Progress Employee Reviews

Great culture for families but poor career advancement
Senior QA Manager and Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 28, 2017
Recent restructuring has limited career advancement. Although, the people are the core plus. Progress greatly values family and work life balance. They are going through restructuring pains at the moment.
Great company
Director, Partner Solutions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2017
I worked at Progress for 17 years and it was a great company to work for. There were ups and downs along the way with changes in strategy and senior management but there was always a constructive and collegial environment. We worked very hard most times to achieve our quarterly/yearly goals but we made it fun along the way. I worked with some wonderful people at Progress - very smart and very professional but also very generous and supportive.
Pros
Collegial culture, very smart people
Cons
Strategy and management changes too often.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sitefinity Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 7, 2017
3.5/5

Great culture, collaborative.

Has had a rough couple years.

Nice training/ prospecting tools.

Pool and ping pong table; are expected to hit your goals.
Pros
Lunch perks, coffee, company parties
Great people
Senior Digital Content Strategist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 30, 2017
Erratic strategy from leadership; employees aren't set up to succeed. Lots of opportunity for growth. Company has been erratic for many years. Corporate culture is fun and the employees are amazing.
Pros
great work-life balance
Cons
Inadequate executive leadership and strategy
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 13, 2016
Easy to work for. Free fruit on Tuesdays, good work life balance, bring your dog into work. Management has trouble making decisions in a timely manner.
Great place to work very professional culture
Business Development Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 12, 2016
Company is evolving I was laid off due to hiring freeze. I enjoyed my time there.
Learned a lot about databases and drivers. If given an opportunity to return I would consider opportunity.
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
Layoffs
I had a good working experience despite some corporate culture issues
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 10, 2016
I would have liked to see the inherent problems that were very obvious to those who worked there had attention given to them. The employees were tops in their field and incredibly smart and hard working
Conservative but driven software company
Fellow and CTO - NextGen Application Development (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2015
Established US software company constantly looking to re-invent itself but falling short in execution. Multiple CEO changes in recent years have resulted in multiple strategies.
dysunctional mgmt
drone (Former Employee) –  ncDecember 11, 2015
The data division in Morrisville has a challenge, trying to sell 1980s technology in 2015. huge turnover in Management as they try to navigate an unwinnable situation. repetitive layoffs demoralize the whole place. gotten pretty toxic.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion, individual offices, some of the toxic mgmt has left
Cons
dysfunctional mgmt ....Products stuck in the 80s.
20 years working for Progress Software
Principal Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 13, 2015
Checking work requests, monitoring SAN and VMware infrastructures.
SAN's, VMWare, MS windows, DNS
Management get's involved when needed
Some co-workers are great and helpful.
Collaborating with team members,
Learning new versions of Operating systems, Applications, Hardware and meeting project deadlines. Being rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
Hands on training. Work/Life balance
Cons
lack of direction and change that no longer makes sense
Recommending solutions to customer's
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle ParkOctober 14, 2015
I find appreciation in recommending enterprise connectivity solutions to direct end user's in order to assist them with the way they interact with their customer's.
Pros
Great co-workers and collaborative work environment
Cons
Lack of leadership at times
Not Too bad
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2015
Not bad place to work. Very relaxed but not much room to grow. A lot of change recently with a big restructure. Overall not bad but the pay could be better. Seem to pay lower than industry norm.
Toxic
Senior Mgr (Former Employee) –  BurlingtonAugust 24, 2015
Toxic environment. Too much conflict, not enough focus on strategy. Senior managers not sufficiently accountable. Not enough focus on good, sound, business judgement.
Productive, challenging environment with an extremely friendly atmosphere.
Technical Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 28, 2015
The team I joined has been together for over a decade. Everyone was extremely friendly, personable, and full of knowledge. I never ran out of things to do, and was put in a great spot with the sun rolling in the windows daily.

Typical day consisted of an immediate starting of my work after getting to Progress; often people would have their coffee and breakfast before starting up. We would work, break for lunch, and had weekly team meetings as well as weekly personal evaluations. I always felt challenged and comfortable, learning a lot about Databases, Progress' ABL, and SQL.

Management was friendly, yet stern. Although intimidating, they provided extremely useful feedback and helped me continue on my co-op despite limited time.

My co-workers were amazing; everyone was available to help and everyone was friendly with each other. There was no negativity, and I was always met with a friendly greeting in the office.

The hardest part of the job was hands down acclimating myself to Progress's many products, and their technical specifics.

I really enjoyed almost everything about working there, and had a lot of fun.
Pros
Amazing environment, great facility
Cons
Expensive lunch, stern management
A Place of Constant Change
Director of Strategic Alliance for North America (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Progress Software has great software, but 5 manager in 7 months is a bit challenging. Mid-Level Management is a revolving door which lacked stability.
Pros
The Technology
Cons
Lack of Leadership
A Strong Line of Products with a Strong Team
Global Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 30, 2014
I love everything about my job with Progress Software, I am constantly given room to grow, a chance to work with brilliant people, and to sell products that really make a difference. No matter what my next step is, Progress will always hold a special place in my heart.
Fun place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 9, 2013
The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours in the day to complete all of the tasks at hand.
Typical Support Job
Techincal Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 17, 2013
Normal Support job helping customers with software application issues.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Stress at times
Progress Software
Senior Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 9, 2013
Progress Software is primary a database / application software company.
good company but currently going through restructuring
Global Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 3, 2013
Love working at Progress. With recent divestiture of the majority of their products the company is repositioning itself in the market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progress. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9