Progressive Employee Reviews

easy job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 5, 2016
It a good job but is boring is no calls are receive our costumers coming in there is nothing to do. and sometime u have to be alone in the office other then tham i liked it they moved fr from home and i couldn't go.
Pros
good relax please
Cons
boring at times
Various safety inspection duites
Senior Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVFebruary 3, 2016
Inspection and safety inspection
Safety training important.
Some pros some cons
Some not at job
Walking mountains
Completing new routes
Pros
Pay
Cons
weather
Excellent work environment
Exercise Specialist/Group Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 29, 2016
My work day mostly consists of teaching an array of group fitness classes and personal training. I also get to interact with fitness center members throughout the day, talking to them to find out their goals and struggles so I might help them complete their workout. Additionally, I may simply engage them in conversation to build a rapport. My manager, coworker and I work together to create an inviting and non-threatening atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of this position is getting the chance to help people achieve their goals and realize their true potential. If I am able to help one person, I feel that I have done my job!
corporate culture is great, but not realized locally
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 27, 2016
The company as a whole has a great idea and plan, but there is poor management on a local level that creates a uncomforatable atmosphere to work in. Employees aren't treated fairly and there is a fear of retailiation.
Pros
Great corporate atmopshere, good compensation
Cons
hours are very long
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2016
*Processed new insurance policies, modifications to existing policies, & claims forms.
*Obtained information from policyholders to verify the accuracy and completeness of information on claims
forms, applications and related documents, and company records. *Updated existing policies and company records to reflect changes requested by policyholders and insurance company representative
overall great company
Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Typical days are 8 am to 5pm but sometimes require extra hours. I have learned all about the auto insurance industry from the claims process to property damage resolution with auto body shops and resolving total loss claims. Co-Workers are great and easy to work with.
Good job low compensation for my experience
sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Progressive is a great place to work for someone just starting their sales career. When i was offered my first promotion with progressive it was mad very clear it was not going to be a good fit.
I loved working at Progressive
Accounting Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2016
I worked 7 years in the accounting department and that was totally my dream job. When the department was moved to Florida I was transferred to Customer Service department and I worked there for 7 years. Management was very awesome. There was great communication between the management team and our customer service team. The hardest part of my job was the transformation from the accounting department into the customer service unit. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily fellowship with my co workers. They were like family to me.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
being on the phone for so long
Heavy workload
Automotive Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Too many claims. Not enough adjusters. Equals bad customer experiences. Management seemed to care but did not DO anything about volume. Too many people get this job and quit as it is very demanding. Everyone seems miserable here. This could be eliminated with the proper claims software, transparency of leadership and monitoring workloads.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Work life balance.
excellent for entry level
Insurance Agent (Direct Sales) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2016
If you are new to insurance the training program is amazing, great environment for a call center. However, there are too many people for reasonable advancement beyonbd the entry level, many persons waiting for the better part of a decade or longer to receive any advancement or raises.
Pros
training
Cons
call center
Great place to work...the campus provides restaurants and a store along with an amazing art gallery.
Customer Service/Claims (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHJanuary 14, 2016
Progressive is a great place to work. Starting with an intensive yet fun 4 weeks of training. By the time you hit the floor you have all the information you need to provide great customer service and knowledge of the computer programs to file claims. Management is helpful and available when needed. Co-workers are friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job is taking a claim when there has been a fatal accident. The most enjoyable part of the job is using my friendly calming voice to assist customers in filing their auto claims, and assuring them that Progressive Adjusters will follow up quickly and resolve their claim in an efficient manner.
Pros
On-site exercise facility...Fresh buffet including salad and soup bar.
Cons
Long walk from the parking lot.
progressive
Home Health Aide & Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2016
My job was to attend appoinments with the eldrley. Light housekeeping, My toughest job was having a bed bound patient. Other then that i really enjoyed doing this job co workers were great and i also always loved every manager i had
Ok place
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 8, 2016
The constant requirement to be on the phones while working in customer service and sales call, is absolutely brutal, no person should have to do that all day long. It should be other job aspects to perform so it's not so robotic and monotonous.
Over work and under paid
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Overall the position as a claims adjuster was okay, the work load is too much for the time frame that is provided and for the pay. The metrics sometimes are to high to be met. The one thing that kept me there for so long was the co-workers, I enjoyed the people I worked with. I did learn a lot about adjusting claim and doing coverage investigations.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
work overload
Progressive
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2016
A great place to work decent compensation hours are long but over all a great place.
management is good
have learned a lot working there
cons
pros
Great place to start a long career
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2015
Wonderful culture. Progressive has been voted a top 5 Workplace to be employed at in the Tampa Bay area for 6 years straight. My day consisted of speaking to prospective and current customers regarding their insurance needs. The management was top-notch with a great work-life balance. I enjoyed my coworkers knowledge and helpfulness. The hardest part of the job was to deal with catastrophic auto accidents. The most enjoyable part of the job was to receive a thank you for a job well done.
Pros
Year End Bonus, Games, Recognition, Room for advancement
Cons
Very intensive learning at the beginning of career
did not enjoy this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHDecember 29, 2015
This is not a company that I would like to work for again, it was not a good experience. You always have to been on the phone they do not give time to breath.
Decent Company, Insidious Local Management
Damage Estimator and Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 27, 2015
After nearly 4 years with this company, favoritism and unfair treatment of employees have forced a harsh work environment with little support. Management is poorly overseen, and HR has no presence in local offices. Avoid at all costs -- there is no success to be had here without a complete management overhaul, which is nowhere in sight. You will be overworked, micromanaged, and miserable.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 26, 2015
CONFIDENTIAL - Is completely anonymous and will not be shown with your review. There is no comment at this time. Thank you.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 24, 2015
Awesome Place To Work / Relaxed Atmosphere/ Great Co Workers Great opportunity for advancement / Great Management Team / Excellent Working Conditions / Good Training Program
Benefits
Cons
Pay