Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

progressive
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95818April 26, 2016
If you're good with problem solving, quick learning, and very good with multitasking this job is definitely for you. There's always something to do from solving a customers problems to trying to gain more customers
Long work days
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2016
I worked long hours with not much appreciation for the employees. I enjoyed my co workers but the job itself at that time was very stressful.
Good work life balance
Test Quality Lead/Agile Coach/Iteration Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2016
Work life balance is good. Good testing tool- ALM, Web-driver. Good testing methodology. I was able to work on Vendor integration project and in-house projects.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Salary
Productive an fun work environment
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 16, 2016
I feel a high sense of integrity and a very positive work culture that I would recommend anyone working there and joining the family.

within the muliple positions that I have held there, Management and supervision has been above reproach. The people that I work with a daily basis make me feel like family.

I enjoy the fact they have a cafeteria, gym, game rooms, and reading/resting rooms with recliners.

The work environment has been the best I have experienced.
Great Company Great Wokplace
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2016
Great Company Great Workplace. Well designed management program. Good coworkers. Ten hour workdays can be grueling.
Used to be a great company to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 14, 2016
The only opportunity for advancement are if you meet a certain criteria. 1 Have to be female, 2 Have to be from a certain country south of the border and 3, you would have to be of a certain orientation. This is not coming from a sour employee, rather from a disappointed one who has been with the company for years and has seen the culture change drastically in the past few years. This used to be a great company to work for. Used to be. Now they want to be number 1 industry and are willing to sacrifice the Core values and belief system that they were based on. Customer Service means nothing to the management. Sales is all that matters.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very Stressful and Micromanaged
Central Claim Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHApril 13, 2016
a typical day at work was getting 12 of the same type of claim
they expect you to take 1 hour lunch as well as 1 hour to do other peoples work by handling their calls. they are very hard on giving overtime and it is a very stressful department. but expect you to get EVERYTHING done in 8 hours

i learned that handling claims isn't for everyone but it is doable if management wasn't always on your back

management is a 2 step process. supervisors press and press about "numbers" and then throw you under the bus every chance they get when upper management gets involved

co workers are amazing

the hardest part of the job is the workload. its non stop. have to do your own investigations, review police reports, chase people down and get cursed out and when it bothers you management could care less

the most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
workload, Managment, no room for advancement
Great Place to Work!
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHApril 12, 2016
This is a place that valued its employees. There were wonderful opportunities for advancement. Management encouraged promotion.
Pros
Great Benefits, employees were valued
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 12, 2016
Great company based out of Riverview Florida the dress code is casual nothing bad to say about the company, the company is awesome
Fun yet stressful at times
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 12, 2016
Fun environment with very high call volume. Their new sales process doesn't necessarily work with every customer, but they hold you to high standards. The most fun is talking with new people on a daily basis. The hardest part is the raising the standards you're required to meet and lack of coaching to help achieve them depending on who your supervisor is. Overall the 2 years I was there were very enjoyable.
Behind the Curve!!!!
Commercial Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 10, 2016
Below industry norm for compensation benefits are about normal for most business'. People are great but opportunities for advancement are rare, Progressive will hire inexperience college grads for claims positions instead of promoting from within.
Talent leaves the company for other insurance companies due to this management approach.
Pros
People and work/life balance.
Cons
Low pay!
Poor Management
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 9, 2016
Pay was good. Hours were long including bringing home work to be completed as well as phone calls being made. I enjoy a challenge and did not mind putting in the extra time.
Pros
Pay
Fun work place
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 6, 2016
Nice place to work ,good company with a lot of room for advancement. Pay and benefits could be better , but over all a good place to work .
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Culture, Great Pay
Multiline Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  NortheastMarch 31, 2016
Progressive is an absolutely amazing company to work for. No insurance company can beat them for pay, culture, and work environment.

There are two different worlds in claims- the field and the call centers. If you come in with a bachelors degree to the "Claims Adjuster Trainee" role, as I did, you will have a great time and get promoted quickly. But if you come into one of the call centers as a "Claims Representative" you may stay there for a long time.

On balance, call-center people ARE happier than at other insurance companies, but its still a grind.

People do get promoted out to the field from the call centers- but only the best of the best. We had someone promoted to our field office from Cleveland and after her first 3 months she was #5 in the state. You can make it with a high-school degree but you have to be exceptionally talented and hard working.

Any job in claims where you are on salary will involve long hours. I would have given 3 stars for work/life balance but they have a lot of family-friendly policies like paid parental leave. On balance they are very accommodating if you have children. Still, claims isn't for everyone. During busy times you might work 12 hour days. On the bright side, you can leave early when there aren't too many claims coming in.

Probably my favorite thing about working for Progressive is the freedom to work how I want. I don't have scripts or call metrics and I can talk to my customers like a human being. After doing well in the trainee role, I've been promoted and get to handle unusual and unique claims. No two
  more... days are alike.  less
Pros
Gaineshare, Salary, Culture, Independence
Cons
Long Hours
Great Company
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMarch 29, 2016
It is a wonderful company, excellent benefits, pay is great, most enjoyable part of the job is of course the pay and the year end bonus least favorite part or hardest part would be spending the entire day on the telephone. If you are not accustomed to being on the phone all day it is difficult to do.
Pros
On site gym, quiet rooms, excellent benefits, on site health care
Cons
High stress
Fun place to work...Lots of positive attitudes..amazing people to work with!!! Best job I've ever had
Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2016
So far AWESOME JOB!!! I LOVE WORKING FOR PROGRESSIVE!!! Training comes with a lot of information to take in, but so helpful to learn so much about Insurance...Progressive really cares about their employees and customers.. You don't see that a lot with most jobs..meeting other new employees is awesome, especially if you're new to the area! Overall great job
Pros
Great co-workers...Supportive environment
Cons
Fear of being stuck there in the snow with no food lol
Great company and very involved
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 23, 2016
Progressive insurance in a fabulous place to work. I just did not like working in a call center after being in field services for most of my career.
Very supportive environment, new challenges everyday
Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee) –  LAREDO, TXMarch 21, 2016
Love my job!! Work environment is of strict importance to progressive and they really harp on individual development while building a strong team of coworkers.
Licensed Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2016
Responsible for handling insurance claims filed by policyholders. Plans and schedules work needed to process claim, interviews claimant and witnesses, and investigates claims. Handle property claims involving damage to buildings and structures, or liability claims involving personal injuries or third-person property damage from liability situations, such as motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, or alleged negligent behavior. Consult with accountants, architects, construction workers, engineers, lawyers, and physicians to get expert evaluation. Work with attorneys to defend insurer's position as claim is contested and issue payout amounts accordingly and accordantly. Negotiate with claimant to settle claim. overall very stress full and under paid.
customer service at its finest
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 20, 2016
Learn the skill of solving for unique customer needs & the variables of an ever evolving business. One on one coaching for improved customer experience is at the forefront of this companies business model.