Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

Running and traying at a mail inserter
Production Mail Specialist (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHJuly 8, 2014
I learned even the lowest person on the team can still make a huge difference to the team. Giving 110% is the only way to work for a ccompany.
Good Training centers for all employees
Claims Processor III (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioJuly 7, 2014
Pros: lots of job opportunities available to persons who may need to relocate
Cons: monday through friday schedules can be difficult to obtain
The company has excellent packages and compensation. The most difficult part of the job is the constant influx of new claims and the pressure to close existing claims.
overal ok
Claims Generalist Intermediate (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJuly 7, 2014
Compensation was a little behind other companies ion the area, promotional opportunities sometimes seemed pre-determined
A JOB NOT A CAREER
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: ability to work overtime and heath benefits starting imediatly
Cons: all the new standards
VERY STRESSFUL JOBS LOTS OF METRICS AND NOT ENOUGH TIME.
HARDEST PART IS JUST TAKING CALLS WHEN IN A SLAM AND YOU JUST GOT CURSED OUT BY THE PRIOR CALL.
Great place to work with good benefits and incentives
Customer Relations Manager / Policy Management (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and incentives, team focused atmosphere
Cons: occasional rude/abrasive customers
I mostly did policy changes and reviews for customers. The work was mentally stimulating and I learned more than I ever thought there was about insurance and how it works. Management was well trained and helpful with a few exceptions. My co-workers were great and the company goes out of it's way to build a team mentality. The hardest part of the job – more... was dealing with the angry and irate customers, but there was an escalation team in case things got out of hand. The best part of the job was the sense of camaraderie and the benefits/incentives. – less
Take incoming Calls from Claims Adjusters and Customers. Daily Balancing and Daily tasks that involving correcting issues on various accounts.
Draft Coordinator (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 1, 2014
Pros: gainsharing every year
Cons: healthcare
On a daily basis, I speak with Claims Adjusters, Customers, Attorneys and Police Officers. We provide copies to tehm for proof of payment or possible frauduent claims. Reconcile drafts and checking accounts for claims payments. Resolve banking errors including duplicate drafts, draft numbers corrections, and draft amount corrections.
I work with a group – more... of energetic co-workers who know their jobs and they are willing to assist each other complete our daily tasks.
The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers, the relationship I've made with the Adjusters, whom I speak with on a daily basis and the diversity of our company.
I don't have a hard part of my job, we help each other out if we are stuck on something. – less
IT Buyer
• Developed Audit Strategies
• Database Management/Payroll/Subcontractors/Project Management
• Oracle/HRMS/JD Edwards/Work Force Management Systems
Great company
Sales / Service Representative, Licensed (Current Employee), Okc OKJune 27, 2014
AOL was a great company to work for. They did however close their doors in 2006.
I worked a temporary assignment at Progressive
"Returned Mail Project" facilitator (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: large campus, fun, gym, cafeteria, games, parties, advancement for permanent employees
Cons: very difficult to become a permanent employee.
I worked a temporary assignment at Progressive. It was originally for three months but lasted 18 months.

Progressive promotes from within and protects their employees. The only way to become a full-time, permanent employee is to start on phones at odd hours. This is great for their present employees, of which my daughter is one (11 years and advancing – more... rapidly). Not so good for us on the outside.

Progressive is a fun, innovative place to work and I would recommend that anyone give it a try! – less
Great company. Great people.
Claims Contact Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLJune 18, 2014
Progressive is an employee-focused company that is well managed and results driven. Customer retention is the primary goal thru excellent customer experience and connection. Management does a great job of keep morale up behind the scenes with rewards and recognition. I have been there 15 years and really have no complaints.
Call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: great work experience
Call center for auto insurance. Quoted and bound auto insurance.
Fast-paced environment with lots of perks
Claims Customer Service Adjuster (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of claimants
Flexible work hours allow for home/work balance.
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, 401k, flexible hours
Cons: call center is a central location requiring a potential long commute.
Over all a great company. Not an industry that cones and goes and has been in business for over 75 years.
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Security Analyst (Former Employee), Mayfield VillageJune 14, 2014
High energy organization. Technology driven, very forward thinking
Fast paste work, knowlege, focus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 14, 2014
Pros: long lunch time and flex break
Cons: schedules
Provide client with policy information, make changes on policies as require. Deal with client that were upset because of guide lines. Very low co-worker relationship. Management focus customer satisfaction answer phone call in timely managers and solution solving.
Very Stressful
Licensed Agent (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: sitting all day and not having the opportunity to move around
* Sat behind a desk all day and took phone calls.
*I learned a lot about the insurance business.
*Management was not very "user friendly" at times.
*Co-workers were nice but had their own agenda.
* The hardest part about the job was sitting all day.
* The pay was great and benefits as well.
Nice work environment
CSR/IVT Rep (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 13, 2014
A typical day consisted of high volume inbound phone calls. I learned how to provide second to none customer service and management were key in making sure this was top priority. My co workers were very fun and pleasant o work with in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was when things were out of my control (i.e. state laws). The most enjoyable – more... part was being able to help educate customers on what they have and how it benefits them. – less
A lot of perks and a lot of work
Claims Contact Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, gym, health center, yearly celebration, competitive pay, great 401k matching
Cons: heavy workload, often rude customers
At Progressive I was part of an inbound call taking team called "Blended Glass". I was scheduled to take accident claim calls and glass claim calls.

When taking accident claims I gathered all pertinent information regarding an accident from insured parties, claimant parties, family members, attorneys, police officers, medical personnel, and many others. – more... I used the information to set up claims and scheduled follow up phone calls from claims adjusters.

When taking glass claims I gathered all pertinent information regarding vehicle glass damage from insured parties, claimants, glass repair specialists, and a few other parties. I used the information to set up and adjust claims, schedule repairs, approve payments, deny claims and send correspondence.

I learned a lot of useful information about car insurance. I also learned how to use the advanced phone system that is in place in most call centers.

I've made lasting friendships with a few of my coworkers. I can say with confidence that most of the people hired by Progressive are intelligent, friendly, hard working people.

The hardest part of the job was how busy it often was. Because I had two different jobs I was required to switch between the two as needed. For example, if I was scheduled to take glass claims and the accident claims department became busy I was required to switch to the accident claim queue in order to lessen the workload on their end.

The most enjoyable part of the job was, to be honest, the fact that I got to sit down. This was my first job during which I did not have to stand all day. – less
Productive Holistic Environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 12, 2014
Working at Progressive Insurance has taught me to be a fast learner who adapts quickly to new responsibilites. I am highly self motivated which helps me do the best I can no matter the task. I have the ability to solve problems, and get the job done efficiently the first time. Having a strong work ethic also contributes to making me a dependable employee
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Pros: great coffee and goodies in the break room, free lunches, easy vacation
Cons: micromanagement, workload
Progressive is a good company to work for. They have many great perks like tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedules, its easy to request time off or leave for an emergency. They also strive to create a fun work environment and yes there really is a ping pong table in the conference room and a wii. Do not apply if you cannot handle strict job expectations – more... and a heavy workload. Do not apply if you cannot handle people yelling at you because they think they are entitled to something. Do not apply if a micromanaging style does not work for you. There are controls for controls and everything is monitored. Progressive is almost manic about perfection and quality so be prepared to meet high expectations. This is not a company for slackers. – less

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more