Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
I love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2017
I love working here. My coworkers are supportive and I enjoy what I do. Everyone here wants to see the business succeed, so coming to work everyday is a blast.
great work enviroment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 26, 2017
Good place. Great culture and environment. They do not micromanage. Its a good place to work. Can be a little difficult but if you dedicate yourself you can succeed.
weekends off
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHApril 26, 2017
Great Place to work very fun place very relax place to work. They care about there employees and they make sure you know it. I would recommend anyone to apply there.
Great company
Insurance (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHApril 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Flexible, great co-workers, the goals were attainable. But its a call center so you have to accept that you will get yelled every other 30 minutes by an angry unreasonable person for 10 hours a day.
High-Paced
Licensed Sales Producer + Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 26, 2017
Loved this job but it is VERY high-paced, and not for the faint of heart. The general public isn't well-versed in the world of insurance so most of your time is spent explaining what it is and why it's necessary.
Pros
Steady
Cons
Getting sick makes your job duties very hard to perform.
Great
Total Pro Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for them and they felt that I did a tremendous job for them. The benefits were good, the compensation was good, and management style was good
Insurance claims adjuster
Property Damage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 25, 2017
Handled a variety of automobile claims until resolved, including property damage, bodily injury and settlement of such claims with the claimant directly or through legal representation.
Fast Paced
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RIApril 24, 2017
Progressive takes the time and spends money to educate and train their employees. Spends lots of time out on the road, very challenging when dealing with body shops.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
negotiating wth body shops
Great place to work!
Trainer/Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 20, 2017
Progressive Insurance Company was a great place to work and the people were great. I learned a lot during my employment there. The benefits offered were awesome.
Som perks like catered lunches and company sposored activities.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHApril 19, 2017
We had lunches catered and had paid R&R but it was always based on business need. As an SLA driven work environment we had to balance R&R activities to work demands.
Pros
Good Friends
Cons
Sometimes we had to adjust to an elevated workload due to system outages.
Fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE/RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Service, MSApril 18, 2017
Busy enough but always had time to catch your breath. Management was encouraging, job security and career advancement was encouraged. You were very prepared for to perform your job.
Professional, Caring place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 18, 2017
This company is one of the best places I've ever worked. The atmosphere and work place was busy, professional, fun, and the continually trained us to be the best sales reps in the insurance business.
Pros
Training, workplace culture, on site gym
Productive workplace
Sales / Services Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2017
Progressive is a really good company to work for, unfortunately they have a lot of customers that hate the company and mistreat the employees. The hardest part of the job is total nastiness from customers. Most enjoyable part can also be the customers.
Pros
you choose break times
Cons
Too much matrix, irate customers
Left a sour taste in my mouth.
Senior Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin tx Worked from homeApril 14, 2017
To much focus on metrics and not enough on relationship building with the customer. I received numerous kudos from customers, much more than my other team members and never received credit for this.
Pros
401k Work from home
Cons
no career advancement opportunities
great wonderful thats truy a waste of ducking time
Central Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2017
great wonderful bullshot thats truy a ducking waste of a ducking liberal ducktard ness bashole ducking splended bullshot. duck this stupid bass survey bullcrat!
Fun Work
Sr. iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHApril 13, 2017
The administration here is very good with the motive of "true north culture" . These few lines explains a short introduction of my company .This place is really nice and good to work.I really enjoy to work here.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
Overall great company and great employee's. The work environment was excellent, it was very team orientated. The work schedule was perfect. If I could work for them again I would.
Great company, difficult job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 11, 2017
Progressive is a great company to work for, they do special events frequently to help ease the job itself. The job itself is is very difficult and is for a special type of person, often people would not come back without warning.
Pros
Special events
Management is lacking.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
The compensation and benefits were fare. During the slow seasons the job is a dream. During the peak it can be a nightmare, like most jobs. The people I worked with were great, very low drama. But this company does not promote from within often. The Top Sales manager at the place I worked (Hilda) would rather Hire people from outside the company, pay to license them, train them for weeks, throw them into the job with very little knowledge of the systems and policies. Instead of take tenured and knowledgable employees and train them into having strong management skills. This has an extremely negative effect on the employees. Turn out rate is terrible because the management is some of the worst I've ever seen, people who have been there a long time eventually leave because they realize they have no options. New people leave because every manager is inconsistent and wants different things. It is extremely hard for employees to respect there supervisors when most of them were hired into the company recently and have only spent 4 hours a week on the phone and they are trying to "coach" you into selling better. The Phoenix call center would do much better if they completely restructured the management. Progressive as a whole is not a bad company, the whole issue is the Phoenix call center and I believe Progressive need to start investigating whats going on there before they lose more money.
Pros
benefits, culture, salaries
Cons
management, no opportunities
fun work place
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 10, 2017
training was excellent, very cultural, caring of employees, stressful at times...fast paced. Made a lot of life long friends. Learned specific state laws of auto insurance.
Pros
cafeteria, gym, game rooms
Cons
distance, managerment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval