Professional Transportation Inc.

Professional Transportation Inc. United States Employee Reviews

people here care about your safety
Branch Assistant ///gps technician (Current Employee), Collinsville, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great job for a single man
Cons: can be very tedious at times there is not enough work
A lot of paperwork and busy work filing an report

that when the company has all the right ideas and the people to get it done some times it is not enough so you strive harder to make it
work

management some times seems what they are doing is\ one hand don't know what the other is doing /

some were great friends on and off the job others just moving along

open24-7 7days week\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ knowing when to get bed and what schedule you wanted

seeing parts of the area and states you don't see every day while you are out on the job
doesn't live up to name of company.
Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: driving
Cons: no hourly pay
they were paying by the mile NOT the hour. the compensation was 0.13 per mile thats all. they don't tell you that upfront. It's not a very good company to work for.
pay was not good never knew when your going to work
On the road driver (Former Employee), Sanford, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: met lots of nice people payed some of the bills
Sit at home and wait for the phone to ring, when work called go to work. Go where ever they tell you to go and pick up engineers and conductors and take them where they needed to go.
A job where you have to basically hustle to get paid. If you have no problem driving around all day then this is the job for you.
On the Road Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: you kind of work when you want to.
Cons: you have to take long trips to make any money
You basically drive around all day transporting rail road employees from one destination to another. Its annoying but its a decent wage I guess.
pti not a good place to work
odr drivet (Former Employee), 192May 13, 2014
Racism is alive .I told one of the managers at pti about what a driver said about another driver .the first driver that said a bad thing got to be the weekend manager how dose that work now when I call the districk, manager he makes me feel like I got something that could kill him
Most horrible place to work
Driver (Current Employee), CahokiaJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: read my review
Long hours, lousy pay, lousy pay, lousy pay!!! Run from this "company" as fast as you can!! Slave labor/wages are alive & well in this company....but the district managers & above drive BMW's and their attitude stinks! Was called in for a "mandatory" meeting with one of these jerks & he acted like we were scum...he spoke maybe 3-4 sentences & then we were forced to sit in a dirty, cold & small space in a basement & made watch one of their stupid films on "safety". They preach safety, but they sure as hell don't practice it with the old stinky & dirty vans they make us drive....over 100,000 miles! RUN from this job!!!
If you are really desperate work for PTI
Driver (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 25, 2013
Pros: no helicopter (hovering) supervisors, easy job
Cons: very low pay, no free time, incompetent managers
Looking for extremely long hours everyday with the CHANCE to make minimum wage? Then PTI is the job for you. But wait! Along with horrible pay you get the chance to interact with surly railroad workers who make 5-10 times the money that you make, but constantly complain and moan about their job. But wait there's more! Along with horrible pay and surly clients you get to deal with incompetent management who probably never driven a van in his life. Looking for weekends off...forget it! Holidays? Not a chance! Personal time off for family plans? I think we both know that's not going to happen. Other than that it's a fantastic job.
west coqast managment
Driver (Former Employee), Hauser, IDMarch 3, 2013
Pros: pti seems to be a good company
Cons: the managment in this area sucks.
PTI has kept the same bad managment that they kept from Coach America in Washington and Idaho. The moral and employee disatifaction is very high. PTI in inself seems as a good company. The BNSF employees and managment are the very best, but are not ease with the managment fo PTI. They are loosing all good drivers.
The best part about PTI is working with the railroad crews
Driver (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: not working under constant management scrutiny.
Cons: pay, hours & lack of recognition for good work.
Professional Transportation Inc. is a company that is not interested in keeping good employees that give 110%. The pay is minimum wage and sometimes less depending on the trips you are assigned. Payroll is regularly wrong and should be inspected EVERY payday. The immediate team I worked with was great, but the overall management of this company is very lacking. Jobs are very difficult to come by in our area and I did everything I could to keep and move up within this company to no avail. Pay raises are reviewed yearly- 10 cents an hour increase. Benefits are not readily available and very expensive. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the railroad crews and interacting with them. The hardest part of this job is being available 24/7/365 with no recognition.
ok
driver (Current Employee), Cahokia, ILOctober 21, 2012
Pros: do different thing all the time
Cons: no enough pay or hrs
it is an ok job you just dont get alot of hrs and the pay is not tahat great and how they run it dont really work
Overall not a bad job. Very easy job.
Driver (Current Employee), Evansville, INOctober 13, 2012
Pros: learning new places, traveling, some days are nonstop.
Cons: horrible pay, long unpaid 12hr shifts, can waste an entire day doing nothing.
I typically sit at home and wait until I get a run if I even get a run that day. I have learned how to get to new places that I have never been to. The management team can be rude at times and try to make things easier but it never works for them. I don't really interact much with co-workers seeing as we are always on the run. The hardest part of the job is wasting your time and not getting paid while waiting for a run. The most enjoyable part is driving to new places I've never been too.
Love the freedom of driving over the road.
Driver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2012
Pros: very good driving equipment
Cons: the implementation of the new gps system which we are having a hard time working the bugs out of.
I love the freedom this position has which is part of the reason I went to Truck Driving School in the first place.I receive calls from dispatch in order to take a specific trip,I take said trip,am given a pick-up time and destination and pick-up time.I have a very reasonable manager who has worked with me as far as my hours and availability do to my children living with me.Also my co-workers have been very helpful as far as helping me to find places I haven't been and they have.The hardest part of the job is working in the wee hour of the morning but I would not trade it for nothing.The most enjoyable part about this job for me is the traveling,I love to travel,especially by the road.