Progressive Employee Reviews

Review
Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramneto CANovember 11, 2017
I love that this job has a lot of growth opportunities to . You can work from home pretty quickly if you want to or try and career progress and be a supervisor
Pros
lunches can be long or short, decent starting pay, freindly enviornment
Cons
stressful training process, supervisor are weird, better things could have been trained
Great Company
Data Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHNovember 10, 2017
This company gave me my first job. They have a excellent start up management program. They did not challenge their analyst as much as I would like so I sought more challenge.
Executive Assistant III- RES (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 10, 2017
Managers and employees are easy to work with and reviews are fair. Compensation is within industry standards. Good benefits. Past paced but rewarding.
Great values but little practice in small offices.
Claims Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2017
Progressive has greatcore values and views in family life but it's not well followed in small offices. Your expected to work 40+ hours a week regularly and usually it would mean working on your day off just to complete work that was considered your normal day work. It's easy to get burned out if you don't take time off regularly.
Nice Culture but low pay for how much work you do.
Consultative Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 8, 2017
I love the staff, they are very helpful and supportive. Customers aren't usually to rude unless its just before or after the holidays. You do a LOOOOOT of work and bonuses are rather hard to get.
Great Coworkers but poor management
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 6, 2017
I absolutely loved the people I worked with, however as an employee you are simply a number to management. I would come in an check voicemails and emails. And then start working on claims. If it's not a crazy day you can take lunch, but most people eat at their desk. I tried to wrap up on time, but usually ended up staying about 30-45 minutes after the "end" of my shift to try and stay on top of the inventory. In the summers you will be working 6 days a week and likely 60 plus hours. A lot of coworkers take their computers home and continue to work in the evenings. They started hiring more adjusters about 6 months after I came on and the workload wasn't too crazy when I left, but my first year was insanity in terms of the amount of work we were given to do. People were dropping off left and right and then we were slapped on the wrist for poor performance. I became better at the job when the workload lightened, but didn't have a very good supervisor and I never felt like anything more than a statistic to our office manager.

Best part of the job, hands down, are the coworkers who were willing to jump in and lend a hand whenever they could. Everyone wanted to help each other and it was my coworkers who made going into work bearable.
Great Company.
Commercial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 4, 2017
Progressive is a great company to work for, they really look after their employees and try to make life and work balance a prority. It is a call center, so it was difficult for me not to have that one on one face time encounter helping our customers.
Pros
Green Alert
Cons
Working at a cubicle.
Great Company
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 3, 2017
Awesome benefits, good pay, and quality management. They offer very flexible time off options and great programs to get you ramped up to the knowledge base of the rest of your team.
Laid back atmosphere with casual dress code
SALES AND SERVICE COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 3, 2017
At times the call volumes could be a bit overwhelming and the work schedules are not very flexible. You are given all the tools needed to perform your job and the training you receive is top notch. The people you work with for the most part are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Asa long as you do your part management leaves you along
Cons
Customer Service call volumes are EXTREMELY high
Run
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 3, 2017
Progressive Insurance doesn't like minorities. If you are an African American woman your chances become even lower. The nepotism in this place is mind blowing. Save your energy and your wonderful experience for another job. This company allows discrimination at every level. Just keep searching.
Cons
Blatant discrimination of minorities
Great company with outstanding benefits and career opportunities.
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHNovember 3, 2017
Multiple locations throughout the U.S. that afford many options for career development. Consistent focus on creating a positive work environment that gives employees the chance to progress and learn new skills.
amazing people to work with
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 2, 2017
it is just an amazing place to work all together I truly miss it, the people are great and it is a challenging job and anyone who enjoys growing needs to apply here
Customer Service
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2017
Job required for you to gather information for adjuster and or new clients to be required for receiving insurance and or claims against an insured . Learned knowledge of aspects of writing reports, gathering information for claims, and filing paperwork. Management makes sure you understand the proper way to achieve your job responsibilities. Team work is required and makes the job less stressful which everyday is challenging daily.
This job was a stepping stone to the rest of my life
Call Center Manager 2 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2017
I was treated with respect, regardless of my age. I was trained on so many things that have helped me throughout my life since this job. It is a corporate culture but not stuffy.
Loved working at Progressive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
Great company with excellent employee incentives.
Flexible work from home options and flexible hours. I would definitely recommend working at Progressive.
Fast Paced and demanding
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHOctober 30, 2017
It is an average place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers and some of the benefits provided by management. However, the demand on time management and overall work production was at times unrealistic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
NOT flexible with time off
Review of Progressive Insurance Company
NJ PIP Adjuster-Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJOctober 29, 2017
I was on a temp assignment with Progressive from early January 2012 to June of 2012. Overall it wasn't a bad place to work and would recommend it to someone looking for work in the auto insurance industry.
you work with good people
Claims Supervisor-MRR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 27, 2017
The people are great that you work with. The training is good, management is good. I would recommend the company to friends and family. Benefits are great, lots of time off as well.
Overall a very good place to work
Licensed Multi-Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 27, 2017
Overall, I found that Progressive had a treat your employees well and they will work well for you mentality. However career advancement can be difficult unless you are willing to relocate to different states.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, Decent Pay, self time management
Progressive Insurance
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 27, 2017
Typical day included managing a caseload of up to 250 claims.
Seemed that there was never enough time in an 8 hour shift to get the work done correctly. Spent most nights at home trying to catch up. When you do the math, the salary at Progressive wasn't very good. The end of year bonus was a nice plus though!
Pros
Celebrations, lunches and events
Cons
Poor work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.