Progressive

Progressive United States Employee Reviews

Great pay and environment but VERY STRESSFUL HOURS!
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHApril 7, 2015
Pros: Pay and I got an early raise
Cons: Hours, stressful calls, no family life
I REALLY ENJOYED THE PAY AND EVEN TAKING CLAIMS (VERY STRESSFUL AT TIMES BECAUSE YOUR CONSTANTLY TAKING CALLS..SOME PEOPLE YELLING OTHERS NICE SOME CRYING EVERYDAY) BUT THE HOURS WERE VERY STRESSFUL FOR ME AND MY HOME LIFE!! I PUT IN REQUESTS TO CHANGE MY HOURS BUT KEPT GETTING DENIED! I WASN'T ABLE TO SPEND TIME WITH MY SON BECAUSE WHEN I GOT OFF IT WAS 9 PM AND I GOT HOME AT 10. I WOULD HAVE TO GET MY SON FROM MY MOMS AND IT BECAME SO STRESSFUL THAT I WASNT EATING LIKE I SHOULD AND I GOT VERTIGO FROM SITTING ALL DAY. I WENT TO THEIR DOCTOR FEELING LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT AND AFTER THAT I HAD TO QUIT. IF I HAD BETTER HOURS I COULD HANDLE THE JOB..OTHERWISE I WOULD NEVER WORK THERE!!
Great Compensation and Benefits - Bad Experience
Claims Generalist Associate (Current Employee), Laredo, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Compensation and Benefits
Cons: Management did not Help
They really take care of you because the work is a bit stressful and fast paced. But understandable. They take care of you really well. In my experience it was a bad to horrible one because of the lack of support and help from management, as I was working at a remote location away from any help...only help was through a chat and even then they would take for ever and made it really tough when you have customers waiting on the line. They did not take it into consideration and just through claims at you.
I understand that it was a rare case that I was involved in, as anyone working at a regular office with help a couple of feet away. Just make sure you are not working alone and far from help.
great place mostly
medical claims adjuster (Current Employee), iselin, njApril 6, 2015
Progressive is overall a great place to work. The standards are high, but not impossible. Most importantly they seem to attract great people so it makes for a great work environment. Management is very approachable and available.
Great place to work but limited growth potiential
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good work-life balance, amazing people
Cons: geographic restrictions for growth
I have been with Progressive for almost 11 years and let me say that they have a wonderful corporate culture. The people who work there are absolutely fantastic.

The reason I may leave is because of lack of upward advancement. That's not because there are no opportunities because there are. The only problem is that I would have to move to Cleveland or Colorado Springs and I'm not interested in moving from Tampa.
awesome place
Personal Lines Insurance Sales (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 1, 2015
Great company to work for but I am driving over 2 hours to work. Working for the company is very relaxed but professional and they take very good care of their employees
meh
RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), colorado springsMarch 31, 2015
company has changed a lot in the past few years. It is more focused on profit than employee and customer satisfaction. Good place to start, but that is it.
Not flexable for new employees family emergencies
Insurance Sales Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 31, 2015
As a new hire the process to obtain my license was great the "OJT" was awful. No consideration was given for a new employee experiencing a major death in immediate family.
Productive fun place to work
Licensed Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2015
good company the most enjoyable part of the job I like is helping others. I learned a lot of different sales techniques and skills
Decent yet too large
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Entry Level
Cons: Bloated Corporation
Progressive provides an excellent work environment and good training. However the call flow is over bloated with too many either unrelated metrics or conflicting goals. Unfortunately for the company and each of its employees these lofty and unrelated programs interfere with what should be the focus - selling insurance. For an entry level professional or someone wanting to learn insurance they are a good choice, for experienced professionals or dedicated sales persons (that want to sell and perform a direct function) seek elsewhere.
Good Company, Good People
Claims Generalist Intermediate Adjuster (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great People, Compensation & Benefits
Cons: No local advancement opportunity
I have nothing bad to say about Progressive Insurance as an employer. If you work hard you will be rewarded. Unfortunately in the market that I live in there is little advancement opportunity locally.
Last jobs.
Merchant Support Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 23, 2015
Taking calls and interacting with co-workers, working on more than one screen at a time. the jobs ive worked at were really enjoyable companies that cared about their co-workers and company and made sure everything was up to date as far as systems.
Doesn't feel like a call center
Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 23, 2015
Progressive is one large bulding and the make sure you are properly trained and ready for the world once you hit the floor. great team
Terrible atmosphere accompanied by a terrible management.
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2015
They strictly higher people who can manipulate and have no long term professional goals. If you are in school and need a part time job I would only then recommend this company.
Energetic Enviornment
Licensed Medical & Claims Ajuster (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: team basted
Cons: growth limited
Team oriented/knowledge basted/skilled supervisors/up to date technology/on sight training/support staffing /outside source benefits/acknowledgement for job well done
Large stable company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 19, 2015
Offers decent compensation and benefits. Very helpful work environment including co-workers and management. Typical business casual work environment. Offers rewards for personal accomplishments.
I can't pass the online test
applicant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits, nice coworkers
Cons: getting hired is a mystery
I have years of experience meeting and exceeding goals in fast paced call center environment with other large companies and I can not seem to pass the online test.

It must be bad because the woman who was due to get a referral bonus if I got hired has cooled our friendship.

I've learned that I don't cut it as part of the Progressive culture. I've heard the work environment is chill and coworkers generally get along.

The hardest part of the job is passing the online test, they are very upfront that it will disqualify you for six long months and neither Progressive nor the third party administrating the test will share any detail or offer suggestions.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 11, 2015
I would ring out customers for purchases and for service items. I was responsible for opening and closing all registers. I would count down the drawers and make sure all money was accounted for. I was responsible for making schedules for the cashiers. I worked with a great staff and management.
Great Place to work
Supervisor Central Response (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: career advancement
Excellent place to build a career. Endless growth possibilities. excellent culture great management. Challenging work no day is the same.
A good lace to work at times
Enterprise Project Management (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMarch 10, 2015
Pros: culture, people, campus
Cons: some people
The culture is very good. It is a great place to work as long as you work with the right people. Most of the divisions are really good but you could find yourself getting moved to a new team where the dynamics are bad and make your work life hard.
Great people but not enough for work load
Complexity Adjustor (Current Employee), Bedford, NHMarch 9, 2015
Difficult to balance work/life and assistance is difficult to find due to multiple meetings for managers on a weekly basis.

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries