Proficio Mortgage Ventures Employee Reviews in United States

Was a great learning experience
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 9, 2016
There was quite a bit of turnover at Proficio, but the energy was great. I learned a great deal about the mortgage industry and how a Loan Officer will succeed if he or she puts in the effort and follows up on a regular basis. The typical day consisted of calling new leads, following up on proposals and building rapport with borrowers while guiding them through the loan process from start to finish. The hardest part of the job was communication between the processors and the loan officers. Management was of the mind that keeping the two groups separate was the best approach to efficiency. I think that it was more than likely the reason the office closed, the lack of coordination at times which caused files to take longer than expected to fund and some of the staff became frustrated. I took the high road and as the first line of contact for the borrower it was my responsibility to keep the communication flowing. If there was a break down, I feel it was a reflection on me and no fault of any other. This approach served me well and I was a top producer as a result.
Pros
Great leads provided
Cons
Inconsistent office production and high employee turnover
COLUMBIA BRANCH BEWARE If it's too good to sound true, it is
Loan officer (Former Employee) –  COLUMBIA MOMarch 19, 2015
I thought this place sounded great, and I comprehended the training very well, and I've been in sales for about 3 years. Pay sounded great and we were told that we have 4 weeks to get established and meet certain goals . I was on the phone for 2 weeks and I overheard them saying that they were going to fire me the following Monday. They were going to fire one of the other girls they hired at the same time. So they hired 3 of us to fire 2 of us. Needless to say, i quit. I would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Good hours, Monday-Friday 8-5
Cons
Liars, deceiving, bad atmosphere, boring
Mortgage Bank
Mortgage Banker/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 9, 2014
I managed and supervised many loan officers. Help sell and close loans for the entire office.
Good company for advanced officers
Independent reverse mortgage loan officer (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYOctober 1, 2014
Good processing, slow in closing and very bad marketing. The job has avery independant enviorment, work at your own pace. Management is hard to get answeres from and pay outs are far apart
Pros
high comission
Cons
bad marketing
Not a good idea
Mortgage Originator (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHJuly 14, 2014
A typical day consisted of taking calls and selling loans to people. The leads sucked really bad, and we had to do the cold calling ourselves which took away from our production. They promised that there would be advancement opportunities, but I never saw one person get promoted in the 6 months that I was there. They even said they would start "flight school" in March. Needless to say, it never happened. The trainer for the Seven Hills branch never once sold a loan a day in his life, but they trusted him to train people. This place is an absolute joke. The processors take forever to close loans. I have never seen an organization that is so disorganized. The way things are going, this place wont last much longer.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
no room for advancement or growth, terrible training, and terrible pay
Proficio Mortgage is in the process of restructuring the company
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
The new Senior Management team of Proficio Mortgage is attempting to restructure and improve policies and procedures, to improve profitibility of the company. Unfortunately for the Orlando, corporate office, several of the job functions have been transferred out of state.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
layoffs in the orlando corporate office
Slow Local Economy
Senior Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIJune 18, 2014
Because of the local economy, work has been slow. Eventually it will pick up.
Fun place to work with fun people
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 9, 2014
Working directly with loan officers, borrowers, title companies it was such a great experience and I learned so much!
Columbia, Mo branch is mismanaged
Processing Support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 27, 2014
I worked for the company for 5 months. In those 5 months they did three rounds of lay-offs. Then would do a massive re-hire as business kind-of grew but as soon as business fell just a small amount they would do another round of lay-offs. Spent a lot of their payroll in training people to do the exact same job as those they just laid off because business was going to be slow for a few weeks. There are too many managers for the small company, and you never get the same answer twice. Or the same answer from two different managers. Most of the time management would have to go ask another manager who would have to ask another manager who would give some half answer without explaining why so it was very hard to grow and learn. From reading other people's reviews it seems like my experience was the normal for the Columbia, Mo branch. Management plays favorites. The favorites have been there for years and don't get repremanded for their poor sales performance. If you are not a 'favorite' don't expect to keep your position long or recieve any furthur help or training to advance yourself.
Pros
free lunch from vendors
Cons
too many to list
Mismanaged
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  ColumbiaFebruary 24, 2014
Completely mismanaged. They'd lay people off and then hire a new class of trainees. Management constantly changed positions. No one could ever give you a straight answer.
Pros
free lunches, always someones birthday
Cons
short breaks, no job security
Decent place to work but don't expect to make it a long term
System Supports Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Decent place to work, people are nice, but it seems you can't seems to make it a long term goal as the job security is non-existent.
Pros
free coffee
Arranged financing for Senior citizens with Reverse Mortgages
Sr. Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 15, 2013
Arranged financing for Senior citizens with Reverse Mortgages
Pros
salary
Nice place to work
Managing Director/President (Former Employee) –  Oversaw operationAugust 12, 2013
I enjoyed working there it was a nice place to work. managed underwriters,processors and closers.
Team oriented sales position with outstaning team members.
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2013
Diverse workforce with a great atmosphere for team builiding and team success. Working on a team of five, we were the leading sales team for the entire time I was there.
Pros
team concept, training, mentorship, diverse well informed team members.
Cons
the most difficult part of the job was the necessity to cold call for sales.
The current platform is not productive
Sales Manager/Senior Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 5, 2013
Although I work for a great manager - the current platform is not profitable
Pros
good branch manager
Cons
bad platform
Productive and fun work place
Sr Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Independence, OhioApril 13, 2013
It's an exciting environment. Not only do we help people achieve their mortgage planning goals, but the company is really growing in many ways. It's pretty amazing to think of what we are building here. If you have not heard of Proficio Mortgage already, you will soon.
Pros
training and support is never ending
Worked on a contract
Ran Cook (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 29, 2013
• Processed all files
• Ran Cook county data base
• Ordered appraisals, titles, payoffs and verifications of employment , deposit, mortgage and rent
• Ordered FHA case numbers, CAVIRS, LDP, GSA , case transfers
• Analyzed credit reports, income and asset statements , appraisals, titles

