about your safety
Branch Assistant ///gps technician (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJanuary 13, 2015
A lot of paperwork and busy work filing an report

that when the company has all the right ideas and the people to get it done some times it is not enough so you strive harder to make it
work

management some times seems what they are doing is\ one hand don't know what the other is doing /

some were great friends on and off the job others just moving along

open24-7 7days week\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ knowing when to get bed and what schedule you wanted

seeing parts of the area and states you don't see every day while you are out on the job
Pros
great job for a single man
Cons
can be very tedious at times there is not enough work
doesn't live up to name of company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2015
they were paying by the mile NOT the hour. the compensation was 0.13 per mile thats all. they don't tell you that upfront. It's not a very good company to work for.
Pros
driving
Cons
no hourly pay
pay was not good never knew when your going to work
On the road driver (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Sit at home and wait for the phone to ring, when work called go to work. Go where ever they tell you to go and pick up engineers and conductors and take them where they needed to go.
Pros
met lots of nice people payed some of the bills
A job where you have to basically hustle to get paid. If you have no problem driving around all day then this is the job for you.
On the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
You basically drive around all day transporting rail road employees from one destination to another. Its annoying but its a decent wage I guess.
Pros
you kind of work when you want to.
Cons
you have to take long trips to make any money
pti not a good place to work
odr drivet (Former Employee) –  192May 13, 2014
Racism is alive .I told one of the managers at pti about what a driver said about another driver .the first driver that said a bad thing got to be the weekend manager how dose that work now when I call the districk, manager he makes me feel like I got something that could kill him
Most horrible place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  CahokiaJanuary 20, 2014
Long hours, lousy pay, lousy pay, lousy pay!!! Run from this "company" as fast as you can!! Slave labor/wages are alive & well in this company....but the district managers & above drive BMW's and their attitude stinks! Was called in for a "mandatory" meeting with one of these jerks & he acted like we were scum...he spoke maybe 3-4 sentences & then we were forced to sit in a dirty, cold & small space in a basement & made watch one of their stupid films on "safety". They preach safety, but they sure as hell don't practice it with the old stinky & dirty vans they make us drive....over 100,000 miles! RUN from this job!!!
Cons
read my review
If you are really desperate work for PTI
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 25, 2013
Looking for extremely long hours everyday with the CHANCE to make minimum wage? Then PTI is the job for you. But wait! Along with horrible pay you get the chance to interact with surly railroad workers who make 5-10 times the money that you make, but constantly complain and moan about their job. But wait there's more! Along with horrible pay and surly clients you get to deal with incompetent management who probably never driven a van in his life. Looking for weekends off...forget it! Holidays? Not a chance! Personal time off for family plans? I think we both know that's not going to happen. Other than that it's a fantastic job.
Pros
no helicopter (hovering) supervisors, easy job
Cons
very low pay, no free time, incompetent managers
west coqast managment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hauser, IDMarch 3, 2013
PTI has kept the same bad managment that they kept from Coach America in Washington and Idaho. The moral and employee disatifaction is very high. PTI in inself seems as a good company. The BNSF employees and managment are the very best, but are not ease with the managment fo PTI. They are loosing all good drivers.
Pros
pti seems to be a good company
Cons
the managment in this area sucks.
The best part about PTI is working with the railroad crews
Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2013
Professional Transportation Inc. is a company that is not interested in keeping good employees that give 110%. The pay is minimum wage and sometimes less depending on the trips you are assigned. Payroll is regularly wrong and should be inspected EVERY payday. The immediate team I worked with was great, but the overall management of this company is very lacking. Jobs are very difficult to come by in our area and I did everything I could to keep and move up within this company to no avail. Pay raises are reviewed yearly- 10 cents an hour increase. Benefits are not readily available and very expensive. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the railroad crews and interacting with them. The hardest part of this job is being available 24/7/365 with no recognition.
Pros
not working under constant management scrutiny.
Cons
pay, hours & lack of recognition for good work.
ok
driver (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILOctober 21, 2012
it is an ok job you just dont get alot of hrs and the pay is not tahat great and how they run it dont really work
Pros
do different thing all the time
Cons
no enough pay or hrs
Overall not a bad job. Very easy job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 13, 2012
I typically sit at home and wait until I get a run if I even get a run that day. I have learned how to get to new places that I have never been to. The management team can be rude at times and try to make things easier but it never works for them. I don't really interact much with co-workers seeing as we are always on the run. The hardest part of the job is wasting your time and not getting paid while waiting for a run. The most enjoyable part is driving to new places I've never been too.
Pros
learning new places, traveling, some days are nonstop.
Cons
horrible pay, long unpaid 12hr shifts, can waste an entire day doing nothing.
Love the freedom of driving over the road.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2012
I love the freedom this position has which is part of the reason I went to Truck Driving School in the first place.I receive calls from dispatch in order to take a specific trip,I take said trip,am given a pick-up time and destination and pick-up time.I have a very reasonable manager who has worked with me as far as my hours and availability do to my children living with me.Also my co-workers have been very helpful as far as helping me to find places I haven't been and they have.The hardest part of the job is working in the wee hour of the morning but I would not trade it for nothing.The most enjoyable part about this job for me is the traveling,I love to travel,especially by the road.
Pros
very good driving equipment
Cons
the implementation of the new gps system which we are having a hard time working the bugs out of.

2.7