Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,327 reviews matching the search
Great
Senior Processor (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Progressive is great place to work! Work life balance is awesome and they care about their employee and customers. Diverse culture that is embraced by all.
Good employer
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Progressive, but had to relocate to California.

The culture was excellent. The company provide a fun enviorment.

The hardenst part of the job for me was sitting all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers.
relaxed, easy to learn
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OH 44143September 18, 2017
I enjoy my job at Progressive, I have had the opportunity of working with amazing people and the cultural environment is extremely inclusive. Everyone is friendly, supportive, and outgoing. Great place to grow as a person and in a career. Lots of opportunities.
Fun and diverse
Claims Adjuster/Senior Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
- Overall great place to work. Progressive is a very diverse company. I have learned all the in's and out's from selling a policy to filing a claim and paying out on one.
Pros
flexable
Cons
healthcare
Bosses where drill Sargents
Straw Boss/dozer operator (Former Employee) –  Anthony, KSSeptember 18, 2017
A lot of the people on that spread was on drugs and it was by far a safe place to work. I met some of the the Superintedents and foremans that was on other spreads an they were awesome, fantastic people. But the spread I just do happened to be working with was terrible.
Pros
I had a job.
Cons
They were drug addic's.
Insurance Call Center
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 18, 2017
I worked at progressive after leaving another call center. At the time it was different than the regular customer service job I had with T-mobile. Overall it wasnt too bad with call volume and customers calling for insurance quotes.
Very little room for advancement with a pay increase. Low raises
Customer Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 17, 2017
Management sticks together and does not take your concerns seriously. If your supervisor is not helpful/ knowledgeable; you are still written up for not meeting certain criteria even if you show proof that you reached out for help and did not receive it. Disciplinary actions are unfair and not the same across the board. Supervisors and upper management show favoritism to representatives (one rep will get disciplined while another representative may not get disciplined for the exact same action). Hardest part of the job was lack of support from upper management and not being heard when you voice your concerns. Being retaliated against for speaking up. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers outside of upper management.
Pros
On-Site Cafeteria
Cons
Poor raises and management
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 16, 2017
Love the companies culture and values, some magers jsut dont embodie the values of the company unfortunately. Thers is not any wiggle room when it comes to schedule and attendance either you have the time to cover time off. Vacation and sick time is all one.
Great company to work
Recruiting Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 15, 2017
Love it here. Progressive has a great culture and ethics
Many people find a career and not just a job while working at Progressive. Great team members
Very productive place to work.
Liability Claims Adjuster (Auto) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Very good company with excellent Mid-level managers who care and are very interested in getting their employees to the next level in their careers. Great benefits also.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Great community and culture. Only left to stay home with kids. I was well cared for when health interfered with my attendance, was even allowed to work from home. I would go back to work with them in a heartbeat!
Pros
Pay, benefits, people
What happened to loyalty?
Customer Service Rep/Policy Services Coach (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Benefit packages declined more and more with time. More often than not, advancement/promotions were not determined by merit but by who you interacted with socially. Seniority became a thing of the past.
Great company to work for and very friendly, but work consumes your life
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 13, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working for Progressive as a Claims Adjuster but the workload can sometimes be overwhelming. I work on average 10-11 hours a day and still feel like I do not have enough time in a day to complete everything I would like to. The company is a fantastic company and most importantly I love the open door policy to be able to openly speak with anyone in the company no matter the role. Everyone works as a team and it is not competitive in a sense where someone is better than you. Everyone has been through the hard times and knows how it gets and is willing to help in any way they can. The job work/personal life balance to me is rough because I know most adjusters go into work early and/or stay late every single day to stay on top of their work. I myself go in around 7:45-8 every morning and leave between 6-8 every night. I love the work itself. It is just like every job. It has its ups, it has its downs, it has its good times, and it has its bad times.
Progressive worklife
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day is spent resolving customer needs and issues. I have learned an incredible amount in the insurance world. They applaud individuality and allow your creativity to shine. The hardest part of the job is being a single parent and can not work certain times since I need care for my son. The most enjoyable part is that we do get recognition for all the hard work we do and we are free to let our individuality take part of our life. Progressive allows you to be who you are and they do not discriminate based on the lifestyle choices you make our how you express yourself. I love that Progressive applauds you for being yourself.
Benefits
Cons
Hours do not work for single parents with young children
Overall great company
Licensed Claims Adjuster/Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my co-workers. Company is hard to get into but much room for advancement once you're in. Some positions have little work/life balance though.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Work/life balance in certain postions
Great Work Place
Supervisor Central Response- CLRU Virtual (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2017
Wonderful work life balance. Great company to work for, always changing and evolving to meet the needs of customers and employees. Salary range is good for the position you work.
Pay was ok however provided no home balance
Claims Adjuster / Estimator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 12, 2017
- typically you would arrive to work early
- you would leave work late
- you are given freedom to do how you please
- however after you do how you please management would not inform you what you have done wrong to their standards but request you correct it
- questionable work ethics and management
- work environment was very laid back
- hardest part of the job was getting thrown into the fire
- enjoyable part was the paycheck, and many perks provided
Great place
Mayfield Hts. OH-Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2017
Its a good place to work they have great benefits, like any other place of employment there are good days and bad days but overall good place. Worklife balance seems is there
Stressful environment
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 11, 2017
I don't mind a cubicle, they provide you space. Lots of natural light as well. The job varies by department and the stress level follows that trend. Management can be very prickly and may trigger anger for any employee that needs attention. The heardest thing of the job is turning off your emotions and being stone-cold. You're cursed at, threatened, and some of the people mean it. The only good thing for me was the pay and the benefits. But that's not enough for everyone.
benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Not looking to move up. Sign here!
Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 11, 2017
This place will keep you in the same position for 3 years before they even think of advancing you. If you want to move up, be prepared to do added on work at the same pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.