Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

Secure place of work
Claims Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: lack of development and to much politics
I supervise a team of 10 dispatchers who oversee the distribution of auto and special line vehicles including motorcycles, boats and RV’s for estimators in 11 states including Texas. We have the ability to work from home on Monday and Friday and then we are in the office Tuesday – Thursday. My immediate manager is based in California and is new to a – more... leadership role handling hourly reps. My fellow supervisor is also new to the role with less than 1 year of tenure. So adding this to the fact that this is a new group within Progressive it has been an exciting year and a half. I have a great schedule of Monday – Friday 6:30 to 3:30 AM.. Overall this is a reliable and secure company to work for. – less
A productive and fun place to work
SPANISH TRANSLATOR AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: health care benefits, gain sharing co workers
Cons: the pay was too low for the owrk
I learn to treat all people with respect and never judge them by what they wear or how they speak. The company did a great job in offering the employee great benefits and incentives.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
ADJUSTER/ESTIMATOR (Former Employee), DALLAS,TEXASApril 10, 2014
Pros: fun positive atmosphere
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, GREAT TRAINING AND MANAGEMENT AND VERY VERSITILE
Great Job
Security (Former Employee), Oak Park, MIApril 9, 2014
I enjoy doing security. It is one of the jobs that i can truly say that i enjoy.It has its concerns but at the end of the day you can see yourself doing for the long haul.
As far as call centers go, it's probably one of the best.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good job security, good benefits, relaxed environment
Cons: aloof management with unrealistic goals, arbitrary system limitations that frustrate rep and customer
Progressive does most things right as far as how it expects employees to interface with customers. Call handling is not a time metric used for your performance, Progressive expects you to solve the customer's problem completely without them having to call back, so that is the largest metric used.

You have a comfortable level of autonomy in decision – more... making once you have some tenure, and whenever Progressive DOES make a mistake, you're able to use powerful resources to get it corrected, including rush refunds to bank accounts, which is nice when dealing with irate customers.

The work load is heavy and taxing at times, and doesn't seem to be getting any better, however, this does provide a comfortable level of job security, as a frontline rep would have to do a world of wrong to be let go.

The management culture is fairly bad. Second tier and beyond are very aloof from the day in, day out job. None of them actually take calls or interact with customers but have very specific ideas about how you should be doing it yourself, often times very impractical and baffling. – less
Horrible Work Envoirnment
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 4, 2014
Cons: overworked, horrible managment, unrealistic expectations
I worked there at 2 different locations, and the politics and work life balance made this one of the worst jobs I have ever had. Everyone complains all day long, the Management is horrible. It seems the only people that are in management are those without a personality and very dry. They will buy you lunch 2x per week with the expectation that you sit – more... at your desk and eat and don't take any breaks.
If you want to be overworked and underpaid, go work at Progressive! – less
solid company with high standards
Senior Multi-Line Claim Representative - Ohio (Current Employee), Cincinnati , ohioApril 1, 2014
Pros: good support for employees, inclusive, diverse.
Cons: managing the stress is an ongoing challenge.
every day is fast paced. you thrive on handling claims superbly, and in providing each customer with the assistance they deserve. The best part of the job is the customers and my co-workers. The hardest part is the complexity of the claims resolution.
they give you so much work you do not have time for bathroom break
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
they give you more work than what you can do in 8 hours, and have very unrealistic expectations. be ready to work long hours with no work life balance. management expectations is not realistic for the work volume.
Fun with a diverse and dynamic atmosphere
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 26, 2014
Pros: job security
My work in auto insurance has provided me with inside knowledge of the unique business needs and culture of the insurance industry. Working as a claims representative in auto, I received valuable industry specific knowledge and experience within personal lines insurance. I have the ability to balance quality and efficiency while multi-tasking and working – more... in a fast paced environment. – less
Claims Adjuster
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 26, 2014
Great company, great people.
I'm moving on because I want a new career.
Growing company with lackluster management
Collector (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Progressive has huge market potential. It truly is an original idea when it comes to financing a credit challenged consumer market. However, recent changes to management have brought with it scattered policies and unbridled confusion. The company has grown top heavy and now has too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. It was a good company to work for – more... and an even better company to leave. – less
Great Company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Mayfield, OHMarch 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I loved working for Progressive and only left to go back to school and to help at my husbands office
Caring company but very competitive
Subrogation III rep (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: family orientated
Cons: difficult to advance
Great company to work for.
The company is very family orientated
The company employees a lot of employees so it can be very competitive and difficult to advance after a while.
great
Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 16, 2014
great............................................................................................................................................................................
Team Environment
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
-8 hours on the phone
-customer interactions
-fun people to work with
Hard dependable worker
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 11, 2014
A typical day consist of dealing with interal and external customers explaining billing questions, adding drivers, vehicles, and covearges to policies.
Avoid if possible.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoMarch 9, 2014
As a claims adjuster, you have a workload that never slows. On average, you receive from 4-8 claims per day, without regard to the complexity or time commitment differences in each case. As one manager stated, " You should always be comfortably behind".

The entry level salary is fair, but the metrics against which you are measured are skewed to the – more... corporation's benefit to avoid giving you a fitting raise; the bottom line is, they will nickel and dime you on your raises because you did not meet their unreasonable standards of productivity. – less
Great oportunities for advancement
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 7, 2014
I was oringinally hired on as a part of their support staff, but then they promoted me to a claims adjuster. I took the Texas Adjusters License certification and was able to learn more about the claims process. It was high stress and difficult to handle in the beginning, but was a great place to work.
Hard working and cordial work environment
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMarch 5, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: lack of growth opportunity
A typical day at work involves coverage and liability decision on auto claims. I have learned a number of different ways to cover auto claims and how to make the claims experience as easy as possible for all involved. Management was effective, but did not always have the best interest of their employees. Management makes it feel as if there is a class – more... system in place, frequently separating themselves from their teams. The most difficult part in this job is management of volume as a lot is placed on each individual adjuster within the office. The most enjoyable part of the job is the day flies by and there is never any boredom in place. It is a fast paced environment where there is a lot to be learned. – less
Fun Team Environment, Great People
Insurance Salesperson/Claims Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2014
work life balance is rewarded, great managers and people, awesome work from home programs

1 2 3 4 5

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more