Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

Great place to work, excellent enviroment.
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Madison, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Wonderful place that treats their employees right,
Great balance of work & personal life.
Greay pay and benefits, will work you like a dog
Claims Branch Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2014
room for advancement, long hours in most states, micromanagement at it's finest.
Intense job duties, great work enviroment
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Direct management was great. The hardest part was dealing with corporate guidelines that did not allow for very much independent thinking and problem solving. However, being able to help people and complete investigations was very rewarding.
productive and enjoyable place to work
HHA home health aide (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
I really enjoyed helping people. It made me feel good to know that i was making someone else. the look on people face when i come in in the morning.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great coworkers.
Cons: distance too far.
I enjoyed my time with Progressive but the distance traveled each day, to and from work, was too far. The position allowed me the chance to work with many different types of people. The company was very open and honest and willing to work around schedules as needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to memorize the constant changing of insurance – more... standards for every state. The most enjoyable part was being able to help many different customer needs everyday, this allowed me to connect with different types of people in different states, depending on their needs. – less
N/a
Customer Service Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee), Riverview, FLSeptember 8, 2014
typical day at work was answering inquiries about auto insurance policies. Making payments, calling independent agents and providing them support on customer inquiries.
Wonderful work environment.
Claims Generalist (Former Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 31, 2014
It was enjoyable to go to work everyday. Employees were empowered to make business decisions.
Claims Generalist- Eastern Virtual Unit (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJAugust 29, 2014
Pros: management is great, opportunities
Cons: claims handling can be very long hours especially in summers
Progressive has a ton of opportunities for advancement as well as a wonderful work environment. I love the people I work with.
Great place to work.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 29, 2014
Customer Service, answering calls, helping customers with insurance policies. Taking payments, adding/deleting vehicles answering all type of policy inqueries.
Diversified
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 25, 2014
They try to take care of their employees but used to do it a lot better than they do now.
Progressive Pays very well and expects a lot. Iselin work location was very unpredictable and unorganized. Managment was not very supportive.
Administrative Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Iselin, NJAugust 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: unrealistic goals with regard to office procedures
Typical work day was very busy because of strict deadlines and office policies and procedures sometimes of unrealistic expectations.
Great company to work for if you are in the right office and work environment.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHAugust 18, 2014
Call taking.Prolonged sitting while answering calls in a large call center.Hardest part of the job is dealing with the monotony of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job is receiving calls from people all over the country.
Working there
Senior Claims Adjuster Intermediate (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 15, 2014
It is a busy place to work. It used to be a great place to work. It is no longer that way. There is not respect from management to the employees
Great entry-level position, teaches about corporate-driven standards
Fire and Theft Claims Representative (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAAugust 10, 2014
The best part about working for Progressive is my colleagues. They typically have similar interests and have common personality traits. Days are spent mostly in a cubicle-type set up with a computer and phone. You are assigned claims throughout the day and depending on your tenure level, you are given instruction/direction on some of the more complex – more... coverage and/or liability scenarios. Progressive has a job objectives throughout handling of the claim that include timeliness of our initial contact with customers, positive customer experience and overall accuracy. My current position is within a virtual team, where team members and leadership are scattered in different states and all communication is done via email, webinars, phone conferences, etc. As a Progressive employee for seven years, I appreciate the autonomous aspect that the virtual team brings, as I am self-motivated and need very little direction to achieve positive outcomes for customers while exceeding corporate standards. – less
Fun
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee), OhAugust 9, 2014
Great..................................................................................................................................................................................
progressive in thinking
Contact Center Manager (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHAugust 9, 2014
eighty percent of the day is coaching employees on how to meet goals and objectives, using tools and reports to help motive and provide feedback, while creating a positive work environment.

Interview candidates for potential hiring along disciplinary action if needed.
Things are changing for the worse
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 7, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, gym, game rooms, and sleep rooms on site.
Cons: they are making a lot of changes at once and all they care about now is profit
I have worked at progressive for 3 years and at first I love it. They were flexible with schedules, the calls were not back to back every single day, the benefits were great and the metrics were reasonable. Now they keep adding new metrics every 6 months or so and they do not increase your pay. I'm sorry but to me more work=more pay is a very simple – more... concept. WE LITERALLY HAVE HUNDREDS of calls in cue everyday with only a few seconds in between because of acw and again no pay increase. Furthermore they have a holistic approach that is not consistent between supervisors. They do try to keep employees happy by giving us little incentives but they used to treat their employees better and care less about money. Now everything is all about money and less about employees and customers. Even really tenured people are tired of the stress we are being put through. Progressive should have been hiring more people awhile ago and they should have gave people better schedules coming in. Their forecasting is way off and is completely irresponsible. My love for progressive has quickly turned to regret, disappointment and hate. I'm going to leave very soon as I suspect many others will also. I'm a reasonable person but I am not a robot. – less
progressive
Claims Generalist Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAAugust 6, 2014
great company to work for no work life balance.
• Investigate accident scenes and determine liability
• Research accident scenes
• Provide customer communication and connection to assure customer is well informed
Work/life balance
Licensed Producer (Current Employee), ColoradoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules and incentives and work from home opportunities
Great company with good benefits and a great attitude! Many opportunities within the Sales contact center.
Productive and very family oriented
Claims Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 2, 2014
My work day consisted of helping customers at the window with signing their paperwork correctly. I took care of the faxes, data entry, and the mail. I also copied litigation files and did filing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more