ProHealth Care Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and innovative learning environment
Community Education Intern (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 13, 2016
Great co-workers who assisted me with real world experience with community education and community benefit. Great first internship for me. Shadowing each of my co-workers was a key experience and allowed me to gain knowledge within many different aspects of community education.
Fun work place
Environmental Services Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2016
My staff there was great.Worked well as a team. This job Taught me how to manage my work time properly so that I can be done in a timely fashion.
Pros
Co-works
Cons
I dint find the job changeling enough
Not a Good Place to Work! Sorry ProHealth Care, but it's true!
IT Administration (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 17, 2015
I could write pages and pages about my time at Prohealth Care but will limit to what I feel most needs to be said. I agree with the other IT/IS reviews in that once managment changed things really started to go down hill. I believe that upper management is out of touch with what is really going on with their employee's starting at the lowest level. The environment at ProHealth is extremely negative and unfortunately that goes for the whole organization. I know this because I dealt with all departments within ProHealth. I disagree with the other review about employees not being praised for doing good things. I think it just came down to there being so much negative activity around the department that it overpowered a lot of the good things that were going on. From an IT perspective, ProHealth could be a great environment to learn a lot of different aspects of IT because they deal with so many different functions of IT but due to lack of policies, documentation, IT Standards you'll have limited professional growth and development. In terms of the most enjoyable part of the job I must say that the pay was good, but not worth it for the levels of stress you'll have!! And the people I worked with for the most part were great people to work with not just professionally but also on a personal level. I wish nothing but the best for ProHealth Care but in order for things to get better there needs to be major changes made from the top-down. Not from the bottom-up like they were doing when I was there. And finally, I believe it's your employee's, not your customers/patients that should  more... be your primary focus mainly because if you have a happy/productive workforce then in return you'll have more happy customers/patients! Sorry ProHealth but it's true!  less
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Too many to list, but a few are...management (which includes upper managment), no respect, work-life balance, high turnover rate, not family oriented, too much uneeded stress
productive
Radiologic technologist (Current Employee) –  College Point, NYMay 18, 2016
great place to work for and learned a lot as an emt basic worked hand and hand with an als unit and had a lot of hands on experience
Used to be great place to work until new management
IS (Former Employee) –  waukesha, wiOctober 5, 2014
This used to be a great place to work and enjoyed getting up and going to everyday until new management. Only time we see management is if its something bad and never praised for the good things and accomplishments we do. They used to be a family friendly workplace and understand things but they are no longer like that. Was very disappointed in the last year how things were turning out.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
high turnover rate, not family oriented, can only use their healthcare otherwise you pay more out of pocket, management
Great!
IS (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYApril 22, 2016
Nice place to work and the job culture is great compared to various other medical management companies. The Doctors are friendly and everyone is treated like family.
I only worked here for a few months
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 26, 2016
While I only worked here for a few months I really enjoyed the job, it was a peaceful workplace and all of the people who worked there were very nice and helpful.
Great team work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 5, 2015
Great team work among co-workers in specific departments. You have to match potential employees to the co-workers who currently work there, to make the work day go smoothly and effectively.
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement.
" Slavery "
administration (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NY,March 23, 2014
You work all day without a break, you are flexible with your hours incase they want you to stay late or work on sat., no appreciation for that. For managers: you need to allow staff to interact with patients, sometimes they just want someone to talk to. They want to share their personal life events with us. Don't pull me over to the side and tell me not to talk. They are human beings for god's sake. Managers have no skills and are trained to be mean. Employees have no manners, and rude. The company hires young, low rate candidates and that is the worst part of working there. High expectation, no compensation for your hard work. The most enjoyable part is " NOT TO BE PART OF THIS COMPANY AND NOT TO WORK THERE". By letting me go for stupid reasons, it was the best thing happened to me. My value and sanity is far more important than working there.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
hard work, you get verbal and written warnings all time for stupid reasons.
Job Security but little work-life balance
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 25, 2013
If you do well, as opportunities for advancement are available the culture is to try and promote from within when possible. Friendly enough environment but a high volume of work is placed on you if salaried with little work-life balance the majority of the time. Depending on manager, little individual praise given for a job well done. Great insurance benefits and paid time off, average with pay.
Pros
benefits and paid time off
Cons
little work-life balance
Nurse Practitioner
Wellness Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 3, 2015
Varies, 45 hours a week salaried
variety of work and patient load
Management mainly hands-off with some micro-managing going on behind the scenes
Co-workers are mainly nice and supportive, family feeling work atmosphere
Pros
Family feel, colleagues
Cons
micro-management of management, not encouraging
Stable Job
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMarch 21, 2015
If you don't go to school and need a full time job then this is for you. There's good benefits and you can grow. My hours consist of a full time job. The co-workers were nice and professional.
Fun place to work, Great people to work with!
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLOctober 13, 2015
The part about this job I loved was performing phlebotomy!
Meet new patients
Super coworkers
I was able to put my skills and knowledge from medical assisting class to use.
Hardest part of the job was when my externship hours were complete and my last day there
Pros
Meeting new patients and seeing recurring patients; great people to work with
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYAugust 17, 2014
A typical day at work is to answer phones, and collect patients co-pays, and schedule appointments. The most enjoyable part of my day is that I get to interact with the patients. I wouldn't say there is any hard part in my day.
Pros
good work place, health benefits
Cons
management
Productive and fast paced moving office which I enjoy.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced, Getting the patients in and preparing them for the doctor. Collecting urine and blood samples. assisting the doctor with procedures.
Pros
Helping the sick feel better if possible
Cons
dealing with someone sickly and cannot help them
I like working where I can help people
Health Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 17, 2015
I enjoy my duties very much, I admit patients of all ages for all assorted procedures that they need. I work well with all of my co-workers, we share our shifts and change as needed to be there for each other. I work well with other departments at Prohealth to assist with my duties for our patients.
Pros
work monday thru friday, no weekends no holidays.
Cons
hard to think of anything bad
Only "eh."
IS (Former Employee) –  WIOctober 12, 2012
A challenging organization, with LOTS of turnover. Solid executive leadership, but lots of challenges with an entrenched culture.
Pros
reasonable work/life balance
benefits
New cafeteria and renovating hospital
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 21, 2015
The hospital is a great place to work and the staff is all very friendly and welcoming to new staff. I highly recommend this facility.
Pros
Good food, friendly staff
Cons
fairly set hours.
Good company to work for.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes patient care, entering medical records into the EMR, and scanning.
I learned to better my time management skills.
Management was satisfactory.
The co-workers were welcoming and supportive.
The hardest part of the job was uncooperative patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the cooperative patients and the doctors.
Great position for helping customers & collecting money.
Billing Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 9, 2015
Loved the job. Posted Payments, called and collected from Insurance Company's. Validated Sales orders. The Owner and Manager were spouses which made it a difficult work environment. Unprofessional cursing and very ugly to employees.
Pros
Loved Customer Service
Cons
Hated the hostile environment caused by husband & wife owners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProHealth Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9