Progress Software

Progress Software Employee Reviews

Productive, challenging environment with an extremely friendly atmosphere.
Technical Support Intern (Former Employee), Bedford, MAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Amazing environment, great facility
Cons: Expensive lunch, stern management
The team I joined has been together for over a decade. Everyone was extremely friendly, personable, and full of knowledge. I never ran out of things to do, and was put in a great spot with the sun rolling in the windows daily.

Typical day consisted of an immediate starting of my work after getting to Progress; often people would have their coffee and breakfast before starting up. We would work, break for lunch, and had weekly team meetings as well as weekly personal evaluations. I always felt challenged and comfortable, learning a lot about Databases, Progress' ABL, and SQL.

Management was friendly, yet stern. Although intimidating, they provided extremely useful feedback and helped me continue on my co-op despite limited time.

My co-workers were amazing; everyone was available to help and everyone was friendly with each other. There was no negativity, and I was always met with a friendly greeting in the office.

The hardest part of the job was hands down acclimating myself to Progress's many products, and their technical specifics.

I really enjoyed almost everything about working there, and had a lot of fun.
A Place of Constant Change
Director of Strategic Alliance for North America (Former Employee), Bedford, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the technology
Cons: lack of leadership
Progress Software has great software, but 5 manager in 7 months is a bit challenging. Mid-Level Management is a revolving door which lacked stability.
A Strong Line of Products with a Strong Team
Global Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 30, 2014
I love everything about my job with Progress Software, I am constantly given room to grow, a chance to work with brilliant people, and to sell products that really make a difference. No matter what my next step is, Progress will always hold a special place in my heart.
Fun place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bedford, MADecember 9, 2013
The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours in the day to complete all of the tasks at hand.
Typical Support Job
Techincal Support Engineer (Former Employee), Bedford, MAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: stress at times
Normal Support job helping customers with software application issues.
Progress Software
Senior Technical Account Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, MAAugust 9, 2013
Progress Software is primary a database / application software company.
good company but currently going through restructuring
Global Contracts Manager (Current Employee), Bedford, MAAugust 3, 2013
Love working at Progress. With recent divestiture of the majority of their products the company is repositioning itself in the market.
Worked in the growth segment RPM BPM it was great
Director Global Alliances (Former Employee), Boston and NYSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great investment strategy in software segment when i joined
Cons: short term view on roi of category
Worked with Sr Management Team to drive board level mission
Progress Software was a great company to work for. They had fun family events.
Sr. Maintenance Renewal Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: flexible work environment that company trips, monthly birthday acknowledgement with a cake. had quarterly gatherings to acknowledge the hard work.
*Each day would be a little different. I would contact customers to renew their service contracts. Work with them so they would renew their maintenance service contracts. Each day would bring on a new challenge or customer question or issue or question.
*I learned how negotiate discounts. I learned how to train a group of people.
*I enjoyed the people in my department and working with other departments.
My first real job - met my expectations
Executive Assistant/Human Resources/Marketing (Former Employee), Newark, CaJune 7, 2012
Pros: they promote within
Cons: job folded
I started out as a temp and was promoted to Senior Administrative Assistant/Human Resources/Marketing and Facilities.
Excellent work environment with great people, team oriented, professional
Principal Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), Bedford, MAMay 14, 2012
Pros: excellent work atmosphere, productive systems, great environment
Cons: lots of changes, hard to keep up with the projections
Excellent management team and co-workers. The atmosphere was easy to acclimate to and employees are very helpful and friendly. The HR and talent acquisition team is exemplary. I give this organization the highest rating.
Technical Support - SQL Programmer - Trainer - PreSales Consultant
Presales Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Bedford, MADecember 15, 2011
Pros: the best technical enviroment
Cons: 9/11 -
I worked at Progress Software in MA - I was my best job todate! I used all my technical support skills, programming, sales,
technical training, and online customer support. It was intense pressure and I loved it ... I was an outstanding employee -- and was only laid off because of 9/11 - the entire company was downsized.
Headquarters