Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

fun but commute was troublesome
customer service rep (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: training, flexible schedules, benefits
Cons: commute
loved working at progressive but the 65 trek one way was my demise. Training was ongoing and scheduled.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 9, 2014
Process applications for, changes to, reinstatement of, and cancellation of insurance policies. Duties include reviewing insurance applications to ensure that all questions have been answered, compiling data on insurance policy changes, changing policy records to conform to insured party's specifications, compiling data on lapsed insurance policies – more... to determine automatic reinstatement according to company policies, canceling insurance policies as requested by agents, and verifying the accuracy of insurance company records. – less
Great Place to Work!!!
Inbound/Outbound Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: on-site gym, on-site cafeteria and great pay
Cons: day to day work can become repetitive and boring.
Extensive training and on-boarding for the first few months. Then out to the floor to sale.
Very little room for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoJune 5, 2014
The best parts about working at Progressive were the co-workers and the health insurance offered. I've met some really amazing people there who will be life long friends.
The worst parts were the location of the office, the management team who refuse to help you succeed and advance, the grueling requirements of the low-level employees and the inability – more... to move up in the company for basic customer service reps. – less
Great experience
Claims Generalist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 2, 2014
Great learning opportunity for new grad. Always busy, never a dull moment
A good educational job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: competitive pay and good benefits
A good job to teach you about personal insurance and other insurance fields.
Employee friendly environment, Progressive culture
Combined Services Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 21, 2014
Pros: many giveaways, encouraging supervisors
Cons: little growth opportunities
The typical day at work for me is primarily focused on customer service, were I take inbound phone calls regarding our insured's policies. The general questions are concerning billing, or adding vehicles and numerous other policy changes. This involves using many search databanks, and guidelines are written separately for each state, so this requires – more... fast reading, extensive knowledge of computer use and savvy customer service abilities.
The management is extremely knowledgable, and they are always willing to coach on new laws or company requirements.
Like most office complexes, my co-workers are from all different backgrounds, representing many beliefs and cultures. One of the great things about Progressive is the company encourages this diversity.
The hardest part of the job, and often the most rewarding, is servicing customers who need help understanding the policy they have, or folks who are upset over a change the company or industry has made. This leads into the most enjoyable part of the job, genuinely satisfying a customer. – less
Great work place and environment
IT Systems Engineer Senior (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMay 21, 2014
Very flexible and good work environment. Allows you to grown into yourself.
An Impossible work environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (licensed) (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHMay 19, 2014
Progressive is a hellish place to work. They set you up to fail. Employees are made to feel that their jobs are at risk, it is hard to get time off. The pay is not worth the aggravation of dealing with their customers. The company has very unfriendly customer and employee policies.
Progressive IT Helpdesk
IT Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2014
Pros: offsite events
Cons: short breaks and short lunch period
Come in and get login to phone, to start the day. Cannot be late by more then 12 minutes. Then start taking calls. The calls would be either from the policy side or Claims side. Policy side would usually be an issue with software or they computers would not be working. The work from home agents would have network issues. I would document the issues – more... and then resolve their issue or escalate ticket to the team that supported that platform. For claims rep it would 9 times out 10 be a computer issue. Would do a safeboot on their system and if that did not correct issue would have to send them a new laptop. Sometimes the issue was their air cards were not connecting to the providers network and they could not access Progessive software. Would walk reps through the steps to reconnect or do a reboot and then reconnect. If could not resolve they would have to call back when in a Progressive Claims office and we would reinstall the software.

We were usually very busy but when we had down time my coworkers and I would talked about issue with software and or hardware and support each other.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my customers. – less
One of the BEST places to work in Austin
Texas Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: not very stressful and fun people to work with
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
Great work environment with a relaxed and positive feeling. Exceptional benefits including on-site healthcare and a full gym. The company went above and beyond to create fun and unusual activities for the employees including carnivals, hot dog lunches provided by the managers and fun and games. Overall, a GREAT place to work!
Enjoy Work/Life Balance
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee), Bothell, WAMay 12, 2014
I enjoy what I do for Progressive. Having complete autonomy, my manager treats me as a professional thus having a good work relationship and work environment.
Fun place to work with the public
Glass Claim Adjuster (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 7, 2014
Creativity is a must and is greatly celebrated. Working with customers in achieving the goals in their own creativity is very rewarding.
call center environment with call center metrics
Customer Preservation Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 6, 2014
Pros: onsite medical center
Cons: lack of flexibility
I enjoyed my time at Progressive until management and I were unable to come to an agreement due to some family/personal issues.
13 good years
Customer Preservation Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much opportunity for advancement
As a customer preservation specialist, a typical day included taking inbound calls in a call center. The calls were a mix up of customers wanting to cancel their policies, or not happy with their rates, customers who needed to make changes on policies, rewriting previously canceled policies, and cross-selling new products, and assisting customers who – more... were moving out of state – less
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 30, 2014
Pros: great support system, quiet rooms to take naps and relax, in house gym and clinic
Cons: call center, sometimes call volume is high and can be stressful.
Progressive insurance is a wonderful place to work. There is so much support from Management and the benefits are amazing.
Kool work enviroment
HHA (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 29, 2014
The coordinators are friendly and flexible. The pay is low and they don't orovide many incentives.
Wonderful atmosphere but.....
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2014
Pros: wonderful work culture, atmosphere, and compensation
Cons: holistic approach to management can be abused at times
Wonderful place to work, but the holistic approach to management gives too much of an option for certain members of management to usen as aplatform for favortism, and discrimination...
Progressive
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 22, 2014
Progressive was a good place to work. Management was great and I enjoyed all of my co-workers.
The job is very customer service focused.
The job overall was not difficult.
Field Appraiser
Auto Field Appraiser (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2014
Auto Field Appraiser servicing mostly central Indiana.

Provided estimates, supplements, and completed vehicle total loss evaluations.

Responsibilities included accident scene responses and investigations along with bodily injury meets.

In addition I assisted with training and orientation of new field appraisers through ride-alongs.

Completed I CAR – more... courses, company training in physical damage, insurance policy and claims adjusting. – less

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more