Progressive

Progressive Employee Reviews

great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMay 18, 2015
Overall good company, awesome people. Nice salary, constant change. Great benefits. Management is ok. some micro manage, some does not.
NA
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2015
Good place to work good people good benefits no commission. Pay for P&C license,not to demanding. Pretty good job for just starting out or if you need a job asap
Loved the beginning
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 15, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: Varying management styles
As a company I liked Progressive. It was the management that drove me out. I wasl P & C licensed in 17 states, qualified to sell homeowners insurance and kept both retention numbers and sales quotas high, but the money was not forthcoming. Upon my resignation it was if I didn't even exist. No exit interview, had to fight for awarded benefits not even so much as a "good-bye" after 8 years.
Progressive
Claims Data Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance
Cons: stress of working claims
Good company to work for. Good people. Great co-workers. Management is very helpful and understanding. As long as you put forth the effort you will be rewarded.
Great startup job
Vocational Instructor/Direct Service Worker (DSW) (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMay 12, 2015
The clients are great!!! There is plenty of opportunities for advancement!!!! You can build up sick + vacation time!!!! Plenty of overtime available!!!!
Don't get in to claims
CSO Claims (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHMay 12, 2015
Pros: Progressive facilities - workout center, cafeterias
Cons: management
I do believe that some areas of Progressive (IT, Marketing) are great. But do not get in to claims. The most inadequate people (no college degree, no professionalism, have been at the job for 6 months) get promoted in to management. Management could care less about work/life balance. If you don't work more than 40 hours a week there is no way you are getting all of your work done. The room for growth in claims is very limited as a lot of people are trying to get the same promotions.
nice company, no room for growth
Medical Rep (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 4, 2015
this is a family friendly company to work for. If you have a goal of getting into management, this is not the company for you.The pay is okay, could be better.
OK
Field Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2015
The job was relatively secure, and the co-workers were great. However, the corporate leadership was not employee-oriented. There are better options out there.
progressive is a great place
Estimator (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 30, 2015
I have worked for Progressive for 9 years. I have worked in the call center and in claims. Progressive as a company offers a lot of wonderful and competitive benefits.
Great Employess and Job Culture
CLAIMS GENERALIST (Current Employee), Decatur, GAApril 30, 2015
Compensation for job is competitive and the employees are great to be around. Very supportive staff and good holiday and vacation benefits.
Great atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Learning experience
All around this was a great experience, I loved the people I worked with they were so welcoming. Since I am great with computers I caught on to working the system fast and after a week I was sitting with clients and producing quotes. I will make sure to always use this company and would recommend to anyone
Very Anti replician company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), colorado springs coloradoApril 28, 2015
Pros: Going home
Cons: coming into work
They fire those with disability's, late once and you're fired without warning. poor training, no job advancement.aefg wiahg kquehfoipuqewu oweuahpouf hqewpoithwepouh g[ouaehpigaeh [owdo[klrgth spe;rgt wrty wrt5 wrty
Informative
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Hard to advance
Learned a lot about insurance background. Company very family oriented. Great bonus check, great raises. Co-Workers very friendly, great gym facility on site, outstanding cafeteria.
Great understanding work place, amazing ethics and incentives
Claim Loss Reporter (Former Employee), Riverview, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, positive management, clear procedures, fun atmosphere
Cons: Advancing is tough, supervisors wait too long to tell u what ur doing wrong
Managers are supportive and great teachers. Training is very informative, benefits are amazing, management cares very much for their employees and make working a fun and enjoyable task
good
Senior Processing Representative (Former Employee), mayfield village ohioApril 28, 2015
I worked at very high paced and productive team member at Progressive for 16 years as a Phone Representative in the Special Lines Department and Processing in the Auto Department.
productive and fun nice place to work, all of the managers were supportive and empowering. christmas time very joyful in the work place.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), cleveland ohioApril 27, 2015
Pros: winning cavs tickets
Cons: lots of information to retain
nice place to work managers and coworkers were great to work with i enjoyed the information that i learned. the work enviorment was nice, this location had a fitness center and medical facilities,
Good Company. Hard work/life balance-Claims
Claims Representative (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, co-workers
Cons: work/life balance
Good company to work for. Constantly growing and offering opportunities to change positions. Higher levels careers require move to Cleveland, OH as well as most other positions. Work/life balance is tough to manage due to very heavy workload.
They work hard and are rewarded for it.
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), mayfield village ohioApril 22, 2015
Pros: A lot of opportunity to grow.
Cons: not enough part time jobs at home.
Great place to work. The people you work with were terrific. Most managers really care about your career and training.

The only real con is the hiring process. I have refered many people to Progressive because I had such a great experience. Once you send in your resume, you never here from them again. Not we selected someone else, your not quailified. Nothing. I think that is poor public relations. Why would you want to buy car insurance from such a place!
A Workplace that let you take the time needed to resolve customer issues.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 21, 2015
The management was unpredictable and inconsistent. You were constantly being moved to different areas and you never new where you stood with the company.
AVERAGE PLACE TO WORK
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), MIAMI FLORIDAApril 19, 2015
Cons: HIGH VOLUMEN WORKLOAD
VERY BUSY ALL THE TIME WORK VERY LONG HOURS