Progressive

Progressive United States Employee Reviews

Busy
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Depew, NYApril 17, 2015
Very busy atmosphere which does not leave you time for family/friends. Micro managed but you will not get better training anywhere in the business.
Fun working with teams and pay is above average
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mayfield HeightsApril 16, 2015
The best part of working at Progressive was working close to your co-workers. Easy to make friends and they have a very accepting culture. The pay is a little above average depending on what you are doing. At times the work to pay ratio is not very good and you end up doing twice as much work as your pay shows. Management was not very good from my experience. It really depends on who you have though. Overall a good company and fun working there while it lasted and pretty easy to move around within the ranks.
The higher ups in control of your state can make a world of difference
Claim Generalist (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits and great overall work culture.
Cons: Strong potential for high volume. Can be overwhelming for some.
Working for Progressive, like any job, has it ups and downs. There are days when 5'o clock roles around and the thought of leaving is nothing but a wish upon a star. There are other times when you are bored out of your mind because you are done with your work before 2. Which type of experience you have can depend largely on a few things; the kind of person in charge of your state, the weather, the number of employees for that state and what state you work in.

I live in what is considered a high volume state. Due to an unprecedented amount of turn over and little hiring in said state the volume has increased exponentially. This has led to a work day that mimics more of the latter I described earlier. This hardest part of my job is the volume. My job in its basic element is similar to juggling. Some days you may juggle 3 balls. Some days you may juggle 12.

The days that you are only juggling 3-7 balls are the best. Progressive is very lax. If you have down time you can browse the net on most sites. You are able to take time off with barely a days notice (at least at my office). You have many options to insure yourself. Life, health, dental, etc. are one of many options. Progressive also helps with things such as adoption and daycare.

Progressive can be a tough company to work for at times, but overall it is a great company for anyone to make a career at.
a great place to work, people are wonderful!
Compliance Business Analyst (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 14, 2015
Progressive was a wonderful place to work, managers are always willing to help with your company growth. I would highly recommend, but be willing to work very hard.
stressful, crazy schedule, thrown out to the wolves
inside sales representative (Former Employee), riverview floridaApril 9, 2015
At first they really make you feel welcome. You go through tons of training. For incompetent people this training is good. For the competent ones you are beaten to death (metaphorically speaking with too much training) the harder you work and the better you do they pile on more and more work. The other employees that are just there for a check get away with everything. They know exactly how to work the system. Your calls are constantly monitored, your computer activity is constantly monitored. The overal ethics of the company is horrible. They want you to constantly answer phones. There is no challenge to the job. You are only allowed 5 occurrences in a 12 month period. Meaning if it was not previously scheduled time off (which is almost impossible to get) and you are more than 7 minutes late or you have to call out you only get 5 times to do so and then you are put on a written warning. At any given time there are about 300+ calls waiting to be answered and as soon as you hang up from a call you immediately get the next. If you work a 10 hour shift you get 1.5 hours worth of breaks for that entire shift which is your food, bathroom and any other time you may need/want. That may seem like a lot but considering the position it is nothing. At the interview they make it seem like a great place to work b/c they will mention the gym and the cafeteria but what they dont tell you is the cafeteria is only open 5 hours a day monday to friday only and they close at 2pm usually you can never go to the cafeteria due to the shift they give you. The gym is great but again you only get – more... 1.5 hours of breaks almost impossible to go when you are at work unless you do not eat And who wants to go to work to workout on your days off you say you will but then you are so burnt out the last place you want to be is there. You will never get the schedule you want. There doctors office is always a waiting list. You have to make an appointment just like a normal doctors office and wait to be called with times and schedule. You then have to go when you are off or during that break time. The management is always on the 8 to 5 schedule with weekend off so while your busting your butt they are having a good ole time. When they are there they never help or if they do they are so clueless as to what you do they do not know how to help. The will push all the good workers out and they keep all the people that are cheating their company. Not only am I no longer an employee there I am also no longer going to be a customer. I saw too much and advise you to take you business and youe employment elsewhere. This is not the chocolate covered candy they make themselves seem. – less
PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE IS NOT FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE COMMITTED, LOYAL, AND HONEST
CLAIMS (Former Employee), MARYLANDApril 8, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY IS STRESSFUL AND UN-ORGANIZED
TRAINING OUTSIDE IS GREAT
MANAGEMENT SUCKS 100%
GOOD CO-WORKERS THEY PUSH OUT THE DOOR, THE DISHONEST ONES THEY KEEP
HARDEST PART OF JOB IS WORKING IN A TOXIC ENVIRONMENT THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS GAINSHARING AT THE END OF THE YEAR FOR THE HARD WORK WE PUT IN TO MAKING THEM MILLIONS YEARLY
Great pay and environment but VERY STRESSFUL HOURS!
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHApril 7, 2015
Pros: Pay and I got an early raise
Cons: Hours, stressful calls, no family life
I REALLY ENJOYED THE PAY AND EVEN TAKING CLAIMS (VERY STRESSFUL AT TIMES BECAUSE YOUR CONSTANTLY TAKING CALLS..SOME PEOPLE YELLING OTHERS NICE SOME CRYING EVERYDAY) BUT THE HOURS WERE VERY STRESSFUL FOR ME AND MY HOME LIFE!! I PUT IN REQUESTS TO CHANGE MY HOURS BUT KEPT GETTING DENIED! I WASN'T ABLE TO SPEND TIME WITH MY SON BECAUSE WHEN I GOT OFF IT WAS 9 PM AND I GOT HOME AT 10. I WOULD HAVE TO GET MY SON FROM MY MOMS AND IT BECAME SO STRESSFUL THAT I WASNT EATING LIKE I SHOULD AND I GOT VERTIGO FROM SITTING ALL DAY. I WENT TO THEIR DOCTOR FEELING LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT AND AFTER THAT I HAD TO QUIT. IF I HAD BETTER HOURS I COULD HANDLE THE JOB..OTHERWISE I WOULD NEVER WORK THERE!!
Great Compensation and Benefits - Bad Experience
Claims Generalist Associate (Current Employee), Laredo, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Compensation and Benefits
Cons: Management did not Help
They really take care of you because the work is a bit stressful and fast paced. But understandable. They take care of you really well. In my experience it was a bad to horrible one because of the lack of support and help from management, as I was working at a remote location away from any help...only help was through a chat and even then they would take for ever and made it really tough when you have customers waiting on the line. They did not take it into consideration and just through claims at you.
I understand that it was a rare case that I was involved in, as anyone working at a regular office with help a couple of feet away. Just make sure you are not working alone and far from help.
great place mostly
medical claims adjuster (Current Employee), iselin, njApril 6, 2015
Progressive is overall a great place to work. The standards are high, but not impossible. Most importantly they seem to attract great people so it makes for a great work environment. Management is very approachable and available.
Great place to work but limited growth potiential
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good work-life balance, amazing people
Cons: geographic restrictions for growth
I have been with Progressive for almost 11 years and let me say that they have a wonderful corporate culture. The people who work there are absolutely fantastic.

