Progressive Employee Reviews

Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2017
I started my career at Progressive. Best training in the industry. The company had a great culture and the local office was very well managed. The office close which is the only reason I left.
Administrative Assistant II/ Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 26, 2017
Managerial skills were un professional. Retaliation, no open door, no advancement. Employees were hard working Loyal and Honest people working for people who took them for granted.
Pros
Gainsharing
Cons
Lack of Intergrity and Honesty from leadership
n/a
Customer Representative Senior (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 26, 2017
worked 10 hour days
management played favorites, if you were not in the clique you were on your own basivally
the hardest part of the job is not having a level playing field
the best part of the job was the pay
Very relaxed work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHOctober 25, 2017
My day was spent with a head set on and making changes to policies. It requires dual monitors for the ability to view multiple screens. They have guidelines to follow. Its basically a script that you must follow. Its a bit monotonous, robotic and sometimes tedious.

You are constantly being monitored. They know your every move. The company is very big on capitalizing on every policy. So there's constant coaching and feedback given. The major drawback is the fact that you hardly leave on time and you can be there for up to 1 1/2 hours after your shift.
Its very lad back in that you can wear jeans, t-shirt, sneakers and a cap.
The most enjoyable are the food days and the various contests they have. The prizes are usually pretty good.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, pay
Great managers
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 25, 2017
The management team at Progressive is amazing.
Assisting customers who call inbound with any of their insurance needs, such as adding or removing vehicles and drivers from their policy.
Taking payments
they don't treat you like an employee number
Central Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2017
good place to work.
fast paced
they keep you informed of changes and listen to feedback
the people on your team are what makes the day go buy fast
good vision benefits
Pros
open door policy
Cons
aetna insurance
nice work environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2017
Investigated, evaluated and negotiated all types of auto claims including injury claims. Negotiated with attorneys for the claimant's injuries. Subrogated and arbitrated applicable claims. Wrote property damage estimates and met with injured folks.
Pros
well staffed.
Cons
No way to move up.
No work life balance
Claims Adjustor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 23, 2017
A typical day includes a 10 to 12 hour grind. They are a metrics driven company but I do not want to sit there for 12 hours just to make sure I get my goals. The work comes in at a rapid pace and you are expected to stay on top of your work to hit your metrics. Work life balance does not exist. I spend more time trying to make sure I hit my metrics to make sure I do not get fired than I do with my family, exercise, or see my friends and thats just not right. If you want to suffer from a heart attack or stroke from high stress levels, lack or leadership, and no sense of direction then this is the place for you.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Life work balance, leadership
Supervisor Central Claims Unit (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2017
Great company to work for. I have learned a lot about insurance while being employed with the company. The experiences that I have had have all been wonderful.
Pros
Great company to work for.
progressive life center
Bilingual Project Connect Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 21, 2017
Great pay management needs improvement, not much opportunity to grow. The job culture is not diverse and is not the best one I experience. Great job work/life balance.
Fast paced
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 20, 2017
Very fast paced, long hours, nights , weekends, holidays. Constant turnover and no real job security. Unrealistic work load and job expectations. Sweat shop.
Pros
It's a job
Claims
Estimator/ Claims (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 20, 2017
Overworked underpaid....we constantly hear about how great the company is profiting, but can't tell based on the benefits. Every few years the medical gets more expensive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2017
Very optimistic and positive environment, unlimited support and development. Great pay and benefits. stressed importance on the work/life balance. I loved this job!
Very good company
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 20, 2017
Progressive is a very good company but they have zero tolerance for even one mistake. I really wanted to be here for a long time but my one mistake cost me my job. The café is excellent. The office is very well located. You can work out in the gym for $10 @ month or there is a park where you can walk. The bosses will pitch in and work side by side with the employees when it gets super busy.
Pros
cafe, gym, good bosses, ablitiy to advance
Cons
zero tolerance for any misconduct
n/a
Claims Customer Service (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 20, 2017
progressive is a great place to work they are very flexible and understanding of most situations. If you communicate you will not have too many issues.
Excellent Place to Work!!!
Insurance Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 19, 2017
One of the best places I have ever worked for. Everyone in my former office was great, management was exceptional! I would highly recommend Progressive to others!
Excdellent Company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2017
I started in a clerical capacity and ended as a licensed agent and claims representative. I enjoyed the ability to advance with the company. I left only to stay home with my twins and other children.
Pros
Advancement opportunites
Cons
None that I can recall.
Stressful and underpaid.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILOctober 18, 2017
Stressful and underpaid. Management is horrible. Clients stay in home all day everyday. All vehicles are either old and nasty or they are broke down. Clients are treated horrible.
Most challenging "entry level" job
Claiks Adjuster (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 17, 2017
Progressive is a great company in terms of its culture. The ceo has the right vision. The pay is decent but the workload is beyond reasonable for the level of pay.
Claims is a brutal industry and there is no roadmap for success. You must learn on your own and unfortunately learn from your own mistakes.
Training in Cleveland was very wasteful from a cost perspective. Many treated the 2 week trip as a vacation and I can honestly say the training did not prepare me whatsoever for the real job. I think this role requires a 3 month hands on training program to truly be successful. I felt lost and am still struggling 5 months into the role. Management should revamp the training and on-boarding process as it was very ineffective.
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, workload is excessive
It's not what it used to be
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 17, 2017
When I first got hired on at Progressive years and years ago I was so incredibly excited. It seemed like a business that really cared about it's employees and wanted you to stay long term.

Over the past few years that has changed. They'll tell you you're not sales and force you to do sales while not providing additional compensation for it. They're force you to try and sell policies to people who already can't afford what they've currently got.

They keep upping what they want out of you and give you no help to get there, only threats of what happens when you don't hit those goals.

I used to enjoy Progressive and working there. Now it makes me sick.
Pros
Gainshare
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.