Progressive Employee Reviews

Great compensation and a fun, positive environment
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Gym, cafeteria, compensation and benefits, rewards and recognition
Cons: VERY high call volume, high stress level, system issues, outdated software, low morale
Starting out at this company, I immediately noticed the positive atmosphere. People were smiling and welcoming. Training was a blast and the people on my team were just phenomenal. Once you actually start taking phones, things change. There are many monthly and weekly metrics you must make on top of taking 70-120 calls a day. Most of these calls were dealing with company or other service consultant's mistakes. The call volume is always back to back no matter what day it is, and if you do have a slow day, they send all of the early shifts home so the call volume goes right back up. Most of your phone calls are very irate customers and rate increases. The company is more worried about selling their products rather than providing excellent customer service. Selling products to irate customers proved to be a very difficult and high stress level task. This job is not for everyone. Most people quit within 6 months, and most of those people either walked out, or just never came back. There was some sort of systems issue almost every single day which made it very difficult to do your job. If you like a call center atmosphere, and high call volume, I would definitely consider this company.
Workplace with an interesting dynamic
Claims Loss Reporting Rep (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OhioAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not enough opportunities for advancement
The work environment seemed tense and times. We seemed to be generally understaffed. there were good benefits and competitive wages. My expectations were a lot different from when I started working and from when I ended my employment. I feel that there weren't many incentives to make employees want to work harder. Very numbers driven. Not enough opportunities for advancement.
Fast - paced.
Claims Admin Specialist Int. (Current Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hectic
Fast - paced - energetic - constant. I have enjoyed claims - sounds crazy - but I have. I am willing to continue on - or try something new.
Good Place to work if you want to stay in one position
Subrogation Adjuster (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 15, 2015
When I first started at Progressive, there was alot of opportunity to move throughout the company. Now it is very hard to move throughout the company.
Great job for younger people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLAugust 13, 2015
Very demanding, great for college kids to make some extra income. Took the job while looking for a job in my preferred career.
If you get the right manager / coach it st great. However not everymanager should be in management.
Blended Representative (Former Employee), Mayfield, OHAugust 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: new meaning to micro manage
Flexible schedule. Insurance package is ok. Vision plan is excellent. Very cut throat place to work at. You always feel like you are being watched. You are not allowed to think for yourself.
Fast paced environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Take lunches and breaks when you feel like it.
Cons: Too much workload.
Progressive Insurance is a fast paced environment. The management is great. You have an extremely large workload and you have to be on top of your game to keep up.
Excellent teammates
Claims Rep (Current Employee), Mayfield Village,ohAugust 10, 2015
A fast paced work environment with excellent teammates. My colleagues were like family, helping each other in getting task completed.
Family orientated office and atmosphere
Office Manager (Current Employee), Taneytown, MDAugust 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, company and health benefits
Cons: micro-manage work by supervisors
A typical day at work would be managing the claims processors and their daily activities. I would also interact with senior level management to assist each of them with tasks requested of me. Once I moved into the position of Medical Claims Adjuster, my main responsibility would be assisting customers that were injured in motor vehicle accidents by considering reimbursement of medical expenses if they sought treatment for injuries as well as consider reimbursement of lost wages if they were unable to work.
good place to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee), texasAugust 8, 2015
good place to work but just wanted to for a change in the environment. Work environment is also comfortable. Work is also good
Call center environment with supportive management team
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: On-site cafeteria, work out facility, and a dark room for relaxing.
Cons: Short breaks, nature of job (claims), call center.
Fun job culture at Progressive Insurance. Typical day as a claims representative can be hectic. 8 hours on a headset M-F. Every minute counts at your desk. Workload is manageable if you retain the knowledge and training during your three month probation period. Management is extremely helpful when in need of a new perspective. Co-workers are diverse and friendly. Hardest part of the job is managing your workload in the claims department. Very demanding, but also very rewarding. Most enjoyable part of the job is the employees you will interact with.
Drink the Koolaid
Customer Service (Former Employee), ColoradoAugust 4, 2015
Pros: you will be told its a geat place to work, open your eyes. Artwork is pleasing
Cons: 100% of working in this company is a Real Con
Low pay, no raises
Heavy workload
Outdated systems, software and technology
Loss of company founder has greatly diminished work life in office.
Position is very technical and training lacks effectiveness
High burn out rate
Intro salary is not comparable to industry, fails to compensate!!!!!
productive, fun place to work, awesome management, on-site gym, gift shop, huge cafternia
Auditor I (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: awesome, caring co-workers who are there for you no matter what, the best Christmas Parties I have even seen. Management acknowledges your work and length of service
Cons: No longer working for Progressive Insurance other then that no cons.
Progressive is the best place in the world to work for, They are fact placed, dealing with in bound calls regarding auto and home insurance processing endorsement and resolve policy holder concerns. Than I was promoted to auditor which I reviewed the work and phone call of co-workers and advise of area of improvement as well as area they excel in. I just loved working for Progressive Insurance.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 27, 2015
Great place to work at for full-time with benefits, and pursuing a career. Became homemaker and had my daughter. Great co-workers. Made life-time friends.
Not a bad Company!
Central Log Claims Rep (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare pay
Cons: short breaks bad managers
A good company with pay and benefits but they do not care about their employees management lacked training and training classes needed to be better.
Amazing company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2015
Great coworkers and the environment is that of a family, I would not trade that portion for the world. Overall a great company with a strong commitment to the satisfaction of their employees.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ColoJuly 23, 2015
Pros: benefits and bonuses and schedules
Cons: none
Took incoming calls, insurance guidelines for every state, management was good, lively atmosphere and coworkers. I enjoyed the benefits and flexible schedules offered to the top performers
Amazing company to work for.
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2015
Amazing company to work for. Great coworkers and the environment is that of a family. would not trade that portion for the world.
Excellent company with a lot of demands for employees
Claims Generalist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Office parties, promotions galore
Cons: workload, benefits
Overall a great company with a strong commitment to the satisfaction of their employees. Unfortunately the work load is unmanageable for most of the employees which causes a high turn over rate. When employees quit it creates more work for their already overworked ex- coworkers.
It's pretty much the norm to be "behind" on your workload.
Management continues to hire the wrong kind of people for this job. This isn't a job for the straight out of college, "I've never had a full time job" type.
The starting pay is attractive
Benefits are average
Coworkers and management are great people
Prepare to work overtime
High level of integrity
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, compensation, positive work environment
I loved my job and the level of integrity shown by employees at all levels. In addition, the work environment has been unmatched by any company I have worked for in the past or present.
Headquarters