Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,197 reviews matching the search
Smart People, Fun Environment
Digital Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2017
Great environment with a ton of incredibly smart people. The benefits are great although I'd say the salary is slightly below average.

Culture is amazing and the CEO does a great job communicating company information.
Over worked
Casualty Bodily Injury Litigation Examiner (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2017
Was let go due to a medical issue. Don't recommend if you want a life of any sort or have children or any sort of medical condition. Great people but horrible work conditions.
Fun and productive workplace. We had picnics, bowling and short field trips to counteract any stress from the actual work environment.
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 21, 2017
Fast paced work environment with a lot of time spent on the road to meet with insureds and claimants and meet the company's time and accuracy requirements for resolution. Increased my skill level on multitasking. Good compensation package.
Pros
Catered free lunches to bring exployees together to build friendships and relieve stress.
Cons
High expectations set for productivity to exceed other companies in the field of insurance.
Great place to work, poor management
Customer Service (Personal Lines Isolated States) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
They have a great extensive training program. Easy to move around, not as easy to move up. Its a faced paced job that you work with as much detail as possible. the management is not helpful and rarely even available. The hardest part is the never ending stream of incoming calls. The best part of the job is all of the amenities and groups.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management
PIP Claims Adjsuter
MEDICAL CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 19, 2017
Started as a claims trainee, but was thrown into an adjusters position within the first week. Quickly learned to become a PIP adjuster. Great pay & benefits. Excellent company culture. Everyday was something new.
You are just a number
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2017
With all the hype about open door and challenging things. Don't do it. Managers take things personally. Open door is used to their advantage. Company used to be a great place, now it is full of bean counters. Progressive used to be an IT company that sold insurance. They are now all about processes and paperwork. Management is marching to a different beat than the employees.
Pros
Culture of the employees
Cons
Managers will lie to your face. Keep things to themselves.
fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights OhioJune 16, 2017
great company great benefits fun job functions good people to work with good hours and locations job can get stressful at times high call volume and nice people to work with family envionment
Pros
good work events
Cons
very stressful work
Good people; good company
IT DISASTER RECOVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 15, 2017
Solid company with great people to work with. Limited advancement opportunities in Colorado Springs due to headquarters located in Cleveland, OH. The company is positioned to continue gaining ground on its competitors and will more than likely surpass Nationwide Insurance as the number 3 insurance provider in the U.S.
Cool Place to Work- It's a Check
Commercial Lines Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2017
If you can read and follow directions this is honestly a walk in the park job. You sit down all day and answer phones and service insurance policies for agents and customers.
Extensive work load, no work life balance
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, NJJune 13, 2017
no work life balance
management supportive
culture is non existent
hardest part is to complete impossible tasks
enjoyable part is to see how we effect people on a day to fday
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
12-16 our work days and required weekends
Great Company Great Cowoerkers completely infexible attendence policy.
Multi Product Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 13, 2017
I honestly enjoyed working at Progressive more than just about any other job I've ever had.

I truly believe that they care about the employees, especially in the department that I worked in.

Obviously you are going to have exceptions to the rule and I'm sure that you'll find some folks that had issues with Progressive but I have worked for a few large corporations in the banking and insurance industries and Progressive by far was the most respectful of the employees and truly made an effort to provide a good environment to work in.

Having said that, In what I can only assume is a grossly misguided attempt to provide a flexible attendance policy ended up being inflexible and confusing and has cost some people their jobs (including myself) and not only for being late or absent. Since the system is used to request time off is so antiquated and clunky, it does not always work as expected.

For example. Say someone requests same day time off, something that is often available and 100% acceptable to do, even encouraged at times during slow periods. If this person submits the request from home in the AM and the "system" takes a couple of hours(rather than usual the 15 to 30 sec) to process and it doesn't process until after the time requested, the request is declined and you have an unexcused absence or "occurrence". This the case even when it was submitted far in advance and clearly would have been approved had it cycled through before the start of the requested time.

I don't blame Progressive because the policy is the policy and I knew what it was before hand
  more... and did not manage these quirks in the system properly. I had a few absences due to health issues that could not be avoided.

My only complaint is that In the end my downfall was due to technical issues with the scheduling system and Progressive work force managements black and white policy that considers skipping work for a day of drinking at the beach to be the same as a day in the ER or a small computer glitch.

Hopefully this gets corrected in the future or Progressive will continue to lose good employees over something that has no relation to how well the do their job.
Pros
Many
Cons
Scheduling/Attendance systems and policy.
No light at the end of the tunnel
Claims Adjuster I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2017
Progressive is a great company filled with great people. They have a decent benefits program and Gainshare is great for anyone who can last long enough to get it. That is about all the good there is about this job. Too much work for any one person. No time for brakes. Many feel like the only way to avoid being buried in work is to come in on days off. Work/Life balance is nonexistent unless you consider 55-60 hour work weeks without lunch brakes work/life balance.

Mgmt always promises that they have a solution for the heavy workload and assure us there is light at the end of the tunnel, but believe me- it is pitch black in here.

Run. Save yourself. Take less money and work fast food before considering this job. It is as if your favorite person alive is running a plantation.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 12, 2017
The workplace is fine, there is room for improvement. The benefits are great pay is great as well. For a company that has over 1,000 employees they have great business ethics.
Great pay, and great attempt to be a "laid back employer."
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2017
The pay is great; however, is you are in personal lines service, expect to take about 75 to 95 calls a day, and never get a break in between. You are able to take your breaks and lunches at any time; however, if everyone decides to go at the same time, there is no real WFM to get agents back on the phone. They are definitely a laid back employer; however, I think they are too laid back.
Pros
Ability to control your own breaks/lunches
Cons
Constant calls on hold and customers are ridiculously irrational.
A typical day here
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJune 11, 2017
There is no typical day. Everyday will be different. A lot of work when you're in claims but company is great. Just be prepared for a total change after academy. Ask questions and be willing to learn.
Daily Life
Claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 11, 2017
Working at Progressive Insurance is not like any job I have ever held. The atmosphere is one in which everyone wants you to succeed. From the moment you sign the intent letter to the options that are available to you across the country, from the person sitting next to you to the CEO everyone wants what is best for you. Now this comes with a sense of work ethic, duty and mission accomplishment. You can not just show up at Progressive. You must want to succeed yourself, you must ask questions, you must set goals, you must take ownership for your success. When you do this, everyone else also wants you to succeed.
Pros
Atmosphere, people, job
Service Consultant
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 11, 2017
I believe this job is a great entry level position. Everyone is so happy to be at work. Very helpful. I only wish that they paid more for being such a competitive job.
Amazing company to work for.
Senior Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2017
Amazing company to work for. Everyone is passionate about their work. People stay in the company for decades. Awsme work culture and good compensation.
Fun Work Place
Claims Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 10, 2017
Working at progressive was fun an interesting. Training was three weeks long in which i spend two of those weeks in Arizona and one week in Ohio. They take good care of you at training and teach you everything you need to know to be successful in your position.
Pros
good pay, earned time off each pay period, work independently
Cons
work load is ridiculous, can't take time off without getting backed up in work
I only worked a temp position for a few months
Legal Assistant/Temp (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 8, 2017
Nice place to work for the short time that I worked. I enjoyed working with Christine Moore. I really don't have much more I can tell. Nice quite place with no stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.