Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

Productive fun place to work
Licensed Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2015
good company the most enjoyable part of the job I like is helping others. I learned a lot of different sales techniques and skills
Decent yet too large
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Entry Level
Cons: Bloated Corporation
Progressive provides an excellent work environment and good training. However the call flow is over bloated with too many either unrelated metrics or conflicting goals. Unfortunately for the company and each of its employees these lofty and unrelated programs interfere with what should be the focus - selling insurance. For an entry level professional or someone wanting to learn insurance they are a good choice, for experienced professionals or dedicated sales persons (that want to sell and perform a direct function) seek elsewhere.
Good Company, Good People
Claims Generalist Intermediate Adjuster (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great People, Compensation & Benefits
Cons: No local advancement opportunity
I have nothing bad to say about Progressive Insurance as an employer. If you work hard you will be rewarded. Unfortunately in the market that I live in there is little advancement opportunity locally.
Last jobs.
Merchant Support Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 23, 2015
Taking calls and interacting with co-workers, working on more than one screen at a time. the jobs ive worked at were really enjoyable companies that cared about their co-workers and company and made sure everything was up to date as far as systems.
Doesn't feel like a call center
Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 23, 2015
Progressive is one large bulding and the make sure you are properly trained and ready for the world once you hit the floor. great team
Terrible atmosphere accompanied by a terrible management.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2015
They strictly higher people who can manipulate and have no long term professional goals. If you are in school and need a part time job I would only then recommend this company.
Energetic Enviornment
Licensed Medical & Claims Ajuster (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: team basted
Cons: growth limited
Team oriented/knowledge basted/skilled supervisors/up to date technology/on sight training/support staffing /outside source benefits/acknowledgement for job well done
Large stable company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 19, 2015
Offers decent compensation and benefits. Very helpful work environment including co-workers and management. Typical business casual work environment. Offers rewards for personal accomplishments.
I can't pass the online test
applicant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits, nice coworkers
Cons: getting hired is a mystery
I have years of experience meeting and exceeding goals in fast paced call center environment with other large companies and I can not seem to pass the online test.

It must be bad because the woman who was due to get a referral bonus if I got hired has cooled our friendship.

I've learned that I don't cut it as part of the Progressive culture. I've heard the work environment is chill and coworkers generally get along.

The hardest part of the job is passing the online test, they are very upfront that it will disqualify you for six long months and neither Progressive nor the third party administrating the test will share any detail or offer suggestions.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 11, 2015
I would ring out customers for purchases and for service items. I was responsible for opening and closing all registers. I would count down the drawers and make sure all money was accounted for. I was responsible for making schedules for the cashiers. I worked with a great staff and management.
Great Place to work
Supervisor Central Response (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: career advancement
Excellent place to build a career. Endless growth possibilities. excellent culture great management. Challenging work no day is the same.
A good lace to work at times
Enterprise Project Management (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 10, 2015
Pros: culture, people, campus
Cons: some people
The culture is very good. It is a great place to work as long as you work with the right people. Most of the divisions are really good but you could find yourself getting moved to a new team where the dynamics are bad and make your work life hard.
Great people but not enough for work load
Complexity Adjustor (Current Employee), Bedford, NHMarch 9, 2015
Difficult to balance work/life and assistance is difficult to find due to multiple meetings for managers on a weekly basis.
Good Company to work for
Claims Adjuster Intermediate (Current Employee), Atlanta GaMarch 9, 2015
Requires more in way of work than other insurance company's but the work environment is great. The pay compared to other companies is a work in progress as well.
Produuctive and efficient
Casualty & Litigation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: you are constantly learning
Cons: doing only personal injuru can limit development
I prioritize my responsibilities with handling the most important job duties first. Customer needs and concerns are always handled immediately. I ways make time to roundtable cases that need review with fellow employees to strategize and determine case values. Finally, the days ends with working through diary and mail.
Call center enviroment
Claims Contact Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 7, 2015
Working at Progressive taught me how to work with all different kinds of customers, I dealt with our customers at the most difficult time after being involved in a car accident.
Just a job
Claims Generalist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: salary, nice and helpful co-workers and immediate manager
Cons: work/life balance isn't valued, overworking conditions, little to no room for advancement unless you're open to relocating to their home office location
Work here if you value a decent salary.
work here if you cannot work beyond your normal work hours to meet metrics.
This is a job that will provide a decent salary and some of your co-workers will go beyond the call of duty to assist their members.
Great company
IT (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Progressive is a great company to work for. The best part of the job always has been the people that work there. The biggest challenge of working in Progressive is the insular mentality of each department.
I didn't enjoy working there.
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: nice campas
Cons: high call volume. unhappy customers.
Very high call volumes. Unhappy customers. Average pay. I didn't enjoy the work the customers were mostly unhappy. It was a long time ago that I worked there so I don't remember why but I know I was not fond of management.
Horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee), CAFebruary 26, 2015
While the company overall treats their employees decently, the immediate supervisors are absolutely horrible. The favoritism within the teams was horrific. There is no opportunity for advancement whatsoever and they make sure and tell you that almost immediately after hire.
The benefits are somewhat decent and I think the only positive thing to say is that you did get a pretty good bonus check towards the end of the year.

1 2 3 4 5

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries