Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,164 reviews matching the search
Great environment, many benefits, low stress
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 27, 2017
The management works with you to find the best solutions to issues. Overtime is available, but you are also allowed to leave early, at times.

Many of the sites offer various food options, a gym, and even medical clinics to make it convenient.

The training and licensing are paid, and pay is very competitive. They give multiple (2) chances to become licensed.
Pros
Wage, benefits, work culture, training, licensing
Incompetent management, highly stressful job
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2017
Incompetent management with high and unrealistic demands make this job stressful and unsuccessful. There is no balance for work and family life. If you not in with the clicks then you are considered an outsider. If you are a threat to the company and don't fall inline with the sheep and cattle they will do everything they can to force you out of the company. Do not work for this company it is not worth your time and health.
Pros
Cons
If your not in with the clicks they will force you out!
Very Active culture with pingpong table
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2017
Its a call center environment which does provide a variety of ways of entertainment. It has a very positive outlook and environment, people are very friendly and willing to help when you ask them to. Most people just want you or anyone else to succeed.
Pros
Great work place, good co workers
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great company to work for, depending upon the position you are in.
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMay 26, 2017
Great company, many benefits. Service job was tough due to ever changing target goals. Loved helping resolve peoples problems and giving them piece of mind that issue is resolved.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Bonuses
Cons
Every changing guidelines and metrics
Progressive Customer Service
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 25, 2017
Call Center environment, fast-paced. Very diverse work place with many personality types. Progressive embraces all cultures, races, religions and lifestyles.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Clerical work
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FloridaMay 25, 2017
Work hard as clerical support, delivering mail to dictation for adjusters recorded statements. Taking pictures of vehicles to assist agents with writing policies.
Great culture, but very high stress.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHMay 24, 2017
The people and culture at Progressive are great, however it is a very stressful job. Training is very thorough. Taking calls all day every day is the hardest part. I would rather not be sitting at a desk all day.
Pros
Cafeteria, Starbucks, Subway, art
I like working n im looking for a job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  744 broad street newark new jerseyMay 23, 2017
It very loving to work there people r very nice n i like working. It at. 744 brpad street in newark new jersey
I cant say it easy i love working n o wamt to work more . i just want to work a full time job i love working.
Pros
It good to help people i learn ny exprience
Cons
It kind of hard work when u javent done it bit i like working
Great Place to Work
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 23, 2017
Well run company that treats their employees well. Great training and pay is per the industry standard.
Can be long hours but there are worse jobs out there.
Pros
Great Training Good Pay
Cons
Heavy work load
Negative work environment
Claims Gen/Claims Admin Med Support Spec (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 22, 2017
Management and HR are partial and unable to keep confidential information. There is a severe lack of integrity throughout this company. I would encourage people to look elsewhere.
Good place to start
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 21, 2017
Progressive was a decent place to learn the business. Their training was very thorough but not always realistic. At least in my branch we worked well as a team. Pay was low for all the work that they expected.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
No overtime with a heavy workload
A Cutthroat environment and very numbers driven
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2017
I felt like I was sold on the culture and I was sold on the benefits. I was also sold on the job role and what it entails. However, when I hit the sales floor it was completely Cut Throat and there's a lot more to your role then you're sold on it in the beginning.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
They sell you on a culture. They sell a work environment that seems great. However, once you're in you quickly realize it's a call center like any other. You're a number not a person.
Progressive Insurance Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2017
From what I can recall tons of information; they were not organized into pc's like today so it was a longer call. This was frustrating for both customer and agents. I was not there that long because I got engaged and my former husband had an executive level job so we moved to Florida where I reside today. It was extremely fast paced with calls back to back to back which made my head spin making it difficult to concentrate on new issue. Co-workers and boss were friendly and we did get free lunch in a nice cafeteria. I was not so sad to leave that job it was tough but formed great experience for customer service and management and related opportunities.
Pros
Decent check, free lunches
Cons
Demanding, tough to concentrate
Passive aggressive management style
FIRE AND THEFT INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  FLMay 18, 2017
You are judged on metrics that are often out of your control. You are expected to review estimator work product as if you are their manager. If the customer feels like the estimator gave a low ball car value they will tank your survey and even if there's no evidence of poor handling on your part you are held accountable for another employee's work product and forced to give reasons on what you could have done to prevent the negative score. Customer surveys are paramount in this position. If you want to learn how to detect fraud thus wanting to pursue a role in SIU in the future this is a great position. The most enjoyable part is the overall investigation portion because fraud detection is interesting especially when a customer is trying to commit fraud.
great work environment
Insurance Adjuster - Claims Contact Rep Sr (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2017
employees encouraged to have a life outside of the work place and were provided with tons of amenities and perks that brought you back each day. Corporate seems to have the best of intentions.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMay 17, 2017
Work day is typically productive. I've learned a lot. Management is great. Job is enjoyable, very diverse, overall good atmosphere, and welcoming environment.
had to work overtime to keep up with work load
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2017
This company paid well and had good benefits but the communication to do your job was cliquish and selective (who you drank with). The upper management was very good but middle management played favorites
Pros
good salary, good benefits
Cons
hard to keep up
a day
Medical Coder I (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 16, 2017
Very out going people to work with. Great environment to work in. Very flexible with hours and schedules. On the computer most of the day though. You sit a lot
Progressive Insurance Claims
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 16, 2017
Working at the Texarkana branch of Progressive Claims was one of the most rewarding job opportunities I have had.
This job at the time was part time employment but the feel in the office was full time joy.
The management was the best and co-workers valued your time there. Customer service was exampled to each and every person who walked through the door daily. I give this business a 12 out of a 10 scale!
Pros
Great work environment
I was not there for very long
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 15, 2017
I was hired as a claims processor. Mainly just did filing, mail, answered phones, ordered police reports and ran errands for the office manager. Office was small and not very many people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval