ProHealth Care Employee Reviews

Not worth your time!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Would not recommend this employer at all. I feel like I have wasted a lot of my talent and would have advanced more in a different company. They care nothing about their employees and continually give them unattainable goals. You are then harassed because you didn't do everything in one day that they wanted you to do. It is unfortunate that management doesn't know how to manage and treat people because in the long run, it's a horrible environment and no one does anything to advance this company in good faith. I have learned from this company how I don't want to treat patients or other employees. I have learned that you really have to have no ethics to work here and its difficult. Currently planning on leaving.
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
Continual harrassment, make up their own rules and laws, lie, very unhappy work place
okay place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 12, 2018
great place to work, had great friends. manager was just okay, pay was not anything great, and bonuses were not good. less than 5% per year, anyone on hourly did not make much on bonus
Stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Islip, NYJanuary 12, 2018
When I started with ProHealth it didn't seem so bad but as I got to know more about the company it all went downhill. You're only allowed a 1-3% raise per year. For the 2017 year they showed us how much they DO NOT CARE about their employees by giving us an all across the board "Bonus" to less than half of what we received the years prior. If you want to advance in your position I do not recommend working for this company. You are overworked for what you get paid the hour. The office I work for is great, along with all the staff but ProHealth itself as a company; not a fan of them.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
short unpaid breaks, expensive healthcare insurance
Stressful but decent pay
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 8, 2018
Sitting in a cube making/taking phone calls for 8 hours a day can be stressful, but I do feel I am paid fairly for what I do. I am relative autonomous, without a supervisor breathing down my neck.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Stressful
Great people. Poor health insurance benefits, no tuition reimbursement, inadequate PTO.
Hematology/Oncology/ Rheumatology Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 8, 2018
If you don't need health benefits and aren't interested in going back to school, then this is a good company to work for. The management is decent and the work culture is friendly.
Enviroment of education, training and advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 27, 2017
The culture of the department I worked in was progressive and challenging with excellent leadership and mentoring so that each employee who desired could progress how they desired.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
parking was inconvenient
good pay but stressful
cutthroat
lying and deceiving
A Great experience for all new Radiographers
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2017
Pro health would be an a great experience for an Radiographer new out of school. Great staff, great training, and overall great start to a competitive world. At Pro health there are multiple areas for training for both Radiographer and the patient care values.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Lack of staff
Very unpleasant work environment. Immature management. Worried more about relationship with doctors than professional ethics.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 5, 2017
There are significant concerns about meeting patient needs. Head radiology tech very controlling and out of her scope of care. Uses gossip to control professionals. Witch hunt to get out professionals in spite of patient care. Poor results to provide practical care to patients due to poor management. If Christian --persecuted by drinkers and those doing REIKI which is witchcraft. Very clickish, gossip behind peoples backs and poor collaboration among specialities/professionals.
It's a job
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 4, 2017
ProHealth is a great stepping stone. the work culture sucks because they don't really promote cohesiveness or and environment to get to know your coworkers.
Pros
venting machines take your debit card
Cons
short lunches, no real food options, the pay etc...
A lot of work and not enough time with patients.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WINovember 23, 2017
Busy day, some people doing a lot of work, some doing none.The work was not distributed evenly. Some were so busy trying to do their best. Others had so much time on their hands that they would talk to other employees instead of offering to help the busy ones.
Pros
Helping people and making them feel like they really count.
Cons
Alot of work and little time with patients.
Relaxing Workplace
TEMPORARY FILING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 12, 2017
I enjoyed interacting with patients and taking care of duties behind the desk at the same time. The workplace is very calm and the staff are all very friendly.
Pros
You are able to see how a hospital is ran.
Cons
None.
Fast paced and awesome environment
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYNovember 11, 2017
I loved working for ProHealth as I had made great friends, enjoyed new and recurring patients. The doctors had very awesome bed side manners with the patients, the atmosphere was very friendly, however it could be challenging as it was also fast paced. I would have continued working there however i became the Stay At Home Dad for my daughter. I left on very good terms. If anybody was in the medical field or just became in the medical field I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
friendly
Good company, patient focused
Clinical House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 2, 2017
ProHealth has been a great company to work for. They have provided me with many opportunities that many other companies would not have. The company maintains a community hospital feel while still providing its patients with the healthcare they need.
balanced work enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WINovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Pro-Health but did not enjoy all the driving required. I enjoyed meeting different people. Enjoyed my hours and every weekend off.
Pros
working on my own
Cons
driving requirements
Don't care about thier employees
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYNovember 1, 2017
Was laid off for something that never happened
Very catty work environment
Employees act like children
No management support even though they tell you there was
Fast paced work environment
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 31, 2017
Days go by quickly, which is great, but sometimes there doesn't seem to be time to breathe and relax and if there is, you're looked upon to take on more work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Treated like a working machine
nice place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baldwin, NYOctober 16, 2017
Answering multi line phone, and setting all appointments for patients, verifying patients insurance information, setting up all referrals for patients, collecting all copay's an over due prior balances, via e scripting all medication for doctors, checking all labs, via quest or lab corp.
Great Organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 10, 2017
ProHealth Care is a great community based organization. There is a lot of competition in this field and many larger hospital systems that are in direct competition with ProHealth.
Many wonderful people to work with
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 10, 2017
Workload in my job was as expected when I started my most recent position, but soon became overwhelming. When I left, my role had completely changed, with most of my duties becoming database management. My position was ultimately eliminated without warning due to a department reorganization. Overall most employees are happy but very on-edge due to multiple reorganizations and cutbacks over the past 10 years.
Pros
Co-workers are generally positive, a very team-oriented mindset
Cons
Multiple reorganizations are deterring people from wanting to apply, or consider going back to ProHealth due to it's instability