Progressive

Progressive Employee Reviews

Good place to work with Progressive Insurance
Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, OHOctober 2, 2015
Good place to work with Progressive Insurance and working life is Excellent and coordination among colleague. Atmosphere is awesome.
Pros
Timings
Cons
healthcare
Indepenent work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed being a employee of a growing company. I would refer it to another high school graduate as myself to learn professional mannerism.
Employee's are great... management not so much.
Auto Damage Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Reading, PaOctober 1, 2015
The non-management employees are great. Progressive used to be a great company for employee's in general, but that's changed a lot. The company is heavily based on reports and numbers, but management doesn't care why the numbers are what they are. This is very frustrating when employees under obviously different conditions are compared against each other. Long time employee's have seen the company's change and don't like the feeling of just being a number now. They are running out the "people" people in management that made the company great for people who like to endlessly chase stats.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Open door policy everyone is treated equal great work envirmonet.
Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Tempe AzSeptember 28, 2015
The company is a great company to work for they treat everyone equal. The training is really good and you learn everything you need to be successful.
Best job I have had
Rewards and Recognition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2015
Great benefits, great leadership. Best company I have ever worked for. I enjoyed coming to work everyday, it was just not a job it was a career with my family members
Pros
Reward & Recognition, Bonuses
Cons
No cons
Excellent place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2015
Best job I have ever had. Promotes within and pays for your licensing. Very employee eccentric. The building itself is well secure and offers many things for their employees such as a gym, daycare, massages, a room to rest in and personal bathrooms. The job was fun and the coaches were great to learn from.
Pros
Excellent training program, lots of catered lunches, gym, daycare, sleep room
Changes not good for employee satifaction
Sales/Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, OhioSeptember 22, 2015
Loved working for Progressive and did so for 13 years. After changes to policies and goals, it became a non-friendly place to work with no regards to employees. No value for long term dedicated staff.
Pros
Employee satisfaction
Cons
Pay
good benefits, insurance, bonuses
Agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 22, 2015
Fairly high pressure call center with performance goals which were at times arbitrary. Overall a good work atmosphere with good management. Flexible work schedule.
Pros
Pay and bonus structure
Cons
n/a
Great Place to work for
Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Laid back, work/life balance, can wear shorts to work in some locations, a lot of room to advance, mnagers value your opinion, if you want to work here be prepared to adapt to change on a daily basis.
Smart company full of really bright people
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Great place to work to learn a lot from the best and brightest about insurance pricing and analysis. No where better to learn. Company is overall a pretty good place. They don't have a great mission, so it can be a bit tough to clearly see what purpose you're working towards.
Pros
Learn a lot/smart coworkers
Cons
Big public company/sense of purpose in work doesn't always seem apparent
Good Company
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2015
Good Company but looking for something new. Training was great. They take their time to teach you and get you prepared for the License test. They have great benefits and great staff.
Fun working culture
Pricing Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 18, 2015
The culture at progressive has always been relaxed and a positive environment to work in. I recommend Progressive to anyone looking for a career in insurance.
Intense and unfriendly work environment
Claims Generalist Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2015
The company will not hire enough staff to compensate for the amount of volume they receive on a daily basis. They do not provide overtime and expect you to work until the job is done even if it is everyday.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Terrible Management and Communication throughout the company
very friend work invirment
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2015
I loved going to work everyone were friendly and I felt comfortable there only thing was that they weren't giving enough hours a week.
Pros
nice size gym
Cons
short breaks
Its ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 15, 2015
progressive has really good benefits , but when it comes to work life and balance it is very hard to get time off . The pay is pretty good , kind of hard to become a supervisor.
Best delivery job ever
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2015
Long summer days delivering fresh water. The job itself was a workout, which is a plus. You get paid to go to the gym. Great group of guys to work with.
Lots of Changes, Good Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 13, 2015
When I started Progressive was a great place to work, but they incorporated a lot of changes over the last three years that changed the environment. Through these changes they lost countless tenured employees and embittered others. I tried to stay positive. Progressive was still a decent place to work at, just not "one of the best places to work" like it had been. That being said, I worked in the call center. When I first started there was a steady call volume, but not overwhelming. But that changed to an environment of back-to-back high stress calls. There is very little if any off-time from the phones. Pay is equal or greater to similar jobs in the area and there are many opportunity for advancement if you can perform well enough in your position. The problem is that the expectations are constantly being increased, which makes it difficult to meet your metrics. That and the fact that they continued to add on new metrics without removing any of the old ones. The number of things you were expected to do on a call that had nothing to do with assisting the customer was unbelievable. There were equal amounts of amazing managers and mediocre ones so the environment was also dependent on who you had for a manager. However, there were frequent management changes. In my three years at Progressive I had 6 different managers/teams. No joke. I will say camaraderie at Progressive is amazing. I always got along fantastically with my co-workers, but because teams changed so frequently it was difficult to develop lasting relationships. All in all, it probably doesn't seem so bad, because  more... it wasn't. It's just a shame that Progressive lost what made it a great place to work. Working there did give me a wealth of knowledge on insurance and helped me greatly further my customer service skills and that I appreciate. One great thing that Progressive has going for it is their focus on the customer. There was no call length expectation, because the most important thing for them was that you took care of the customer the right way the first time. There was a big emphasis on trying to understand your customer and communicate to them on that level. Kudos to Progressive on that. Another benefit was that our breaks weren't scheduled and we were allowed to take them whenever we wanted, which was an unspeakable perk. They also had a profit-sharing program that gave us a big bonus every year. Coincidentally paying out right before Christmas, which counteracted the fact that there was is no Christmas bonus/gift.  less
Pros
Good compensation, Control of your own breaks, flexible scheduling, on-site gym, on-site health care, profit sharing, opportunities for advancement, no uniforms/appearance guildeines, contests/perks
Cons
Meager healthcare benefits, unreasonable metrics, constant changes, inconsistent communication between some management
Good job for the area
Claims Generalist Associate (Former Employee) –  Claims RepresentativeSeptember 11, 2015
Very busy, fast pasted environment. Must be able to multi-task. You have to be able to handle multiple phone calls for various reasons throughout the day.
Pros
above average pay for the area
Cons
the workload is huge
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 11, 2015
Progressive has a great atmosphere. They are very accepting to all walks of life. I 've learned alot about not making excuses, If something doesn't work fix. Its all about the big picture. I've learned that focusing and listening to the customer should always be priority #1.

I lean something new everyday and it is never boring!
Great Place to work for
Lead Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 9, 2015
Great management team. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting