Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

The goodness in working for this company depends on which state you work out of.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2016
This company has the potential of being an excellent company to work for with the exception of working under the managerial prejudisms in the Phoenix, Arizona office(s). Also this company does not offer a retirement package.
This company also discloses information of the actual job itself until you complete the training classes (if then at all). There was one practice that I found in this company that I have not seen in a long time. That was closing a blind eye to behaviors between employees that are all but desireable (it depends on who you know to get the dangling carrot).
Pros
Performance based scheduling
Cons
It's all about who you know
Typical Day on the Job
Collections Represenative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work started with logging onto the computer. From there, I proceeded to skip trace and contact debtors by phone to work out a payment arrangement. I would get an hour for lunch, then upon returning from lunch follow through with any appointments I had made for contact. Once that was completed, I would continue skip tracing and contacting people through telephone leaving messages for contact as needed. Once able to reach someone, I would advise them of the debt, and attempt to work out a payment arrangement.
Pros
Free Coffee. 1 hour lunches. Good benifits. Day Shift. Got most weekends Off.
Cons
Poor Economy, Very stressful, Impossible Job demands
Corporte Snakes
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 28, 2016
I was let go after being promoted near the end of Q4. They lied to me when I signed my exit paper work and now my unemployment for the 4 weeks I was unemployed had been denied. I have a two year old at home and did not eat to get by. The entire thing was per-meditated. I found out from a friend of mine they were planning on letting me go for weeks as well as others all the while smiling and acting as if it were normal.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor management, no job security, very political, no work life balance.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2016
Answered incoming calls. Processed payments and endorsements for our customers. Received my 2-20 while working here. Became team leader, so I took all the difficult calls from customers. Got along well with co-workers and supervisor. Pay and good benefits were good. Hardest part was having a baby in day care. So became a stay at home mom for a while.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
With the hours I was working needed to stay at home with my child
Productive an fun work environment
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 16, 2016
I feel a high sense of integrity and a very positive work culture that I would recommend anyone working there and joining the family.

within the muliple positions that I have held there, Management and supervision has been above reproach. The people that I work with a daily basis make me feel like family.

I enjoy the fact they have a cafeteria, gym, game rooms, and reading/resting rooms with recliners.

The work environment has been the best I have experienced.
Used to be a great company to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 14, 2016
The only opportunity for advancement are if you meet a certain criteria. 1 Have to be female, 2 Have to be from a certain country south of the border and 3, you would have to be of a certain orientation. This is not coming from a sour employee, rather from a disappointed one who has been with the company for years and has seen the culture change drastically in the past few years. This used to be a great company to work for. Used to be. Now they want to be number 1 industry and are willing to sacrifice the Core values and belief system that they were based on. Customer Service means nothing to the management. Sales is all that matters.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Horrible Management / No work life balance
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 29, 2016
The workload is crazy and the compensation is not worth the sacrifices
The Ft. Lauderdale office is a nightmare
Its like being a part of a cult if you don't drink the cool aide they black ball you
Advancement opportunities are available when they want only to positions they want
there is a lot of nepotism going on, your good work will never get you anywhere if your supervisor or manager does not like you
excellent numbers don't matter if you don't play the game you are invisible and will not get promoted
Pros
Ok benefits, healthcare is good
Cons
Horrible Work Schedule
Fun place to work...Lots of positive attitudes..amazing people to work with!!! Best job I've ever had
Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2016
So far AWESOME JOB!!! I LOVE WORKING FOR PROGRESSIVE!!! Training comes with a lot of information to take in, but so helpful to learn so much about Insurance...Progressive really cares about their employees and customers.. You don't see that a lot with most jobs..meeting other new employees is awesome, especially if you're new to the area! Overall great job
Pros
Great co-workers...Supportive environment
Cons
Fear of being stuck there in the snow with no food lol
Fun yet stressful at times
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 12, 2016
Fun environment with very high call volume. Their new sales process doesn't necessarily work with every customer, but they hold you to high standards. The most fun is talking with new people on a daily basis. The hardest part is the raising the standards you're required to meet and lack of coaching to help achieve them depending on who your supervisor is. Overall the 2 years I was there were very enjoyable.
Behind the Curve!!!!
Commercial Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 10, 2016
Below industry norm for compensation benefits are about normal for most business'. People are great but opportunities for advancement are rare, Progressive will hire inexperience college grads for claims positions instead of promoting from within.
Talent leaves the company for other insurance companies due to this management approach.
Pros
People and work/life balance.
Cons
Low pay!
Great place to work!
Call Center Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHMarch 5, 2016
Working at Progressive is fabulous if you can get in. The only department I don't care for is the recruiting department. They could care less about you. I resigned due to health problems. Since then it's impossible to get rehired. I have even got state licensed to increase my chances. The recruiters need to go, they do not care about applicants like you or me because they have a job and they take Progressive for granted. Anyone that works at Progressive and hates it is stupid. I am all about providing virtually perfect customer service what Progressive is known for. I love this company with my whole heart and want to retire there if I can get back in. Progressive is the best!!!
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Recruiters
na
Licensed Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2016
Responsible for handling insurance claims filed by policyholders. Plans and schedules work needed to process claim, interviews claimant and witnesses, and investigates claims. Handle property claims involving damage to buildings and structures, or liability claims involving personal injuries or third-person property damage from liability situations, such as motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, or alleged negligent behavior. Consult with accountants, architects, construction workers, engineers, lawyers, and physicians to get expert evaluation. Work with attorneys to defend insurer's position as claim is contested and issue payout amounts accordingly and accordantly. Negotiate with claimant to settle claim. overall very stress full and under paid.
Great Company
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMarch 29, 2016
It is a wonderful company, excellent benefits, pay is great, most enjoyable part of the job is of course the pay and the year end bonus least favorite part or hardest part would be spending the entire day on the telephone. If you are not accustomed to being on the phone all day it is difficult to do.
Pros
On site gym, quiet rooms, excellent benefits, on site health care
Cons
High stress
When people say the workload is bad, they aren't lying.
Claims Generalist Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 14, 2016
I worked for Progressive for four years as a Claims adjuster. I started at a time when we were not going to be hiring people to a time of hiring left and right. The problem is, the more tenure you gain at one position and not move forward to a new one, the more they push the load on you as a way to get you to ether move forward or move on. We often joked that hard work is rewarded with more work.
The bad thing is if you don't want to move into injuries, you will forever be stuck as a generalist, and eventually pushed out of your job.
They do tend to care about their employees by buying you meals and snacks all the time. But it's also a way to hide that you are working 60+ hour weeks, 6 days a week.
Pros
Tend to care about their employees
Cons
Work load, long hours, stressful
Great training investment
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 16, 2016
Typical day at work 8am - 5pm shift. Case reviews on auto accidents, driver and passenger interviews, auto damage assessment. Made liability determinations and negotiated price points with auto-body companies.

