Progressive Employee Reviews

Progressive
Insurance Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Its not a bad place to work. Its extremely fast-paced and the sales consultants are not paid enough for the volume of calls received and the amount of policies sold. They should pay sales people more. The calls come back to back and you never have a chance to decompress between calls. If you have never made more than $15.00/hr this job is perfect for you.
High stress, High volume
Claims Generalist Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Most enjoyable part of working at Progressive are the people as they are wonderful. Management are promoted from within which is great but at the same time does not mean they are the best Managers. Progressive has a culture that is very High stress, High volume with Micromanaging. It is very hard emotionally to work in this environment as they always give you more work than you can do in a day. The office is very noisy as there are about 20 people in the office and most are always on the phone or chatting which can wear on you and make work more challenging.
Mixed Experience
Underwriting Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 26, 2017
I started my career at the Progressive Home Office in Ohio. This was a great experience.
I transitioned to a Immediate Response Claim Representative. The training was superior and has laid the foundation for the success I have had throughout my career.
Ultimately I ended up leaving though for better compensation with competitors.
Pros
Hoem Office has everything on site
Cons
Stressful work environment
Progressive CL customer care representative
Customer care representative (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Progressive is a dream job! I love going to work everyday for so many reasons! Amazing people, great work environment. They really want you to succeed.
Pros
Diversity, great pay, they want you to succeed!
competitive
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work in. they really want you to succeed. They help you learn at your own pace. Great management and good training provided. I would recommend this job.
Pros
great pay, good benefits, great training.
Cons
schedule.
Great company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2017
Knew what they were doing they were willing to teach and great a job overall always had work kind and friendly staff provide a great experience learned alot at this job
Productive, and overall a great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 25, 2017
If I didn't have to move out of state for personal reasons, I would have stayed and possibly retired with this company. The people there are so nice, and they make it such an enjoyable place to work. Although the work sometimes can be challenging, you always have support. and your team is always willing to help.
Pros
Personal Work Space, Good and effective work environment
Good experience
Multiproduct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Working here was great at first until your supervisors see your potentional and exploit it to their advantage. You learn more platforms at a higher pace than everyone else in turn you take more calls than most of your peers. This leads to decreased morale and burn out of the qualified great selling agents.
Pros
Benefits and compensation, unlimited over time available
Cons
Over worked best agents
Company in process of improving
Data Processor II (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 25, 2017
The company is under a new president. It is currently transitioning, hopefully, for the better. There is still quite a bit of kinks that need to be worked out in regards to management/employee relations.
Pros
Owned by a Corporation that helps provide benefits for all employees.
Cons
Healthcare benefit isn't great
Casual and relaxed atmosphere
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 24, 2017
It has been a pleasure working at Progressive over the past 17 years. They give you coaching opportunity and allow you to bid on flex schedules. They offer 401K plans, dental and medical plans including vacation time and sick leave.
Progressive
Claims Generalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Progressive is a great place to work. A typical day is ten to fourteen hours a day, with maybe a thirty minute lunch. A day consists of working claims, inbound and outbound calls.
Great
Senior Processor (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Progressive is great place to work! Work life balance is awesome and they care about their employee and customers. Diverse culture that is embraced by all.
Good employer
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Progressive, but had to relocate to California.

The culture was excellent. The company provide a fun enviorment.

The hardenst part of the job for me was sitting all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers.
relaxed, easy to learn
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OH 44143September 18, 2017
I enjoy my job at Progressive, I have had the opportunity of working with amazing people and the cultural environment is extremely inclusive. Everyone is friendly, supportive, and outgoing. Great place to grow as a person and in a career. Lots of opportunities.
Fun and diverse
Claims Adjuster/Senior Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
- Overall great place to work. Progressive is a very diverse company. I have learned all the in's and out's from selling a policy to filing a claim and paying out on one.
Pros
flexable
Cons
healthcare
Bosses where drill Sargents
Straw Boss/dozer operator (Former Employee) –  Anthony, KSSeptember 18, 2017
A lot of the people on that spread was on drugs and it was by far a safe place to work. I met some of the the Superintedents and foremans that was on other spreads an they were awesome, fantastic people. But the spread I just do happened to be working with was terrible.
Pros
I had a job.
Cons
They were drug addic's.
Insurance Call Center
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 18, 2017
I worked at progressive after leaving another call center. At the time it was different than the regular customer service job I had with T-mobile. Overall it wasnt too bad with call volume and customers calling for insurance quotes.
Very little room for advancement with a pay increase. Low raises
Customer Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 17, 2017
Management sticks together and does not take your concerns seriously. If your supervisor is not helpful/ knowledgeable; you are still written up for not meeting certain criteria even if you show proof that you reached out for help and did not receive it. Disciplinary actions are unfair and not the same across the board. Supervisors and upper management show favoritism to representatives (one rep will get disciplined while another representative may not get disciplined for the exact same action). Hardest part of the job was lack of support from upper management and not being heard when you voice your concerns. Being retaliated against for speaking up. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers outside of upper management.
Pros
On-Site Cafeteria
Cons
Poor raises and management
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 16, 2017
Love the companies culture and values, some magers jsut dont embodie the values of the company unfortunately. Thers is not any wiggle room when it comes to schedule and attendance either you have the time to cover time off. Vacation and sick time is all one.
Great company to work
Recruiting Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 15, 2017
Love it here. Progressive has a great culture and ethics
Many people find a career and not just a job while working at Progressive. Great team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.