Progress Rail Services

Progress Rail Services Employee Reviews

Railroad Services
Material Handler (Former Employee), Sherman, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Company cared for each and every employee
Progress Rail had a lot to offer employees. They held safety meetings every Monday and Friday for tips and to go over accidents if they happened and how to fix the problem as a company. I loved working for this company and loved the job I had.
fun and great employers
Supervisor - Sam Pauli (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYApril 8, 2015
I loved going to work everyday welding is my passion and I loved everyone that I worked with was great and fun I got along with everybody one of the best jobs i've had
only if no other job will take you
lead (Former Employee), sacramento,caMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good med bennies, union is legit, not 24 hr.
Cons: low pay, 70 hours, untrustworthy managers, floor doesn't respect girls upstairs
You will regret accepting a position. Managers can't be trusted, no one respects the woman running the plant, and they will promise you things and later act like they didn't say anything. Take a job here as a last option. You will.regret it. It's sad.
Not a good place to work
Expeditor (Former Employee), Mojave, CAMarch 10, 2015
Not a good place to work. There is no teamwork and no leadership at all. No advancement opportunities and no communication. The good thing is the benefits.
enjoyed working here
Welder, QA Inspector, Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Management was great to work with. Great employees. Work was often repetitive but for the most part was interesting. Learned a lot about OSHA safety requirements and QA requirements.
Interesting and Challenging
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Waskom, TXFebruary 18, 2015
The Company has an identity crisis. They are part of Caterpillar but lack in support and decision making ability with clear thinking and absent of knee jerk reactions.
Management is absolutely the worst!!! They will work you like a dog for your 90 probation then not hire you. No opportunity for advancement!
Track assembly worker (FROG) (Former Employee), East St. Louis, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: insurance was good
Cons: other old boys in the shop were great to work with.
I was hired on to this company thinking it was going to be a great opportunity since it RR and owned by Catepillar. The pay was min for how hard the work was. There was pretty much no training. The shop manager that is supposed to train would more or less just walk around and talk trash and reduce the moral of the employees on a daily basis. He would walk around and switch the settings on the welding machines after I adjusted them to my settings. the upper management was addressed about these issues but refuse to do anything about this issue. Bottom line... if you are willing to work harder than ever with little pay and be treated like crud then this is your place.
fun intrusting new
Carman (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJanuary 23, 2015
fun and intrusting work a whole new world that was something that i liked to do and wouldnt mind doing it again
This place kills happiness.
Carman (Former Employee), TacomaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: higher starting wage.
Cons: boring and mundain
I worked at this place for years and was constantly told "it will get better". And it never did. The culture is that of standing around is the way to go. If your a leader or like working, don't work here.
What a mess...
Carman (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 9, 2014
Pros: union pacific will take interest if you want to go be dirty with them
Cons: incompetence, incopetence, low pay, 12 hr shifts
Typical day consists of being short handed while the blind lead the blind. The incompetence level, along with employee retention rate is so low, that I often think of running away to join the circus. Scooping elephant feces and cleaning clowns sounds great right about now. If you work night shift, you will only see the managers when someone wrecks a truck or other "valuable piece of machinery." Shift leaders are obsessed with "getting them hours," (billing a high number of hours per shift) which doesn't make sense because you are paid the same regardless. There is no incentive to "get them hours." The various ways to build up them hours are shady to say the least. "Broken" and removed train parts dissappear over the fences and behind the dumpsters quite frequently. There are certainly not a lot of ethical concerns when it comes to this behavior on the shift leaders part, but why do I care? I'm just a dirty carman.
Dissapointing place to work
administration (Former Employee), Muncie, INNovember 6, 2014
I loved my job in the beginning, but as the time went on, I did not like the way the employees were treated.
awesome place well missed
Matntenance Tech (Current Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 5, 2014
Pros: loved it
Cons: miss it
Fun enjoyable place to work with little stress and great knowledge learned.................................
muice
Material Handler (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good places to work
Cons: some times hours a little long
leaned a lot I was in management for a while liked ordering stocking and the job could be fun at times. leaned operator skills welding skill
Very rewarding job.
Assembler Technician (Former Employee), Muncie, INOctober 6, 2014
learned a lot about the assembly train locomotives. Good compensation however worked 60 to 80 hours a week, had very little time off of work.
Great working atmosphere
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Albertville, ALSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: always felt comfortable their.
Cons: budget was always a concern with it being a school and all.
Every day that I worked their I always felt as tho I was making a difference for children education. I loved it and would go back in a heart beat.
Hard working, dirty place to work but everyday was and enjoyable day
Motor Repair Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonuses, and a family atmosphere. management was great. employees too.
Cons: pulled the plug on us and shut us down. moved operations elsewhere.
Hot in the summer/Cold in the winter. Very dirty and hazards galore. Aside from that it was the best job I ever had and I hated to see them pull the plug on the Knoxville operation. We had the leading team in the company with most production, safety, and quality quarterlies. Just can't figure out the politics involved in that decision to leave from here.
Progressive
Billing Assistant II (Former Employee), Terminal Island Ca.August 24, 2014
It widened my work knowledge and developed good working relationship with my co-workers.
Learn about all aspects of electrical and air systems.
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Muncie, INAugust 5, 2014
Pros: excellent insurance
Cons: managment descisions
The days are long and very taxing on the body. I have learned a great deal about reading prints and following test procedures. My coworkers on 2nd shift are4 a blast to work with but the hardest part of the job is sometimes the job itself.
Fast paced work environment
Administrative Assistant/ Human Resources (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: contract ended
Today's business environment requires exceptional management candidates who possess a unique blend of knowledge, leadership, broad-based experience, and the ability to deliver excellent results. I am such a person.

Throughout my career I have utilized my knowledge, commitment to delivering excellent customer service, and administrative skills to consistently produce desired results and delivery of quality service. As my resume demonstrates, I have:

* Built ongoing business relationships with customers, vendors, clients and perspective clients. Attend specialized training and classes as prescribed to improve knowledge base and job related education.

My success is due, in part, to my ability to communicate well with others at all levels and with various cultural backgrounds and ethnic diversity. My communication ability has enabled me to harness the potential of all employees and motivate them to achieve desired results. Additionally, it has aided me in the instruction of required material, delivered quality results, and working effectively with peers and management collectively.

My interest in the Administrative Support position is based on the belief that I am competent and qualified to fill the position. Furthermore, I possess the skill and knowledge to successfully transition into the position guidelines and assume my role. My desire to accomplish all tasks, my commitment to excellence and my employment background has developed me into an individual that will settle for no less than success. My steady work experience coupled with my motivation and persistence has provided me with knowledge to manage valuable resources, interpret and administer regulations and guidelines pertaining to administrative support. I interact well with professionals at various local, state and federal levels. I strive well under pressure and always meet the established deadlines, recognizing the importance of prioritizing and delegation.
Good company to work for, fair and opportunistic
Midwest Field Engineer (Former Employee), AlbertvilleMay 26, 2014
Good overall company to work. People and management is good.

1 2 3 4

About Progress Rail Services

If progress means moving forward, then Progress Rail Services keeps North America's railroad industry on the right track. Its – Read more

Progress Rail Services Salaries

Machine Operator
$16.00 per hour
Welder
$35,000 per year

Progress Rail Services Photos

Changing worn out brake beam