Position: Director of IT
Hiring Manager: President / CEO
Work Location: Menlo Park, CA
Type: Full - Time / Exempt
ABOUT PROGRESO FINANCIERO
Progreso Financiero aims to be the partner of choice to the 23 million under banked Hispanics in the United States who need access to responsible and empowering financial products and services. Unlike mainstream institutions, Progreso Financiero provides loans without collateral to clients who lack credit history by using its sophisticated risk-scoring system that emphasizes a client's true capacity to afford a loan. Progreso Financiero engages with customers in their neighborhoods, in their language, and with familiar faces from the community to build relationships of trust that lead to a lifetime of growth and prosperity.
Progreso Financiero is a for-profit institution that believes in the moral collateral of its clients and is committed to providing opportunities to help its clients achieve their dreams. Since its founding in 2005, the company has made more than 350,000 loans, extending $400 million in capital to underserved Hispanic families through more than 70 locations across California and Texas and helping improve credit scores for more than 87 percent of its loan customers. We strongly believe in building a great business while also achieving social good, and seek to hire people who share our values.
Progreso Financiero is looking for new Senior Director of its IT function. The IT infrastructure of the company is critical to the ultimate success of its products and is key to driving the mission of the company. The position will be located in the company’s headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- Lead the IT infrastructure and support team at Progreso. The team consists of the following elements:
- Architecture – specifically, our network architecture, telephony system and database management functions
- Production Support – responsible for helpdesk, SLA determination and adherence, incident management, system administration and change management process to push development code into production
- Office and Store IT Support – Supporting the needs of our central office (approx 120 users), our Mexican call centers (in Jalos and Leon) and our retail store locations (currently, 82 and growing).
- Responsible for the technology vision of the company and responsible for architecting the infrastructure to support a fast growing financial services company
- Manage a team of approximately 10 FTEs across a wide variety of IT functions
- Manage large scale technology enhancement projects through a combination of internal resources and contract resources as the need arises.
- Maintain a strong, agile network of providers to enable smooth and timely deployments of new technology and capabilities
- Manage vendors in support of the IT efforts including internet, bandwidth providers, telephony providers, co-location data centers and other support organizations
- Responsible for defining and meeting/exceeding SLAs for the IT organization including (but not limited to) expense budget, uptime, productivity metrics and response times
- Work cross-functionally within all departments of Progeso to identify requirements and lead efforts. Must lead through influence and garner resources across the company to execute and meet goals.
- Be an integral part of the Senior Management team and report out on technology projects, milestones, priorities and requirements on a regular basis
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree with advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years of IT experience ideally with consumer- or merchant-facing financial products; 10+ years of direct IT personnel management
- Experience working in an IT department for a high growth, startup-like organization
- Familiarity with Linux operating system, Asterisk phone systems and all forms of internet security are required.
- Deep understanding of information security protocols and related compliance and controls needed to safeguard personal financial data
- Deep understanding of call center operations, infrastructure and telephony
- Excellent data-driven & methodical approach to problem solving and delivering results
- Detail oriented, but able to set personal goals and self-manage to strategic objectives of company
- Infectious energy, positive attitude and a tenacious “get-it-done” approach
- Strong leadership experience – proven ability to lead through influence
- Understanding of a retail business environment is a plus; Understanding of financial service transactions are a plus
- Experience working with the US Hispanic market and fluency in Spanish are pluses
- Familiarity with Agile engineering process a plus
Progress Financial Corporation (Progreso Financiero) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
E-Verify: Verification of Eligibility for Employment
Progreso Financiero participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E - Verify program in all facilities in the United States. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.