Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2016
Answered incoming calls. Processed payments and endorsements for our customers. Received my 2-20 while working here. Became team leader, so I took all the difficult calls from customers. Got along well with co-workers and supervisor. Pay and good benefits were good. Hardest part was having a baby in day care. So became a stay at home mom for a while.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
With the hours I was working needed to stay at home with my child
Typical Day on the Job
Collections Represenative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work started with logging onto the computer. From there, I proceeded to skip trace and contact debtors by phone to work out a payment arrangement. I would get an hour for lunch, then upon returning from lunch follow through with any appointments I had made for contact. Once that was completed, I would continue skip tracing and contacting people through telephone leaving messages for contact as needed. Once able to reach someone, I would advise them of the debt, and attempt to work out a payment arrangement.
Pros
Free Coffee. 1 hour lunches. Good benifits. Day Shift. Got most weekends Off.
Cons
Poor Economy, Very stressful, Impossible Job demands
Progressive
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMay 22, 2016
Its a great company to work for and an even better environment. Everyday is busy. I love my co workers and management. Various shifts available.
Decent benefits, relaxed environment
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for Progressive. They had an inviting environment and awesome benefits. Dental insurance included braces and they paid a nice percentage of tuition.
The goodness in working for this company depends on which state you work out of.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2016
This company has the potential of being an excellent company to work for with the exception of working under the managerial prejudisms in the Phoenix, Arizona office(s). Also this company does not offer a retirement package.
This company also discloses information of the actual job itself until you complete the training classes (if then at all). There was one practice that I found in this company that I have not seen in a long time. That was closing a blind eye to behaviors between employees that are all but desireable (it depends on who you know to get the dangling carrot).
Pros
Performance based scheduling
Cons
It's all about who you know
Could be worse
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMay 17, 2016
Immediately you are immersed in the Progressive culture. Not a bad gig if you do not mind call center jobs. Gets monotonous.
Great training investment
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 16, 2016
Typical day at work 8am - 5pm shift. Case reviews on auto accidents, driver and passenger interviews, auto damage assessment. Made liability determinations and negotiated price points with auto-body companies.

Learned personal injury and auto damage assessment.

Management: Team structure. Frequent quantitative and qualitative analysis for case work. Periodic meetings with team leader. Great support system.

Co-workers were fellow recent college graduates. Training trips to Phoenix Arizona provided fantastic bonding opportunities and cultivated team chemistry.

Hardest part of the job was tracking down uncooperative drivers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was supporting affected drivers and passengers through medical treatment and auto repair process.
Pros
On site gym with racket ball court.
Great vibe, good management
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 16, 2016
Really enjoyed working at this location, management had positive attitudes and care about the employees. A lot of perks and benefits.
A caring place to work
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 15, 2016
Progressive is a company that cares about it's employees and customers. As an employee the benefits are fantastic and the work environment is enjoyable.
Fun
Personal Lines Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 9, 2016
A typical day consist of calls and giving quotes to people all around the nation. every one is very nice and very friendly. the pay is awesome. I enjoy the fact that I am licensed in over 22 states with more added everyday.
Pros
The fitness center
Cons
open 24/7
Busy Bee
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 8, 2016
I work in the claims department. I have been at Progressive about a year now, and in all, the place is a great place to work. However, the amount of work that one person is expected to do is outrageous. You are on salary, so no overtime pay, and you will work over.. just about 4 days a week. You get so many claims at a time that you can not hardly keep up unless you come in early and leave late.
I started and I was promoted in less than 12 weeks. However, I was told that the claims load would slow down and I would have more time to concentrate on each claim, and really give it the time it needed... that did not ever happen. I would get slammed with so many claims that I didn't think I would ever finish for the day. If they would spread the claims out and not give one person so much work to do, I would stay there forever. However, I'm not about to work my butt off for no overtime pay and never see my family because my load is so high. Maybe in the future they will see that it is hard for one person to do work that you need 2-3 people doing. Hope they read this because I really don't want to quit but after talking to management I know that nothing will change anytime soon. If you can handle the work load you will do great there. For me, it was to much and I'm cashing out. Good luck!!!
Pros
Upper Mobility
Cons
High Work Load
N/a
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 7, 2016
Progressive is a growing company that presents new and challenging opportunities each and everyday. Progressive is projected to maintain growth for years to come.
Very good company
Sales Agent - Licensed (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 4, 2016
Progressive is a great company the driving distance is the only problem I have with the company. Co workers and management were great. very easy company to work for.
Pros
good managment
Cons
driving distance
Fun place to work
Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 29, 2016
Progressive is a good job. Supervisors leave you alone and let you do your job. Pay is not very good and benefits are horrible for what you have to pay.
Pros
Supervisors let you do your job and not constantly looking over your shoulder.
Cons
Pay is not great and benefits are horrible.
Corporte Snakes
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 28, 2016
I was let go after being promoted near the end of Q4. They lied to me when I signed my exit paper work and now my unemployment for the 4 weeks I was unemployed had been denied. I have a two year old at home and did not eat to get by. The entire thing was per-meditated. I found out from a friend of mine they were planning on letting me go for weeks as well as others all the while smiling and acting as if it were normal.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor management, no job security, very political, no work life balance.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 28, 2016
I enjoy the flexible scheduling. I enjoy the assistance that they provide to help you to get where you need to be. The tenured reps welcome you and help you to enjoy working there.
progressive
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95818April 26, 2016
If you're good with problem solving, quick learning, and very good with multitasking this job is definitely for you. There's always something to do from solving a customers problems to trying to gain more customers
Long work days
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2016
I worked long hours with not much appreciation for the employees. I enjoyed my co workers but the job itself at that time was very stressful.
Good work life balance
Test Quality Lead/Agile Coach/Iteration Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2016
Work life balance is good. Good testing tool- ALM, Web-driver. Good testing methodology. I was able to work on Vendor integration project and in-house projects.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Salary
Productive an fun work environment
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 16, 2016
I feel a high sense of integrity and a very positive work culture that I would recommend anyone working there and joining the family.

within the muliple positions that I have held there, Management and supervision has been above reproach. The people that I work with a daily basis make me feel like family.

I enjoy the fact they have a cafeteria, gym, game rooms, and reading/resting rooms with recliners.

The work environment has been the best I have experienced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.