• Handled a pipeline of 45-60 loans
• Audit FHA and VA files to ensure compliance
• DU, LP, MI and conforming & nonconforming product experience
1 Obtain closing updates from attorneys until closing date is set
2 Ensure outstanding closing log is updated daily
3 Review documentation received from attorneys for completeness
4 Monitor & manage scheduling pipeline
5 Close interaction with closing managers and processing staff to ensure rush requests are processed timely.
6 Issued declines when necessary
7 Underwriter sign off authority on pay stubs, bank statements
Pros
busy
Cons
no job securty or beniffits
Great Place
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Independence, OhioFebruary 28, 2013
This is an excellent company to work for! Proficio works well with my personal life schedule, my co-workers are fun and friendly, and they have great trainers and teachers who really help you understand the information.

I would say the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the consistant changes with guidelines and programs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the comradery with management and my co-workers.
Productive, fast paced yet fun work place.
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Independence, OhioFebruary 28, 2013
I have been working with this company for a while now and I am still learning new things. The management is extremely helpful with positive attitudes. I enjoy coming into work everyday. My co-workers are funny, polite and helpful. This job, like any, has a few moments of unexpected hassel, but for the most part, interacting within the work place enviornment is pleasant and enjoyable.
Pros
great work place enviornment. paid time off.
A high paced work place
Senior HECM Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 6, 2012
On a typical day, I take between 5 and 10 new internet leads and do my best to convert those leads to Reverse Mortgage loans. I have learned that the Mortgage business is a very competitive market that is always changing. The Management in consistantly making new procedures and work expectations which is sometimes hard to follow. The hardest part of the job for me is making the cold calls and trying to sell the Reverse Mortgage product to them after they say they are not interested. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who are in a financial crisis find the means to pay for everyday living expenses through the Reverse Mortgage process.
Pros
compensation
Cons
cold calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Proficio Mortgage Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7