Progressive

Progressive United States Employee Reviews

OK
Field Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2015
The job was relatively secure, and the co-workers were great. However, the corporate leadership was not employee-oriented. There are better options out there.
progressive is a great place
Estimator (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 30, 2015
I have worked for Progressive for 9 years. I have worked in the call center and in claims. Progressive as a company offers a lot of wonderful and competitive benefits.
Great Employess and Job Culture
CLAIMS GENERALIST (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 30, 2015
Compensation for job is competitive and the employees are great to be around. Very supportive staff and good holiday and vacation benefits.
Great atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Learning experience
All around this was a great experience, I loved the people I worked with they were so welcoming. Since I am great with computers I caught on to working the system fast and after a week I was sitting with clients and producing quotes. I will make sure to always use this company and would recommend to anyone
Very Anti replician company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), colorado springs coloradoApril 28, 2015
Pros: Going home
Cons: coming into work
They fire those with disability's, late once and you're fired without warning. poor training, no job advancement.aefg wiahg kquehfoipuqewu oweuahpouf hqewpoithwepouh g[ouaehpigaeh [owdo[klrgth spe;rgt wrty wrt5 wrty
Informative
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Hard to advance
Learned a lot about insurance background. Company very family oriented. Great bonus check, great raises. Co-Workers very friendly, great gym facility on site, outstanding cafeteria.
Great understanding work place, amazing ethics and incentives
Claim Loss Reporter (Former Employee), Riverview, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, positive management, clear procedures, fun atmosphere
Cons: Advancing is tough, supervisors wait too long to tell u what ur doing wrong
Managers are supportive and great teachers. Training is very informative, benefits are amazing, management cares very much for their employees and make working a fun and enjoyable task
good
Senior Processing Representative (Former Employee), mayfield village ohioApril 28, 2015
I worked at very high paced and productive team member at Progressive for 16 years as a Phone Representative in the Special Lines Department and Processing in the Auto Department.
productive and fun nice place to work, all of the managers were supportive and empowering. christmas time very joyful in the work place.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), cleveland ohioApril 27, 2015
Pros: winning cavs tickets
Cons: lots of information to retain
nice place to work managers and coworkers were great to work with i enjoyed the information that i learned. the work enviorment was nice, this location had a fitness center and medical facilities,
Good Company. Hard work/life balance-Claims
Claims Representative (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, co-workers
Cons: work/life balance
Good company to work for. Constantly growing and offering opportunities to change positions. Higher levels careers require move to Cleveland, OH as well as most other positions. Work/life balance is tough to manage due to very heavy workload.
They work hard and are rewarded for it.
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), mayfield village ohioApril 22, 2015
Pros: A lot of opportunity to grow.
Cons: not enough part time jobs at home.
Great place to work. The people you work with were terrific. Most managers really care about your career and training.

The only real con is the hiring process. I have refered many people to Progressive because I had such a great experience. Once you send in your resume, you never here from them again. Not we selected someone else, your not quailified. Nothing. I think that is poor public relations. Why would you want to buy car insurance from such a place!
A Workplace that let you take the time needed to resolve customer issues.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 21, 2015
The management was unpredictable and inconsistent. You were constantly being moved to different areas and you never new where you stood with the company.
AVERAGE PLACE TO WORK
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), MIAMI FLORIDAApril 19, 2015
Cons: HIGH VOLUMEN WORKLOAD
VERY BUSY ALL THE TIME WORK VERY LONG HOURS
THEY DONT BALANCE WORK LOAD AT ALL
IF THEY KEEP WORK LOAD FAIR IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
I didnt like it because of the fact that it wasnt stable
Sorter (Former Employee), McKinney, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: constantly having work
Cons: some of the people that worked there really didnt work
I clocked in and then I went to my line and made sure everyone was dong what they needed and then I got to my part and started sorting through the trash and throw away the things that cant go into the compacter
Busy
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Depew, NYApril 17, 2015
Very busy atmosphere which does not leave you time for family/friends. Micro managed but you will not get better training anywhere in the business.
Fun working with teams and pay is above average
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mayfield HeightsApril 16, 2015
The best part of working at Progressive was working close to your co-workers. Easy to make friends and they have a very accepting culture. The pay is a little above average depending on what you are doing. At times the work to pay ratio is not very good and you end up doing twice as much work as your pay shows. Management was not very good from my experience. It really depends on who you have though. Overall a good company and fun working there while it lasted and pretty easy to move around within the ranks.
The higher ups in control of your state can make a world of difference
Claim Generalist (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits and great overall work culture.
Cons: Strong potential for high volume. Can be overwhelming for some.
Working for Progressive, like any job, has it ups and downs. There are days when 5'o clock roles around and the thought of leaving is nothing but a wish upon a star. There are other times when you are bored out of your mind because you are done with your work before 2. Which type of experience you have can depend largely on a few things; the kind of person in charge of your state, the weather, the number of employees for that state and what state you work in.

