Progressive

Progressive Employer Reviews

Fun Team Environment, Great People
Insurance Salesperson/Claims Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2014
work life balance is rewarded, great managers and people, awesome work from home programs
Highly Stressful
Customer Preservation Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2014
High stress work environment, company has changed a lot in past 7 years and did not like or agree with the business direction
Best Insurance Company to work for
Claims Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee), Arlington, txMarch 3, 2014
Great insurance company that surpasses the rest for good reason. People don't understand the levels we keep for ourselves. After working with other insurance companies and working claims to assist customers is great place for smart, intelligent individuals.
Amazing place to work
Licensed Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 3, 2014
Amazing place to work. Awesome employyees. My favorite part is asisting the customers.
I learned a LOT
Progressive Team Leader (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILMarch 1, 2014
Pros: training
The best training
Great bonus program
Has some great managers, but also some horrible managers
Employee oriented culture
Sr. Business Analyst- Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: company thrives to make the work environment as friendly as possible
- Lot of gossip
- Politics among staff
- Groupism

As a company Progressive is committed to it's employees. Just beware of politics and keep out of it.
Allways something to do or learn about, on a daily basis. Never boring.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: never boring.
Cons: none really, at the end it was time to move on.
I love books and have many years experience as a bookseller. My time with Borders exposed me to other areas, product lines other then books. I worked as Cafe and HR manager, working up scheduling, interviewing, hiring, and working various areas in the music department. I particularly enjoyed merchandising, where my creative side was unleached with the – more... seasonal window displays I created. – less
Looks good on paper
Claims Adjuster Sr (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: management
Progressive, looks great on paper, the co-workers are all great, but the work life balance is not that great. As a Claims Adjuster in the call center you will have one day during the week off and one day during the weekend off, not back to back. For Example, you will be off Saturday and off Wednesday. Not much time for "life."

Workload - Turn them – more... and burn them. you will average 12-16 claims per day, and will need to answer phone time.

Training - Training people are awesome but once you are on the floor. It will depend on your Manager how they coach and train you. It is not across the board and every Manager is different. Just like Corporate right? Yes, however, when they change you from one Manager, where you are doing great and have awesome stats and customer service survey, then switch you to another that is incompetent, your stats go down and their coaching needs coaching

Work environment - "Do as I say" mentality, need I say more?

employees are always complaining about the work load, the special treatment towards certain employees, shift bids, scheduling, and their Managers, except a couple of good ones. I only know of one good one.

As a former Supervisor myself, this place needs some Management training. – less
Great environment
Production floor (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 23, 2014
It really is a great company to work for. 3 different 8 hours shifts to choose from with great people on each. Mark and Scott which own the company are great and are at work everyday putting more work in than anyone. They great pride in their company and their employees. Overall great place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoy spekaing to customers and providing a service to them. I love the culture and the gainshare. I feel like I am a part of the family
COMPANY BELIEVES IN A POSTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), NORTH LA REGIONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: etb
Cons: n/a
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A MAIN INGREDIENT IN MANY BUSINESSES. IT IS VERY ENJOYABLE TO ASSIST CUSTOMERS ON SO MANY LEVELS.
Excellent team work envirnment
Customer Service Claims Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: micro-management
A typical work day consists of multi-tasking and incorporating outstanding customer service skills with administrative duties.

I have learned during my time with the company how to work efficiently, quickly, and accurately.

My coworkers and I have a great relationship; we always work together as a team.

The hardest part of my job would be the lack – more... of consistency with receiving positive feedback.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the customers. I truly love to give customer service with a standard of excellence, being able to smile and make their day better is the best form of motivation. – less
Fun place to work and people where great to work with
Windows 7 Migration IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: teams activities
Cons: managers not onsite can't build a relationship
People always willing to help you and make you feel part of the team as soon as you start working. Was a great place to work wish the contract was longer and managers were onsite instead of being in Cleveland OH.
Great place to work if you have no outside life and no ambition to advance your career.
CLAIMS GENERALIST ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), IllinoisFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great employees, decent benefits
Cons: no managerial support, poor work/life balance, favoritism, unrealistic workload
Progressive used to be a fun place to work. However, in recent years, the culture has completely shifted and not at the benefit of the employees. It's a high stress job and the company used to try to alleviate that by creating a fun work environment. That is no longer. A typical day is having to come in early and stay late just to try to stay afloat – more... of all of the work since they run the business perpetually understaffed. There is not much room for advancement as they almost always just shift managers around rather than promoting. The staff is micromanaged. If any managers decide they don't like you, they will make it their mission to dig through everything you do until they find something they can use to put you on "performance management" and eventually fire you. It does not matter how many times work environment surveys are filled out by employees saying they have too much work or no work/life balance; the response is always, "Well, that's the job. Like it or leave." The managers in the midwest are unsupportive and manage their employees through fear. There is no positive feedback for doing a good job, just constantly being told what you're doing wrong. In our office, the term "public shaming" was termed because the team leaders would announce what you're doing poorly in the middle of the office, even go so far to discuss what your yearly review says in front of others. The only silver lining to working at this company is 1) decent benefits and 2) great co-workers. – less
Productive fun and relaxed work place
Rotational Data Analyst (Former Employee), Mayfield, OhioFebruary 4, 2014
I loved working at Progressive. Great work environment and great people.
Great company and great values
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: not many options to have schedule change or room for advancement.
Is a great place to work, management is very professional.
there isnt much opportunity for growth or able to change to better work schedule soon.
Progressive was a job with a lot of unnecessary pressure.
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: too much stress
A typical day at Progressive for me would be checking call center for issues that could be resolved before anyone arrived at the building. It was very important that call center activities should not be interupted. So I would get there at 6:30 AM and do a walk through and deal with the critical problems such as; fire, safety, electrical, lights and – more... HVAC problems.
I had to deal with a co-worker that would create issues daily and a manager that would not do anything about it. If it was not for that this would've been a great job! – less
Excellent Employer
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility in "time-of-day" worked, pay raises are very good.
Cons: the only "con" i can think of is that there is no drug testing to be employed there.
Progressive was the most refreshing employer to work for; advancement came to those who earned it; excellent management - individual correction came in the form of "opportunities."
Great Company
Processor, Sr (Current Employee), ClevelandJanuary 28, 2014
Progressive is an awesome company. The company not only takes care of their external customers; the company also takes great care of the internal (employees) customers.
If you want to sit in a cube all day you'll enjoy this job
Claims (Former Employee), WisconsinJanuary 28, 2014
I use to dread coming to work at Progressive. You have little to no socialization with anyone else unless you're part of the "senior staff". You never feel like you can catch up on your work because they're constantly throwing new assignments at you hourly. It's an uphill battle and stressful.

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more