Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,046 reviews matching the search
Good company with great benefits
Claims property damage reinspector (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Company allows a lot of employee input. Company has good benefits and genuinely tries to take of it's employees for the most part
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Workload can sometimes get out of hand
Excellent work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Progressive however i did not enjoy the selling aspect of my job. I much prefer the customer service side of things. They provide excellent training and benefits.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
long term sitting
great place to work. good benefits. make alot of money. crazy hours and schedule. nice/fun. nice staff. quick working.
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2016
Not a bad company
Inbound Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 22, 2016
Overall Progressive is a decent company to work for. Except for the fact that they work you like a trained monkey and get onto you about the little stuff. But they don't pay very well, and the Management for the most part is totally useless.

Not to mention there is absolutely no room for growth in the company. I worked there 2 years and was top 10% in the company in sales and they pay new trainees more than i was getting paid.

Its a great place to be if you want to turn your brain off and get treated like garbage all day. If you can do that the benefits are great.
Best Job I've ever had
Claims Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2016
I love working here. Its tedious but worth it. The benefits are great and the flexibility (for my position) is a plus. My coworkers are extremely nice. My managers are cooler then the other side of the pillow.
It ok
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
• Served as liaison between customer and manager to resolve customer complaints
• Handled complex, escalated issues independently
benefits
Cons
Your growth depends on networking w
Big company. Hard to grow.
Centralized Support Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHSeptember 26, 2016
Big company with good people. Very hard to grow due to interview process. They do not push you into a new position and if you don't ask you will stay in same position for entire career.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Hours
This was a great and fair place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 3, 2016
It was a call center job. They expect you to answer the phone and to be available. They give you tons of tool to use to balance the work load and allow you to browse the web as long as you are not on a call. They use NICE to they can see what you are doing when on a call. They were a fair company to work for. They harder you work and better you get from them. You also get gainsharing. The better the company does the more money you get based on your salary. They go out of their way to treat the employees nicely. Their call volume can be really high at times. Co-workers are great. Management is fair.
Great working environment
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 20, 2016
great place to work
great benefits
shift bid was a bummer
Some supervisors were on a high horse and difficult to work with while others were amazing
Work long hours.
Auto Damage Estimator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 25, 2016
Good benefits and salary. Work long hours and late in the day.Meet and greet customer before giving a damage appraisal.
Good work environment
Fire and Theft Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2016
Progressive has a wonderful culture
Work 8am-5pm
Extensive training
Stress free management
Peak season can be challenging due to claim volume
Annual salary reviews and gain share
Great Company & Benefits/ Inventory is too high
Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2016
Inventory is too high. New employees are not given the time to learn how to manage the workload. No work/life balance or I would've stayed. Co-workers were awesome!
Pros
Benefits / bonuses
Cons
High Inventory/ 50-60 hours needed
OK place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 14, 2016
Needs better management and bidders. No 401K co-workers are great.

Long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills.
Cons
family owned minimal advancement
Good company, bad apples in management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJune 13, 2016
My division was impersonal and cold. Others are better, some are worse. Learned a lot about project management and processes. Mistreatment by managers is common, but not all of them are like that. (Mine was especially abusive.)The hardest part of the job was the dehumanizing culture, the best part was challenging problems to solve and always learning something new.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Detrimental to mental health
Typical Day on the Job
Collections Represenative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work started with logging onto the computer. From there, I proceeded to skip trace and contact debtors by phone to work out a payment arrangement. I would get an hour for lunch, then upon returning from lunch follow through with any appointments I had made for contact. Once that was completed, I would continue skip tracing and contacting people through telephone leaving messages for contact as needed. Once able to reach someone, I would advise them of the debt, and attempt to work out a payment arrangement.
Pros
Free Coffee. 1 hour lunches. Good benifits. Day Shift. Got most weekends Off.
Cons
Poor Economy, Very stressful, Impossible Job demands
Excellent entry level career
IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 16, 2016
For an entry level candidate, Progressive provides an excellent entry platform for the young IT professional. Having the ability to interact with technologies both old and new provides an excellent insight to how a corporation implements these technologies for their goals. The people you work with are very knowledgeable and provide a lot of information to learn from.
Pros
Excellent compensation package
Cons
Organizartional structuring could use some work
One of the best jobs I have ever had
Client Server Operations Analyst, SR III (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 2, 2016
Times change and so does Progressive. When the 2008-2009 crunch hit, adjustments needed to be made. However for the 9 years I was there, I enjoyed the environment, my supervisors skills, and was glad to go to work, every day. I would go back there in a moments noitice
Pros
Pay, benefits, environment
Cons
managment changed
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 12, 2016
Cons;
Answer 800-900 calls,
no room for growth,
poor health benefits,
faulty scheduling,
no attendance policy

pros; co workers are great
pay is decent.
Awesome place to work but the hours a bit much
Application Programmer Lead (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHDecember 22, 2016
I work with an awesome group of people. We range in age from just coming out of college to late 40s. We work well with each other and have some good clean fun doing it.

The part of my job which is a little wearing is the hours I work. I have more work than the average person. I find that Progressive leans on there top tier people (not in job title, but workers) a little too much, often asking them to do almost the impossible. As one of those people, I struggle with work life balance.
Pros
Awesome Culture to work in
Cons
If your a top person in a department be prepared for longer hours.
good
Auto insurance Contact Center Representatives (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2016
good work environment
management is good also
got a good health plan and benefits
and good scheduling
energetic and helpful people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval