Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,248 reviews matching the search
Worked there for nearly 14 years.
Trainor Senior (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 23, 2017
Hard work, but rewarding.

Average Progressive rep used to last less than 18 months.

I enjoyed nearly 14 years, and if Obama had not screwed up the economy so much, would still be there I imagine.
Pros
Work long days, but freedom to do things you need to during the day.
Cons
At end, I was on the road 43 weeks a year for the last 8 years.
Was fun but times change
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2017
Less fun, more profit driven over time. Team coffee makers replaced with Kuerig. Lots of Spin such as associates called consultants. Perverse definition of "flexibility" given when limiting usage of earned time off while simultaneously increasing penalties for any attendance occurrences. R&R budget going from individual supervisor budgets (given to associates as determined by their team; usually gift cards, food, or Logo laden goods) to large parties and corporate pep rallies. Newer employees hired at higher rate than existing with no consideration for the veterans.
Pros
Good financial benefits
Cons
Changing Culture
Not a bad place for such a large company
IT DOMAIN ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2017
Progressive hires a lot of really nice people, but sometimes the focus seems to be on just all "collaborating" rather than being really productive. That can be frustrating. But it certainly isn't the worst place I've worked, and the benefits are pretty good.
Pros
6% 401k match
Cons
Some people are very stuck in their ways
Nice Perks
Multi-Product Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJuly 21, 2017
Schedule flexibility is the biggest pro, the work environment for call center employees is very relaxed and not stuffy. The management structure is odd and normally the direct supervisors have to refer you to someone else to get answers.
Claims Contact Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJuly 20, 2017
Working at Progressive is a great experience. We are given all tools needed to be successful in our roles, as well as opportunities and training to advance and excel in other roles. I am a licensed Claims Adjuster with skills to move around within the company and training is on-going an consistent. Management has always been open-door and the work environment is full of diversity, with encouragement to display your culture, as well as learn new cultures through our Culture Diversity programs and groups. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I help a customer through a very stressful event and leave them with relief and peace of mind, knowing that Progressive is there for them. The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to help someone on a call. Unfortunately, every call isn't a great experience but I am always professional and do everything in our company guidelines and procedures to assist as much as possible.
Pros
Great work environment and team effort, continuous training and education, hundreds of work perks just for being affiliated with the Progressive brand.
Cons
Irate customers
No work/life balance
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 20, 2017
Being a claims adjuster is a rewarding job if you enjoy helping people through a tough time. Investigating claims is interesting and challenging. The workload, however, makes it nearly impossible to feel like you do a good job. Customers don't get the attention they deserve. Adjusters that do well have learned how to cut corners. 50+ hours a week is normal. If you want a life, don't work here. P.S. The health insurance also is a real disappointment. Expensive and not good.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Work/life balance, health insurance
Good work
Hopper (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 19, 2017
Work good don't mess with nobody get my job done pick up trash good don't make a mess in da road don't come to work late we and all the workers get alone goof
Progressive
Trash hopper (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 19, 2017
Had a nice day at work nobody bother u I get alone with any and everyone get da trash up in a good time limited like my job and love doing it don't come to work late
Helping others
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2017
Inspect vehicles for damage sustained in accidents whether at the owners work, home or at a body shop or wrecker yard. Assist customers to get back to their pre-accident condition. Maintain rental report while vehicles are under repair.
Pros
travel and meet a variety of people, helping others
Cons
constant change in daily work processes
Good work , especially for those who like to travel. Team oriented work w/ possible advancement possbilites
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALJuly 19, 2017
Progressive is a an ok place to work ; constantly working . Some weeks will be full & elaborate with work .Others withhold a days pay & apologies . You can't work there if you don't comply with others. At any time there could be times when you guys have to work together to accomplish a goal .
Pros
Traveling, nice wages
Cons
Insurance, schedule consistency
very diverce
Lead Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 19, 2017
That will be one thing i miss is they let you be who you want to be, they do not worry about tattoos or piercings and how you dress as long as its appropriate
You are replaceable
Claims Generalist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2017
A valued employee will go along way to work hard for a company. Even more so, an employee that has done their best to do their job the right way is one that more attention should be paid and not treated as replaceable.
Fun place to work, but cliques galore
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 18, 2017
Great training, benefits, flex-time, etc.
Only one local office in Hawaii, very clicky. If you aren't part of the "cool kids" be prepared to have no friends there.
High turnover, due to above reasons. A lot of micromanagement. If you stick it out, great ability to move up since everyone quits so much.
Pros
Training, benefits, flex-time, company events
Cons
co-workers, management, supervisors
dont make any mistakes
Insurance Agent (property & Causality) (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHJuly 18, 2017
i made a mistake, and was unaware of the mistake. the company does not allow for mistake. Training was okay except for it felt like i was back in grade school, and the classroom at times did not feel safe. I went to management and they say one thing to your face and then do another. So i guess all in all i did not have a positive experience. But don't let that stop you, good pay, good benefits, just make sure you paid your city taxes, because it can cost you a job at progressive.
Pros
food court was nice
Cons
dont make any mistakes, because it could mean your job.
n/a
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJuly 17, 2017
I think it's an ok place to work if you like being on the phone and answering calls back to back non stop. I actually learned a lot about auto insurance, things I didn't know before I starting working there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A challenging place to work
Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJuly 15, 2017
I was an insurance agent for all 50 states. I took calls for all of those states which was the most challenging part of the job because all states have different insurance laws. I enjoyed the flexibility of the job and I had good pay and benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many phone calls
Balanced Work Enviornment
Claims Department (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 15, 2017
Overall, there is a decent work life balance. They offer good health care benefits. Most of the coworkers are nice and easy to get along with. The company has a good culture.
Look Elsewhere Before Accepting a Claims Position
Claims Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
The Good:

Nice Co-Workers all stuck in the same boat as you

The Bad:

Management - favoritism at its worst
Low employee morale
Non-existent work life balance. 55 to 60 hours per week needed just to stay afloat. All hours over 40 are UNPAID. Don't be fooled by the term "salary".
Far too much work for any one person to complete. Lots of employees came in on off days and weekends to catch up.
Very high turnover rate -when other employees quit, guess you gets all of their old and overdue claims? That's right! You.
Very difficult to take vacation/sick time because of how far you will fall behind. Take off 1 day and come back to 2 days of work when you return.

This is a CALL CENTER type of job. They try to make it sound like it is not during the interview, but you are absolutely required to take 1-800 calls for claims all day. You will be constantly interrupted by ringing phones when you are trying to complete your own claims.

Most claimants you speak with are stressed out because they just had an auto accident. Understandable. Claims is not an easy job, but I enjoy helping customers. Progressive didn't allow me to do that. They simply want you to get people off the phone. It is impossible to give a claim the attention it needs and conduct a fair claims investigation under those circumstances.

Avoid claims at all costs. In hindsight, I wish I had left much sooner instead of spending so much time and energy trying to make it work.
Pros
Helpful Co-workers
Cons
No work-life balance, poor office morale, high turnover rate
No good
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJuly 13, 2017
If you are a workaholic this is your company.

Workload is unmanageable. They will preach about how it will get better. They hire 2 people , after 5 quit. That means more work for you!

You need to attend the work environment meetings, so they can tell you how awesome the environment is- without improving anything.

Don't want to work 65+ hours a week? They will find a way to fire you.

They pay decent at first glance. Calculate hours worked vs your paycheck and you are making $10/hr.

They have good benefits, but you end up using all your time off getting sick from the stress and germs of the office.
Pros
good benefits, decent entry level pay
Cons
Workaholic Culture, no work/life balance
Progressive
Claims Generalist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 13, 2017
I enjoy the organization and the branch where I work. I appreciate the role in which I work; it is rewarding to assist customers and I enjoy the coverage investigations. I wish there was more opportunity for advancement. I have been here for six years and feel like the pay does not adequately reflect my success here at the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.