Progressive

Progressive Employee Reviews

Fast paced envirment that was constantly changing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Being able to trully help someone with there insurance needs.
Cons: Not being able to help someone in tough situtaion.
My typical work day consisted of answering inbound calls to assist customers with there policies. Which consisted of making changes to coverage's educating customers so they had a clear understanding of what there policy covered. My job required me to navigate multiple screens as sometime I may have been required to research a customers question. Working for this company showed me how to empathize with the customer to help resolve there problem while being there advocate. Progressive gave me the confidence I needed to be able to work minimal management. I enjoyed working for this company for the last six years I have met some incredible people. I have learned to value diversity and what others can bring to the table.
Good company but growth is limited as leadership transitions
IT Business Analyst - IT Continuous Improvements (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2015
Overall progresive is a solid company to work for, with flexibility and a laid back environment. Growth however is limited as there are few lead level opportunities due to a mature workforce so when those openings do occur competition is fierce.
Secure company with excellent benefits
Comparison Rating Analyst (Current Employee), Mayfield Village OhJune 19, 2015
Progressive is a fantastic company for recent college graduates to get into corporate America and understand how a large corporation operates. expect to switch roles every two years or so. Any longer and others will pass you by.
Great company
Business/Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 18, 2015
Employee friendly, great benefits and work perks. Wide ranging opportunities. Training programs for job advancement was a plus.
Great Job
Customer Service (Current Employee), RanchoJune 18, 2015
Great Job and Great benefits. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful. The bonus at the end of the year is great. Management is helpful and understanding.
fun work place
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: lifework balance, great co workers, bonus
Cons: none
-great place to work, life-work balance,great coworkers
-very little micromanagement
-heavy workload
-fast paced environment
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 9, 2015
I originally started my employment with progressive as a customer service representative. About 18 months into my employment the company offered me the option to obtain my property and casualty insurance license in order to start also selling auto and personal lines insurance products. I took them up on their offer and was soon on the top sellers list almost weekly. I then was later offered the option to work from home, which I also took them up on. My manager and co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to talk to people from all over the US. The only reason I am no longer employed with Progressive is with my relocation, I am to far away from a call center to keep my work from home position.
Benefits are good, used to be a fun place to work, too much change at one time
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJune 6, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: moutains of work with no advancement opportunity, supervisors have favorits and they are the ones that are promoted
Used to an enjoyable place to work until management was overhauled. Mountains of work and expectations, reduced focus on employees. We used to feel appreciated now we all just feel like modern day slaves. Used to have a good training program but now the new people are just thrown to the wolves. We are expected to train them and try to complete our work. Co workers are great but the hardest part is you can never do 16 hours of work in an 8 hour day. Supervisors are not consistent. Some count occurrences, some make you use vacation time when not needed. No one is on the same page anymore.
great place to work
CSR (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced and fun. I learned a lot, for example, AAFES taught me great customer service skills along with many other qualities. Management was always well accessible and open to helping you grow in your career. My coworkers were very loyal and great to be around. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving our men and woman in uniform along with their loved ones.
Progressive Life; Call Center
Central Loss Report Representative (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, OHJune 1, 2015
Pros: Hour lunchs, flexible schedules and benefits
Cons: Hours and cross management
Progressive is a great place to work with great benefits and pay. However I worked in the Call Center, the hours weren't good, there was cross-management and the environment wasn't for me. Any other department would have probably been a better fit.
Busy and educational
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), colorado springs, coloradoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Learned alot about insurance industry.
Cons: There was something lacking between managers and employees.
Assist insures in policy services with billing, payments, adding and deleting information on automotive policies while maintaining company quality;
productive
SFDC Administrator (Former Employee), COMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and busy atmosphere
Auto Medical Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits Great People, and Great Compensation
Cons: n/a
A typical workday involves good time management and great customer service skills. You have to be very flexible with the ability to handle the workload that is assigned to you.
Claims Adjustor
Claims Generalist Associate (Current Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoMay 26, 2015
Handled property damage claims and assisted with customer service. Great company to work for. In our current office there is not a whole lot of room for moving up.
Stressful and very demanding position which is not needed
Account Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMay 26, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: no caring about employee
Great in the beginning, company promote an family like atmosphere, but over time, unreasonable demands more about profits less about people.
productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: strict attendance policy
Productive and fun company... They do try to offer a balanced work and personal life, however they have a strict attendance policy that can be difficult to adhere to as a single parent. Great pay and great atmosphere!
they give a lot of incentives for working with them.
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: the shifts, incentives/gifts, competitive pay, benefits
Cons: there's a policy that they don't coach you for causing immediate termination
I learned a lot about the claims process. Management was cordial. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people nationwide during one of the most difficult times in their lives. Just knowing I helped make a difference made my heart fill with joy.
a great place to work
sales (Former Employee), austin, TXMay 19, 2015
typical call center environment, I enjoyed the time that I was there. They did have a cafe and gym and doctor office on the property which was helpful
Very productive Company
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Provided many accomoidations for employees
Cons: Working 10-12 hour days during busy seasons
This company really did treat their employees well but you also worked very hard for them too. There were plenty of times that we would have to work late and the company would provide food or other accommodations to help you.
great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMay 18, 2015
Overall good company, awesome people. Nice salary, constant change. Great benefits. Management is ok. some micro manage, some does not.
Headquarters