Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,154 reviews matching the search
Good place to start
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 21, 2017
Progressive was a decent place to learn the business. Their training was very thorough but not always realistic. At least in my branch we worked well as a team. Pay was low for all the work that they expected.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
No overtime with a heavy workload
A Cutthroat environment and very numbers driven
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2017
I felt like I was sold on the culture and I was sold on the benefits. I was also sold on the job role and what it entails. However, when I hit the sales floor it was completely Cut Throat and there's a lot more to your role then you're sold on it in the beginning.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
They sell you on a culture. They sell a work environment that seems great. However, once you're in you quickly realize it's a call center like any other. You're a number not a person.
Progressive Insurance Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2017
From what I can recall tons of information; they were not organized into pc's like today so it was a longer call. This was frustrating for both customer and agents. I was not there that long because I got engaged and my former husband had an executive level job so we moved to Florida where I reside today. It was extremely fast paced with calls back to back to back which made my head spin making it difficult to concentrate on new issue. Co-workers and boss were friendly and we did get free lunch in a nice cafeteria. I was not so sad to leave that job it was tough but formed great experience for customer service and management and related opportunities.
Pros
Decent check, free lunches
Cons
Demanding, tough to concentrate
Passive aggressive management style
FIRE AND THEFT INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  FLMay 18, 2017
You are judged on metrics that are often out of your control. You are expected to review estimator work product as if you are their manager. If the customer feels like the estimator gave a low ball car value they will tank your survey and even if there's no evidence of poor handling on your part you are held accountable for another employee's work product and forced to give reasons on what you could have done to prevent the negative score. Customer surveys are paramount in this position. If you want to learn how to detect fraud thus wanting to pursue a role in SIU in the future this is a great position. The most enjoyable part is the overall investigation portion because fraud detection is interesting especially when a customer is trying to commit fraud.
great work environment
Insurance Adjuster - Claims Contact Rep Sr (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2017
employees encouraged to have a life outside of the work place and were provided with tons of amenities and perks that brought you back each day. Corporate seems to have the best of intentions.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMay 17, 2017
Work day is typically productive. I've learned a lot. Management is great. Job is enjoyable, very diverse, overall good atmosphere, and welcoming environment.
had to work overtime to keep up with work load
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2017
This company paid well and had good benefits but the communication to do your job was cliquish and selective (who you drank with). The upper management was very good but middle management played favorites
Pros
good salary, good benefits
Cons
hard to keep up
a day
Medical Coder I (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 16, 2017
Very out going people to work with. Great environment to work in. Very flexible with hours and schedules. On the computer most of the day though. You sit a lot
Progressive Insurance Claims
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 16, 2017
Working at the Texarkana branch of Progressive Claims was one of the most rewarding job opportunities I have had.
This job at the time was part time employment but the feel in the office was full time joy.
The management was the best and co-workers valued your time there. Customer service was exampled to each and every person who walked through the door daily. I give this business a 12 out of a 10 scale!
Pros
Great work environment
I was not there for very long
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 15, 2017
I was hired as a claims processor. Mainly just did filing, mail, answered phones, ordered police reports and ran errands for the office manager. Office was small and not very many people.
great place to work
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2017
handle calls from agents and commercial customers. handle billing questions and make changes to policy's as needed. make changes to and update records
Learned lots about the insurance industry
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 11, 2017
The job helps you surf multiple programs at one time. You learn different coverages and insurance ins & outs. cross sell other products and identify additional coverages that might be needed.
Pros
work from home
Cons
research requires lots of time when a policy has errors or needs correction
Auto Liability Claims Processing
Auto Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2017
If you enjoy claims processing and handling a large volume of auto accidents, you would enjoy this position. You wear many hats in this role and it is a burn out position after awhile. However, you gain valuable insight into auto accidents and the investigation and interviewing of people is interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding to help customers
Cons
High volume of accidents to investigate - stressful
Stressful with a not so great schedule
CLRU Rep (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2017
I've worked for Progressive for almost two years. I had hoped by now to get a better schedule which I've gotten denied for each and every schedule request I have submitted. There are some amazing managers here, however after being put on a different team my newest manager is horrible. Call volume can be insanely crazy and stressful but I guess that is a typical call center environment. There are advancement opportunities available but not many. The annual raises are in extremely small increments. Medical insurance provided comes with really high deductibles.
Pros
Starting pay is good
Cons
Stressful environment. Work life balance needs improvement
Working with the People
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39211May 10, 2017
Assisted the general public with information and directed them to the appropriate department and personnel. Processed incoming mail and outgoing to the respective departments. Prepared and typed accident reports from recorded information provided by agents in the field.
Pros
Working with the public.
Cons
No cons
Productive work place
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2017
Progressive Life Center is a non profit human service agency. They change lives and have the evidence to prove it. It's a great agency and all staff are team players.
Great pay but very repeatitve work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2017
Typical work day includes answering calls for eight hours. I definitely learn patience working there. Management is a hit or miss, all supervisors do micro-manage so be used to someone constantly watching over your shoulders even if you are a top performer. Progressive does have a few employee appreciation days so that helps. The customers are honestly the worst part of the job, I understand that insurance is a pain but these customers will tear you apart over a few bucks. Also the attendance policy is pretty strict.
The most enjoyable part of the job will be your coworkers. I would NEVER recommend this job to my worst enemy!
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
bad management, rude customers
Good company to work for.
Sales Consultant / Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMay 9, 2017
It was a phone based sales job in a corporate office environment. Overall it is a good company to work for but I need to branch out to more challenging work.
Productive and Engaging environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHMay 8, 2017
The CORE Values of the company are what really makes it stand out. The way they structure their expectations of their employees truly ensures they have the best people on their team! If you enjoy group activities, this place really knows how to break up the monotony of the average "work day".

Having two young children at home really made it hard to stay in the position, and really is the only reason I separated from the company!
Pros
Leadership and Structure, Access to some of the most beautiful artwork! Just by being in the hallways!!!
Cons
Work/Life Balance is hard with young children
Started off OK..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2017
Progressive has an extremely high turnover, like any call center. They try to disguise it with great culture and fun activities but at the end of the day their main concern is metrics. More recently, the service position has become much more SALES based, however they also disguise this as just another service metric, while their goals for sales are getting higher and higher. They do not realize the stress they put on employees, as a lot of them are struggling to meet their sales goals (in a customer service job.) It began to feel like they don't care if you are helping the customer effectively anymore, but just, "you could have offered them this." Rates constantly go up on the customers with not much of an explanation, but the employee is expected to take the hit constantly and tell them it is due to cost of business going up.

They hold an annual shift bid, where once a year they completely stress out their employees by making them select and bid on schedules based on the ranking the employee received. You may start with a great schedule, but if you aren't in the top ranks of your position come bid time, you will most likely end up with a weekend schedule you don't want, but are forced to work. I know many people who have had to quit because they couldn't arrange childcare based on the schedule they were given and forced to work.
Pros
Steady hours, benefits, cafeteria
Cons
Constant calls, Angry customers, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.