Progressive Employee Reviews in United States

good job
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2016
The management and the human resource department made this job unbearable. They work together to ostracize you out of a promotion or a position to give it to a chosen source of their own. It is really sad to know that this still occurs within employers.
Pros
a great job
Cons
management is unbearable.
Great
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 26, 2016
Great company to work for because the management is great and helpful. Managers are very supportive, informative, reliable, and helpful.
Just a job
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2016
Work load was very unrealistic. Credit for work done was never given to those deserved. Too many managers within same departments, this caused a lot of problems.
Heavy workload
Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 23, 2016
Worklife balance is nonexistent. The pay is decent and there is so much turnover that the opportunity for advancement is very good for anyone.
Flexible work environment
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 23, 2016
Flexible work environment.

Great Benifits

work load acceptable

Gym on site

Cafe on site

Medical Doctor On site

Great area, easy to get in and out
Pros
Good Benifits Flexible schedules
Cons
Some of Management needs to change
way to much for way too little
Progressive Insurance Sr. Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
They will continue to add work to your schedule with claims until you can't ever catch up. Very little expectations are set clear from the beginning
Pros
No dress code
Cons
Split schedule, Little leadership, work overload
Not a bad company
Inbound Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 22, 2016
Overall Progressive is a decent company to work for. Except for the fact that they work you like a trained monkey and get onto you about the little stuff. But they don't pay very well, and the Management for the most part is totally useless.

Not to mention there is absolutely no room for growth in the company. I worked there 2 years and was top 10% in the company in sales and they pay new trainees more than i was getting paid.

Its a great place to be if you want to turn your brain off and get treated like garbage all day. If you can do that the benefits are great.
Excellent Place to Work
Claims Service Rep/Claims Adjustor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 21, 2016
Great place to work that provides many great opportunities to grow and enhance within the company. A good place to come and enjoy great staff and the leaders support their staff as needed.
Great People
Production Mail Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJune 21, 2016
I learned a great deal from Progressive including how to be a leader and about my management style. I learned that everything here is earned and YOU have to make what you want happen. As with many employers, my co-workers are the best part of my job. They keep it friendly, and interesting.
Hard work is rewarded
Sr. Multiline Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 20, 2016
In my experience Progressive is a great company to work for. They have high expectations of their employees; however they also provide a great compensation package and reward good work!
Pros
Monday through Friday schedule. Good Compensation package.
Cons
High Stress.
Heavy on Stats
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2016
I worked as a insurance consultant, or customer service rep. I was there for a little over a year. Progressive's culture is for the most part pretty good. They believe in a work home life balance and that I liked.
I also liked that you had all the time in the world to work with a customer. They did not care about your handle time.
What I didn't like was that Progressive is very stat heavy. Meaning that they really do not care about the quality of your call. They care more about how you do with the different cross selling they have for the company.
This got very annoying as time went by.
Progressive does give you a bonus check at the end of the year depending on how well you cross sell.
I never got any recognition on any of my good calls or compliments I got from a customer.
The calls never stopped.
Management said it was because of their high turn around.
Pros
No call time
Cons
Stat heavy
Excellent entry level career
IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 16, 2016
For an entry level candidate, Progressive provides an excellent entry platform for the young IT professional. Having the ability to interact with technologies both old and new provides an excellent insight to how a corporation implements these technologies for their goals. The people you work with are very knowledgeable and provide a lot of information to learn from.
Pros
Excellent compensation package
Cons
Organizartional structuring could use some work
Progressive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 14, 2016
Progressive has an extremely flexible work environment and the benefits here are exceptional, everyone is just so nice here.
Good company, bad apples in management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJune 13, 2016
My division was impersonal and cold. Others are better, some are worse. Learned a lot about project management and processes. Mistreatment by managers is common, but not all of them are like that. (Mine was especially abusive.)The hardest part of the job was the dehumanizing culture, the best part was challenging problems to solve and always learning something new.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Detrimental to mental health
Great environment for entry level workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 11, 2016
I learned great customer service handling skills and listening skills from training. I also learned a great deal about insurance in general and how it works. The information that was given to me was never open for interpretation but was well defined in training.
Pros
open break schedules
Cons
things to boost worker morale
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJune 9, 2016
Progressive is busy all day everyday. It is a great place to work and I have learned a lot especially regarding insurance. The company does rotate us amongst managers so I have had a few and they were all nice. The hardest part of the job I would say was having several hundreds of calls on hold and call volume increasing and not enough staff. The best part of the job was the gainshare at the end of the year.
Opportunity for growth
Claims Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJune 8, 2016
Busy inbound call center where clients are calling to report accidents. Fast data entry, attention to detail, recording all information accurately.
I work with a Great group of people and I work in a Great Building, I enjoy coming to work here.
Claims Compliance Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJune 8, 2016
I have a fantastic Supervisor and work with a great group of people.
The atmosphere is nice and relaxing, the dress code is relaxed, casual, but professional.
Pros
We have a Cafe right in the building wohooo!
Cons
I really can't think of any
company needs to improve.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 7, 2016
Typical day at progressive was normal, we have to call in and out to receive our hours for the day. The employees we dealt with were some times rude and often gave incorrect information, at some points that was the hardest part of my day dealing with the employees and my greatest part was knowing i successfully finish my work as a care giver and my client was still alive. Often times i would ask for management but they weren't to understanding of the situation.
Pros
disability, okay hours when avaliable
Cons
long wait for a case, unable to get in contact with a agent, no work, bad communication skills
Bureaucracy
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2016
If working with multiple layers of management and even more process that impede actual work, this is the place for you.

Pragmatism and past experience will need to be discarded. Its the Progressive way.
Pros
They retain all human resources, no matter their obvious professional flaws.
Cons
They retain all human resources, no matter their obvious professional flaws.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.