Progressive

Progressive Employee Reviews

Claims Adjuster, Bodily Injury Claims Department (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 5, 2015
It is a good place to work if you are a student and need flex schedules. However don't expect to have much in advancement since it is essentially a retail business.
Insurance Producer
Blended Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: compensation, atmosphere, not micro managed.
Cons: minimal opportunities for advancement.
I was and insurance producer for all lines of business helping customers with issuing new policies and the maintenance of existing policies. Progressive has the best programs and tools to use for up to date state laws and company policies. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Lots of nice amenities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch/break times
Cons: schedule
Progressive has a lot going for them. Our facility had a gym, cafeteria and family medical clinic on site. Many associates are long term so changing to a family friendly or traditional schedule isn't easy and opportunities to advance without changing business units are rare. The job is repetitive like many call centers, but the customers are generally interesting.
protuctive
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, FLJanuary 30, 2015
very fast pace with a lot of hours always on the move must be very careful a lot truck and equipment traffic co workers are ok managment ok i guess 1/2 hr for lunch
Fun place to work
Claims Loss Reporting Unit II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2015
This place was all about training and making you feel prepared for your career. Training was a six week course that actually netted you a certificate from a local college at the end. Work flow varied and there was a lot of opportunity to learn new things and give feedback. Loved it here.
Evolving culture
Supervisor Loan-out (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OhioJanuary 23, 2015
It's a great place to work with many perks, flexibility, and opportunity for advancement
great place
customer service (Current Employee), el paso txJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free cable service
learned to troubleshoot all kinds of equipment
Worked with technicians closely
Built great friendships
Managed Repair Representative (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great friendships
Cons: unrealistic workload
I concentrated on analyzing case facts and related claim information to determine accurate and appropriate compensations while providing excellent customer service. Negotiated with attorneys, witnesses, police officers and claimants in order to settle various claims outside of court. Most of my responsibility revolved around repair shop relations in three large territories within King County. Supervise customers repair processes at network shops as well as non-network repair facilities in assigned territory.

Amazing coworkers- become family. I loved going to work everyday to see my friends. They bent over backwards to help me. My coworkers wanted to see me succeed. There is unbelievable teamwork and work ethic in the office. Employees truly care about their work product, treat the customers with respect and want to give the best service they can.

The job could be great if it wasn't for the workload. You are so overworked it becomes unhealthy. You are given an unrealistic workload that is nearly impossible to be successful at unless you skip meals and bring your work home or stay late and come in early every day. The expectations are high. I'm healthy and happy again since I left. It was the most difficult and best choice I've made for my family.
Great company
Project Manager/ Solutions Architect (Current Employee), 600 North CommonsJanuary 14, 2015
It was great opportunity for me to work there. I learned a lot from working for such a good corporation
Great People, great company to work for
Data Analyst / Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Progressive is a great company to work for although advancement can be slow and limited.

I had a few great managers and a few bad managers but I learned something from all of them.
Great place to
Customer service (Former Employee), Mayfield, OHJanuary 13, 2015
When they started the new process for scheduling it threw the entire company into a test sequence and that did not make for an easy going work place
Great management and good teamwork
PIP Fraud Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: heavy work loads at times
I enjoyed working for Progressive Casualty Insurance Company. The management were very approachable, and would make time to listen.

At times the workload was high (claims department life!), but everyone seemed to pull together during those times.

What I learned is to prioritize and have a clear directions from each person you work for, as to their time constraints.

Hardest part of the job was during inclement weather, claim volume would skyrocket.

Most enjoyable part of the job, was helping people who were injured to get the medical assistance and or monetary assistance they needed at a critical time.
fun workplace where you feel appreciated
Assist customers (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: everything
Best job I have ever had! Offer great benefits and bonuses. Management is very nice and assist you with everything you could possibly need.
Fun Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2015
Progressive makes sure you feel secure in the work you are doing, they take the time needed to train you properly. Incentives are great.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: long period sitting down
Taking inbound calls I learned how to have excellent customer service skills and how to build rapport with my customers. My co workers were team players, and the hardest part of the job was when we had high call volume and attempt to take every call as well as being productive with our calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the year bonus, when all the work you had done paid you back.
Be careful
Sales Executive (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 8, 2015
Just a head's up. This is a company that will search your Facebook before hiring. Here's the hypocrisy of this company. They wont do drug testing, but they do want to know where you stand politically.
An excellent place to work for
IT Systems Engineer -Infrastructure/Environments (Former Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fitness center, cafeteria, art works, quiet rooms
Cons: far
Typical day is verifying your meetings. Looking at ToDo lists. Making sure support items are done.

Management always cares about welfare of employees.
Co-workers are diverse. Different cultural backgrounds working towards a common goal.

Hardest part of the job is learning all this different systems that make the company work. Getting to know and establishing relationships with people.

Enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie and the efforts of the company to make sure there is work/life balance.
Mail Clerk
Mail (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Excellent company to work for..The people were Great to work with
very busy workplace
CSR (Current Employee), Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 6, 2015
serving and bartending was a typical day at work. Enjoyes working with customers and generally got along with all co workers. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hr shifts with little to no breaks on a constant basis.
Job security and room for upward movement, no work life balance
Fire & Theft Investigative Representative (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits, job security
Cons: local management, no work-life balance, hours
A great first job to have had, Progressive pays very well and has very good benefits. Biggest downside is there is little to no work-life balance. Almost all employees, though salaried to work 40 hours a week, work at least 50 hours in office and take their work home during evenings and weekends. Employees constantly voiced their opinion on high workload, and this was continually ignored.

About Progressive

What We’re About Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life. Each of our employees has – Read more

Progressive Salaries