Progressive

Progressive Employee Reviews

They Demand 150%
Various Positions including Supervisor (Current Employee), Indiana, Florida and CaliforniaAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Can't keep good employees
It is a large company with a large company attitude. It has changed and I wish they had kept some of their older standards.
productive, fun place to work, awesome management, on-site gym, gift shop, huge cafternia
Auditor I (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: awesome, caring co-workers who are there for you no matter what, the best Christmas Parties I have even seen. Management acknowledges your work and length of service
Cons: No longer working for Progressive Insurance other then that no cons.
Progressive is the best place in the world to work for, They are fact placed, dealing with in bound calls regarding auto and home insurance processing endorsement and resolve policy holder concerns. Than I was promoted to auditor which I reviewed the work and phone call of co-workers and advise of area of improvement as well as area they excel in. I just loved working for Progressive Insurance.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 27, 2015
Great place to work at for full-time with benefits, and pursuing a career. Became homemaker and had my daughter. Great co-workers. Made life-time friends.
Not a bad Company!
Central Log Claims Rep (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare pay
Cons: short breaks bad managers
A good company with pay and benefits but they do not care about their employees management lacked training and training classes needed to be better.
Amazing company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2015
Great coworkers and the environment is that of a family, I would not trade that portion for the world. Overall a great company with a strong commitment to the satisfaction of their employees.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ColoJuly 23, 2015
Pros: benefits and bonuses and schedules
Cons: none
Took incoming calls, insurance guidelines for every state, management was good, lively atmosphere and coworkers. I enjoyed the benefits and flexible schedules offered to the top performers
Amazing company to work for.
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2015
Amazing company to work for. Great coworkers and the environment is that of a family. would not trade that portion for the world.
Excellent company with a lot of demands for employees
Claims Generalist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Office parties, promotions galore
Cons: workload, benefits
Overall a great company with a strong commitment to the satisfaction of their employees. Unfortunately the work load is unmanageable for most of the employees which causes a high turn over rate. When employees quit it creates more work for their already overworked ex- coworkers.
It's pretty much the norm to be "behind" on your workload.
Management continues to hire the wrong kind of people for this job. This isn't a job for the straight out of college, "I've never had a full time job" type.
The starting pay is attractive
Benefits are average
Coworkers and management are great people
Prepare to work overtime
High level of integrity
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, compensation, positive work environment
I loved my job and the level of integrity shown by employees at all levels. In addition, the work environment has been unmatched by any company I have worked for in the past or present.
Policy Services Review (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefit package, flexible work schedule, clear pay projects in each area
Cons: Stigma of working in call center environment, but it's worth it.
Progressive is a great place to work. They truly foster career development and opportunities to advance and in time even relocate.
For 8 to 10 hours a day you will talk to Policy Holders and resolve billing questions or carry out needed requests to their policies. You will be required to up sell, but not where it is intrusive and uncomfortable. You will be given great opportunities to excel, have time off and invest in your future. Highly recommend this great company, You will also interpret regulations and guidance both within each state and within Progressive agreements. Progressive affords time to learn this, and for awhile it will feel like a great learning curve, but it won't be long where you will feel comfortable. They also foster great team development in each area.
Very strong financial company to work for
Accountant, II (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Age is a factor when working there.
Great place for a young person to begin a career. Compensation is great and the work environment is healthy. Problems such as work place harrassment of any kind is not tolerated. Many job opportunities with multiple levels of advancement available.
Senior Licensed Agent
Buyer and Sales (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OhioJuly 20, 2015
Cons: No flexible hours
I have the benefit working from home while my child is still at home. Its been wonderful. I have been given many challeging opportunities that really enhanced my knowledge of the business. For instance, I recently was placed on a Move Out of State Pilot team which I achieved a "Rising Star" recognition every month since I've been on the pilot. The hardest part of my job is not having the interactive with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer is truly happy with my service.
Great company, great people, not for everyone
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great people, good benefits
Cons: High metrics, constant phone calls
I worked as a customer service associate for Progressive for almost 2 years. The people and the company are great, but the metrics are always increasing to where they are hard to reach. Being on the phones all the time is not for everyone.
Great Company!
customer specialist (Current Employee), austin,texasJuly 15, 2015
Progressive is a great company to work for. They have good benefits, and a positive work environment. I was not able to grow with them in the time I wanted to, but they do have a number of different opportunities to choose from. They have a onsite cafeteria during the week,a gym,and a health clinic. They do a great job with promoting wellness there.
Good company
Customer Rep (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: advancement & pay increases
Progressive is great company that has good core values. They really are very flexible with scheduling for people who have to balance work and outside activities. I think it's a good stepping stone for people looking to gain new skills, but I'm not sure long term though. I have had great rapport with management and established many friendships with staff. The job can be redundant at times but it's a pretty good job. The only area that could use improvement is the opportunity for advancements and more competitive pay when promoted. Outside of that I've had a pleasant experience with progressive and think highly of them as a reputable organization.
Great place to build a carreer
Claims Generalist Intermediate (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Mangement is not diverse
This is an awesome place to work and the compensation is competitive. There is a lot of room to advance if you are competitive and take pride in your work. The atmosphere is relaxed and just about everyone is willing to mentor you and support your long term goals.
TYPICAL CORP ENVIORNMENT
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Dedham, MAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Pay/ bonus
Cons: lack of breaks, work life balance, heavy work load, stress.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00o00ooo
Diversity At It's Best
CUST. SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), MayField Village, OHJuly 9, 2015
Awesome Benefits and a diverse group of employees that blend together to make Progressive a great place to work. If you want to succeed and grow with the company, taking the initiative .
Rough
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2015
Taking calls from angry customers is totally not worth 15 dollars an hour. everything else was pretty nice. left due to moving out of state.
Independent, flexibility, great benefits, challenging
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexibility, achieving and exceeding goals
a typical day included, interviewing all parties, answering queue calls, accident investigation, liability decision, estimating damages, issuing settlement checks. I learned how to become good at multi-tasking. Management was available if you needed help. Co-workers was the best thing! The hardest part was managing workload, the most enjoyable was the flexibility, achieving goals and helping customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries