Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

Interview process
Applicant for CSR (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 26, 2016
Just writing to weigh in so as to share my own experience as well as my opinion regarding both the online assessment and the telephone interview process.
Both were exceedingly lengthy and rather complicated. I spent quite a lot of time in order to adequately attempt to prepare myself by conducting my own research and trying to have some per-planned responses for the interview. I hold a college degree and am also an experienced customer service representative yet was told that based upon further evaluating my information after the telephone interview I would not be advanced forward for further consideration. However, the recruiter lead me to believe otherwise based upon the feedback which I received upon commencing the interview. I was not only shocked by was rather concerned by the screening tactics implemented and not quite sure I was properly evaluated. I feel this company is overlooking quite a large group of qualified individuals who might make wonderful employees. Progressive needs to modify their rigid and rather secretive behavioral screening process for seasoned adults workers. I gather they want someone with little to no experience so that they can mold the individual to their own standards and needs. Good luck if you should become chosen to advance forward- I think you may be in for quite a stressful environment that may be rather rigid.
Standard call center
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2016
Micro management not for me. The company is good and cares for its employees, I was very impressed by that. The office environment is very nice and comfortable.
Pros
Good to its employees
Cons
Micro Management
job is too stressful
Progressive Home Advantage Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 22, 2016
After 17 years with the company, I decided that I had enough of Corporate bs and micro management and decided to go see what else is out there.

They are hiring inexperienced people for the same rate they paid me, an MVP for the past 5 years.

Apply only if you're really desperate for a job
Cons
expected to go to the bathroom on your own time
Unprofessional (Termination)
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL WestshoreJuly 21, 2016
Started in January as a temp employee.Was terminated in July. Had an extensive interview with Progressive,didn't pass wasn't hired as a permanent employee.Months later another opportunity came along,my supervisor said I could reapply but again would have to take the telephone interview,and the one on one interview again! At this time I told her I wanted to decline,but maybe next round I would reapply.I told her at this time I wasn't ready,and seriously had some doubts about working here permanently. Weeks later, I spoke to a recruiter for advice,went back to my supervisor and told her I had a change of heart,and would like to be considered for the next round of interviews for the CP1 Claims Position.When I was there I was out sick 1 day, 99%on time.Was friendly, upbeat,sometimes a little too loud. But when I look back I enjoyed for the most part my co-workers! I however did not feel comfortable around some of the managers! I know in the State of Florida,employers do NOT need to give a TRUE reason for termination.However,it is too say the least really unprofessional,and sad that my recruiter called me on a Sunday morning informing me that I was terminated!!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Tedious position! No offers to advance, or help with other duties.
daily
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2016
Answered inbound calls (heavy call volume) to assist customers with their personal lines account (auto, motorcycle, boat, umbrella, homeowners, etc.) i.e.- adding or deleting vehicles, taking payments, changing coverage's on their policy, underwriting, as well as gathering info from the Department Of Motor Vehicles of that
state. Also (during low call volume) I assisted with data entry work to process claims i.e.- insurance/vehicle information, medical records, police reports, auto shop
paperwork, etc. via computer or 10 key touch while maintaining all clerical/administrative work which also consisted of updating company files in alphabetical order by customer's name or policy number.
Good work to place to work
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2016
Good place to work. I have been there 13 years. There is room to advance if you are willing to relocate. Very progressive company that values employees.
Job Security
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2016
They have available work here and there, So you are basically always waiting around for work. I would not recommend this company to no one. sorry
A very relaxed and cultured place to work.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, OhioJuly 16, 2016
A typical day at work is being on the phone selling insurance policies and data entry. I've learned a lot of patience with this position.
Pros
Job security, bonuses.
Cons
Pay does not equal the work life balance progressive provides.
A very productive place to work
Account/ Agent Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2016
Progressive is a great place to work for they always place their clients ahead of everything. They always believe that the customer should always walk away happy.
Pros
Customer's were always put first
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great Company
Licensed Insurance Professional/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 13, 2016
One of, if not the best company to work for. From the People to the training and even the building, it is overall just a great environment.
Usps
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2016
I learned to be the most respectable and able employee with this company. I changed thru crafts from carrying mail, to training to be a supervisor, and beyond. I truly did enjoy every minute of it, and sometimes regretting branching out into other professions.
Pros
Very Own Schedule if delivering mail
Cons
Management can be harsh
Great company to work for
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 8, 2016
This is a great company to work for and the pay is not bad either. The hardest part of the job is prioritizing your work day so you don't get behind in your tasks.
Enjoyed working with awesome people
Claims Adjuster Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 5, 2016
I gained many skills working at Progressive - became proficient in negotiation, heavy workload management, customer service, and I learned the insurance world. My co-workers were wonderful and made coming to work worth it.
Progressive Insurance
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 4, 2016
Love this company. This is the first corporation I have worked for that has it all together and knows how to treat employees. Employees matter.
good job
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2016
The management and the human resource department made this job unbearable. They work together to ostracize you out of a promotion or a position to give it to a chosen source of their own. It is really sad to know that this still occurs within employers.
Pros
a great job
Cons
management is unbearable.
Great
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 26, 2016
Great company to work for because the management is great and helpful. Managers are very supportive, informative, reliable, and helpful.
Just a job
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2016
Work load was very unrealistic. Credit for work done was never given to those deserved. Too many managers within same departments, this caused a lot of problems.
Heavy workload
Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 23, 2016
Worklife balance is nonexistent. The pay is decent and there is so much turnover that the opportunity for advancement is very good for anyone.
Flexible work environment
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 23, 2016
Flexible work environment.

Great Benifits

work load acceptable

Gym on site

Cafe on site

Medical Doctor On site

Great area, easy to get in and out
Pros
Good Benifits Flexible schedules
Cons
Some of Management needs to change
way to much for way too little
Progressive Insurance Sr. Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
They will continue to add work to your schedule with claims until you can't ever catch up. Very little expectations are set clear from the beginning
Pros
No dress code
Cons
Split schedule, Little leadership, work overload