Progressive Employee Reviews

There is a reason they pay so well
claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 19, 2015
The work itself is not particularly difficult. If you are good at problem solving, critical thinking, negotiation, and assertive decision making you will be successful.
The work load is unrealistic, which causes your work/life balance to become all work and no life. The annual salary saves the company from paying overtime to each adjuster, because you will work overtime regularly (read: daily) to get through your workload.
Pros
Great coworkers, great pay
Cons
Little time away from work
Shady HR enviroment
Personal Lines Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 3, 2016
After making several policy changes this year, the company has become hard to work for and please. They are not accomodating to pregnant women while on maternity leave. A new attendance policy is very harsh and you can get fired with things that have nothing to do with attendance at all,.. like the wording you use when you call in
Pros
wages, some of the mng
Cons
Hr- the higher ups
Great place to start a long career
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2015
Wonderful culture. Progressive has been voted a top 5 Workplace to be employed at in the Tampa Bay area for 6 years straight. My day consisted of speaking to prospective and current customers regarding their insurance needs. The management was top-notch with a great work-life balance. I enjoyed my coworkers knowledge and helpfulness. The hardest part of the job was to deal with catastrophic auto accidents. The most enjoyable part of the job was to receive a thank you for a job well done.
Pros
Year End Bonus, Games, Recognition, Room for advancement
Cons
Very intensive learning at the beginning of career
Great Workplace
Statutory Reporting Intern (Current Employee) –  Mayflower Village, OHOctober 4, 2016
Progressive Insurance is a great place to work. The people are the best part of the company. I learned so much about insurance and Statutory Reporting. Management was great, and my co-workers made me feel like I was a part of a team. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye at the end of my internship, and the most enjoyable was the people, the work, and feeling like I was a part of the team.
Great company to work for
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Progressive is great company to work for. It provides great benefits as well as a many opportunities for growth within.
Progressive Insurance Company work experience
SIU Special Investigator II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
Progressive Insurance is a very fast paced work environment. First line management is not dependable & not trained enough to adequately handle needs of their assigned employees. Progressive is prone to eliminate positions without any notice, once the profitability level becomes strained for the company. Gainsharing bonuses were always a plus. Work load was never balanced with employees life balance.
Great training investment
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 16, 2016
Typical day at work 8am - 5pm shift. Case reviews on auto accidents, driver and passenger interviews, auto damage assessment. Made liability determinations and negotiated price points with auto-body companies.

Learned personal injury and auto damage assessment.

Management: Team structure. Frequent quantitative and qualitative analysis for case work. Periodic meetings with team leader. Great support system.

Co-workers were fellow recent college graduates. Training trips to Phoenix Arizona provided fantastic bonding opportunities and cultivated team chemistry.

Hardest part of the job was tracking down uncooperative drivers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was supporting affected drivers and passengers through medical treatment and auto repair process.
Pros
On site gym with racket ball court.
Transferring auto calls to renters insurance for points
Auto representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 13, 2016
I've worked at progressive auto for a while now. We always tell people they can get a discount by adding renters insurance. But we don't tell them that they have to pay for it. We tell them they have to answer 5 questions, which is not true. We just don't want to deal with the customers that don't even know their own address and send bogus transfers to our partner allday. Who then has to tell the customer we misinformed them, and then we look like idiots. Terrible customer experience.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Intense negotiating skills and results produce personal rewards
All Lines Property Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 12, 2016
A typical day includes planning for inside and outside activities. Co-workers are great people and fun to work with, Hardest part of the job is negotiating claims but the enjoyable part is the reward of resoluton.
Pros
challenge
Great place to work.
Processing Sr POC (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHDecember 24, 2015
Has a great work/life balance. Can work from home up to 4 days per week. Offers Gainshare, great benefits. Hard to move up in the company. Better off leaving the company and then coming back.
Pros
work from home
Cons
nearly impossible to move up in the company from Customer Service
company needs to improve.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 7, 2016
Typical day at progressive was normal, we have to call in and out to receive our hours for the day. The employees we dealt with were some times rude and often gave incorrect information, at some points that was the hardest part of my day dealing with the employees and my greatest part was knowing i successfully finish my work as a care giver and my client was still alive. Often times i would ask for management but they weren't to understanding of the situation.
Pros
disability, okay hours when avaliable
Cons
long wait for a case, unable to get in contact with a agent, no work, bad communication skills
good job
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2016
The management and the human resource department made this job unbearable. They work together to ostracize you out of a promotion or a position to give it to a chosen source of their own. It is really sad to know that this still occurs within employers.
Pros
a great job
Cons
management is unbearable.
daily
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2016
Answered inbound calls (heavy call volume) to assist customers with their personal lines account (auto, motorcycle, boat, umbrella, homeowners, etc.) i.e.- adding or deleting vehicles, taking payments, changing coverage's on their policy, underwriting, as well as gathering info from the Department Of Motor Vehicles of that
state. Also (during low call volume) I assisted with data entry work to process claims i.e.- insurance/vehicle information, medical records, police reports, auto shop
paperwork, etc. via computer or 10 key touch while maintaining all clerical/administrative work which also consisted of updating company files in alphabetical order by customer's name or policy number.
Work/Life balane
Estimator Associate (Full time) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2016
Progressive understands that you have a life outside of work, they treat you like a human and put family first. Great work atmosphere, co-workers are friendly and always helpful, overall a very happy place to work.
Pros
Vacation time, laid back management
Cons
Work load can be heavy, shift hours
Amazing Workplace.
SENIOR CENTRALIZED CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 28, 2016
The work environment is so positive, and the whole moral of the company as well. They're all a huge family and very understanding. You can truly grow here and make this a career.
Productive work environment, continuing education
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJune 4, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is positive energy, management assist with career advancement. The hardest part of the job is unconventional schedule. Work schedule changes annually and based on job performance.
Pros
continuing education
Cons
unconventional scheduling
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 24, 2015
Awesome Place To Work / Relaxed Atmosphere/ Great Co Workers Great opportunity for advancement / Great Management Team / Excellent Working Conditions / Good Training Program
Benefits
Cons
Pay
always incorporated fun things into your work day like picinics and ice cream socials
cutomer info rep (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHAugust 3, 2016
i probablly learned the most for the 17 years i was employeed at progessive. namely customer service skills and professionalism. you had to adapt to change because progressive is constantly changing.i learned a lot about office procedures and computers. i worked with many different nationalties, races and ethnic backgrounds so diversity is very important to adapt to. the most enjoyable part of my job is the people who are always willing to step in and help with any issues that might arise.
Pros
gymn on site
Cons
downsizing
Excellent company with a lot of demands for employees
Claims Generalist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2015
Overall a great company with a strong commitment to the satisfaction of their employees. Unfortunately the work load is unmanageable for most of the employees which causes a high turn over rate. When employees quit it creates more work for their already overworked ex- coworkers.
It's pretty much the norm to be "behind" on your workload.
Management continues to hire the wrong kind of people for this job. This isn't a job for the straight out of college, "I've never had a full time job" type.
The starting pay is attractive
Benefits are average
Coworkers and management are great people
Prepare to work overtime
Pros
Office parties, promotions galore
Cons
workload, benefits
Cash Processing
Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Cash Processing (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 2, 2016
Every claim is different. None are a like so always learning new things everyday. Management is awesome, very supportive and always here to listen or give advice. Co-workers are great, I've made some great friends here.