Progressive

Progressive United States Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Claims Adjuster Intermediate (Current Employee), Atlanta GaMarch 9, 2015
Requires more in way of work than other insurance company's but the work environment is great. The pay compared to other companies is a work in progress as well.
Produuctive and efficient
Casualty & Litigation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: you are constantly learning
Cons: doing only personal injuru can limit development
I prioritize my responsibilities with handling the most important job duties first. Customer needs and concerns are always handled immediately. I ways make time to roundtable cases that need review with fellow employees to strategize and determine case values. Finally, the days ends with working through diary and mail.
Call center enviroment
Claims Contact Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 7, 2015
Working at Progressive taught me how to work with all different kinds of customers, I dealt with our customers at the most difficult time after being involved in a car accident.
Just a job
Claims Generalist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: salary, nice and helpful co-workers and immediate manager
Cons: work/life balance isn't valued, overworking conditions, little to no room for advancement unless you're open to relocating to their home office location
Work here if you value a decent salary.
work here if you cannot work beyond your normal work hours to meet metrics.
This is a job that will provide a decent salary and some of your co-workers will go beyond the call of duty to assist their members.
Great company
IT (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Progressive is a great company to work for. The best part of the job always has been the people that work there. The biggest challenge of working in Progressive is the insular mentality of each department.
I didn't enjoy working there.
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: nice campas
Cons: high call volume. unhappy customers.
Very high call volumes. Unhappy customers. Average pay. I didn't enjoy the work the customers were mostly unhappy. It was a long time ago that I worked there so I don't remember why but I know I was not fond of management.
Horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee), CAFebruary 26, 2015
While the company overall treats their employees decently, the immediate supervisors are absolutely horrible. The favoritism within the teams was horrific. There is no opportunity for advancement whatsoever and they make sure and tell you that almost immediately after hire.
The benefits are somewhat decent and I think the only positive thing to say is that you did get a pretty good bonus check towards the end of the year.
WOrkPlace
Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Frank Booth associate are a great company to work for. You can learn a great deal and be trained as you would assume you would be trained.
best people to work with
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), CAFebruary 25, 2015
claims is very fast paced: you have to have good time management in order to stay on top of your workload. with a little overtime, the workload is manageable. the company has amazing people which makes going to work easier.
Working with the general public provided reward with customer service
Sr Commercial Adjuster (Former Employee), Northwest statesFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: ability to meet new people provide them with a better understanding about coverage and service.
Cons: not having a work life balance and support from managers when needed.
Job required allot of travel requiring proper planning to achieve time lines set by the company. Standard set same for all field reps despite miles traveled.

I was able to obtain a better understanding of coverage, obtain additional training for frame repair along with other helpful skills needed to provide quality service.

Through the course of employment managers changed frequently and with each new manager required a new process for claims resolution per managers understanding.

Co-Workers depended allot on my knowledge of trucks, trailer and equipment and tried to be available for support and help along with training of four new filed adjusters.

hardest part of the job was trying to find a home life balance with traveling on an average of 4k miles per month.

Enjoyment. Once a year the group, region had a meeting along with fun events. Spending in person time with each person brought everyone closer as a unit.
Progressive
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexability
Cons: small office in louisville
Progressive offers an extensive benefits package. The work environment and flexibility is amazing. The people who work there make the company. The only downside is that the Louisville, Kentucky office is small. There is room to move but it takes time.
a good place to work
Claims Representative Intermediate (Former Employee), Salinas, CAFebruary 24, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn something new everyday that helped me improve my customer service skills as well as problem solving skills
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: high call volume
Great company to work for. Good benefits and pay. Supervisors always there to help. vERY HIGH CALL VOLUME. Overall good company
Great Environment
Sales (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great job culture and room of advancement
Cons: only customer communication is via phone
Great place to work if you are okay with being an operator. All communications are via phone. Other than that, great place to work. Advancement opportunities are available. Gym, personal trainer, and Doctor are on site!
Amazing company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 21, 2015
Job objectives are to be available to take customer calls and resolve complex issues while remaining professional and kind in a timely manner.
ok job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Its a job but its not stable, just do your job and look for a new one when there. They will not address anything but just fire you. 6 month job only.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 14, 2015
Progressive treats their employees well. The pay and the options to move up within are awesome. However i feel management could be selected better,
Call center envirenment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin TxFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: bonuses and gain share
Cons: new changes
I enjoy working with the clients but its a call center and Progressive has changed over the four years I've worked there and would like to pursue a career in Ins working for an independent broker
Awesome place to work
Bilingual Commercial Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
• Worked as Customer Service Support Specialist in a fast paced inbound and outbound call center. I offered solutions based on card members’ needs with the goal of negotiating immediate payments, all while working in a team based call center environment.
A company that cares about their employees.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the atmosphere and work enviroment is very friendly.
Cons: the snow...
A fantastic place to work, they treat you very well. The only reason I am looking someplace else is to relocate...........

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries