Progressive Employee Reviews

Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Great company to work with, many hours available. You can also choose hours and days you can work.work is not hard if you love the healthcare and helping others.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Worked as a team wirh the nurse, but i worked alone at patients home
Very good Employee friendly rules on the book that doesnt transpire to reality
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Progressive is a very good workplace for those who dont see advancement in career. Management most of the time is not aware of the product and technically very ill knowledge.
Pros
Good training facilities
Cons
bad maangement
Do not work in Fort Myers, Florida for Progressive Insurance
Managed Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Do not work for the claims department for Progressive Insurance in Fort Myers, Florida. The management is horrible. You do not get a lunch, and they expect you to work overtime with no compensation for it. If you do want to work for Progressive Insurance I would work in Ohio where their headquarters are.
Pros
Cons
No lunch, no pay for overtime, horrible managers
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Lead/Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
- Great work-life balance
- Good benefits
- A complete People company. It takes great care of its employees.
- Great co-workers. Always willing to mentor and coach.
- Lot of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) serving different sections of the society and welcoming to all.
Fast paced and enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work was taking back to back calls from Progressive insureds. Maintaining policies, making changes, providing billing information, etc. It is a very self-developed environment, management is available but you are in charge of your day to day duties. It is an office location so you are surrounded by your team members who provide lots of support and help. The hardest part of my job was the repetitive nature of the position, most calls ran the same way. The most enjoyable part was being able to help others, customers and other members of my team.
Pros
Your own choice of when you take your breaks and lunches
Cons
Lack of support and information from superiors.
Productive and fun place to work
Fire & Theft Representative (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Progressive was a good company to work for. They look out for their employees and provide flexibility to accommodate work/life balance. I found it difficult to advance. There were plenty of opportunities for lateral movements, but not many for advancement.
Awesome company
Bilingual Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Progressive appreciates each and every employee and gives us all the tools we need to achieve our daily goals. My management is always helpful and willing to train us accordingly.
Not a very good employer to work for.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 15, 2016
The overall rating of 3.8 (at the time of me writing this review) seems to be a little bit inflated. It all comes down to your immediate supervisor. If you're lucky enough to get a supervisor who actually knows what they're doing and know how to not unnecessarily irritate their employees, then you should be fine.

Company wide, there isn't very much emphasis put on employee satisfaction. So if you're unlucky enough to get an immediate supervisor who doesn't know how to interact with people, you're going to have a rough go of it. The turnover rate here is phenomenally high, and most of the time it has everything to do with wanting to get away from overreaching and seemingly unregulated management who lacks the people skills to retain employees, which in turn ends up costing the company a lot of money.
Pros
Pay is better than average .....
Cons
Sometimes the pay just isn't worth it .....
Decent place to work
Senior Multi-line Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 13, 2016
Good training program, tech savvy company that tries to stay ahead of the curve. Pay is average but work/life balance is not the greatest. Limited opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Technology
Cons
work/life balance
high stress
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2016
Due to rapid growth, work load and expectations are unrealistic without working a 60+ hour work week. No overtime, salary only. Training department is mediocre at best, and again, due to rapid growth, hiring/training became less efficient, therefore more errors were being made from new hires which only resulted in more work for the rest of the employees. HR needs to figure it out and hire quality trainers.
Ok Place
Sales/Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 11, 2016
Typical day would be clocking into your phone getting to use some of the read time you have to see what is new and updated over the company or if there have been any changes to any of the guidelines we may need to know. Once you are done reading you go right in to taking phone calls you would get two 15 min breaks plus your 60 mins for lunch. On busy days this could make it for a very long day of taking call after call after call with not time in between. I have learned a great deal about insurance and how some states are stricter than other when it does come to insurance. Management is ok sometimes. They say they will be giving you feedback on your calls and there is room to advance in the company. The hardest part of the job is taking the calls after calls and not having the time in between when you get a rude customer.
Pros
Benefits Are good, Feedback
Cons
Short breaks, taking call after call after call, Not getting the required feedback you need, No room to really advance in the company, Number base driving.
medical adjuster (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Working at Progressive was awesome! It's truly a great company to work for. The manager are always there to help you with whatever you need and their very understanding when it comes to family.
Progressive Review
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHAugust 31, 2016
This company has some job security, however it is not wiling to let you move up in the company. I learned a lot about the insurance field and how the auto insurance industry works in different states,
Fun and innovative
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHAugust 27, 2016
A typical work day was challenging but interesting in handling inbound calls in a high pressured environment. I learned about things of Property and Casualty insurance that I didn't know before working there. Management was fun and very supportive. My co-workers were also fun and I had build long lasting relationships with a few . The hardest part of the job was not being to always give the customer what they wanted. The most enjoyable part of the job was building the relationship with the customer, because since it was on the phone everything was a mystery.
Pros
Nice pay, perks, great hours, fun environment
Cons
N/A
Good work environment
Fire and Theft Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2016
Progressive has a wonderful culture
Work 8am-5pm
Extensive training
Stress free management
Peak season can be challenging due to claim volume
Annual salary reviews and gain share
will discriminate due to any criminal record
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHAugust 26, 2016
This company made me wait 7 weeks to hear back after I passed all the interviews I was denied the call center position because I have a minor misdemeanor (a tactic from my ex husband and his lawyer). I was employed by a school system prior to this opportunity and I was denied answering phones! Phones for goodness sake! Lol.
Difficult place to work if one is highly educated
Claims Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2016
Progressive does not value advanced degrees or CPCU designations which, unfortunately, slowed my career. Moreover, most managers from branch to regional were most unprofessional, often boorish and even buffoonish. To be frank, it seemed most of the male managers still thought they were in a fraternity house and acted accordingly. For example, cherry bombs were exploded in the parking lot, men would use the women's restrooms, cursing and outright yelling at employees was common, etc.

It is a good job for someone just graduating from college but I would not suggest staying longer than three years.
Pros
good starter job for a college graduate
Cons
Highly unprofessional work environment
good
Auto insurance Contact Center Representatives (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2016
good work environment
management is good also
got a good health plan and benefits
and good scheduling
energetic and helpful people
It was a place for younger generations who did not mind working a different shift everyday.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
I started just out of high school, working there for a total of 5.5 years. It was amazing because I love art. The cons for that job, is that when I got married, there was no lee-way in taking time off.
Great employees and team enviroment
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tampa floridaAugust 17, 2016
A typical work day consists of helping customer through difficult times.
Setting up repairs to their vehicles and setting up rentals.
I learned a lot in how a call center operates and the flow of how to handle difficult situations.
Management is extremely helpful they want you to succeed.
Co-workers are great they are fun to work with and very helpful when in need of resolving problems or just day to day tasks.
The hardest part of the job is workload you must stay focused or you won't be successful.
The best part of the job is when you help someone through their difficult situations and you are successful in doing so.
Pros
Great people, great benefits
Cons
Early on it will be very time consuming, it will get easier if you are focused.