Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,084 reviews matching the search
Diverse work environment that's always changing.
Senior IT Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2017
Your typical day is centered around keeping up with all of the happenings in a large computing environment. These happenings can include problems, changes, disaster recovery, and so forth.
You quickly learn to prioritize tasks while keeping the environment online and running optimally.
Management changes are routine as leadership makes changes based on business needs.
The hardest part of the job would be the pull in many directions as the environment is vast and complex.
The rewarding part of the job is the camaraderie that develops within the team.
Great people to work with
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 3, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at Progressive and made several life-long friends there. We were always busy, but the people I worked with over the years made even the toughest days pleasant. Even though the job of adjuster was challenging, there were always new experiences to learn from and share with others in the office. My time at Progressive helped me develop my customer service skills and improve my communication skills, especially when dealing with difficult situations.
Pros
Work environment, benefits
Cons
Clear communication from management
Good Company, Good Pay
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMarch 1, 2017
Progressive is a good company to work for. The culture is calm and relaxing and they care about their people. The jobs can be stressful whether your taking customer service calls like where I started. Or whether you are handling car accident claims like my last job, but management knows this and tries to keep things lively. Their can be some friction between management and those of us actually on the front lines but no more than other job.
Pros
Relaxed company, good pay, year end bonuses
Cons
can be stressful, friction w/ supervisiors
Great pay and benefits but that's about all.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2017
They spend a lot of time convincing their employees of their culture but don't follow through. Training was great but being on the floor was a nightmare. Call volume was high all year around, manager would only provide numbers if your metrics were low and did little to support or help with fixing metrics. CSR job is really a sales position. No support for escalated calls/cancel requests. Pay was great but not for the stress it induced. I was always given additional tasks outside of my job description to 'prepare' me for an advancement that never happened. Turn over at this company is high for a reason.
Pros
Gainshare
Cons
No manager support, no room for advancement.
Revolving Door
Licensed Insurance Agent/ Personal Lines (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Hands down the worst place I have worked at ever! The so called coach cancelled several coaching sessions and was nothing but critical. It was not constructive feedback it was an hour of bashing me and pointing out all my flaws whilst telling me how great the employee was that was slated to come in next after me for coaching. The manager was never around EVER!! They would throw around idle threats and write people up for things they were not even doing. The training is HORRIBLE, it is literally someone throwing an overwhelming amount of insurance information at you and hoping some of it sticks when in fact you need to know all of it!! Horrible place to work!!
Injury Claims
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Good people. Work your way up culture. Typical day for me is 9am-6pm. Between taking inbound calls, placing outbound calls, meeting with customers, completing liability investigations, documenting files, ordering and reviewing police reports, taking recorded statements from people after accidents, and participating in meetings,your day will definitely be full. It's not hard work, there's just a lot of it. The volume will keep you on your toes.
Great place to work and grow
PIP Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Progressive is an excellent company to work for, so long as the supervisor or managing person is "properly" trained to handle the volume of it's employees under that person's supervision and coaching, etc. The training and furtherance of education is readily available and free, so the problem is hiring and training the persons in charge, so that the employees can work to their full potential!
Pros
Excellent benefits and perks
Cons
extreme volume of work to each individual and poor management of same
Management discriminates
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMarch 28, 2017
Management is bad and they don't help you as far as training goes they just throw you out on the floor and expect you to be verbally abused by customers on the phone and take it then I'm not understanding that the customer service reps are doing all the work why is the CEO making a million dollar bonus every year. The only thing good about this company is the benefits
Benefits
just a paycheck, not a career move
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2017
Training is all web based. You better pick it up or you will have a problem, recently the company has undergone upper management overhaul. Everything is all about the money, they say they are about customer service but it is all about the money. The job has become matrix and numbers, if you cannot cross sell enough product and meet the continuing changing required monthly matrix , your job is threatened. Shifts are now by bid and by performance, so again if you do sell enough , then you go to the bottom of the bid , they have no issue letting you know that you do not meet their needs. It has nothing to do with customer service and performance, it is only about numbers and money. Not a fun place to work.
Great Culture
Insurance Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 14, 2017
I loved my job at Progressive. If you are someone who goes to work every day, enjoys flexible scheduling options, and great benefits, it is for you. The only reason I had to leave was because I relocated to an area that was out of range. I will miss this job, and am very disappointed that my journey with them is ending.
