Progressive Employee Reviews

I've heard of knife fights that ended better than my stint here
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2017
Great training. Welcoming environment when you start. They ramp you up to "full load" claims handling over about 6-12 weeks. Initially, you get a ton of support. They have company sponsored lunches and outside events which are nice. The bonus potential rivals 10% or more of your annual salary and is paid out right before Christmas, so that aspect is great.

However...the location where I worked had more cliques than your average high school. The collaborative culture that welcomed you in the beginning turns harsh, cold and demanding very quickly. No one shares information. Successful adjusters will not show those struggling how to succeed, even when directed. The management conducts "witch hunts" , targeting even high performers in an attempt to make an example of how ruthless they can be. If you are suspected of impropriety, usually without cause, you'd better have Kevlar underwear because you will be in front of row of psychopaths looking to throw any underling into the fire to exonerate themselves from scrutiny. I asked for help weekly and was never shown anything new or different. It was pretty much "You figure it out. And you will work as long as it takes to get it done."

To call Progressive a meat grinder is an insult to hard working meat grinders everywhere. The management is either irrelevant, malevolent, or at best, uncaring. I'm lucky I escaped with my soul.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
I'd get carpal tunnel typing out all of the cons. Run! Don't look back!
You’re just a number
CSR (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 9, 2017
Extreme constant pressure to meet unattainable goals. Clicky atmosphere.
High turnover
Management has gotten worse over last 2 years. They do not value their employees.
Poor pay for large workload.
Benefits
Cons
Constant pressure to meet sales goals, low pay, high stress, poor management
Call center Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2017
Basic Call center life. Diversity and Inclusion are big in the culture at Progressive. Benefits & Bonuses are Promised Annually. Most enjoyable part of the job are the team meetings; gives you time to communicate with someone other than customers. Work from home is available.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Attendance is strict
Claims Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 6, 2017
very casual atmosphere
great place to work and good pay treats workers fairly.
work life balanceis great easy to take off days needed
supervisors are understanding and help you advance in the company
Great Place to Work
Service Associate Consultant I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2017
The work environment is beyond anywhere I worked before. The managers from any team were awesome. They help you and have great pay incentives for individuals and the company.
Progressive Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHDecember 4, 2017
Progressive was a great place to work. This was a friendly, fast paced environment with awesome benefits and opportunities for advancement. I really enjoyed working with progressive Insurance
Pros
Great benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Short brakes, High stress
Career driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 3, 2017
Progressive is there to help each employee to reach their full potential.
Get benefits,and managers. They seem to care about their employees. At christmas, we get nice gainshare or bonus. It was so wonderful for us.
Pros
The people and benefits
Cons
Hard working with some customers
Not Impressed
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHDecember 3, 2017
-Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled to avoid any and all state and department of insurance penalties.
-Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
-Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in
developing new accounts.
-Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
Amazing company to work for.
Claims Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHNovember 30, 2017
Everything !!

It is a really great company to work for.

Amazing health benefits and your able to balance work and life.

I had a great experience working as a Claims Gemeralist.
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 28, 2017
If you're use to being mobile, this may not be the best option. great benefits, but confined to a cubicle and "chained" to a phone for countless hours.

Want to know more about Progressive?

Ask a question
Perfect!
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 27, 2017
Love Progressive. I wouldn't know where to go from here. I feel right at home at Progressive. Very free and comfortable. Can definitely be stressful starting out.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Can be stressful
Good place to start a sales career
Sales & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 27, 2017
Work was fast paced but you were rewarded at end of year for all y our hard work with a profit sharing. I liked the people I worked with and found the work rewarding. Not too stressful although their were sales metrics to meet.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
High sales goals
Awesome company to work for
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 25, 2017
This really is a good company to work for. We manage our own breaks and take them when we are ready, the management is awesome. Normal day to day is just like any other call center though. I really do not have anything bad to say. I am sad to leave but I need a new career path that makes my heart happy.
Grit and determination required
Casualty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 25, 2017
Progressive is a like all other claims environments with a very heavy workload. You receive support and continuous feedback to be better which is sometimes not always easy. The culture at Progressive is amazing but is also site specific. They always strive to hire the best people.
Pros
work perks, corporate events
Cons
heavy hours and work/life balance issues
Balanced
Licensed Insurance Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 25, 2017
Very holistic balanced work/life culture.
Pay is ok and consistent.
Not a lot of opportunities for pay growth.
But everyone is treated very fairly.
Beautiful work campus's.
Great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJNovember 24, 2017
I learned a lot in regards to what is expected to revive your lifestyle through self benefit. I believe the opportunity and knowledge I have learned has given me an overall leg up in all aspects of life.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Limited training
Great company to work for
Claims Processor III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2017
Working in the insurance industry was really interesting. Being there for people when they need assistance to put their lives back together was very rewarding.
Progressive - Commercial Dept
CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHNovember 21, 2017
Progressive Insurance was a great company to work for, excellent benefits, managers were all very easy to work with, great work-life balance, and gain share at the end of the year was always nice.
Good place to work.
Art Director/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 20, 2017
My bosses were excellent to work for. Felt more like a family than a job. On a daily basis we handled customer's files and ideas to produce the desired print materials to their specifications.
good environment with unreachable goals
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Despite having many perks such as catering, team building exercises and a fun environment the actual job itself involved unattainable goals and a cut-throat management designed to belittle and berate employees. Would not recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.