Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 29, 2016
Progressive is a good job. Supervisors leave you alone and let you do your job. Pay is not very good and benefits are horrible for what you have to pay.
Pros
Supervisors let you do your job and not constantly looking over your shoulder.
Cons
Pay is not great and benefits are horrible.
Corporte Snakes
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 28, 2016
I was let go after being promoted near the end of Q4. They lied to me when I signed my exit paper work and now my unemployment for the 4 weeks I was unemployed had been denied. I have a two year old at home and did not eat to get by. The entire thing was per-meditated. I found out from a friend of mine they were planning on letting me go for weeks as well as others all the while smiling and acting as if it were normal.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor management, no job security, very political, no work life balance.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 28, 2016
I enjoy the flexible scheduling. I enjoy the assistance that they provide to help you to get where you need to be. The tenured reps welcome you and help you to enjoy working there.
progressive
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95818April 26, 2016
If you're good with problem solving, quick learning, and very good with multitasking this job is definitely for you. There's always something to do from solving a customers problems to trying to gain more customers
Long work days
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2016
I worked long hours with not much appreciation for the employees. I enjoyed my co workers but the job itself at that time was very stressful.
Good work life balance
Test Quality Lead/Agile Coach/Iteration Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2016
Work life balance is good. Good testing tool- ALM, Web-driver. Good testing methodology. I was able to work on Vendor integration project and in-house projects.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Salary
Productive an fun work environment
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 16, 2016
I feel a high sense of integrity and a very positive work culture that I would recommend anyone working there and joining the family.

within the muliple positions that I have held there, Management and supervision has been above reproach. The people that I work with a daily basis make me feel like family.

I enjoy the fact they have a cafeteria, gym, game rooms, and reading/resting rooms with recliners.

The work environment has been the best I have experienced.
Great Company Great Wokplace
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2016
Great Company Great Workplace. Well designed management program. Good coworkers. Ten hour workdays can be grueling.
Used to be a great company to work for.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 14, 2016
The only opportunity for advancement are if you meet a certain criteria. 1 Have to be female, 2 Have to be from a certain country south of the border and 3, you would have to be of a certain orientation. This is not coming from a sour employee, rather from a disappointed one who has been with the company for years and has seen the culture change drastically in the past few years. This used to be a great company to work for. Used to be. Now they want to be number 1 industry and are willing to sacrifice the Core values and belief system that they were based on. Customer Service means nothing to the management. Sales is all that matters.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very Stressful and Micromanaged
Central Claim Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHApril 13, 2016
a typical day at work was getting 12 of the same type of claim
they expect you to take 1 hour lunch as well as 1 hour to do other peoples work by handling their calls. they are very hard on giving overtime and it is a very stressful department. but expect you to get EVERYTHING done in 8 hours

i learned that handling claims isn't for everyone but it is doable if management wasn't always on your back

management is a 2 step process. supervisors press and press about "numbers" and then throw you under the bus every chance they get when upper management gets involved

co workers are amazing

the hardest part of the job is the workload. its non stop. have to do your own investigations, review police reports, chase people down and get cursed out and when it bothers you management could care less

the most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
workload, Managment, no room for advancement
Great Place to Work!
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHApril 12, 2016
This is a place that valued its employees. There were wonderful opportunities for advancement. Management encouraged promotion.
Pros
Great Benefits, employees were valued
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 12, 2016
Great company based out of Riverview Florida the dress code is casual nothing bad to say about the company, the company is awesome
Fun yet stressful at times
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 12, 2016
Fun environment with very high call volume. Their new sales process doesn't necessarily work with every customer, but they hold you to high standards. The most fun is talking with new people on a daily basis. The hardest part is the raising the standards you're required to meet and lack of coaching to help achieve them depending on who your supervisor is. Overall the 2 years I was there were very enjoyable.
Behind the Curve!!!!
Commercial Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 10, 2016
Below industry norm for compensation benefits are about normal for most business'. People are great but opportunities for advancement are rare, Progressive will hire inexperience college grads for claims positions instead of promoting from within.
Talent leaves the company for other insurance companies due to this management approach.
Pros
People and work/life balance.
Cons
Low pay!
Poor Management
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 9, 2016
Pay was good. Hours were long including bringing home work to be completed as well as phone calls being made. I enjoy a challenge and did not mind putting in the extra time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Progressive is a great place to work.
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2016
If you like change, you'll love Progressive! The company has an excellent training program, great benefits &, competitive pay. Management is supportive, fair, and available. I stayed with company for 20 years because I was challenged, valued and felt a sense of accomplishment each and every day.
Pros
Pay, Casual Dress, Work Perks Program
Fun work place
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 6, 2016
Nice place to work ,good company with a lot of room for advancement. Pay and benefits could be better , but over all a good place to work .
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Culture, Great Pay
Multiline Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  NortheastMarch 31, 2016
Progressive is an absolutely amazing company to work for. No insurance company can beat them for pay, culture, and work environment.

There are two different worlds in claims- the field and the call centers. If you come in with a bachelors degree to the "Claims Adjuster Trainee" role, as I did, you will have a great time and get promoted quickly. But if you come into one of the call centers as a "Claims Representative" you may stay there for a long time.

On balance, call-center people ARE happier than at other insurance companies, but its still a grind.

People do get promoted out to the field from the call centers- but only the best of the best. We had someone promoted to our field office from Cleveland and after her first 3 months she was #5 in the state. You can make it with a high-school degree but you have to be exceptionally talented and hard working.

Any job in claims where you are on salary will involve long hours. I would have given 3 stars for work/life balance but they have a lot of family-friendly policies like paid parental leave. On balance they are very accommodating if you have children. Still, claims isn't for everyone. During busy times you might work 12 hour days. On the bright side, you can leave early when there aren't too many claims coming in.

Probably my favorite thing about working for Progressive is the freedom to work how I want. I don't have scripts or call metrics and I can talk to my customers like a human being. After doing well in the trainee role, I've been promoted and get to handle unusual and unique claims. No two
  more... days are alike.  less
Pros
Gaineshare, Salary, Culture, Independence
Cons
Long Hours
Horrible Management / No work life balance
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 29, 2016
The workload is crazy and the compensation is not worth the sacrifices
The Ft. Lauderdale office is a nightmare
Its like being a part of a cult if you don't drink the cool aide they black ball you
Advancement opportunities are available when they want only to positions they want
there is a lot of nepotism going on, your good work will never get you anywhere if your supervisor or manager does not like you
excellent numbers don't matter if you don't play the game you are invisible and will not get promoted
Pros
Ok benefits, healthcare is good
Cons
Horrible Work Schedule
Great Company
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMarch 29, 2016
It is a wonderful company, excellent benefits, pay is great, most enjoyable part of the job is of course the pay and the year end bonus least favorite part or hardest part would be spending the entire day on the telephone. If you are not accustomed to being on the phone all day it is difficult to do.
Pros
On site gym, quiet rooms, excellent benefits, on site health care
Cons
High stress