Pros
Too many to list. Everything you can think of in the way of perks.
Cons
Nothing.
Fun Efficient work environment geared to work life balance
Senior Auto Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work would involve managing incoming claims, phone calls, and investigating into coverages.
The management is always willing to help give direction for managing working loads by providing effective feedback from their own experiences in the position.
Pros
Bonuses, healthcare, Promotions always available.
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming at times.
Good culture, miserable industry
Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, NJFebruary 26, 2017
Progressive is a good company and I believe that they try to do the right thing. However, the turnover is high and management does seem to forget how demanding being a rep can be once they are promoted. Insurance is an extremely tough industry so I can attribute some of my negative feelings about Progressive.
Pros
Culture and pay
Cons
I rarely, if ever, take a lunch.
Great if you don't have children
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Fast paced & stressful at times. There are quotas even if you are not in sales. Management was lazy and expected you to do everything yourself &/or for them. If you have kids, this is not the place for you! Be a robot and expect to not help customers who truly need it! For example, a customer has cancer, her husband just died and her auto insurance cancelled. No human components. So if helping people is what motivates you or if you don't have a family, this is a good place to work.
Pros
Benefits like health insurance, gym (if you have time to actually use) and onsite medical facility.
Cons
Not family friendly/understanding when kids get sick, lazy management and number driven.
Good Solid Company that lives up to their name
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 20, 2017
They endeavor to be innovators (Progressive). While I won't pretend they always succeed, it happens more than it does not. Their work/life balance, casual work environment and people oriented business all work in their favor. They are a large organization and advancement can be challenging. But many feel good about staying with them for upwards of 10 years.
Great place to work with on site gym and many incentives to earn as well
Multiproduct Agent, Multiproduct Operations (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at Progressive can be challenging, but fun as well.. The hardest part about the job is getting customers on a monoline product to add additional products to their insurance roster. Not much micromanaging, but very data driven company.. I learned much about home, auto, and special lines insurance sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers make very hard decisions about insurance coverage for their most valuable assets and possessions and can't forget about the nice gainshare check that all employees receive at the end of the year.
Pros
Very flexible time schedules and nice incentives to earn
fast paced environment
Medical Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Investigated, adjusted, and payment of No-Fault Medical claims. Evaluate treatment for medical necessity. Determined Cash Reserves based on claimant's injuries. Established verbal and written
communication with claimants, medical providers & attorneys. Investigated fraudulent claims.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
dealing with claimants that were hesitant in providing information to process claim quickly.
Poor managment
Managed Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 24, 2017
Management was inept and lack claims knowledge to correctly handle claims. Extremely busy work environment. Extremely micromanaged making job hard to complete efficiently and productively. Enjoyed opportunity to meet or exceed expectations of customers,
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Micromanged by those who lacked experience in claims adjudication
Awesome place to work but the hours a bit much
Application Programmer Lead (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHDecember 22, 2016
I work with an awesome group of people. We range in age from just coming out of college to late 40s. We work well with each other and have some good clean fun doing it.

The part of my job which is a little wearing is the hours I work. I have more work than the average person. I find that Progressive leans on there top tier people (not in job title, but workers) a little too much, often asking them to do almost the impossible. As one of those people, I struggle with work life balance.
Pros
Awesome Culture to work in
Cons
If your a top person in a department be prepared for longer hours.
Progressive will suppress your growth and motivation
MANAGED REPAIR REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2017
The nature of an insurance company is to cut costs and maximize its shareholder interests. Progressive is very good at ripping off customers and employee salaries and resources. Don't work here. Stress and anxiety fueled company.
Pros
they give you a car/billboard and make you pay for it.
Cons
all aspects of the job
Great place to work for opportunity.
Claims Generalist - Auto Damage (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJFebruary 16, 2017
Everyone is willing to help out. All you have to do is ask. Finding the right mentor is key. Just because someone has been her for a long time does not necessarily mean they know what they are doing.
Stressful job. But the bonus makes it worth it
Pros
Gainshare - Money
Cons
Verryyy high standards. Not really a con. Only if you cannot keep up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

84%