Progressive Employee Reviews

Balanced
Licensed Insurance Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 25, 2017
Very holistic balanced work/life culture.
Pay is ok and consistent.
Not a lot of opportunities for pay growth.
But everyone is treated very fairly.
Beautiful work campus's.
Great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJNovember 24, 2017
I learned a lot in regards to what is expected to revive your lifestyle through self benefit. I believe the opportunity and knowledge I have learned has given me an overall leg up in all aspects of life.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Limited training
Great company to work for
Claims Processor III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2017
Working in the insurance industry was really interesting. Being there for people when they need assistance to put their lives back together was very rewarding.
Progressive - Commercial Dept
CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHNovember 21, 2017
Progressive Insurance was a great company to work for, excellent benefits, managers were all very easy to work with, great work-life balance, and gain share at the end of the year was always nice.
Good place to work.
Art Director/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 20, 2017
My bosses were excellent to work for. Felt more like a family than a job. On a daily basis we handled customer's files and ideas to produce the desired print materials to their specifications.
good environment with unreachable goals
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Despite having many perks such as catering, team building exercises and a fun environment the actual job itself involved unattainable goals and a cut-throat management designed to belittle and berate employees. Would not recommend.
Good boss that showed appreciation for employees
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDNovember 18, 2017
I enjoyed going to work. It was a stress free work invironment. I answered phone calls. Made reminder calls. Assisted clients and learned the insurance business.
Pros
Good management, kind and helpful
Cons
Not enough hours to work
Stressful Work environment
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2017
Progressive is a good company to work for if you like changes all the time and be subjected to Stats monthly. the turnover in a call center has increase in the last two years due to new management.
Pros
Benifits
Great job
Manager (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 17, 2017
Learned alot and grow with the company, me and the boss worked very close. With respect and trust i was able to do most days on my own . Create new ways for the day to day to run smooth. We had hard day but was always able to complete all task! Many of our guest were from many different cultures.
Stressful Place to work
Total Loss Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 15, 2017
I can only speak about my job as a total loss claims adjuster. It is very stressful and it is not something I would recommend to anyone. Work-life balance is unheard of and it is time for me to move on to another company.
Pros
New skills have been obtained.
Cons
Very stressful environment and the work load is unbearable.
Nice Place to Work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 15, 2017
There are some good and bad things to working at Progressive. The good news is, that once you put in enough time, you get ample vacation time and desired work hours. The bad thing is that it takes a long time to get the desired work hours you want and the way you have to request days off in the current system is dumb. Also, the cafeteria only stays open until 2pm, which is no help if you work until 9pm.
-They do however listen to their employees and try to implement things that will work for the vast majority of people that work there and they have an on-site doctor's office, gym, and child care facility.
be prepared to work
INJURY CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 14, 2017
- long hours
- great people to work with
- fair pay if you do your work
- hard to move laterally, once your in claims you are pretty much stuck
- take it easy and use your resources
- can be stressful, but does have it's good days
I don't want to do it
Senior Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 14, 2017
I don't want to have any review done. I don't want to say or write anything about Progressive. Progressive is a great company to work for if you like to adapt to the constant changes in the company, or if you like to change your schedule every year and is based on your performance.
Good pay but bad management practices
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 14, 2017
Management doesn't communicate well. When they do want to talk it's through email only which makes it hard to become personable with your manager. The job doesn't allow for much problem solving which hurts the customer experience.
Benefits and salary compensation very good.
Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 13, 2017
Typical day was 10 to 12 hours. Learned to multi task and perform many functions at the same time. Management was hands on with employees. The workplace culture was upbeat and innovative.
Good company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, CANovember 13, 2017
Good company to work for in the central valley pulling from several hospitals throughout the area. Broad coverage area including: Stockton down to Modesto
Workplace culture
Call Center Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2017
This company treats their employees very well. They practice true teamwork, and a manager was always available to assist an employee.................
Pros
Flexible Hours
Progressive
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2017
Although their gain share program is unmatchable you can not balance a work and home life at Progressive. It is a very demanding position. I love their culture and hate to be quitting but there isn’t enough flexibility.
Extensive travel and on site documentation of damges, injuries and statements
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 12, 2017
I was a "Generalist". I and others literally handles every aspect of a claim/loss from the moment it was reported to the time it was closed and archived.
Pros
Healthcare package was good
Cons
Workload expectations were unreasonable.
Review
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramneto CANovember 11, 2017
I love that this job has a lot of growth opportunities to . You can work from home pretty quickly if you want to or try and career progress and be a supervisor
Pros
lunches can be long or short, decent starting pay, freindly enviornment
Cons
stressful training process, supervisor are weird, better things could have been trained

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.