Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Management / No work life balance
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 29, 2016
The workload is crazy and the compensation is not worth the sacrifices
The Ft. Lauderdale office is a nightmare
Its like being a part of a cult if you don't drink the cool aide they black ball you
Advancement opportunities are available when they want only to positions they want
there is a lot of nepotism going on, your good work will never get you anywhere if your supervisor or manager does not like you
excellent numbers don't matter if you don't play the game you are invisible and will not get promoted
Pros
Ok benefits, healthcare is good
Cons
Horrible Work Schedule
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2016
Progressive was a good company to work for. They look out for their employees and provide flexibility to accommodate work/life balance. I found it difficult to advance. There were plenty of opportunities for lateral movements, but not many for advancement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement
Great Company
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMarch 29, 2016
It is a wonderful company, excellent benefits, pay is great, most enjoyable part of the job is of course the pay and the year end bonus least favorite part or hardest part would be spending the entire day on the telephone. If you are not accustomed to being on the phone all day it is difficult to do.
Pros
On site gym, quiet rooms, excellent benefits, on site health care
Cons
High stress
Best company to work for
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2015
I'm a Service Consultant who services auto policies which entails explaining rate increases, processing policy changes, reinstating policies and things of that nature. I've been with the company a little over a year and have already been promoted to become a Chat Rep and I can not be any happier. The benefits are great, the dress code is super relaxed and the environment is family-friendly, and your job is secure as long as you do it. There are soooo many reps that have been there going on 10, 12, 15, 20 years, so the company is more than stable. I've had over 20 jobs and nothing beats this one!!
Pros
1.5 hr lunch, competitive pay, no micromanagement, over-time
Cons
Non
corporate culture is great, but not realized locally
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 27, 2016
The company as a whole has a great idea and plan, but there is poor management on a local level that creates a uncomforatable atmosphere to work in. Employees aren't treated fairly and there is a fear of retailiation.
Pros
Great corporate atmopshere, good compensation
Cons
hours are very long
There is a reason they pay so well
claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 19, 2015
The work itself is not particularly difficult. If you are good at problem solving, critical thinking, negotiation, and assertive decision making you will be successful.
The work load is unrealistic, which causes your work/life balance to become all work and no life. The annual salary saves the company from paying overtime to each adjuster, because you will work overtime regularly (read: daily) to get through your workload.
Pros
Great coworkers, great pay
Cons
Little time away from work
excellent for entry level
Insurance Agent (Direct Sales) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2016
If you are new to insurance the training program is amazing, great environment for a call center. However, there are too many people for reasonable advancement beyonbd the entry level, many persons waiting for the better part of a decade or longer to receive any advancement or raises.
Pros
training
Cons
call center
Fun work place
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 6, 2016
Nice place to work ,good company with a lot of room for advancement. Pay and benefits could be better , but over all a good place to work .
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great place to start a long career
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2015
Wonderful culture. Progressive has been voted a top 5 Workplace to be employed at in the Tampa Bay area for 6 years straight. My day consisted of speaking to prospective and current customers regarding their insurance needs. The management was top-notch with a great work-life balance. I enjoyed my coworkers knowledge and helpfulness. The hardest part of the job was to deal with catastrophic auto accidents. The most enjoyable part of the job was to receive a thank you for a job well done.
Pros
Year End Bonus, Games, Recognition, Room for advancement
Cons
Very intensive learning at the beginning of career
Great place to work, so many perks!
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 7, 2016
They offer great benefits to their employees they really care! On a typical day you work with customers or potential customers and help them with issues. Progressive offers top pay for the experienced employees.
Great Culture, Great Pay
Multiline Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  NortheastMarch 31, 2016
Progressive is an absolutely amazing company to work for. No insurance company can beat them for pay, culture, and work environment.

There are two different worlds in claims- the field and the call centers. If you come in with a bachelors degree to the "Claims Adjuster Trainee" role, as I did, you will have a great time and get promoted quickly. But if you come into one of the call centers as a "Claims Representative" you may stay there for a long time.

On balance, call-center people ARE happier than at other insurance companies, but its still a grind.

People do get promoted out to the field from the call centers- but only the best of the best. We had someone promoted to our field office from Cleveland and after her first 3 months she was #5 in the state. You can make it with a high-school degree but you have to be exceptionally talented and hard working.

Any job in claims where you are on salary will involve long hours. I would have given 3 stars for work/life balance but they have a lot of family-friendly policies like paid parental leave. On balance they are very accommodating if you have children. Still, claims isn't for everyone. During busy times you might work 12 hour days. On the bright side, you can leave early when there aren't too many claims coming in.

Probably my favorite thing about working for Progressive is the freedom to work how I want. I don't have scripts or call metrics and I can talk to my customers like a human being. After doing well in the trainee role, I've been promoted and get to handle unusual and unique claims. No two
  more... days are alike.  less
Pros
Gaineshare, Salary, Culture, Independence
Cons
Long Hours
Progressive was great!
Inside Sales and Licensed Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMarch 17, 2016
I loved working for this company. My hours were flexible, my team was outstanding, my position was not stressful, and the company offer amazing benefits
Great place to work.
Processing Sr POC (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHDecember 24, 2015
Has a great work/life balance. Can work from home up to 4 days per week. Offers Gainshare, great benefits. Hard to move up in the company. Better off leaving the company and then coming back.
Pros
work from home
Cons
nearly impossible to move up in the company from Customer Service
Great company to work for
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Progressive is great company to work for. It provides great benefits as well as a many opportunities for growth within.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 24, 2015
Awesome Place To Work / Relaxed Atmosphere/ Great Co Workers Great opportunity for advancement / Great Management Team / Excellent Working Conditions / Good Training Program
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Wonderful place to work with a great work atmoshpere
Customer Service/ Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHDecember 16, 2015
Helping customers is the best part of the day knowing that I helped solve any possible issues with policies and helping with endorsements on auto policies.
Benefits
Cons
Management is not consistent
Progressive
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2016
A great place to work decent compensation hours are long but over all a great place.
management is good
have learned a lot working there
cons
pros
Excellent company with a lot of demands for employees
Claims Generalist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2015
Overall a great company with a strong commitment to the satisfaction of their employees. Unfortunately the work load is unmanageable for most of the employees which causes a high turn over rate. When employees quit it creates more work for their already overworked ex- coworkers.
It's pretty much the norm to be "behind" on your workload.
Management continues to hire the wrong kind of people for this job. This isn't a job for the straight out of college, "I've never had a full time job" type.
The starting pay is attractive
Benefits are average
Coworkers and management are great people
Prepare to work overtime
Pros
Office parties, promotions galore
Cons
workload, benefits
Workplace with an interesting dynamic
Claims Loss Reporting Rep (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OhioAugust 24, 2015
The work environment seemed tense and times. We seemed to be generally understaffed. there were good benefits and competitive wages. My expectations were a lot different from when I started working and from when I ended my employment. I feel that there weren't many incentives to make employees want to work harder. Very numbers driven. Not enough opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement
great place to work if you have the right supervisor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for Progressive, however, if I would have had more supportive coworkers and better management, the experience would have been much more enjoyable. The benefits and work/life balance were excellent.