The reason I may leave is because of lack of upward advancement. That's not because there are no opportunities because there are. The only problem is that I would have to move to Cleveland or Colorado Springs and I'm not interested in moving from Tampa.
awesome place
Personal Lines Insurance Sales (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 1, 2015
Great company to work for but I am driving over 2 hours to work. Working for the company is very relaxed but professional and they take very good care of their employees
meh
RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), colorado springsMarch 31, 2015
company has changed a lot in the past few years. It is more focused on profit than employee and customer satisfaction. Good place to start, but that is it.
Not flexable for new employees family emergencies
Insurance Sales Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 31, 2015
As a new hire the process to obtain my license was great the "OJT" was awful. No consideration was given for a new employee experiencing a major death in immediate family.
Productive fun place to work
Licensed Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2015
good company the most enjoyable part of the job I like is helping others. I learned a lot of different sales techniques and skills
Decent yet too large
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Entry Level
Cons: Bloated Corporation
Progressive provides an excellent work environment and good training. However the call flow is over bloated with too many either unrelated metrics or conflicting goals. Unfortunately for the company and each of its employees these lofty and unrelated programs interfere with what should be the focus - selling insurance. For an entry level professional or someone wanting to learn insurance they are a good choice, for experienced professionals or dedicated sales persons (that want to sell and perform a direct function) seek elsewhere.
Good Company, Good People
Claims Generalist Intermediate Adjuster (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great People, Compensation & Benefits
Cons: No local advancement opportunity
I have nothing bad to say about Progressive Insurance as an employer. If you work hard you will be rewarded. Unfortunately in the market that I live in there is little advancement opportunity locally.
Last jobs.
Merchant Support Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 23, 2015
Taking calls and interacting with co-workers, working on more than one screen at a time. the jobs ive worked at were really enjoyable companies that cared about their co-workers and company and made sure everything was up to date as far as systems.
Doesn't feel like a call center
Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 23, 2015
Progressive is one large bulding and the make sure you are properly trained and ready for the world once you hit the floor. great team
Terrible atmosphere accompanied by a terrible management.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2015
They strictly higher people who can manipulate and have no long term professional goals. If you are in school and need a part time job I would only then recommend this company.
Energetic Enviornment
Licensed Medical & Claims Ajuster (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: team basted
Cons: growth limited
Team oriented/knowledge basted/skilled supervisors/up to date technology/on sight training/support staffing /outside source benefits/acknowledgement for job well done

1 2 3 4 5

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries