Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 1,052 reviews matching the search
Culture is a mirage in local office
Fire and Theft Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 28, 2016
Its a do as I say not do as I do culture. Management thinks your job is to make their job easier when the reason they have a job is because of you. The customers are treated better than the employees.
Productive and a great place to work
Commercial Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2016
They cared about me as a person along with my carrier and helped me to advance and broaden my skills needed to complete my job. Gave back thru Gain Share payment at the end of every profitable year.
Pros
gain share
Cons
great work culture and facilities
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 31, 2017
I worked here during recession, compensation was an issue. the only reason I left was to increase my income. A career worthy company.
Pros
nice facilities very clean and up to date.
Cons
compensation
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Lead/Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
- Great work-life balance
- Good benefits
- A complete People company. It takes great care of its employees.
- Great co-workers. Always willing to mentor and coach.
- Lot of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) serving different sections of the society and welcoming to all.
Good experience, great people.
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 24, 2017
Busy and sometimes stressful environment. Not for everyone, but benefits outweigh the stress. Need to be flexible as directives change often, but that is part of staying ahead of the crowd.
Best Job I've ever had
Claims Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2016
I love working here. Its tedious but worth it. The benefits are great and the flexibility (for my position) is a plus. My coworkers are extremely nice. My managers are cooler then the other side of the pillow.
great place to work. good benefits. make alot of money. crazy hours and schedule. nice/fun. nice staff. quick working.
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2016
Productive and fun place to work
Fire & Theft Representative (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Progressive was a good company to work for. They look out for their employees and provide flexibility to accommodate work/life balance. I found it difficult to advance. There were plenty of opportunities for lateral movements, but not many for advancement.
not a good work life balance could use better Mgmt
CRM Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2017
Great concept the only issue I have is you have to use pro in order to take off. if you don't have any you get what they call an occurrence. Mangement could also be more informed.
Progressive
Claims Generalist (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 8, 2017
Heavy workload. High volume of claims. Lots of expectations and very little room for error. Management in MS is below average. Everything depends on your management and their styles.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work Load
knowledge is power
Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 19, 2017
the company believes in treating customer with utmost respect. They start with their employees. as far as being a liability adjuster, they make fair assessments.
Pros
work environment
Cons
hours, stress
Leadership Is not the strongest
Managed Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 26, 2017
Great Company! Local leadership lacks serious motivation ability. Leadership does not support tor encourage upward mobility within the state.
benefits
Cons
leadership
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 9, 2017
Good place to work, very tenured staff. Management works well with all employees to accomodate time off, doctor appointments, etc. Co-workers great, all very tenured as previously mentioned,
Good to help people
Installer/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  MidwestJanuary 25, 2017
I think it's a wonderful company. It gives me a chance to help people get the help they need when they need it. I have met some very nice people and they always appreciate me being there.
Not a fair company for all
Medical Claims Processor/NJ PIP (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 14, 2016
The department I worked for catered to certain people. Everyone was not treated fairly and advancements were given to managements favorites not necessarily to who deserved it.
Great culture in terms of diversity, technology, and innovative solutions.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Typical day included interactions with project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders in support of project, program, or portfolio assignments. Learned how centralized Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) functions can serve needs across a broad spectrum of organizational business areas.

Culture was diverse, and encouraged risk taking in pursuit of solution building. Although leadership was strong, support for those positioned as change agents remained critical to personal success.

Most challenging element of the job was assignments where support was inconsistent or inadequate to satisfy the goals of the project or program.

Most enjoyable part of the job was delivering IT outcomes that impacted the bottom line in substantial ways, and strengthened the company's pursuit of becoming the number 1 national insurer.
Pros
Access to modern technologies, tools, and training.
Cons
Inconsistent and/or inadequate processes that were candidates for Lean refinement.
Good only for recent college grads
Casualty Specialist/Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 10, 2017
If you are looking to get into insurance, this company will train you very well.
It's unlikely that you will stay here though.
Pros
good training
Cons
very young hires
Loved working with customers
Claims Processor in a call center Tigard (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 31, 2016
I loved working at Progressive I was there just shy of 5 years and I intended on being there for many more, but our office was closed due to down sizing.
Pros
good pay for 20 years ago
Cons
closed our office
daily
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2016
Answered inbound calls (heavy call volume) to assist customers with their personal lines account (auto, motorcycle, boat, umbrella, homeowners, etc.) i.e.- adding or deleting vehicles, taking payments, changing coverage's on their policy, underwriting, as well as gathering info from the Department Of Motor Vehicles of that
state. Also (during low call volume) I assisted with data entry work to process claims i.e.- insurance/vehicle information, medical records, police reports, auto shop
paperwork, etc. via computer or 10 key touch while maintaining all clerical/administrative work which also consisted of updating company files in alphabetical order by customer's name or policy number.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHFebruary 19, 2017
The work-life balance here was excellent, and the pay was great for the position. Also had some excellent benefits such as paid time off, paid holidays, 401k and on-site lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.