Progressive

Progressive Employee Reviews

Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 11, 2015
Progressive has a great atmosphere. They are very accepting to all walks of life. I 've learned alot about not making excuses, If something doesn't work fix. Its all about the big picture. I've learned that focusing and listening to the customer should always be priority #1.

I lean something new everyday and it is never boring!
Great Place to work for
Lead Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 9, 2015
Great management team. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting
Great company and surprisingly flexible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxSeptember 8, 2015
Though I don't work at progressive any longer it was only because taking phone call after phone call of complaining customers was not for me. If that doesn't bother you or affect your mood then this company can be great to work for. They generally put off the atmosphere that they care about their employees and will work with you to make you comfortable. Even though I had to miss quite a bit of work, at one point. their holistic approach to absences and tardies allowed me to keep my position. Also, it pays better than other call centers I knew of and was easy to get several raises within just the first year. They have a lot of employee appreciation events, they try to keep it fun despite that fact you have to take lots of negative calls, and the training is second to none. Everyone who works there is generally pretty open to help you out. Hardest part of the job is handling call after call with only a 3 second break between calls. Enjoyable part was definitely the company and employees....oh yeah..I will miss gainshare!!
Pros
Pay, People, Bonuses, Free stuff, Food, Benefits
Cons
Breaks can be short for longer shifts, customers very negative
Progressive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHSeptember 8, 2015
I like this company, I was able to stay at home with my boys during the day and work at the call center at night. They are great at working around your schedule. The pay was good as well.
Policy Service
Sr. Licensing Representative/Contract Term Team (Current Employee) –  Mayfield VillageSeptember 1, 2015
• Effectively performed and answered high level of incoming calls into Policy Service
• Independently made changes to policies by applying underwriting guidelines
Pros
Advancement
Great compensation and a fun, positive environment
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2015
Starting out at this company, I immediately noticed the positive atmosphere. People were smiling and welcoming. Training was a blast and the people on my team were just phenomenal. Once you actually start taking phones, things change. There are many monthly and weekly metrics you must make on top of taking 70-120 calls a day. Most of these calls were dealing with company or other service consultant's mistakes. The call volume is always back to back no matter what day it is, and if you do have a slow day, they send all of the early shifts home so the call volume goes right back up. Most of your phone calls are very irate customers and rate increases. The company is more worried about selling their products rather than providing excellent customer service. Selling products to irate customers proved to be a very difficult and high stress level task. This job is not for everyone. Most people quit within 6 months, and most of those people either walked out, or just never came back. There was some sort of systems issue almost every single day which made it very difficult to do your job. If you like a call center atmosphere, and high call volume, I would definitely consider this company.
Pros
Gym, cafeteria, compensation and benefits, rewards and recognition
Cons
VERY high call volume, high stress level, system issues, outdated software, low morale
Workplace with an interesting dynamic
Claims Loss Reporting Rep (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OhioAugust 24, 2015
The work environment seemed tense and times. We seemed to be generally understaffed. there were good benefits and competitive wages. My expectations were a lot different from when I started working and from when I ended my employment. I feel that there weren't many incentives to make employees want to work harder. Very numbers driven. Not enough opportunities for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement
Fast - paced.
Claims Admin Specialist Int. (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 17, 2015
Fast - paced - energetic - constant. I have enjoyed claims - sounds crazy - but I have. I am willing to continue on - or try something new.
Benefits
Cons
Hectic
Good Place to work if you want to stay in one position
Subrogation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 15, 2015
When I first started at Progressive, there was alot of opportunity to move throughout the company. Now it is very hard to move throughout the company.
Great job for younger people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 13, 2015
Very demanding, great for college kids to make some extra income. Took the job while looking for a job in my preferred career.
If you get the right manager / coach it st great. However not everymanager should be in management.
Blended Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHAugust 12, 2015
Flexible schedule. Insurance package is ok. Vision plan is excellent. Very cut throat place to work at. You always feel like you are being watched. You are not allowed to think for yourself.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
new meaning to micro manage
Fast paced environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2015
Progressive Insurance is a fast paced environment. The management is great. You have an extremely large workload and you have to be on top of your game to keep up.
Pros
Take lunches and breaks when you feel like it.
Cons
Too much workload.
Excellent teammates
Claims Rep (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village,ohAugust 10, 2015
A fast paced work environment with excellent teammates. My colleagues were like family, helping each other in getting task completed.
Family orientated office and atmosphere
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Taneytown, MDAugust 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be managing the claims processors and their daily activities. I would also interact with senior level management to assist each of them with tasks requested of me. Once I moved into the position of Medical Claims Adjuster, my main responsibility would be assisting customers that were injured in motor vehicle accidents by considering reimbursement of medical expenses if they sought treatment for injuries as well as consider reimbursement of lost wages if they were unable to work.
Pros
flexible hours, company and health benefits
Cons
micro-manage work by supervisors
good place to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  texasAugust 8, 2015
good place to work but just wanted to for a change in the environment. Work environment is also comfortable. Work is also good
Call center environment with supportive management team
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2015
Fun job culture at Progressive Insurance. Typical day as a claims representative can be hectic. 8 hours on a headset M-F. Every minute counts at your desk. Workload is manageable if you retain the knowledge and training during your three month probation period. Management is extremely helpful when in need of a new perspective. Co-workers are diverse and friendly. Hardest part of the job is managing your workload in the claims department. Very demanding, but also very rewarding. Most enjoyable part of the job is the employees you will interact with.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, work out facility, and a dark room for relaxing.
Cons
Short breaks, nature of job (claims), call center.
Drink the Koolaid
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 4, 2015
Low pay, no raises
Heavy workload
Outdated systems, software and technology
Loss of company founder has greatly diminished work life in office.
Position is very technical and training lacks effectiveness
High burn out rate
Intro salary is not comparable to industry, fails to compensate!!!!!
Pros
you will be told its a geat place to work, open your eyes. Artwork is pleasing
Cons
100% of working in this company is a Real Con
They Demand 150%
Various Positions including Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indiana, Florida and CaliforniaAugust 1, 2015
It is a large company with a large company attitude. It has changed and I wish they had kept some of their older standards.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Can't keep good employees
productive, fun place to work, awesome management, on-site gym, gift shop, huge cafternia
Auditor I (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 30, 2015
Progressive is the best place in the world to work for, They are fact placed, dealing with in bound calls regarding auto and home insurance processing endorsement and resolve policy holder concerns. Than I was promoted to auditor which I reviewed the work and phone call of co-workers and advise of area of improvement as well as area they excel in. I just loved working for Progressive Insurance.
Pros
awesome, caring co-workers who are there for you no matter what, the best Christmas Parties I have even seen. Management acknowledges your work and length of service
Cons
No longer working for Progressive Insurance other then that no cons.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 27, 2015
Great place to work at for full-time with benefits, and pursuing a career. Became homemaker and had my daughter. Great co-workers. Made life-time friends.