I live in what is considered a high volume state. Due to an unprecedented amount of turn over and little hiring in said state the volume has increased exponentially. This has led to a work day that mimics more of the latter I described earlier. This hardest part of my job is the volume. My job in its basic element is similar to juggling. Some days you may juggle 3 balls. Some days you may juggle 12.

The days that you are only juggling 3-7 balls are the best. Progressive is very lax. If you have down time you can browse the net on most sites. You are able to take time off with barely a days notice (at least at my office). You have many options to insure yourself. Life, health, dental, etc. are one of many options. Progressive also helps with things such as adoption and daycare.

Progressive can be a tough company to work for at times, but overall it is a great company for anyone to make a career at.
a great place to work, people are wonderful!
Compliance Business Analyst (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 14, 2015
Progressive was a wonderful place to work, managers are always willing to help with your company growth. I would highly recommend, but be willing to work very hard.
stressful, crazy schedule, thrown out to the wolves
inside sales representative (Former Employee), riverview floridaApril 9, 2015
At first they really make you feel welcome. You go through tons of training. For incompetent people this training is good. For the competent ones you are beaten to death (metaphorically speaking with too much training) the harder you work and the better you do they pile on more and more work. The other employees that are just there for a check get away with everything. They know exactly how to work the system. Your calls are constantly monitored, your computer activity is constantly monitored. The overal ethics of the company is horrible. They want you to constantly answer phones. There is no challenge to the job. You are only allowed 5 occurrences in a 12 month period. Meaning if it was not previously scheduled time off (which is almost impossible to get) and you are more than 7 minutes late or you have to call out you only get 5 times to do so and then you are put on a written warning. At any given time there are about 300+ calls waiting to be answered and as soon as you hang up from a call you immediately get the next. If you work a 10 hour shift you get 1.5 hours worth of breaks for that entire shift which is your food, bathroom and any other time you may need/want. That may seem like a lot but considering the position it is nothing. At the interview they make it seem like a great place to work b/c they will mention the gym and the cafeteria but what they dont tell you is the cafeteria is only open 5 hours a day monday to friday only and they close at 2pm usually you can never go to the cafeteria due to the shift they give you. The gym is great but again you only get – more... 1.5 hours of breaks almost impossible to go when you are at work unless you do not eat And who wants to go to work to workout on your days off you say you will but then you are so burnt out the last place you want to be is there. You will never get the schedule you want. There doctors office is always a waiting list. You have to make an appointment just like a normal doctors office and wait to be called with times and schedule. You then have to go when you are off or during that break time. The management is always on the 8 to 5 schedule with weekend off so while your busting your butt they are having a good ole time. When they are there they never help or if they do they are so clueless as to what you do they do not know how to help. The will push all the good workers out and they keep all the people that are cheating their company. Not only am I no longer an employee there I am also no longer going to be a customer. I saw too much and advise you to take you business and youe employment elsewhere. This is not the chocolate covered candy they make themselves seem. – less
PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE IS NOT FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE COMMITTED, LOYAL, AND HONEST
CLAIMS (Former Employee), MARYLANDApril 8, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY IS STRESSFUL AND UN-ORGANIZED
TRAINING OUTSIDE IS GREAT
MANAGEMENT SUCKS 100%
GOOD CO-WORKERS THEY PUSH OUT THE DOOR, THE DISHONEST ONES THEY KEEP
HARDEST PART OF JOB IS WORKING IN A TOXIC ENVIRONMENT THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS GAINSHARING AT THE END OF THE YEAR FOR THE HARD WORK WE PUT IN TO MAKING THEM MILLIONS YEARLY

1 2 3 4 5

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries