Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

great
Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 16, 2014
great............................................................................................................................................................................
Team Environment
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
-8 hours on the phone
-customer interactions
-fun people to work with
Hard dependable worker
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 11, 2014
A typical day consist of dealing with interal and external customers explaining billing questions, adding drivers, vehicles, and covearges to policies.
Avoid if possible.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoMarch 9, 2014
As a claims adjuster, you have a workload that never slows. On average, you receive from 4-8 claims per day, without regard to the complexity or time commitment differences in each case. As one manager stated, " You should always be comfortably behind".

The entry level salary is fair, but the metrics against which you are measured are skewed to the – more... corporation's benefit to avoid giving you a fitting raise; the bottom line is, they will nickel and dime you on your raises because you did not meet their unreasonable standards of productivity. – less
Great oportunities for advancement
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 7, 2014
I was oringinally hired on as a part of their support staff, but then they promoted me to a claims adjuster. I took the Texas Adjusters License certification and was able to learn more about the claims process. It was high stress and difficult to handle in the beginning, but was a great place to work.
Hard working and cordial work environment
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMarch 5, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: lack of growth opportunity
A typical day at work involves coverage and liability decision on auto claims. I have learned a number of different ways to cover auto claims and how to make the claims experience as easy as possible for all involved. Management was effective, but did not always have the best interest of their employees. Management makes it feel as if there is a class – more... system in place, frequently separating themselves from their teams. The most difficult part in this job is management of volume as a lot is placed on each individual adjuster within the office. The most enjoyable part of the job is the day flies by and there is never any boredom in place. It is a fast paced environment where there is a lot to be learned. – less
Fun Team Environment, Great People
Insurance Salesperson/Claims Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2014
work life balance is rewarded, great managers and people, awesome work from home programs
Highly Stressful
Customer Preservation Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2014
High stress work environment, company has changed a lot in past 7 years and did not like or agree with the business direction
Best Insurance Company to work for
Claims Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee), Arlington, txMarch 3, 2014
Great insurance company that surpasses the rest for good reason. People don't understand the levels we keep for ourselves. After working with other insurance companies and working claims to assist customers is great place for smart, intelligent individuals.
Amazing place to work
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 3, 2014
Amazing place to work. Awesome employyees. My favorite part is asisting the customers.
I learned a LOT
Progressive Team Leader (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILMarch 1, 2014
Pros: training
The best training
Great bonus program
Has some great managers, but also some horrible managers
Employee oriented culture
Sr. Business Analyst- Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: company thrives to make the work environment as friendly as possible
- Lot of gossip
- Politics among staff
- Groupism

As a company Progressive is committed to it's employees. Just beware of politics and keep out of it.
Allways something to do or learn about, on a daily basis. Never boring.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: never boring.
Cons: none really, at the end it was time to move on.
I love books and have many years experience as a bookseller. My time with Borders exposed me to other areas, product lines other then books. I worked as Cafe and HR manager, working up scheduling, interviewing, hiring, and working various areas in the music department. I particularly enjoyed merchandising, where my creative side was unleached with the – more... seasonal window displays I created. – less
Looks good on paper
Claims Adjuster Sr (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: management
Progressive, looks great on paper, the co-workers are all great, but the work life balance is not that great. As a Claims Adjuster in the call center you will have one day during the week off and one day during the weekend off, not back to back. For Example, you will be off Saturday and off Wednesday. Not much time for "life."

Workload - Turn them – more... and burn them. you will average 12-16 claims per day, and will need to answer phone time.

Training - Training people are awesome but once you are on the floor. It will depend on your Manager how they coach and train you. It is not across the board and every Manager is different. Just like Corporate right? Yes, however, when they change you from one Manager, where you are doing great and have awesome stats and customer service survey, then switch you to another that is incompetent, your stats go down and their coaching needs coaching

Work environment - "Do as I say" mentality, need I say more?

employees are always complaining about the work load, the special treatment towards certain employees, shift bids, scheduling, and their Managers, except a couple of good ones. I only know of one good one.

As a former Supervisor myself, this place needs some Management training. – less
Great environment
Production floor (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 23, 2014
It really is a great company to work for. 3 different 8 hours shifts to choose from with great people on each. Mark and Scott which own the company are great and are at work everyday putting more work in than anyone. They great pride in their company and their employees. Overall great place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoy spekaing to customers and providing a service to them. I love the culture and the gainshare. I feel like I am a part of the family
COMPANY BELIEVES IN A POSTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), NORTH LA REGIONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: etb
Cons: n/a
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A MAIN INGREDIENT IN MANY BUSINESSES. IT IS VERY ENJOYABLE TO ASSIST CUSTOMERS ON SO MANY LEVELS.
Excellent team work envirnment
Customer Service Claims Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: micro-management
A typical work day consists of multi-tasking and incorporating outstanding customer service skills with administrative duties.

I have learned during my time with the company how to work efficiently, quickly, and accurately.

My coworkers and I have a great relationship; we always work together as a team.

The hardest part of my job would be the lack – more... of consistency with receiving positive feedback.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the customers. I truly love to give customer service with a standard of excellence, being able to smile and make their day better is the best form of motivation. – less
Fun place to work and people where great to work with
Windows 7 Migration IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: teams activities
Cons: managers not onsite can't build a relationship
People always willing to help you and make you feel part of the team as soon as you start working. Was a great place to work wish the contract was longer and managers were onsite instead of being in Cleveland OH.
Phones
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), ACTFebruary 13, 2014
My work consists of answering incoming agent calls from our independent agencies. Support the agents in quotes, customer inquiries and problems with the system or individual policies.

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more