Our Civil/Structural Department is currently seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer. This position is located in Richmond, VA and would require relocation to Richmond, VA.
Civil/Structural Engineers are responsible for performing civil and/or structural engineering duties as stand-alone projects; or as incidental to projects including process, HVAC, mechanical and machine-related engineering and design.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
- Develop bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform field work and technical research
- Perform technical studies and calculations
- Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Allocate tasks to Civil/Structural Designers
- Maintain budget and schedule
- BSCE, BSCET, OR ASCET
- 5+ years of heavy industrial experience
- PE License in Virginia or NCEES record
- Current working knowledge of RISA3D
- Experience with equipment foundations/supports, piping supports, process buildings, and access
- Retrofit experience
- Knowledge of relevant risk management issues (contractual terms, technical feasibility, etc.)
- Working knowledge of OSHA, API-620, API-650, NFPA 13, IBC, AISC, ACI-318, ACI-530, AISI, and ASCE-7 codes
- Experience in various types of steel and concrete construction methodologies
- Experience in conventional and deep foundation systems
- Experience in preparing structural and civil construction plans and specifications
- Working knowledge of static and dynamic load applications
- Understanding of the structural considerations associated with demolition of both structures and
- Working knowledge of considerations of other trades as related to efficiently designed structural
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to maintenance & constructability considerations in all design applications
- Experience in project estimating
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment is a plus.
- Chemical Industry experience
We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Vacation, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
Indeed - 10 months ago