Progressive Employee Reviews

Team Leader/Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2016
It was a great place to work right out of high school. I really enjoyed the people and how much knowledge I gained while working with the company. The company down sized in 2008 and several people were laid off.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lay off
ok
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2016
Varry good place to work
I never had any issues with management or co works
Good insensitive
lots of light
I would work for them again if given the chance
Great work from home opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 1, 2016
Progressive is a great company to work for. They foster an environment that allows you to advance your personal career along with your personal life. I also like that you can come from any previous career and Progressive will give you an opportunity.
Pros
Work from home almost immediately after being hired
Cons
Must be responsible for your own sucess
Best Job I've ever had
Claims Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2016
I love working here. Its tedious but worth it. The benefits are great and the flexibility (for my position) is a plus. My coworkers are extremely nice. My managers are cooler then the other side of the pillow.
Progressive is a great place to work at I was there for a long time, unfortunately there was not a lot of advancement for me.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 28, 2016
I would always refer anyone to Progressive it is just time for me to use my knowledge and do more for myself. There were good benefits, onsite gym and cafeteria. I just feel like I'm ready for more of a challenge.
Pros
A lot of employee recognition.
Cons
Just not a lot of room for advancement.
Amazing Workplace.
SENIOR CENTRALIZED CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 28, 2016
The work environment is so positive, and the whole moral of the company as well. They're all a huge family and very understanding. You can truly grow here and make this a career.
competitive work enviornment
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 25, 2016
Work hard and don't mess around. Jobs get done at timely matter. Very good employees to work with and easy to get along with. Long days make for a good work place.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
Full benifits
Advancement is quick and the people amazing!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 23, 2016
I worked with Progressive Insurance for 2 years and loved every minute of it. From the day I walked in for training I found myself amongst liked mined individuals. Everyone there was friendly and outgoing.
Supervisors when we hit the floor always took the time to help with any questions that I had. We were required to have some independent work ethic, however we did need sups every now and then.
The work place inside this company is fast paced. The claims department where I worked was always fast but so rewarding. I found that the most rewarding aspect was helping the customers in such a stressful time.
When looking to advance within the company all the supervisors and managers are always happy to help. I've never seen a company more committed to their employees.

**Please if you get the chance to work with such a dynamic group, jump at the opportunity. You wont be disappointed.
Pros
Great Benifits, Fun Enviorment, Carrer advancment
Cons
Stressful days
good reviews, not employed
claims adjuster trainee (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 22, 2016
I am not employed by progressive, but i am definitely interested. i want to know what it takes to get my foot in the door. i am currently in miami, fl
Pros
salary, benefits, great environment
Cons
not hired yet
Stressful Workload, but great company
Claims Adjuster Senior - Central Claims Unit (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHNovember 21, 2016
Typical day involved receiving new claims (anywhere from 5-20 per day), reviewing the claims, contacting all involved parties, completing liability and coverage investigations, and advising all parties of outcome of those investigations. Some claims required mailing of letters, multiple contacts attempts, lengthy interviews/investigations, and follow-up, others were done on the first call. The sheer volume of the claims was the overwhelming part.

Co-workers and management were great. Not a lot of socializing, due tot he workload, but we tried sometimes.

Hardest part: the amount of files received and the amount of time required for each file

Enjoyable part: helping people get their claims settled as quickly as possible
produdtive and fun place with a gym
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 19, 2016
it was nice place to work with a gym and quiet room. but i worked from home. only went in on special occasions. the hardest part was when I did have to go in. the enjoyable part was that i worked from home
Pros
a gym
Cons
Great place to work if you need a set schedule
Senior Bilingual Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
Progressive made my working experience great, always felt appreciate and was continuously rewarded for my efforts. Management worked with life changes and gave opportunities when available.
Pros
Great pay, benefits & flexibility
Cons
Short lunch break
Work/Life balane
Estimator Associate (Full time) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2016
Progressive understands that you have a life outside of work, they treat you like a human and put family first. Great work atmosphere, co-workers are friendly and always helpful, overall a very happy place to work.
Pros
Vacation time, laid back management
Cons
Work load can be heavy, shift hours
Had a good learning environment to excel in my skill
QA Analyst Lead (Current Employee) –  CONovember 10, 2016
Had a good work culture.Scope for more learning and excel in my skills.Had a friendly environment with in the team and my immediate leads.
Midwest ethics
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2016
For a big company they try to equally invest in their employees. There's a lot of bad managers, a new bred of cut throat managers trying to get ahead. But there is room for mobility.
Productive and a great place to work
Commercial Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2016
They cared about me as a person along with my carrier and helped me to advance and broaden my skills needed to complete my job. Gave back thru Gain Share payment at the end of every profitable year.
Pros
gain share
Excellent work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Progressive however i did not enjoy the selling aspect of my job. I much prefer the customer service side of things. They provide excellent training and benefits.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
long term sitting
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2016
call center so answer calls all day
help agents and customers with policies
take payments
laid back
hardest part is support is always changing
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Great Place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2016
Loved this job and would recommend to anyone looking to get experience. You get your one hour lunch and use it however and whenever (Except the first and last hour)
High volume fast paced
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 5, 2016
Progressive is a great place to work. Extensive training is provided to ensure you are adequately prepared for any position that you are hired for. Management cares about their employees and the benefits are great. Diversity in both background and experience is welcomed and celebrated.
Pros
Non smoking benefit