Progress Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

tough work, but rewarding
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2016
Progress is a great place to work on yourself, oddly enough, as you are confronted with serious mental illnesses. Your clinical skills build steadily and your capacity for compassion grows as you learn boundaries.
Stay away this place is TOXIC....
Fianace (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Applicants beware this place is full of bologna. Once they get you in it may sound good but you will be miserable. The clinical director and the CEO are the worst people in the world. They have no business running a mental health agency when they do not know how to treat their own employees with compassion and dignity. I came into this place of sound mind and I left needing regular therapy after what I endured working at Progress Foundation. Before you even apply here ask around they have a massive turnover because they suck so bad. They may have good fringe benefits, but the pay is low and they only promote if you play by their rules not because you earned it or worked for it. If you are smart stay away from this company you will regret it.
Pros
Great mission, good benefits
Cons
Poor management, low pay, favoritism
Progress
Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2015
The co-workers are great. The interactions with the clients made the whole experience. Overall I enjoyed my time there.
Horrible Management
n/a (Former Employee) –  368 Fell StreetOctober 27, 2015
You will see lots of postings for Program Director and Assistant Director in San Francisco for this agency.

If you are able to keep your mouth shut about unethical/non-practical methods, I would highly suggest searching for another agency,

If you are looking for a Clinical Director and Head of Human Resources that are compassionate and mindful, I would suggest looking for another agency.

If you are willing to be underpaid (with great benefits), deal with toxicity within the agency, never being praised for your efforts...this is the place for you.

I will say, there are wonderful people in this agency and very toxic individuals as well. Proceed with caution.
A highly ambitious and efficient agency that does tremendous work for those disabled by mental health symptoms in the SF Bay Area.
Director Of Administration (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2014
Mental Health Resource Specialist
Mental Health Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2013
Worked at a transitional mental health treatment facility for dually diagnosed clients transitioning back to the community. Individual and group counseling, medication management, referrals to community resources.
Excellent Employer
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2013
Great place to work. Collaborative leadership! Flexible schedule. Self managed.
benefits
Good company to work for
Relief Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2012
I enjoyed working at progress foundation. I love working with mental health clients inspiring hope for a healthy life cycle. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing clients become happy and stable enough to transition back into the community. I like working with dedicated staff and managent
Pros
able to eat meals
Cons
not enough hours
A rewarding job in a community based environment
Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 23, 2012
In a typical day at work my shift partner and I run the day treatment activities from 9:30am to 2:00pm. Afterward, from 2:00pm to 9:00pm I attend to the needs of each client providing individualized support towards achievement of their long-term goal towards independent living (ie. developing basic needs and life skills, parenting skills, case management, medication, and 1:1 counseling). In between all of these tasks I also write clinical notes on clients' treatment goals and progress, perform clerical tasks, and assist the administrative team with various projects. I am able to multi-task and work in a stressful environment with the help of my co-workers because we all work together as a team to make sure clients' needs are met. The hardest part of my job is the schedule. Every shift I work is 12 hours long with one overnight shift in the middle of the week. With such long hours I am drained at the end of each shift. However, I do enjoy my job because I get to do something meaningful by helping others to overcome obstacles and learn the skills to live a healthy independent life.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
long 12 hour shifts