Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Lead Security Analyst (Former Employee), Mayfield VillageJune 14, 2014
High energy organization. Technology driven, very forward thinking
Fast paste work, knowlege, focus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 14, 2014
Pros: long lunch time and flex break
Cons: schedules
Provide client with policy information, make changes on policies as require. Deal with client that were upset because of guide lines. Very low co-worker relationship. Management focus customer satisfaction answer phone call in timely managers and solution solving.
Very Stressful
Licensed Agent (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: sitting all day and not having the opportunity to move around
* Sat behind a desk all day and took phone calls.
*I learned a lot about the insurance business.
*Management was not very "user friendly" at times.
*Co-workers were nice but had their own agenda.
* The hardest part about the job was sitting all day.
* The pay was great and benefits as well.
Nice work environment
CSR/IVT Rep (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 13, 2014
A typical day consisted of high volume inbound phone calls. I learned how to provide second to none customer service and management were key in making sure this was top priority. My co workers were very fun and pleasant o work with in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was when things were out of my control (i.e. state laws). The most enjoyable – more... part was being able to help educate customers on what they have and how it benefits them. – less
A lot of perks and a lot of work
Claims Contact Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, gym, health center, yearly celebration, competitive pay, great 401k matching
Cons: heavy workload, often rude customers
At Progressive I was part of an inbound call taking team called "Blended Glass". I was scheduled to take accident claim calls and glass claim calls.

When taking accident claims I gathered all pertinent information regarding an accident from insured parties, claimant parties, family members, attorneys, police officers, medical personnel, and many others. – more... I used the information to set up claims and scheduled follow up phone calls from claims adjusters.

When taking glass claims I gathered all pertinent information regarding vehicle glass damage from insured parties, claimants, glass repair specialists, and a few other parties. I used the information to set up and adjust claims, schedule repairs, approve payments, deny claims and send correspondence.

I learned a lot of useful information about car insurance. I also learned how to use the advanced phone system that is in place in most call centers.

I've made lasting friendships with a few of my coworkers. I can say with confidence that most of the people hired by Progressive are intelligent, friendly, hard working people.

The hardest part of the job was how busy it often was. Because I had two different jobs I was required to switch between the two as needed. For example, if I was scheduled to take glass claims and the accident claims department became busy I was required to switch to the accident claim queue in order to lessen the workload on their end.

The most enjoyable part of the job was, to be honest, the fact that I got to sit down. This was my first job during which I did not have to stand all day. – less
Productive Holistic Environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 12, 2014
Working at Progressive Insurance has taught me to be a fast learner who adapts quickly to new responsibilites. I am highly self motivated which helps me do the best I can no matter the task. I have the ability to solve problems, and get the job done efficiently the first time. Having a strong work ethic also contributes to making me a dependable employee
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Pros: great coffee and goodies in the break room, free lunches, easy vacation
Cons: micromanagement, workload
Progressive is a good company to work for. They have many great perks like tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedules, its easy to request time off or leave for an emergency. They also strive to create a fun work environment and yes there really is a ping pong table in the conference room and a wii. Do not apply if you cannot handle strict job expectations – more... and a heavy workload. Do not apply if you cannot handle people yelling at you because they think they are entitled to something. Do not apply if a micromanaging style does not work for you. There are controls for controls and everything is monitored. Progressive is almost manic about perfection and quality so be prepared to meet high expectations. This is not a company for slackers. – less
fun but commute was troublesome
customer service rep (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: training, flexible schedules, benefits
Cons: commute
loved working at progressive but the 65 trek one way was my demise. Training was ongoing and scheduled.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 9, 2014
Process applications for, changes to, reinstatement of, and cancellation of insurance policies. Duties include reviewing insurance applications to ensure that all questions have been answered, compiling data on insurance policy changes, changing policy records to conform to insured party's specifications, compiling data on lapsed insurance policies – more... to determine automatic reinstatement according to company policies, canceling insurance policies as requested by agents, and verifying the accuracy of insurance company records. – less
Great Place to Work!!!
Inbound/Outbound Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: on-site gym, on-site cafeteria and great pay
Cons: day to day work can become repetitive and boring.
Extensive training and on-boarding for the first few months. Then out to the floor to sale.
Very little room for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoJune 5, 2014
The best parts about working at Progressive were the co-workers and the health insurance offered. I've met some really amazing people there who will be life long friends.
The worst parts were the location of the office, the management team who refuse to help you succeed and advance, the grueling requirements of the low-level employees and the inability – more... to move up in the company for basic customer service reps. – less
Great experience
Claims Generalist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 2, 2014
Great learning opportunity for new grad. Always busy, never a dull moment
A good educational job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: competitive pay and good benefits
A good job to teach you about personal insurance and other insurance fields.
Employee friendly environment, Progressive culture
Combined Services Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 21, 2014
Pros: many giveaways, encouraging supervisors
Cons: little growth opportunities
The typical day at work for me is primarily focused on customer service, were I take inbound phone calls regarding our insured's policies. The general questions are concerning billing, or adding vehicles and numerous other policy changes. This involves using many search databanks, and guidelines are written separately for each state, so this requires – more... fast reading, extensive knowledge of computer use and savvy customer service abilities.
The management is extremely knowledgable, and they are always willing to coach on new laws or company requirements.
Like most office complexes, my co-workers are from all different backgrounds, representing many beliefs and cultures. One of the great things about Progressive is the company encourages this diversity.
The hardest part of the job, and often the most rewarding, is servicing customers who need help understanding the policy they have, or folks who are upset over a change the company or industry has made. This leads into the most enjoyable part of the job, genuinely satisfying a customer. – less
Great work place and environment
IT Systems Engineer Senior (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHMay 21, 2014
Very flexible and good work environment. Allows you to grown into yourself.
An Impossible work environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (licensed) (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHMay 19, 2014
Progressive is a hellish place to work. They set you up to fail. Employees are made to feel that their jobs are at risk, it is hard to get time off. The pay is not worth the aggravation of dealing with their customers. The company has very unfriendly customer and employee policies.
Progressive IT Helpdesk
IT Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2014
Pros: offsite events
Cons: short breaks and short lunch period
Come in and get login to phone, to start the day. Cannot be late by more then 12 minutes. Then start taking calls. The calls would be either from the policy side or Claims side. Policy side would usually be an issue with software or they computers would not be working. The work from home agents would have network issues. I would document the issues – more... and then resolve their issue or escalate ticket to the team that supported that platform. For claims rep it would 9 times out 10 be a computer issue. Would do a safeboot on their system and if that did not correct issue would have to send them a new laptop. Sometimes the issue was their air cards were not connecting to the providers network and they could not access Progessive software. Would walk reps through the steps to reconnect or do a reboot and then reconnect. If could not resolve they would have to call back when in a Progressive Claims office and we would reinstall the software.

We were usually very busy but when we had down time my coworkers and I would talked about issue with software and or hardware and support each other.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my customers. – less
One of the BEST places to work in Austin
Texas Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: not very stressful and fun people to work with
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
Great work environment with a relaxed and positive feeling. Exceptional benefits including on-site healthcare and a full gym. The company went above and beyond to create fun and unusual activities for the employees including carnivals, hot dog lunches provided by the managers and fun and games. Overall, a GREAT place to work!
Enjoy Work/Life Balance
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee), Bothell, WAMay 12, 2014
I enjoy what I do for Progressive. Having complete autonomy, my manager treats me as a professional thus having a good work relationship and work environment.
Fun place to work with the public
Glass Claim Adjuster (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 7, 2014
Creativity is a must and is greatly celebrated. Working with customers in achieving the goals in their own creativity is very rewarding.

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more