Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,046 reviews matching the search
Great place to work if you need a set schedule
Senior Bilingual Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
Progressive made my working experience great, always felt appreciate and was continuously rewarded for my efforts. Management worked with life changes and gave opportunities when available.
Pros
Great pay, benefits & flexibility
Cons
Short lunch break
High volume fast paced
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 5, 2016
Progressive is a great place to work. Extensive training is provided to ensure you are adequately prepared for any position that you are hired for. Management cares about their employees and the benefits are great. Diversity in both background and experience is welcomed and celebrated.
Pros
Non smoking benefit
Progressive
Senior Multi-lines Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 8, 2017
Progressive can be a great place to work if you have the right personality for the corporate environment and culture that existed when I worked there. I do not miss it.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Progressive - Stay Clear
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Management is not good. You always feel like you have a target on your back. Look out for yourself and don't trust anyone. They promote fear in senior leaders. They say they have an open door policy, but behind the scenes they frown upon it. Its all a show.
Benefits
Cons
Poor senior leadership
just a paycheck, not a career move
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2017
Training is all web based. You better pick it up or you will have a problem, recently the company has undergone upper management overhaul. Everything is all about the money, they say they are about customer service but it is all about the money. The job has become matrix and numbers, if you cannot cross sell enough product and meet the continuing changing required monthly matrix , your job is threatened. Shifts are now by bid and by performance, so again if you do sell enough , then you go to the bottom of the bid , they have no issue letting you know that you do not meet their needs. It has nothing to do with customer service and performance, it is only about numbers and money. Not a fun place to work.
OK place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 14, 2016
Needs better management and bidders. No 401K co-workers are great.

Long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills.
Cons
family owned minimal advancement
Do not work in Fort Myers, Florida for Progressive Insurance
Managed Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Do not work for the claims department for Progressive Insurance in Fort Myers, Florida. The management is horrible. You do not get a lunch, and they expect you to work overtime with no compensation for it. If you do want to work for Progressive Insurance I would work in Ohio where their headquarters are.
Pros
Cons
No lunch, no pay for overtime, horrible managers
Fun place to work, Work load made it impossible to stay!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 30, 2016
I worked in the claims department. Progressive was a great place to work. However, the amount of work that one person is expected to do is outrageous. You are on salary, so there is no overtime pay, and you will have to work over about 4-5 days a week to keep up. You get so many claims at a time that you can not hardly keep up unless you come in early and leave late, which is what I was doing.
I was told that the claims load would slow down, but that did not ever happen. I would get slammed with so many claims that I could not finish in a day. If they would spread the claims out and not give one person so much work to do, I would have stayed there forever. However, I'm not about to work 55-60 hours a week with no overtime pay and never see my family because my work load is so high. Maybe in the future they will see that it is hard for a single person to do the work that you need 2-3 people doing. After speaking with management I know that nothing will change anytime soon. Work load was to much and I had to resign.
Benefits
Cons
Work load & Working 55-60 hours a week to keep up and not being compensated for it.
Stressful Workload, but great company
Claims Adjuster Senior - Central Claims Unit (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHNovember 21, 2016
Typical day involved receiving new claims (anywhere from 5-20 per day), reviewing the claims, contacting all involved parties, completing liability and coverage investigations, and advising all parties of outcome of those investigations. Some claims required mailing of letters, multiple contacts attempts, lengthy interviews/investigations, and follow-up, others were done on the first call. The sheer volume of the claims was the overwhelming part.

Co-workers and management were great. Not a lot of socializing, due tot he workload, but we tried sometimes.

Hardest part: the amount of files received and the amount of time required for each file

Enjoyable part: helping people get their claims settled as quickly as possible
Advancement is quick and the people amazing!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 23, 2016
I worked with Progressive Insurance for 2 years and loved every minute of it. From the day I walked in for training I found myself amongst liked mined individuals. Everyone there was friendly and outgoing.
Supervisors when we hit the floor always took the time to help with any questions that I had. We were required to have some independent work ethic, however we did need sups every now and then.
The work place inside this company is fast paced. The claims department where I worked was always fast but so rewarding. I found that the most rewarding aspect was helping the customers in such a stressful time.
When looking to advance within the company all the supervisors and managers are always happy to help. I've never seen a company more committed to their employees.

**Please if you get the chance to work with such a dynamic group, jump at the opportunity. You wont be disappointed.
Pros
Great Benifits, Fun Enviorment, Carrer advancment
Cons
Stressful days
Great employer
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2017
Great benefits package, very flexible work schedule available, excellent training and support for employees, good advancement options
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
N/A
Pretty okay
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 12, 2017
its a decent start. the attendance policy is very confusing. I've seen lots of people fired over miscommunication. Everyone seems to be working under different rules, management is not transparent.
Pros
pto, absame, and green alerts
Cons
attendence policy
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHFebruary 19, 2017
The work-life balance here was excellent, and the pay was great for the position. Also had some excellent benefits such as paid time off, paid holidays, 401k and on-site lunch.
Good work environment
Fire and Theft Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2016
Progressive has a wonderful culture
Work 8am-5pm
Extensive training
Stress free management
Peak season can be challenging due to claim volume
Annual salary reviews and gain share
Great benefits and people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHOctober 27, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Progressive. However I do not believe they reward you enough for your ability to sell. The sales culture is very average and they under pay their producers.
Pros
Benefits, environment
Cons
Compensation
great work culture and facilities
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 31, 2017
I worked here during recession, compensation was an issue. the only reason I left was to increase my income. A career worthy company.
Pros
nice facilities very clean and up to date.
Cons
compensation
Culture is a mirage in local office
Fire and Theft Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 28, 2016
Its a do as I say not do as I do culture. Management thinks your job is to make their job easier when the reason they have a job is because of you. The customers are treated better than the employees.
Good company, bad apples in management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJune 13, 2016
My division was impersonal and cold. Others are better, some are worse. Learned a lot about project management and processes. Mistreatment by managers is common, but not all of them are like that. (Mine was especially abusive.)The hardest part of the job was the dehumanizing culture, the best part was challenging problems to solve and always learning something new.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Detrimental to mental health
Heavy on Stats
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2016
I worked as a insurance consultant, or customer service rep. I was there for a little over a year. Progressive's culture is for the most part pretty good. They believe in a work home life balance and that I liked.
I also liked that you had all the time in the world to work with a customer. They did not care about your handle time.
What I didn't like was that Progressive is very stat heavy. Meaning that they really do not care about the quality of your call. They care more about how you do with the different cross selling they have for the company.
This got very annoying as time went by.
Progressive does give you a bonus check at the end of the year depending on how well you cross sell.
I never got any recognition on any of my good calls or compliments I got from a customer.
The calls never stopped.
Management said it was because of their high turn around.
Pros
No call time
Cons
Stat heavy
Call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 14, 2017
High volume structured call center. Work is difficult for anyone who doesn't want to be stuck in one physical position 8 hours a day.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Favoritism among management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval