Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

Difficult place to work if one is highly educated
Claims Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2016
Progressive does not value advanced degrees or CPCU designations which, unfortunately, slowed my career. Moreover, most managers from branch to regional were most unprofessional, often boorish and even buffoonish. To be frank, it seemed most of the male managers still thought they were in a fraternity house and acted accordingly. For example, cherry bombs were exploded in the parking lot, men would use the women's restrooms, cursing and outright yelling at employees was common, etc.

It is a good job for someone just graduating from college but I would not suggest staying longer than three years.
Pros
good starter job for a college graduate
Cons
Highly unprofessional work environment
good
Auto insurance Contact Center Representatives (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2016
good work environment
management is good also
got a good health plan and benefits
and good scheduling
energetic and helpful people
It was a place for younger generations who did not mind working a different shift everyday.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
I started just out of high school, working there for a total of 5.5 years. It was amazing because I love art. The cons for that job, is that when I got married, there was no lee-way in taking time off.
Great employees and team enviroment
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tampa floridaAugust 17, 2016
A typical work day consists of helping customer through difficult times.
Setting up repairs to their vehicles and setting up rentals.
I learned a lot in how a call center operates and the flow of how to handle difficult situations.
Management is extremely helpful they want you to succeed.
Co-workers are great they are fun to work with and very helpful when in need of resolving problems or just day to day tasks.
The hardest part of the job is workload you must stay focused or you won't be successful.
The best part of the job is when you help someone through their difficult situations and you are successful in doing so.
Pros
Great people, great benefits
Cons
Early on it will be very time consuming, it will get easier if you are focused.
Great Company & Benefits/ Inventory is too high
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2016
Inventory is too high. New employees are not given the time to learn how to manage the workload. No work/life balance or I would've stayed. Co-workers were awesome!
Pros
Benefits / bonuses
Cons
High Inventory/ 50-60 hours needed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, OHAugust 14, 2016
Overall a good company. Gainishare is the end of the year bonus that keeps you motivated. Long hours management is always changing
Pros
discounts, healthcare, fitness center, free parking
Cons
long hours, high turn over rate
OK place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 14, 2016
Needs better management and bidders. No 401K co-workers are great.

Long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills.
Cons
family owned minimal advancement
pass this one up
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2016
Rules are different for every body
Typical day is you answer phones
Great co workers