Learned personal injury and auto damage assessment.

Management: Team structure. Frequent quantitative and qualitative analysis for case work. Periodic meetings with team leader. Great support system.

Co-workers were fellow recent college graduates. Training trips to Phoenix Arizona provided fantastic bonding opportunities and cultivated team chemistry.

Hardest part of the job was tracking down uncooperative drivers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was supporting affected drivers and passengers through medical treatment and auto repair process.
Pros
On site gym with racket ball court.
Progressive is a great place to work.
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2016
If you like change, you'll love Progressive! The company has an excellent training program, great benefits &, competitive pay. Management is supportive, fair, and available. I stayed with company for 20 years because I was challenged, valued and felt a sense of accomplishment each and every day.
Pros
Pay, Casual Dress, Work Perks Program
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2016
Progressive was a good company to work for. They look out for their employees and provide flexibility to accommodate work/life balance. I found it difficult to advance. There were plenty of opportunities for lateral movements, but not many for advancement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement
Excellent work environment
Exercise Specialist/Group Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 29, 2016
My work day mostly consists of teaching an array of group fitness classes and personal training. I also get to interact with fitness center members throughout the day, talking to them to find out their goals and struggles so I might help them complete their workout. Additionally, I may simply engage them in conversation to build a rapport. My manager, coworker and I work together to create an inviting and non-threatening atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of this position is getting the chance to help people achieve their goals and realize their true potential. If I am able to help one person, I feel that I have done my job!
Very Stressful work envirionment
Centralized Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMarch 14, 2016
Leaving training with past due work items is a set up for failure. Forget what you just learned in training, do it my way attitude for most. Everyone does things differently so you will get different answers for the same question.
Pros
Good Supervisor/Team to work with
Cons
Workload/Training is a setup for failure
Overall great company
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Progressive is a great company. The only reason I left is because when I started they were very lenient with schedule adjustments, you could submit to make your own schedule and they'd approve or disapprove but they'd at least make an attempt to work with you; after about a year and a few months in they arranged scheduling by production and it completely through off my work life balance, forcing me to leave. As far as dealing with the work flow, it was the average office's workflow. Lots of busy days but the managers are extremely supportive and I feel honored to have met some of the people I met while employed with the company. The company has great values.
Pros
Great, fair company
Cons
scheduling