Progressive Waste Solutions

Progressive Waste Solutions Employee Reviews

growing company
Senior Acoount Representive (Current Employee), Lafayette LAJune 23, 2015
Pros: commission sales
Cons: no room for advancement in Louisiana
Typical work day consists calling on new customers to determine their waste needs.
I've learned how to negotiate contracts
Management is young and inexperienced and not consistent
Co- workers are friendly and helpful
hardest part is competitors matching our rate
Most enjoyable part is meeting new people and identifying their nreeds
Great job and pay but the managment was green and didnt understand there responsibilities
helper\cart delivery\customer serv. (Former Employee), 9904 812 fm austinJune 16, 2015
Pros: BarBque days
Cons: Weather, managment
Usually i would come in and help get the truck ready and anything we will need for the day all of our equipment. Such as water, food , etc so we wouldnt have to stop. I had to talk to people and make sure they were satisfied with the service of myself and others that serviced the customer. They hired a manager that did not relate to the job what so ever and he did not know what we had to go through because he has never work in the feild and that made it difficult for a lot of people to do there job to regularaty.Rainy, cold, sleet, snow, no matter what, you had to work and you only get 3 holidays off wich did not bother me. I liked working with others helping out and sometimes staying to myself i like to get my work done and help further my job quest.
Job security, there will always be trash.
Acct Payable/Acct Receivable/Customer Service (Current Employee), Iowa Park, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Employees need to work as a team.
There will always be job security within the company. People need trash service in the rural areas. They have also started a recycling program and planned to take it to individual customers, to their homes.
Lots of work, NO PAY
District Mantenance Clerk (Former Employee), Houma, LAJune 14, 2015
Expect to work long hours with minimal pay, constant scrutiny, very rude people, lots of work release personnel, turnover rate very high
progressive waste
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), labelle , flMay 12, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: travling
nice place to work my coworkers were very nice everyone got along its a family enviroement working here at progressive wast just the drive became to much since after having my child i just needed to find something close to home.
worst job ever
Commercial / Residential Driver and Trainer (Former Employee), Bridge City, LAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: always overtime
Cons: finish your job then have to help slow co-workers
policy changes every week, poor work environment, drivers are treated like garbage literally.co workers are cool.most enjoyable part of the day is when you leave to go home...unqualified bald headed secretary at front desk is very unprofessional and rude,gives the company a very bad image..all she does is sit there and play with her cell phone and be disrespectful to the employees
summary
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMarch 5, 2015
was great to work for myself i made sure i took care of the customers and by doing so i continued to grow by the word of mouth only down side was the need for medical after having 3 boys it became more important
A great group of people and awesome compensation for productivity.
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: big company
Cons: needs more agents
I enjoyed my time here. There was always a steady flow of work and a supervisor who was always available and happy to help the agents.
Opertunity of Growth
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Houma, LADecember 23, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: the commute was 1 1/2 one way
Very challenging job. Curb side trash pick up. I managed 12 drivers and 24 helpers. Getting the entire Houma area's trash picked up 6 days a week. The commute was from Laffite to Houma. Achievement was the most enjoyable part of the job.
we worked hard and played hard
District Fleet Manager West Texas (Former Employee), west texasNovember 5, 2014
Pros: discounts to some supliers, cook outs, rodeo
Cons: health care, being away from family
A lot of travel
rewarded well
Boss would include our family in some meetings
being away from the family
Its a fun environment
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Leesville, LAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: short breaks and time consuming
Since working at said job I've seen a lot of people come and go. This job isn't for everyone. It takes hard work and endurance and in some cases during inclement weather. The people are fun to work with and good hearted. A typical day consists of getting your assigned truck and route destination. Once destination is made then pick up your assigned route and get done in a timely fashion. You have to be observant with your surroundings because this job can be very dangerous. You have to be aware. The hardest part of the job is watching for traffic and children especially after school or during the summer months. The most enjoyable is the people I work with.
Overall a good company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Very fast paced environment, Management sucks but there's a lot to do and the day goes by fast. the co-workers mostly keep to them selves, this isn't the company for the guys to go get a drink or go bowling after work.
Awful !!!!!!!
Customer Service (call center) (Former Employee), Bridge City / Westwego, LouisianaAugust 25, 2014
I worked at Progress Waste in Bridge City / Westwego, Louisiana over a year ago in the call center as a contract employee. The female manager that ran the call center was very unprofessional, no knowledge what so ever about business, always kept a boot in her mouth, she was not approachable at all.
Stressful place to work
Residential Dispatcher/Scale operator (Current Employee), Iowa, LAJuly 7, 2014
I love my co-workers, we always have a blast. Very stressful place to work, constantly getting phones calls with complaints.
I enjoyed working for this company
Mechanic, Mechanics Helper, and Route Helper (Former Employee), Hampton, NYJune 16, 2014
the co workers were good the site manager not so much you are always busy benefits were great i had a life with this company and rarely stayed late unless necesary it was nice
Overall company and management is great, Local management is poor
Division Manager (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXJune 16, 2014
Cons: hard work, long hours
I had been doing my job for 30 years before arriving at Progressive Waste in Kilgore. Local management is a disaster and I feel bad for the employees remaining. Work force is great, all friendly hard working people.
it was a nice place to work
hopper (Former Employee), Leesville, LAJune 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
overall the people demanded excellence, which is not a problem for me. I just had a tough time because I was also enrolled in Remington college so really it was no sleep.
Productive and a great work place
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Monroe , LAJune 9, 2014
I like working for them. I think it's a good company to work for.
My typical day at Progressive Waste Solutions
John Briggs - Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston/Alvin TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: flexibilty, self managing
Cons: lots of meetings
I begin my day bright and early logging into Salesforce and finding all my tasks, calls and appointments for my day. I review my forcast funnel for current , 30, 60 and 90 day pipeline. I then prepare my strategy for my area that I plan on cold calling. At the middle of the day I update any leads I have for Salesforce and any appointments and opportunities that have accumulated and need to schedule. The hardest part of my job would be going business to business cold calling. I find it easy for me to "have fun with it" getting out and meeting new prospects. I enjoy meeting new people and maintaining all my customer relationships.
They do not value their employees
Mehanic (Current Employee), Central LouisianaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: pay, work conditions, management
The turn over rate at the company is very high, especially with mechanics. The conditions in the shop are not always conducive to work in. Definitely not the ideal job for someone with a family.

Progressive Waste Solutions Salaries