Progressive Finance Employee Reviews

Used to be great, management has lost their vision.
Recovery Department Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 13, 2017
I worked at Progressive for over 3 years. It used to be a fantastic small company with great benefits and involved management.Unfortunately the upper management for Collections and Operations were replaced with new leaders from Discovery, while these men are quite intelligent and capable, they were only comfortable with what they already knew, and for a period of 2 years they promoted people who had been from Discover almost exclusively. This has resulted in a shift in culture and benefits that now explicitly rewards people for working as few hours as possible and missing shifts. The bonus system in place encourages you to skip work whenever possible and punishes anyone who works full time.These problems are easily fixable, and if they are taken care of Progressive will once again be the 5-star business it deserves.
Pros
Good base pay. Good bonus if you work part time. Free snacks. Great gym on premises.
Cons
Short-sighted management who are all too concerned with their own bonuses. Extremely high turnover.
Great co workers in a fun work environment.
Account Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Progressive Leasing is a fast growing company. We take pride in creating a fun and relaxed work environment. We understand that it is a call center and that it can get repetitive but my co workers and I keep a positive attitude by creating games for them to participate in. I have learned a variety of different things about leasing and the programs that assist them.
Excellent Care for the employees
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 9, 2015
The company was very uplifting and giving to the employees. There were bonuses given monthly if the employee met the stats for the month
Pros
Always giving employees free lunches extra time off
Cons
pay
Nice company to work for. Great supervisor.
Progressive Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 15, 2015
The work day consist on 9 hours Friday and Saturday. Sunday consist of 6 hours. Great place to work. Co workers and very nice.
customer service agent
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  draper,utApril 7, 2015
Received incoming calls from customer on there financed accounts. Maintained customer accounts info, updated Scheduled payment withdraws. Approved and denied applications.
Productive workplace
Merchant Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 12, 2014
Typical workday as an agent would be answering calls from thousands of different merchants like Mattress Firm, Metro PCS, Big Lot's etc. and assisting them and developing sales for merchants and helping customers who did not need to have good credit lease an item for a year and giving them multiple early buy-out options. A typical day as a Supervisor would be checking time clocks for the previous day to make sure everyone was clocking in at an appropriate time (not to early but not late), checking on the statistics and quality of random calls to help coach agents on how to better themselves and reach their requirements to bonus the most, Having one-on-one meetings with my team to see how they were and let them know what they can do better and to see if I can do anything better for them while giving them the most up to date information and taking supervisor calls which I would de-escalate whether it be the customer or the store associate to come to an answer and resolve any and all issues they may have had. Management is great. Always saying they appreciate you, but also showed it with lunch mostly every busy weekend, company parties, games to keep people motivated and show that they are cared for and valued each and every day. The hardest part of the job here is believing you can move up and advance. Some people get discouraged when they interview for an advancement but when they do not get the promotion they either quit or some may cause trouble and start rumors making the company and management team look bad when they were probably going to be the one promoted next. It's hard  more... telling people/friend/co-workers that their time will come BUT at the same they do not believe it. I was able to get 2 promotions in the matter of three months by showing how hard I can work and how dedicated I was to this great company. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people. Agents, Team Leads, Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Executives, Owners no matter who you were it was always great to come to work. People especially me looked forward to coming to work.  less
Pros
Work out room, Great people, room for advancement, appreciation.
Cons
no Cons
Productive atmosphere and room for growth
Late Stage Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 13, 2014
Progressive is known for its fast growing pace and hard working employees.
Pros
Family Events
Good learning opportunity
Collector (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 2, 2014
You feel like you are just doing whatever to make money. Great co workers and fun atmosphere are the only reasons I survived.
Great Job. Great people.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 12, 2014
Great job to get you through school. Good bonus structure, could be a little more lenient with time off.
This was a great place to work. I worked with a great team, they were always ready to accept new skills.
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Draper,UTJanuary 3, 2012
I worked with this company starting out in collections. I was the top collector for six months. Then I was promoted to the collections supervisor, where I then supervised a team on 12 employees.
Pros
great monthly bonus, great team, great benefits.
Cons
after being promoted to the collections supervisor, there was no where else to go.