Micro managed

Better learn insurance before coming in
Pros
many shifts to work
Cons
split days off
Intense negotiating skills and results produce personal rewards
All Lines Property Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 12, 2016
A typical day includes planning for inside and outside activities. Co-workers are great people and fun to work with, Hardest part of the job is negotiating claims but the enjoyable part is the reward of resoluton.
Pros
challenge
Progressive Insurance Company work experience
SIU Special Investigator II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
Progressive Insurance is a very fast paced work environment. First line management is not dependable & not trained enough to adequately handle needs of their assigned employees. Progressive is prone to eliminate positions without any notice, once the profitability level becomes strained for the company. Gainsharing bonuses were always a plus. Work load was never balanced with employees life balance.
Very Progressive Environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2016
Great coworkers and team. The Company environment and culture is amazing. Always busy and supportive growth.
Time flies because there is always something to do.
always incorporated fun things into your work day like picinics and ice cream socials
cutomer info rep (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHAugust 3, 2016
i probablly learned the most for the 17 years i was employeed at progessive. namely customer service skills and professionalism. you had to adapt to change because progressive is constantly changing.i learned a lot about office procedures and computers. i worked with many different nationalties, races and ethnic backgrounds so diversity is very important to adapt to. the most enjoyable part of my job is the people who are always willing to step in and help with any issues that might arise.
Pros
gymn on site
Cons
downsizing
One of the best jobs I have ever had
Client Server Operations Analyst, SR III (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 2, 2016
Times change and so does Progressive. When the 2008-2009 crunch hit, adjustments needed to be made. However for the 9 years I was there, I enjoyed the environment, my supervisors skills, and was glad to go to work, every day. I would go back there in a moments noitice
Pros
Pay, benefits, environment
Cons
managment changed
fast paced high volume
profit sharing
customer service driven
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2016
very easy paced job. loved working for progressive. management was always there when needed. Learned alot working with progressive.
Fun place to work, Work load made it impossible to stay!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 30, 2016
I worked in the claims department. Progressive was a great place to work. However, the amount of work that one person is expected to do is outrageous. You are on salary, so there is no overtime pay, and you will have to work over about 4-5 days a week to keep up. You get so many claims at a time that you can not hardly keep up unless you come in early and leave late, which is what I was doing.
I was told that the claims load would slow down, but that did not ever happen. I would get slammed with so many claims that I could not finish in a day. If they would spread the claims out and not give one person so much work to do, I would have stayed there forever. However, I'm not about to work 55-60 hours a week with no overtime pay and never see my family because my work load is so high. Maybe in the future they will see that it is hard for a single person to do the work that you need 2-3 people doing. After speaking with management I know that nothing will change anytime soon. Work load was to much and I had to resign.
Benefits
Cons
Work load & Working 55-60 hours a week to keep up and not being compensated for it.
Interview process
Applicant for CSR (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 26, 2016
Just writing to weigh in so as to share my own experience as well as my opinion regarding both the online assessment and the telephone interview process.
Both were exceedingly lengthy and rather complicated. I spent quite a lot of time in order to adequately attempt to prepare myself by conducting my own research and trying to have some per-planned responses for the interview. I hold a college degree and am also an experienced customer service representative yet was told that based upon further evaluating my information after the telephone interview I would not be advanced forward for further consideration. However, the recruiter lead me to believe otherwise based upon the feedback which I received upon commencing the interview. I was not only shocked by was rather concerned by the screening tactics implemented and not quite sure I was properly evaluated. I feel this company is overlooking quite a large group of qualified individuals who might make wonderful employees. Progressive needs to modify their rigid and rather secretive behavioral screening process for seasoned adults workers. I gather they want someone with little to no experience so that they can mold the individual to their own standards and needs. Good luck if you should become chosen to advance forward- I think you may be in for quite a stressful environment that may be rather rigid.
Standard call center
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2016
Micro management not for me. The company is good and cares for its employees, I was very impressed by that. The office environment is very nice and comfortable.
Pros
Good to its employees
Cons
Micro Management
job is too stressful
Progressive Home Advantage Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 22, 2016
After 17 years with the company, I decided that I had enough of Corporate bs and micro management and decided to go see what else is out there.

They are hiring inexperienced people for the same rate they paid me, an MVP for the past 5 years.

Apply only if you're really desperate for a job
Cons
expected to go to the bathroom on your own time
Unprofessional (Termination)
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL WestshoreJuly 21, 2016
Started in January as a temp employee.Was terminated in July. Had an extensive interview with Progressive,didn't pass wasn't hired as a permanent employee.Months later another opportunity came along,my supervisor said I could reapply but again would have to take the telephone interview,and the one on one interview again! At this time I told her I wanted to decline,but maybe next round I would reapply.I told her at this time I wasn't ready,and seriously had some doubts about working here permanently. Weeks later, I spoke to a recruiter for advice,went back to my supervisor and told her I had a change of heart,and would like to be considered for the next round of interviews for the CP1 Claims Position.When I was there I was out sick 1 day, 99%on time.Was friendly, upbeat,sometimes a little too loud. But when I look back I enjoyed for the most part my co-workers! I however did not feel comfortable around some of the managers! I know in the State of Florida,employers do NOT need to give a TRUE reason for termination.However,it is too say the least really unprofessional,and sad that my recruiter called me on a Sunday morning informing me that I was terminated!!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Tedious position! No offers to advance, or help with other duties.