Progressive

Progressive United States Employee Reviews

A company that cares about their employees.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the atmosphere and work enviroment is very friendly.
Cons: the snow...
A fantastic place to work, they treat you very well. The only reason I am looking someplace else is to relocate...........
Productive and Friendly Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: family oriented environment
Cons: difficult to promote with in the company
• Take inbound customer calls ( policyholders, dealers, agents),in order to handle inquiries and transactions for a single line of business.

• Solve problems, educate and answers questions from customers regarding coverage, rates, billing issues and general policy reviews.

• Identify the customers' insurance needs and recommends additional products and coverages.

• Process cancellations, renewals, reinstatements, endorsements, payments, and state/federal filings on Progressive systems.

• Part of a specialty team that handles four most unique states( New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and North Carolina).

• Paticipate in on going training on insurance regulations and guidelines to ensure I am maintaining the highest level of accuracy.

Management is easy to approach and professional.

The enivornment is family oriented. Makes the day go by fast.
Multi Line Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: dress attire
good managers, coworkers good managers, coworkers good managers, coworkers good managers, coworkers good managers, coworkers good managers, coworkers good managers, coworkers good managers, coworkers
great place
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: work all holidays
A typical day of work will consist of assisting customer on a day to day basis. working with my co-workers and customers will be my most enjoyable part of the day.
Overbearing environment that is horrible for families
Claim Representative (Former Employee), Duluth, MNFebruary 5, 2015
The company is out to squeeze every last drop of blood out of you before it sends you to the curb. There are no advancement opportunities and the management has been around for 20 years and have been placed into positions where they have no idea what they are talking about.
Challenging yet rewarding
Medical Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Iselin, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Determine wage loss expenses and wage exposures on medical insurance claims. Receive and report statements from multiple customers sometimes simultaneously. Research medical records to classify nature and extent of reported injuries. Investigate coverage via multiple programs such as Lexus Nexus and ISO. As well as, locating background information on multiple people at a time. Analyze medical claims for possible fraudulent items, loss control and recovery as required by insurance policy contracts, medical bill coding regulations and state laws. Review claims independently as well as in a group environment, at the same time as multi tasking throughout various amounts of programs concurrently. All while meeting strict timeframes and keeping an up to date database on each individual claim
Claims Adjuster, Bodily Injury Claims Department (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 5, 2015
It is a good place to work if you are a student and need flex schedules. However don't expect to have much in advancement since it is essentially a retail business.
Insurance Producer
Blended Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: compensation, atmosphere, not micro managed.
Cons: minimal opportunities for advancement.
I was and insurance producer for all lines of business helping customers with issuing new policies and the maintenance of existing policies. Progressive has the best programs and tools to use for up to date state laws and company policies. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Lots of nice amenities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch/break times
Cons: schedule
Progressive has a lot going for them. Our facility had a gym, cafeteria and family medical clinic on site. Many associates are long term so changing to a family friendly or traditional schedule isn't easy and opportunities to advance without changing business units are rare. The job is repetitive like many call centers, but the customers are generally interesting.
protuctive
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, FLJanuary 30, 2015
very fast pace with a lot of hours always on the move must be very careful a lot truck and equipment traffic co workers are ok managment ok i guess 1/2 hr for lunch
Fun place to work
Claims Loss Reporting Unit II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2015
This place was all about training and making you feel prepared for your career. Training was a six week course that actually netted you a certificate from a local college at the end. Work flow varied and there was a lot of opportunity to learn new things and give feedback. Loved it here.
Evolving culture
Supervisor Loan-out (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OhioJanuary 23, 2015
It's a great place to work with many perks, flexibility, and opportunity for advancement
great place
customer service (Current Employee), el paso txJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free cable service
learned to troubleshoot all kinds of equipment
Worked with technicians closely
Built great friendships
Managed Repair Representative (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great friendships
Cons: unrealistic workload
I concentrated on analyzing case facts and related claim information to determine accurate and appropriate compensations while providing excellent customer service. Negotiated with attorneys, witnesses, police officers and claimants in order to settle various claims outside of court. Most of my responsibility revolved around repair shop relations in three large territories within King County. Supervise customers repair processes at network shops as well as non-network repair facilities in assigned territory.

Amazing coworkers- become family. I loved going to work everyday to see my friends. They bent over backwards to help me. My coworkers wanted to see me succeed. There is unbelievable teamwork and work ethic in the office. Employees truly care about their work product, treat the customers with respect and want to give the best service they can.

The job could be great if it wasn't for the workload. You are so overworked it becomes unhealthy. You are given an unrealistic workload that is nearly impossible to be successful at unless you skip meals and bring your work home or stay late and come in early every day. The expectations are high. I'm healthy and happy again since I left. It was the most difficult and best choice I've made for my family.
Great company
Project Manager/ Solutions Architect (Current Employee), 600 North CommonsJanuary 14, 2015
It was great opportunity for me to work there. I learned a lot from working for such a good corporation
Great People, great company to work for
Data Analyst / Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Progressive is a great company to work for although advancement can be slow and limited.

I had a few great managers and a few bad managers but I learned something from all of them.
Great place to
Customer service (Former Employee), Mayfield, OHJanuary 13, 2015
When they started the new process for scheduling it threw the entire company into a test sequence and that did not make for an easy going work place
Great management and good teamwork
PIP Fraud Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: heavy work loads at times
I enjoyed working for Progressive Casualty Insurance Company. The management were very approachable, and would make time to listen.

At times the workload was high (claims department life!), but everyone seemed to pull together during those times.

What I learned is to prioritize and have a clear directions from each person you work for, as to their time constraints.

Hardest part of the job was during inclement weather, claim volume would skyrocket.

Most enjoyable part of the job, was helping people who were injured to get the medical assistance and or monetary assistance they needed at a critical time.
fun workplace where you feel appreciated
Assist customers (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: everything
Best job I have ever had! Offer great benefits and bonuses. Management is very nice and assist you with everything you could possibly need.
Fun Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2015
Progressive makes sure you feel secure in the work you are doing, they take the time needed to train you properly. Incentives are great.

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries