Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,047 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Sales/Customer Serive Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 9, 2016
Great people to work with. Good benefits. Amazing technology variety and scale. Strong diversity and inclusion atmosphere. Plenty of opportunities to move horizontally. Used to have strong support for remote workers.
Advancement is quick and the people amazing!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 23, 2016
I worked with Progressive Insurance for 2 years and loved every minute of it. From the day I walked in for training I found myself amongst liked mined individuals. Everyone there was friendly and outgoing.
Supervisors when we hit the floor always took the time to help with any questions that I had. We were required to have some independent work ethic, however we did need sups every now and then.
The work place inside this company is fast paced. The claims department where I worked was always fast but so rewarding. I found that the most rewarding aspect was helping the customers in such a stressful time.
When looking to advance within the company all the supervisors and managers are always happy to help. I've never seen a company more committed to their employees.

**Please if you get the chance to work with such a dynamic group, jump at the opportunity. You wont be disappointed.
Pros
Great Benifits, Fun Enviorment, Carrer advancment
Cons
Stressful days
Progressive Insurance Company work experience
SIU Special Investigator II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
Progressive Insurance is a very fast paced work environment. First line management is not dependable & not trained enough to adequately handle needs of their assigned employees. Progressive is prone to eliminate positions without any notice, once the profitability level becomes strained for the company. Gainsharing bonuses were always a plus. Work load was never balanced with employees life balance.
will discriminate due to any criminal record
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHAugust 26, 2016
This company made me wait 7 weeks to hear back after I passed all the interviews I was denied the call center position because I have a minor misdemeanor (a tactic from my ex husband and his lawyer). I was employed by a school system prior to this opportunity and I was denied answering phones! Phones for goodness sake! Lol.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 14, 2016
High call volume daily. Provides excellent training and licenses where needed. Many opportunities for bonus throughout the year through contests. End of year bonus NICE!
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Sales daily quota
First experience in the industry
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OHFebruary 20, 2017
Job skills learned on the job and within classroom atmosphere with progressive leading the way in the industry

Supervisors were approachable and easy to speak to
Pros
work experience
Cons
stress level high
Provided a Good learning space
Insrance Agent (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Progressive has created videos and guild-lines to help on all calls throughout the day. U watch the video and take all quizzes in the inbox and then began the day with calls.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
fenquent hiring of new employees
Good company with great benefits
Claims property damage reinspector (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Company allows a lot of employee input. Company has good benefits and genuinely tries to take of it's employees for the most part
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Workload can sometimes get out of hand
Very good Employee friendly rules on the book that doesnt transpire to reality
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Progressive is a very good workplace for those who dont see advancement in career. Management most of the time is not aware of the product and technically very ill knowledge.
Pros
Good training facilities
Cons
bad maangement
always incorporated fun things into your work day like picinics and ice cream socials
cutomer info rep (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHAugust 3, 2016
i probablly learned the most for the 17 years i was employeed at progessive. namely customer service skills and professionalism. you had to adapt to change because progressive is constantly changing.i learned a lot about office procedures and computers. i worked with many different nationalties, races and ethnic backgrounds so diversity is very important to adapt to. the most enjoyable part of my job is the people who are always willing to step in and help with any issues that might arise.
Pros
gymn on site
Cons
downsizing
Excellent work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Progressive however i did not enjoy the selling aspect of my job. I much prefer the customer service side of things. They provide excellent training and benefits.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
long term sitting
Cash Processing
Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Cash Processing (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 2, 2016
Every claim is different. None are a like so always learning new things everyday. Management is awesome, very supportive and always here to listen or give advice. Co-workers are great, I've made some great friends here.
Productive and Exciting
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 18, 2016
It was basically a secretary job. I answered phone calls directed calls to the adjusters that they needed to be in contact with and answered any calls that came in. I worked at two different locations: Brunswick and Hinesville. I usually walked in greeted everyone and worked basically as a receptionist as well, if anyone came into the office. All of my co-workers were very nice, and pleased that I helped them out so much. In doing so, I went to all of the police departments to pick up police reports and actually helped with this for surrounding counties that needed them and faxed them a copy. I was in charge of organizing group lunches, and also the office Christmas party in Savannah. I would have to say the most challenging part was having to travel between the two different offices and picking up where I left off on my previous visit but it wasn't hard.
Pros
Free Lunches, flexible scheduling, awesome co-workers.
Cons
Travelling between the two offices.
Bizarre Company!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 11, 2016
Yes this place is really off the wall. The assessment test has nothing to do with insurance or reasoning. It disqualifies many seasoned professionals because you forgot how to do Algebra 2. The ads for people are up all the time. I wonder why?
Pros
Hours
Cons
Dumb rules, managers
ok company to work for
Senior Customer Service and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2016
the company always was concerned with business need first. you could not get time off for unexpected emergencies. the company always wanted more from employees and looked for ways to weed out low performing employees
produdtive and fun place with a gym
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 19, 2016
it was nice place to work with a gym and quiet room. but i worked from home. only went in on special occasions. the hardest part was when I did have to go in. the enjoyable part was that i worked from home
Pros
a gym
Cons
Productive and a great place to work
Commercial Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2016
They cared about me as a person along with my carrier and helped me to advance and broaden my skills needed to complete my job. Gave back thru Gain Share payment at the end of every profitable year.
Pros
gain share
Waste Management (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Slow start mondays and tuesdays. Very busy every other day of the week , very productive , good hours , good pay .great management, rise after hire with in the company , on the job training
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Culture is a mirage in local office
Fire and Theft Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 28, 2016
Its a do as I say not do as I do culture. Management thinks your job is to make their job easier when the reason they have a job is because of you. The customers are treated better than the employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Lead/Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
- Great work-life balance
- Good benefits
- A complete People company. It takes great care of its employees.
- Great co-workers. Always willing to mentor and coach.
- Lot of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) serving different sections of the society and welcoming to all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

85%