Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

If you want to sit in a cube all day you'll enjoy this job
Claims (Former Employee), WisconsinJanuary 28, 2014
I use to dread coming to work at Progressive. You have little to no socialization with anyone else unless you're part of the "senior staff". You never feel like you can catch up on your work because they're constantly throwing new assignments at you hourly. It's an uphill battle and stressful.
Fast paced and fun with workout area and ping pong tables
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch breaks, gym, game room, health center
Cons: heath coverage
Progressive casualty insurance agent with a history of surpassing customer and employer expectations. Leverage consultative-sales strengths to identify opportunities, nurture relationships and close deals.

Dedicated and tenacious sales expert with a reputation for consummate professionalism and exemplary ethics. Remain current on the latest trends – more... in the industry, with comprehensive knowledge of financial and insurance products, services and best practices.

Passionate leader skilled at building top-performing teams focused on impeccable service delivery and accountability for goal achievement. Insurance Sales Professional with 2+ years of sales experience at leading consumer insurance firm.

Insurance Sales Professional with 2+ years of sales experience at leading consumer insurance firm. – less
Call Center for major decisions
Call Center & Underwriter (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: moved to st louis
Fast pace environment. Call center for 28 states and underwriting approvals.
Good Company
Claims Customer Service Adjuster (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 12, 2014
A good company to work for lots of benefits. Its a high paced environment that will keep you challenged. Your co-workers are your biggest asset.
Use it as a bridge to go on to better things.
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: artwork everywhere, good cafeteria, on campus gym, helping customers who want to be helped
Cons: horrible schedules, inflexibility, micro managing, the pay for the workload given.
Chained to the desk all day by your phone like some prisoner of war, the phone constantly dinging in your ear. You don't get paid more for becoming licensed, even though that makes you more of an asset to the company. Instead they load more work on you and screw you over with your time off.

Micro-managing middle management, it's almost like a labor – more... camp with annoying contests.

They wouldn't close or send employees home during that massive storm a few days ago, and if you left to get ahead of it it was a red mark on your attendance. They don't care about their employees' safety and welfare, just making the almighty dollar.

Turn back before it's too late... – less
good people and busy
Medical Adjuster (Current Employee), Iselin, NJJanuary 8, 2014
-very busy
-need more than 40hrs to complete all work
-great manager
-great people to work with
-convenient
N/A
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Great company to work for. The company has great expectations for its employees and provides great training and development.
dishonest practices
Claims Representative (Former Employee), VAJanuary 8, 2014
They routinely attempted to find ways to deny claims benefits, even to their own insured drivers
Terrible, terrible, terrible
Inbound Sales (Former Employee), Austin,TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: 1 hour 30 min lunch break, casual attire, co-workers
Cons: management, customers, no job security, high turnover
I am not sure if Progressive is the issue, the management is the issue or if it is just this location. I had been at this job for a year before they fired me. The said it was performance issues. I was using too much auth misc. The let me go with no final warning or anything. Mind you, The whole year I was there I was receiving gift cards and rewards – more... for my work. As soon as they did some rearranging in my department, I got a new manager and things went south ever since! I was the only ethnic person on the team, I was the youngest and I was the one with the least tenure. I guess he didn't like that. I NEVER got any customer complaints, write-ups NOTHING. But the manager let me go off of lies. We met once a week to review my performance. Each week he told me I was improving, then he ups and fires me. Then tries to deny me unemployment! How can he sleep at night!? I am not a bitter person at all. I own up to my mistakes. But i really did not do anything wrong to lose my job!

Pros - the co-workers are awesome and helpful, long lunch breaks where you can break up that 1hr 30 mins up, the cafeteria was convenient.

Cons-Very stressful, people know nothing about insurance and blame you for their driving record, they compare your company with competitors, some agents don't tell the customer the correct info and they end up being irate with you. They are extremely driven on numbers. If you don't meet your quota be ready to search for another job! There is constant change within policies and procedures. No training. The new program they just rolled out allows the mangers to only focus on what you didn't do in your calls. They Never say what you did good. Like I said maybe it was just my manager.

Why do you think progressive is ALWAYS hiring? something to think about. – less
Working Insurance
Senior Central Claims Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 5, 2014
Very fast paced, ever changing environment. In claims, one must have the ability to manage their time and be very decisive.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, good managment, great training
Cons: advancement is hard to come by
Loved working for this company- the people are fun, the atmosphere is great and they really are about all their employees. OT is always available and the pay is fair. Year end bonuses were exceptional.
Fun Workplace
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Riverview, FLDecember 31, 2013
Laid back call center where the supervisors allow you to get your work down.
Help Desk Network Administrator
Help Desk / Network Administrator (Former Employee), Palm BeachDecember 27, 2013
Help Desk / Network Administrator:
• Managed (NOC) operations of Information Technology Project Management Windows NT 4.0 + 2000 and Applications deployment
• Responsibilities included IS/IT leadership, extensive experience in the design, implementation, and integration of complex domestic/multi-national networks, managing a budget of $1.5 million, – more... purchasing (dealing with vendors) hardware, software developing and software licensing, written technical documentation – less
Best Place I've worked !
A/R Coordinator (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHDecember 21, 2013
Pros: bonus, fitness centers, events, flexibility, resource groups, everything!
Cons: some management, only in ohio
The first month I worked there I was introduced to the CEO, I knew this job was going to be great. In all of my careers have I felt significant and this job definitely puts you in the light. So many choices so many oulets for you to try new things in and out of the community. And lets not talk about the bonus!!! If you are able to get a job here in – more... corporate offices never ever leave!!! – less
claims
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Schiller ParkDecember 17, 2013
A typical day- Claim comes in you have two hours to contact all parties involved to get facts of case. You are responsible for complete file ownership. You may also have to go to body shops to right estimates, or send customers to service center for vehicle repairs.

What you Learn- How to estimate property damage, investigation skills, file creation – more... as well as negotiation.

Management- Is somewhat of a mixed bag. When i started out i had a very inexperienced team leader who basically said the words i have no idea almost as a mantra. In a lot of ways i feel like it slowed my growth, because she could never help me through any challenging situations. but once i moved to a different manager i finally started to grow somewhat and prosper. However, there was not a lot of diversity within management and it showed when it came time for promotions. In my 5 years there through different departments and even programs and training's i did in different states i met absolutely 2 minority people in any form of management or decision making position.

Co-workers- Usually you worked in such close proximity and that it was sort of an family atmosphere. we worked together well and there was often a comfortable environment. – less
A fast and busy workplace, very challenging a great work place for a customer friendly person.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 16, 2013
Pros: contest, bonus
Cons: scheduling, overtime
A typical work day would involve me assisting customers with animal claims. Management is always busy as soon as they come in the workplace. The hardest part of my job is learning and listening to each insured to get there issues resolved. I learned that my job will be a different journey each day and I should approach it with a open mind. My co-workers – more... play a big part of my enjoyment at work, we are also laughing and helping each other out through the tough day. – less
Good company to work for, little opportunity for advancement in Utah.
Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2013
Pros: provides benefits.
Progressive is a good company to work for. They have decent benefits and their pay is comparable to other insurance companies. The work can be demanding at times & you have to have uncomfortable conversations with people and businesses. There is little opportunity for advancement in Utah or surrounding states.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2013
The company really took their time and focus on the employees needs and also did a great job on training
Good place to start a career
IT OPERATIONS ANALYST, SYSTEMS AND INFRASTRUCTURE (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2013
Pros: good teamwork, caring management, fair pay and bonus
Cons: reorganization of it department, average salary is lower than average
fantastic learning environment, fair pay, bonus in the form of profit sharing yearly. IT group sees high turnover due to poaching, they on average pay less than national average or even area average salary. Management is caring, but upper management has made a mess of the division lately.
POC Processing Senior (Current Employee), Mayfield, OHDecember 6, 2013
They have come a long way in allowing their employees to have the flexability with their schedules. Allowing them to work from home, shift when they start their start time.

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more