ProHealth Care Employee Reviews

Nurse Practitioner
Wellness Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 3, 2015
Varies, 45 hours a week salaried
variety of work and patient load
Management mainly hands-off with some micro-managing going on behind the scenes
Co-workers are mainly nice and supportive, family feeling work atmosphere
Pros
Family feel, colleagues
Cons
micro-management of management, not encouraging
New cafeteria and renovating hospital
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 21, 2015
The hospital is a great place to work and the staff is all very friendly and welcoming to new staff. I highly recommend this facility.
Pros
Good food, friendly staff
Cons
fairly set hours.
Productive and fast paced moving office which I enjoy.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced, Getting the patients in and preparing them for the doctor. Collecting urine and blood samples. assisting the doctor with procedures.
Pros
Helping the sick feel better if possible
Cons
dealing with someone sickly and cannot help them
Fun place to work, Great people to work with!
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLOctober 13, 2015
The part about this job I loved was performing phlebotomy!
Meet new patients
Super coworkers
I was able to put my skills and knowledge from medical assisting class to use.
Hardest part of the job was when my externship hours were complete and my last day there
Pros
Meeting new patients and seeing recurring patients; great people to work with
I like working where I can help people
Health Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 17, 2015
I enjoy my duties very much, I admit patients of all ages for all assorted procedures that they need. I work well with all of my co-workers, we share our shifts and change as needed to be there for each other. I work well with other departments at Prohealth to assist with my duties for our patients.
Pros
work monday thru friday, no weekends no holidays.
Cons
hard to think of anything bad
Great position for helping customers & collecting money.
Billing Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 9, 2015
Loved the job. Posted Payments, called and collected from Insurance Company's. Validated Sales orders. The Owner and Manager were spouses which made it a difficult work environment. Unprofessional cursing and very ugly to employees.
Pros
Loved Customer Service
Cons
Hated the hostile environment caused by husband & wife owners
great experience
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYAugust 31, 2015
Great coworkers, great company, flexible work schedule, great work experience,friendly work place.

Lack of communication with management and employees.

Need to train employees better.
I did more charge capture.
ER Coding I/Charge Capture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha WIAugust 23, 2015
I didn't like working for ProHealth as there was a sense of cattiness. Supervisor played favorites and I'm too old for that game.

I did learn the charge capture, I don't feel that it was a way of coding in any way shape or form. It's not what I know.
Pros
I learned something new.
Cons
Supervisor played favorites.
terrible. just terrible
Critical Care Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 14, 2015
This the worst place to work. I would not recommend anyone I know to work there. All corporate bs going on resonates to poor staff moral.
fast pace
File Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 23, 2015
a typical day varies day to day.
medical is not my most common field of work so i have gained a lot of experience in a new environment .
the co-workers are pleasent.
the hardest part of the job is the amount of work one person gets
Not a Good Place to Work! Sorry ProHealth Care, but it's true!
IT Administration (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 17, 2015
I could write pages and pages about my time at Prohealth Care but will limit to what I feel most needs to be said. I agree with the other IT/IS reviews in that once managment changed things really started to go down hill. I believe that upper management is out of touch with what is really going on with their employee's starting at the lowest level. The environment at ProHealth is extremely negative and unfortunately that goes for the whole organization. I know this because I dealt with all departments within ProHealth. I disagree with the other review about employees not being praised for doing good things. I think it just came down to there being so much negative activity around the department that it overpowered a lot of the good things that were going on. From an IT perspective, ProHealth could be a great environment to learn a lot of different aspects of IT because they deal with so many different functions of IT but due to lack of policies, documentation, IT Standards you'll have limited professional growth and development. In terms of the most enjoyable part of the job I must say that the pay was good, but not worth it for the levels of stress you'll have!! And the people I worked with for the most part were great people to work with not just professionally but also on a personal level. I wish nothing but the best for ProHealth Care but in order for things to get better there needs to be major changes made from the top-down. Not from the bottom-up like they were doing when I was there. And finally, I believe it's your employee's, not your customers/patients that should  more... be your primary focus mainly because if you have a happy/productive workforce then in return you'll have more happy customers/patients! Sorry ProHealth but it's true!  less
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Too many to list, but a few are...management (which includes upper managment), no respect, work-life balance, high turnover rate, not family oriented, too much uneeded stress
Good company to work for.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes patient care, entering medical records into the EMR, and scanning.
I learned to better my time management skills.
Management was satisfactory.
The co-workers were welcoming and supportive.
The hardest part of the job was uncooperative patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the cooperative patients and the doctors.
Good place to work to put your foot in door
Receptionist/Clerk Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 29, 2015
Good place to work but co-workers can be lazy. Management needs to care more about the workers. Need to give more positive feedback not just negative.
HIGH VOLUME ROOM TO LEARN
DATA ENTRY RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Levittown, NYMay 11, 2015
I AM LEARNING SO MUCH ABOUT DIFFERENT PART OF A ORTHOPEDIC CLINIC. I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY BUT I WANT SOMETHING CLOSE TO HOME BUT IT GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GROW IN THE COMPANY
Helped patients regain control of life after discharge from hospital
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2015
* Worked with patients and their families in need of clinical help including assessment of psychosocial
functioning of patients and families and constructed interventions as necessary
* Interventions included connecting patients and families to necessary resources and supports in the community;
providing psychotherapy, supportive counseling, or grief counseling; and helping patients to expand and
strengthen their network of social supports
Stable Job
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMarch 21, 2015
If you don't go to school and need a full time job then this is for you. There's good benefits and you can grow. My hours consist of a full time job. The co-workers were nice and professional.
good
Clinical Exercise Physiologist & CVD Technician (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 21, 2015
My experience at ProHealth Care has been a positive one. I feel that there are many things that need to be changed but overall I very much agree with their philosophy that customer service is key in providing a great experience for patients. This also contributes to patients overall healing and health.
very negative and unfriendly staff
Medical Assistant - Extern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 9, 2015
wasn't allowed to further my skills the staff was unfriendly and not to cordinated wouldn't recommend to anyone that wanted to work there wish i was given a diffrent extern site.
Okay work environment
Q&A Representative (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYFebruary 21, 2015
This is a job not a career. Not much room for growth or learning. Friendly co-workers. Office was close to home, that was a plus.
Pros
close to home
Cons
little career growth
Strives for excellence while providing compassionate care.
RN, CVOR (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Always putting the patient first, ProHealth Care supports their employees to challenge themselves as they provide excellent care for the patients.